ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brett Kavanaugh

Old 22nd April 2019, 09:32 AM   #1
hank hill
Suspended

Thumbs down Kavanaugh's follies

This is the official thread for every bad choice Kavanaugh makes during his career as a Supreme Court justice. We may not be able to remove him, but at least his bad choices will give him notoriety.
hank hill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 03:53 AM   #2
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

You spelled his name incorrectly...

The correct spelling is Drunky McRapeface

EDIT:

I did find some funny stuff to get the ball rolling

https://www.brettkavanaugh.beer/ (warning: language)

Last edited by smartcooky; 23rd April 2019 at 04:07 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 05:27 AM   #3
Samson
Philosopher

Let us pray:

Let us pray that Kavanaugh is an order of magnitude less dishonest than New Zealand's new chief justice, Helen Winkelmann.

Oh, and less dishonest than Antonin Scalia as well. Rest in endless misery you hunter and killer.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:02 AM   #4
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Originally Posted by hank hill View Post
This is the official thread for every bad choice Kavanaugh makes during his career as a Supreme Court justice. We may not be able to remove him, but at least his bad choices will give him notoriety.

True, you can't remove him.

His notoriety is inconsequential
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:24 AM   #5
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Not necessarily.

There were opinion polls shortly after his confirmation that suggested that his nomination may have harmed the republicans (by turning some independents against the GOP, and/or making Democrats more likely to vote than their Republican counterparts.)

If people are reminded "this is what happens when you let a con artist become president... he picks potential rapists for the supreme court who are going to make bad decisions", then Democrats are more likely going to go vote, lest Trump get a second term and gets the ability to nominate more unqualified people.

Now, granted, the number of voters who actually read this forum will probably be too small to actually sway the election, but the concept of "look at the incompetent people Trump picked" actually does have value.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:48 AM   #6
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by hank hill View Post
On a dying echo-filled forum.
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:11 AM   #7
Ranb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

https://www.brettkavanaugh.beer/ (warning: language)
I got banned for a Tea Party forum after suggesting Kavanaugh's use of the word beer during his hearings might make a good drinking game.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2019, 04:20 PM   #8
hank hill
Suspended

"Devil's Triangle," indeed.
hank hill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2019, 05:44 PM   #9
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Old 24th April 2019, 06:46 PM   #10
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
I got banned for a Tea Party forum after suggesting Kavanaugh's use of the word beer during his hearings might make a good drinking game.

Ranb
Totally worth it.
Old 24th April 2019, 06:54 PM   #11
wasapi
Philosopher

[quote=smartcooky;12673358]You spelled his name incorrectly...

The correct spelling is Drunky McRapeface

EDIT:

I did find some funny stuff to get the ball rolling

https://www.brettkavanaugh.beer/ (warning: language)[/QUOTE!

Perfect! Just the truth of what I have imagined him.

Beyond that? Little interest.
Old 24th April 2019, 09:29 PM   #12
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Kavanaugh's opinion on the census question about citizenship included bringing up the UN does it. More GOP hypocrisy. The GOP would have had a fit if a librul brought up the UN to support going against current US law.

SCOTUS hearing on Census citizenship question.
Quote:
Justice Brett Kavanaugh pointed out that several major countries ask a citizenship question on their census, which is a recommendation by the United Nations. He also pointed out that until 1950, a citizenship question was a regular feature of the census in the U.S.

Snope's history of the question on the Census is worth a short review.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 24th April 2019 at 09:33 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2019, 09:42 PM   #13
dann
Philosopher

So just another Sarah Huckabee Sanders lie.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2019, 09:45 AM   #14
hank hill
Suspended

Yeah.
Old 26th April 2019, 10:19 AM   #15
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Which accurately reflects our dying echo-filled national discourse.

You're supposed to pick a side, put on your blinders and drink the kool-aid.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2019, 10:31 AM   #16
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
I wonder what that says about you.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2019, 10:58 AM   #17
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I wonder what that says about you.
His scintillating wit and unassailable debate skills have driven everyone away?
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 06:21 PM   #18
hank hill
Suspended

Yeah.
Old 21st June 2019, 09:11 PM   #19
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like ol' Drunky McRapeface did something decent for once... and Faux News fans (i.e. Trump's base) are not happy about it

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/fox...m_campaign=377
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2019, 11:23 PM   #20
Samson
Philosopher

Looks like ol' Drunky McRapeface did something decent for once... and Faux News fans (i.e. Trump's base) are not happy about it

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/fox...m_campaign=377
Interesting case.
He may well be innocent, a quick read of the evidence claims gun powder residue on his thumb he says was handling fireworks.
Does Kavanaugh believe he is innocent and ruled accordingly?
Are supreme court judges in America allowed to consider evidence?
They denied Brendan Dassey justice without comment recently.

Last edited by Samson; 21st June 2019 at 11:25 PM.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2019, 07:16 PM   #21
Matthew Best
Philosopher

There was a popular podcast about his case recently.

https://www.apmreports.org/in-the-dark/season-two

Well worth checking out.
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2019, 08:38 PM   #22
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post

Perhaps not but he has to live in the DC metro area. His kids have to go to school here. People here can make his life a living hell if they so choose.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2019, 11:42 PM   #23
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Perhaps not but he has to live in the DC metro area. His kids have to go to school here. People here can make his life a living hell if they so choose.
In a civil country - people are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
In a civil country - children are not held responsible for the decisions of their parents.
But wait - I keep forgetting that our neighbors to the south are considered social pariahs around the world for good reason.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2019, 02:09 AM   #24
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
In a civil country - people are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
In a civil country - children are not held responsible for the decisions of their parents.
But wait - I keep forgetting that our neighbors to the south are considered social pariahs around the world for good reason.
Err, your neighbours to the south are only considered social pariahs in 'merica.
Old 23rd June 2019, 02:27 AM   #25
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
There was a popular podcast about his case recently.

https://www.apmreports.org/in-the-dark/season-two

Well worth checking out.
I got the impression, that the popularity of that podcast was what caused the case to be taken up in the first place. Or at least caused it to move up the system a damn sight faster than it otherwise would have.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2019, 05:46 AM   #26
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
The only patriotism in this country right now is subverting and damaging Trump, his supporters and allies. The rapist on the bench is a rubber stamp for Trump. Their kind don't rate civility.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2019, 07:46 AM   #27
dann
Philosopher

Err, your neighbours to the south are only considered social pariahs in 'merica.

Our neighbors to the south are the Germans! But you're right, they're not considered social pariahs in Denmark. Not anymore.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2019, 07:47 PM   #28
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

More allegations against Drunky McRapeface

https://time.com/5677929/new-york-ti...al-misconduct/

"The Times report also surfaced similar, yet previously unreported, allegations that Kavanaugh had his pants down at a different college party, where his friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student. According to the report, classmate Max Stier witnessed the incident and alerted senators and the F.B.I. about this account. The report claims the agency did not investigate and Stier has declined to speak about the incident publicly.

The report also states the F.B.I. interviewed none of the 25 individuals, brought by Ramirez’s legal team to the agency’s attention, who may have had corroborating evidence in her allegations. Additionally, many of those potential witnesses named by Ramirez “tried in vain” to reach the F.B.I. on their own, The Times said."

If Drunky thinks its all calmed down now, he is mistaken. I can see a real possibility that if the Dems win the 2020 election, that they will go after him with a view to impeaching him for perjury before Congress.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:05 PM   #29
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The Times is trying to make this a "new allegation" but it was brought up back during the confirmation hearings. The allegation is that he had his pants down and someone else pushed his penis into the hand of a woman at the party. Here's an article from last October, during the confirmation hearings:

Quote:
Deborah Ramirez is the Yale classmate of Kavanaugh’s who now claims that Kavanaugh exposed himself as a college freshman at a party. Ramirez’s claim was already dubious because (1) named eyewitnesses deny the allegation and (2) Ramirez herself wasn’t sure in recent weeks if Kavanaugh had done what she now alleges. “Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself,” the New York Times reported. Ramirez was only willing to make the allegation, the New Yorker reported, after “six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney.”

The “corroborating” source for Ramirez’s claim was anonymous and said he heard it second-hand, but he was “one-hundred-percent-sure” he heard about it from an eyewitness.
Guess what? The eyewitness denied it:

Quote:
The New Yorker reached the classmate, but he said that he had no memory of the incident.
So a woman who wasn't sure it was Kavanaugh is backed up by a hearsay witness whose source denies any memory of the incident, but whose claim was nevertheless given credibility in the New York Times because they had nothing better to go with.

Apparently the new part of this story is that another classmate, Max Stier, has come forward to corroborate the story. Stier is getting a lot of boosting in the media as a straight-shooter, which raises the question: Where was he last year? Looking at the bio in this article it's apparent he wasn't on some desert isle:

Quote:
Stier is the founder and CEO of the nonprofit, nonpartisan Partnership for Public Service, an “organization dedicated to revitalizing our federal government by inspiring a new generation to serve and by transforming the way government works.”

Last edited by Brainster; 15th September 2019 at 10:06 PM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 01:07 AM   #30
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The Times is trying to make this a "new allegation" but it was brought up back during the confirmation hearings. The allegation is that he had his pants down and someone else pushed his penis into the hand of a woman at the party. Here's an article from last October, during the confirmation hearings:

Guess what? The eyewitness denied it:

So a woman who wasn't sure it was Kavanaugh is backed up by a hearsay witness whose source denies any memory of the incident, but whose claim was nevertheless given credibility in the New York Times because they had nothing better to go with.

Apparently the new part of this story is that another classmate, Max Stier, has come forward to corroborate the story. Stier is getting a lot of boosting in the media as a straight-shooter, which raises the question: Where was he last year? Looking at the bio in this article it's apparent he wasn't on some desert isle:
I'm not seeing how any of this is relevant

The fact remains that many, many people contacted the FBI with offers to provide testimony about Drunky, the FBI didn't even talk to any of them, and its not because the agents themselves didn't want to, its because they were warned off from doing so - I wonder who did the warning off?

There is no doubt in my mind that if Dr Christine Blasey Ford had accused and named a black man of doing what she accused Drunky McRapeface of doing, she would be 100% believed, and that black man would already be convicted and in prison based solely on her testimony.
Old 16th September 2019, 03:07 AM   #31
Samson
Philosopher

Brendan Dassey was affirmed guilty by default.
Ginsberg is also a woman of straw.
Kavanaugh is a man of straw.
Old 16th September 2019, 04:22 AM   #32
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

NYT follies
Old 17th September 2019, 04:11 AM   #33
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

Editor's note at the New York Times

On 15 September, the NYT added an editor's note onto their story: "An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book's account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say that she does not recall the incident. That information has been added to the article.” (italics mine) I opposed Kavanaugh's nomination, but I have to question whether these allegations should have been reported in the NYT without this additional information.

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 17th September 2019 at 04:21 AM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors