ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cit , lloyde england , pentagon

Old 8th January 2011, 11:11 PM   #281
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
i've spontaneously.
You've NO idea what these words mean! Right?
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2011, 11:21 PM   #282
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, this was just something i've spontaneously thrown into the room, for dissection and reference - and in reply to sheeplesnshills' incorrect posts. He has a problem with cognitive dissonance.
Damn, Ms. Empress; you owe me one irony meter too.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:36 AM   #283
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Yes, this was just something i've spontaneously thrown into the room, for dissection and reference - and in reply to sheeplesnshills' incorrect posts. He has a problem with cognitive dissonance.

Wheres the irony meter when you need it

and what incorrect posts??? CIT did tell Lloyd that ALL the witnesses have the plane crossing the road further to the north. This was recorded at his house. They then show him the pictures which show him and his taxi where the plane really went and since he knows he saw the plane he simply moves his memory of it to where they say it was and say the pictures are wrong. He did not take the pictures so why should he argue the matter?. Where exactly it was was not an issue to him as he simply describes what happened to him and his cab.

As I said, a dirty trick to play on an old man but about par for the course for CIT.

Last edited by sheeplesnshills; 9th January 2011 at 08:50 AM.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 09:46 AM   #284
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
Wheres the irony meter when you need it
BAM!

Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 09:46 AM   #285
drewid
Graduate Poster

Gaaah, too late to the party. New poster (long time lurker) here.

Hello.

I set up a 3d scene up in 3dsMax to try to get the point across
It's really really rough, ground heights are eyeballed not taken from a DEM. Same with the scaling of the lamp poles and cars, but its good enough to show the effect of a long lens and to get stuff roughly in the right place.
I didn't build everything (the bridge parapet and the bushes for instance) but it shows up on the ground texture.

I'm too noob to get to post image URLs, so if someone wants to PM me so we can get some images posted that'd be great.
drewid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 10:07 AM   #286
triforcharity
Banned

Just leave the http:\\www. off of it, and you will be fine.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 12:19 PM   #287
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mobertermy View Post
You are honestly trying to tell me the cab is 80 ft north of the overhead sign? Look at the picture in post #245...that's 80 ft. away from the overhead sign?
Flight 77 impacted the Pentagon and a lamppost hit the cab. What is your conclusion? Why did you fail?

I would recommend never using any CIT information in forming or analyzing 911 issues.

Your overall conclusion would be interesting to know, since your lie of photo manipulation has failed.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 02:22 PM   #288
drewid
Graduate Poster

So here's the scene, I've made gate 36 (TA3) and Pole B bright red, and made pole A yellow to make them easier to see. CIS it ain't but it'll do.

Photo 1
Gate36, behind the brown car and light pole, Pole B to the right of that.
Lens set to ~110mm

Photo 2
Gate 36 behind cab, I've got this as ~140mm lens,

Photo 3
Gate 36 behind the brown car. ~280mm lens, taken from nearly the same position as photo#1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pent0.jpg (113.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Pent1.jpg (119.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Pent2.jpg (122.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Pent3.jpg (122.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by drewid; 9th January 2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: File limit
drewid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 02:24 PM   #289
drewid
Graduate Poster

Photo 4
Gate 36 behind the brown car. ~280mm lens, taken from nearly the same position as photo#1

Photo 5
Gate36 behind the brown car, gate 35 behind the crowd of people (where the red car is n my scene). ~280 mm again (probably max zoom of this particular lens). Taken from way up the hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pent4.jpg (132.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Pent5.jpg (121.8 KB, 186 views)
Old 9th January 2011, 03:31 PM   #290
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by drewid View Post
Photo 4

Photo 5
Gate36 behind the brown car, gate 35 behind the crowd of people (where the red car is n my scene). ~280 mm again (probably max zoom of this particular lens). Taken from way up the hill.
Looks like you got a reasonably good match. Nice Job!

BTW Welcome

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 03:32 PM   #291
NYCEMT86
Graduate Poster

Wow Drewid,

Great work. Welcome to the forum

"The most beautiful four words in the common language is: I told you so." - Vidal
NYCEMT86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 03:46 PM   #292
Kid Eager
Philosopher

So here's the scene, I've made gate 36 (TA3) and Pole B bright red, and made pole A yellow to make them easier to see. CIS it ain't but it'll do.

Photo 1
Gate36, behind the brown car and light pole, Pole B to the right of that.
Lens set to ~110mm

Photo 2
Gate 36 behind cab, I've got this as ~140mm lens,

Photo 3
Good work - I came to the same conclusion in respect of photo 2 at post 123, but was hesitant to nominate the lens on account of not knowing the camera used (full frame/DX or other).
Old 9th January 2011, 04:27 PM   #293
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Photo 4

Photo 5

QED Excellent work.

Now mobertermy are you going act like an adult? Admit you were wrong and learn a valuable lesson from this? Just because you "know" that something is true does not actually make it so.

or are you going to behave like a child and simply put your fingers in your ears and scream "I'm not listening"!

Note that debunking you does not prove that their was no elaborate plot by reptile people or whatever on 911, all we are showing you that what you presented is not evidence of anything other than those pictures were not manipulated as you said they were.
Follow JREF and you will find EVERY piece of evidence of foul play presented by the truth movement has been shown to be simply wrong and that might hopefully lead you to a logical conclusion re 911 and CTs in general.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 07:40 PM   #294
Mobertermy
Muse

Photo 4

Photo 5
Drewid, thanks for your diagrams.

1) Do you agree that the labels of TA2 and TA3 are labeled correctly in photo #1?

2) Do you agree that the cab is not on the bridge?
Mobertermy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 07:42 PM   #295
carlitos
"más divertido"

Mobertermy,

I think that around 60 hours have passed since you posted this PowerPoint as "proof" of
photo manipulation. What has kept you from doing the overhead / line of sight analysis?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 07:53 PM   #296
Mobertermy
Muse

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Mobertermy,

I think that around 60 hours have passed since you posted this PowerPoint as "proof" of
photo manipulation. What has kept you from doing the overhead / line of sight analysis?
If the Eiffel Tower was behind the Pentagon in these photos would you still be insisting I have to do sight lines?

Last edited by Mobertermy; 9th January 2011 at 07:55 PM.
Mobertermy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 07:58 PM   #297
carlitos
"más divertido"

Yes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forced-perspective-eiffel-tower.jpg (44.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by carlitos; 9th January 2011 at 08:00 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 08:03 PM   #298
Mobertermy
Muse

So the Eiffel Tower behind the Pentagon in a photograph wouldn't be evidence of photo manipulation in your opinion?
Old 9th January 2011, 08:06 PM   #299
carlitos
"más divertido"

You have asked me two questions, while not answering mine. This is not an encouraging trend.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:10 PM   #300
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by mobertermy View Post
so the eiffel tower behind the pentagon in a photograph wouldn't be evidence of photo manipulation in your opinion?
face palm.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 08:16 PM   #301
Mobertermy
Muse

You have asked me two questions, while not answering mine. This is not an encouraging trend.
I will work on the sight lines next week when I have time. Now that I've answered your question answer mine - would the Eiffel tower behind the Pentagon be evidence of photo manipulation or not?
Old 9th January 2011, 08:28 PM   #302
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

I will work on the sight lines next week when I have time. Now that I've answered your question answer mine - would the Eiffel tower behind the Pentagon be evidence of photo manipulation or not?

Yes, and in other news, if my Grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:31 PM   #303
carlitos
"más divertido"

Yes. Much as a giant Mickey Mouse or a flying saucer behind the Pentagon would also be likely evidence of photo manipulation.

Now, please stop wasting everyone's time and get to the sight line analysis. Every second you spend posting in this thread without doing it is evidence that you aren't serious. Please re-read the posts on the scientific method. They were posted with sincerity; you really need to stop and re-think your hypothesis.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:33 PM   #304
Mobertermy
Muse

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Yes, and in other news, if my Grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.
So proof of photo manipulation doesn't always require sight lines.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:47 PM   #305
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

So proof of photo manipulation doesn't always require sight lines.

Sorry to say this isn't quite the "gotcha!" you were hoping for. This isn't a question of some obvious dead giveaway, it's about subtle questions of optics that require a bit of work to fully grasp. You yourself have acknowledged some flaws in your own arguments. There comes a point where if there are enough flaws, you have to question your underlying premise.

Maybe you should lay off the bluster, hyperbole and false dilemmas for a couple of days, take a deep breath and approach the evidence being presented to you here with an open mind?
Old 9th January 2011, 08:51 PM   #306
Mobertermy
Muse

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Sorry to say this isn't quite the "gotcha!" you were hoping for.
Yes it is.

Quote:
This isn't a question of some obvious dead giveaway,
Yes it is.

Quote:
it's about subtle questions of optics that require a bit of work to fully grasp. You yourself have acknowledged some flaws in your own arguments. There comes a point where if there are enough flaws, you have to question your underlying premise.
I haven't seen you personally find anything wrong with the ppt whatsoever.

Quote:
Maybe you should lay off the bluster, hyperbole and false dilemmas for a couple of days, take a deep breath and approach the evidence being presented to you here with an open mind?
Take your own advice.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:55 PM   #307
carlitos
"más divertido"

Mobertermy,

Think back to my recent post. Anyone claiming that the Eiffel Tour is taller than a 6-year-old girl is unambiguously wrong. To argue otherwise is preposterous.

Ya feeling me yet?

Seriously, stop posting in this thread. Go do the sight-line analysis. There is no rush; it's been 9+ years. Then, come back and report your findings.
Old 9th January 2011, 09:07 PM   #308
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Yes.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2011, 09:26 PM   #309
Kid Eager
Philosopher

If the Eiffel Tower was behind the Pentagon in these photos would you still be insisting I have to do sight lines?
if the Eiffel Tower was behind the Pentagon in these photos there would have been an entirely different discussion.

The fact is, the Eiffel Tower is not in these photos, so your entire argument was based on the absence of the Eiffel Tower. If you really wanted that to be part of your logic, you should have included it in your presentation.

Admit it. You have had your posterior handed to you on a platter in a full stadium, in front of a live television audience, in prime time. Yet you're still trying to say "that's not my posterior" as your trousers again fall towards your ankles over your absent buttocks.
Old 9th January 2011, 09:28 PM   #310
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Yes it is.

Why?

Quote:
Yes it is.

Why?

Quote:

Because others here have done a far better job than I could have. Part of being an adult is having the wisdom and maturity to know when to defer to your betters on subjects you are not a master of. I get this, why don't you?

Quote:
Take your own advice.

Where in this thread have I been guilty of "bluster, hyperbole and false dilemmas"?
Old 9th January 2011, 09:31 PM   #311
Mobertermy
Muse

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
if the Eiffel Tower was behind the Pentagon in these photos there would have been an entirely different discussion.

The fact is, the Eiffel Tower is not in these photos, so your entire argument was based on the absence of the Eiffel Tower. If you really wanted that to be part of your logic, you should have included it in your presentation.

Admit it. You have had your posterior handed to you on a platter in a full stadium, in front of a live television audience, in prime time. Yet you're still trying to say "that's not my posterior" as your trousers again fall towards your ankles over your absent buttocks.
I'm still waiting for you to explain in plain english how the cab can be on the bridge in photo #2.
Old 9th January 2011, 09:43 PM   #312
Kid Eager
Philosopher

I'm still waiting for you to explain in plain english how the cab can be on the bridge in photo #2.
Why on earth would I be required to explain that?
Old 9th January 2011, 09:47 PM   #313
carlitos
"más divertido"

Mobertermy,

If you aren't going to do the proper analysis, could you please give a reason for your continued postings on this topic?
Old 10th January 2011, 12:46 AM   #314
drewid
Graduate Poster

It isn't
Old 10th January 2011, 12:50 AM   #315
drewid
Graduate Poster

1) Do you agree that the labels of TA2 and TA3 are labeled correctly in photo #1?

2) Do you agree that the cab is not on the bridge?.
1) There's another gate that doesn't appear in any photos which messes up that numbering system anyhow. I labelled it as TA3 because that's the convention that seems to have been settled on. Actually it's TA4 unless you're a programmer and start counting from zero. That's why I prefer the official designation of 'gate 36'

2) It probably isn't ( where does the bridge actually start?) but that's getting into pointless semantics.

Depending on which pole hit the cab and how far it travelled after being hit, it may well have travelled over the bridge carrying the pole with it. That may be where some of the confusion arrives.

Last edited by drewid; 10th January 2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: detail.
Old 10th January 2011, 01:08 AM   #316
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

It isn't
Yup.....That's plain English.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2011, 01:57 AM   #317
drewid
Graduate Poster

Thanks for the welcome guys
Old 10th January 2011, 04:02 AM   #318
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The cab isn't on the bridge in photo #2, according to the boundaries you've defined for the bridge. Every aspect of photo #2 is consistent with the cab not being on the bridge. Drewid's excellent piece of modelling (welcome to the forum, BTW, drewid, nice to have you around!) is based on the assumption that the cab is not on the bridge, and reproduces all the major features to an acceptable level of accuracy. If you would actually work out the sight lines, as everybody has been telling you since page 1, you would be able to see that photo #2 does not indicate that the cab is on the bridge.

Did I mention that the cab isn't on the bridge in photo #2?

Dave

- Myriad

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 10th January 2011 at 04:28 AM.
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2011, 04:26 AM   #319
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

Yes it is.

Yes it is.

Take your own advice.
You were wrong dude....get over it.

You posted some "evidence" of photo manipulation but you made several mistakes...you didn't fully account for perspective/optics and you assumed that the only explanation for any "anomolies" were that there is some stupid conspiracy by illumaniti/reptiles/aliens/freemasons/jews/whatever....

The bottom line is that you don't have evidence of anything beyond your epic failure at analysis.

Get over it and move on.
Old 10th January 2011, 04:46 AM   #320
A W Smith
Philosopher

Welcome to the jref forums drewid. Nice work. Moberty, if you have a point, make it, and stop with your assinine semantics. It has been shown that Lloyd's cab is just south of the bridge span within 20 or 30 feet of gate 36. I accept Drewids through analysis which puts Lloyd's cab about 20 feet further south than my place mark. You can verify this by aligning the highway striping with known landmarks. Google earth timeline will show weather the spacing, length, interval, or location of the Striping has changed. The ruler function will further confirm locations. You have utterly failed to prove any photo manipulation. You came here for what you call "peer review" yet you refuse to accept anything critical of your pre conceived conclusion. All you have exposed is your own confirmation bias.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories