ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:41 AM   #1
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Guardian article on Sandy Hook and conspiracy theorising

This is an interesting article about the growth of internet conspiracy theory trolling and its effect on the bereaved.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-victim-father
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:41 AM   #2
fuelair
Banned

May all the trolls be roasted slowly in their own juices and fed to endangered animals. Or, just fed to endangered animals.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2017, 02:15 PM   #3
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
This is an interesting article......
Thanks Rolfe.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:37 PM   #4
Ranb
Philosopher

Quote:
Pozner himself used to be into conspiracy theories. When he lived in Connecticut, he often had to commute to New York and would listen to rightwing radio hosts such as Alex Jones and Michael Savage on the long drives. .... Once he got used to Jones’s “raspy voice” he liked him especially: “Alex Jones appears to think out of the box. He’s entertaining.”

Arguably, more than anyone, Jones is responsible for spreading the theory that the Sandy Hook massacre was fake.

On 27 January 2013, Jones told his audience: “In the last month and a half, I have not come out and said this was clearly a staged event. Unfortunately, evidence is beginning to come out that points more and more in that direction.”

“I wasn’t very verbal at that point, but I managed to send Alex Jones an email,” says Pozner. He wrote: “Haven’t we had our share of pain and suffering? .....

He got a reply from Jones’s assistant, who said: “Alex has no doubt this was a real tragedy.” But Jones’ thinking seemed to change. In 2015, he told his audience: “Sandy Hook is synthetic, completely fake, with actors; in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids, and it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors.”
I'm not about to say "what comes around goes around", but Pozner sure got the boomerang.

The letter that the president got from Newtown is unlikely to ever be acknowledged by Trump. To do so would be to alienate some of his more fanatical and devoted supporters. I can't think of anything else that Trump has failed to do that is more disgusting.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2017, 05:46 PM   #5
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
May all the trolls be roasted slowly in their own juices and fed to endangered animals. Or, just fed to endangered animals.
Too good for them.

These insipid sociopaths are the excrement of humanity. They should be lined up against a wall and shot, with an AR-15, one bullet at a time, starting at the feet and working the way up (in order to maximise their torture and suffering, and to help them understand what the victims went through) before finishing them off with a double tap to the head, ending their worthless existence.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2017, 04:51 AM   #6
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Also a recent BBC Radio 4 article HERE for those that are able to connect.
Old 4th May 2017, 08:20 PM   #7
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post

I'm not about to say "what comes around goes around", but Pozner sure got the boomerang.

The letter that the president got from Newtown is unlikely to ever be acknowledged by Trump. To do so would be to alienate some of his more fanatical and devoted supporters. I can't think of anything else that Trump has failed to do that is more disgusting.

Ranb
Disgusting is certainly another good term for it!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 06:19 AM   #8
Praktik
Philosopher

Thanks for posting - this article was great!

I hate to be *that guy* - but could we merge this with an existing Sandy Hook thread?

I actually frequently check the old thread would be great to have it in one place!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...249587&page=35
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2019, 12:44 PM   #9
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
There's another thread going on about the Sandy Hook parents' legal actions against Alex Jones. In the meantime, Lenny Pozner has (according to articles in New York Post and Time) won a lawsuit against James Fetzer and Mike Palacek for defamation via the book "Nobody Died at Sandy Hook." Damages have yet to be awarded.

It appears the book publisher has bailed on the authors. The book is being pulled from shelves, according to Time. Daily News reports:

Quote:
Following the decision, the publishing company apologized to Pozner in a statement.

“My face-to-face interactions with Mr. Pozner have led me to believe that Mr. Pozner is telling the truth about the death of his son,” Dave Gahary, the principal officer at publisher Moon Rock Books, said Monday. “I extend my most heartfelt and sincere apology to the Pozner family.”

https://time.com/5609120/sandy-hook-...famation-suit/
https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/dad-of...acy-theorists/
Old 21st June 2019, 07:08 PM   #10
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Too good for them.

These insipid sociopaths are the excrement of humanity. They should be lined up against a wall and shot, with an AR-15, one bullet at a time, starting at the feet and working the way up (in order to maximise their torture and suffering, and to help them understand what the victims went through) before finishing them off with a double tap to the head, ending their worthless existence.
Too good for them.

American Indians knew how to injure a person permanently without killing them, Let a person have to look at the unrepairable ruin of their face until the day they die.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2019, 02:48 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post

Ranb
I agree Trump's failure to respond is disgusting but look on the bright side;You don't see Jones being invited to the White House and he has not gotten any shouts out from Trump in a long,long, time. Even to Donny, Jones is damaged goods best avoided even if you don't actually condemn him.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 05:18 PM   #12
Jimmy9
Scholar

I think its the videos that do it for most of their theories.
Like this one.. WTH https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=66MW3R82UU21
Two adults and a young boy are filmed laughing it up at the scene.

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 05:47 PM   #13
carlitos
"más divertido"

Guardian article on Sandy Hook and conspiracy theorising

What a disgusting video.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories