ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags defamation cases , lawsuits , media criticism , Nathan Phillips , Nick Sandmann , protest incidents , racism charges

Old 21st January 2019, 04:48 PM   #361
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
BREAKING: Covington Catholic High School says they’ve been forced to work closely with local police and authorities to make sure that the staff and students are safe following serious death threats made against several students, their families and the schools principal.

MORE: Two police cars are stationed outside the Covington Catholic High School building, patrolling the area due to extreme threats made against the school and its staff and students. Protests have been planned for tomorrow. All students expected to stay home.

The costs of a literal race grifter and the legions of idiots that believed his lies
That's not cool! There's no excuse for doxxing. Good on the police for protecting these youngsters!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 04:52 PM   #362
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Well at least the Resistance can give us all all good laugh with their race grifting

Wait, they shoot THREE POINTERS IN BASKETBALL GAMES!

******* clownshow
Who is this Em? I thought Kathy Griffin was the resistance™.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 04:53 PM   #363
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

I didn't realize some people consider that there is actually "good doxxing"
Old 21st January 2019, 04:55 PM   #364
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
I didn't realize some people consider that there is actually "good doxxing"
Some people say it's still popular with the 4/8 channel crowd.
Old 21st January 2019, 05:04 PM   #365
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
This thread has lived out it's usefulness.

I'll call it here. TBD will continue this thread as long as possible. Finding every single piece of news he can find (like the Hillary thread) to continue this pearl clutching. Nevermind the fact this happens so much on the right that most have just stopped paying attention.

I was willing to admit that the left made a mistake but the people on the right that are straight up crying in this thread is getting to reach epic hypocrisy.

Good luck to people that bother with this anymore. I can't imagine pissing away more time watching the right stamp their feet over this interaction.
I"m with you. Enough is enough. I'm out.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 05:20 PM   #366
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Who is this Em? I thought Kathy Griffin was the resistance™.
She is just a small part. There are tons of race grifters piling on these kids.

Plus the credulous media, who repeated the idiotic lies.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 05:22 PM   #367
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
In the words of your Great Leader (so you'll understand): Buh-Bye!

Now that is funny!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 05:41 PM   #368
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

I agree. Though all you have to do to upset the thin skinned rightists, is to bang a drum.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 05:45 PM   #369
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

I think it's this particular poster's way of shaking a fist at the computer and yelling "this is a stupid thread".

I, myself, am guilty of this as well. In the movie threads I find myself yelling at the screen "Are you guys still talking about this? It's a stupid ******* Star Trek movie! Get over it!"
The one with Benedict Cumberbatch? So bad I still want to beat my drum in its face.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:20 PM   #370
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
I agree. Though all you have to do to upset the thin skinned rightists, is to bang a drum.
and lie about them, and doxx them, and threaten them with violence, and call the colleges they were admitted to, and threaten to shoot up their school.

That's all.

/hilarious to see that comment when several people are dramatically fainting out of the thread because the big dog is posting articles demonstrating that their hero is a ******* race grifter
Old 21st January 2019, 06:24 PM   #371
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

and lie about them, and doxx them, and threaten them with violence, and call the colleges they were admitted to, and threaten to shoot up their school.

That's all.

/hilarious to see that comment when several people are dramatically fainting out of the thread because the big dog is posting articles demonstrating that their hero is a ******* race grifter
WTF is a "race grifter"? I know what a grifter is. That is Donald Trump. But a race grifter? That makes no sense.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 06:26 PM   #372
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
WTF is a "race grifter"? I know what a grifter is. That is Donald Trump. But a race grifter? That makes no sense.
'k.

protip: do not, whatever you do, do not read the thread.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:27 PM   #373
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

That's all.

Something else that's hilarious -- and fact-based for bonus points! -- there's nobody here expressing anything resembling this sentiment. You exist in a fantasy world. A fantasy world with lots of spittle flying about.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:32 PM   #374
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

'k.

protip: do not, whatever you do, do not read the thread.
Given the BS nonsense that I've read in your posts it's probably a good suggestion.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 06:33 PM   #375
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Something else that's hilarious -- and fact-based for bonus points! -- there's nobody here expressing anything resembling this sentiment. You exist in a fantasy world. A fantasy world with lots of spittle flying about.
And race grifters. Don't forget race grifters. Grifters of race. Race...Grifters.

See, you have to say it over and over to hypnotize people into thinking it is a thing. Like the Rule of So. Doesn't exist. But repetition will make some think it does.

Race...grifter.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:36 PM   #376
The Big Dog

Sure there is, start with the OP, And then see all the people repeating lies about the kids, or derailing the discussion in a desperate attempt to avoid acknowledging criticism.

Lots of ways people can express this sentiment and they have.

Plus the broader resistance? Oh **** yeah, they are fawning all over this scum bag.

By the way? Hat tip on the ignoring the broader post/context/etc, kind of your go to strategy I have noticed.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:38 PM   #377
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
And race grifters. Don't forget race grifters. Grifters of race. Race...Grifters.

See, you have to say it over and over to hypnotize people into thinking it is a thing. Like the Rule of So. Doesn't exist. But repetition will make some think it does.

Race...grifter.
So, you are saying that you don't understand either the rule of so, or what a race grifter is despite the fact that I have explained what both mean?

That is unfortunate.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:39 PM   #378
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Sure there is, start with the OP, And then see all the people repeating lies about the kids, or derailing the discussion in a desperate attempt to avoid acknowledging criticism.

Lots of ways people can express this sentiment and they have.

Plus the broader resistance? Oh **** yeah, they are fawning all over this scum bag.

By the way? Hat tip on the ignoring the broader post/context/etc, kind of your go to strategy I have noticed.
Thats a lot of bizarre stuff you're making up. More fantasy from a Trump supporter. What a surprise.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:42 PM   #379
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Thats a lot of bizarre stuff you're making up. More fantasy from a Trump supporter. What a surprise.
Well, you just admitted you had not read the thread so....

Just ignore the death threats, they are Trump supporters.
Old 21st January 2019, 06:44 PM   #380
Thermal
Philosopher

So, you are saying that you don't understand either the rule of so, or what a race grifter is despite the fact that I have explained what both mean?

That is unfortunate.
Whoo hoo!
Old 21st January 2019, 06:46 PM   #381
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

lol, what does that even mean?
You need it explained to you?

Oy Vey (but not unexpected)

Protip: Its called "comprehension":

FYI: Everyone else reading the thread understood what I meant!

Fanstastic.

Rule of So is not a rule and Race grifter is not a thing. You made them up, and you continually repeat them in an effort to make them stick... they won't.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 06:47 PM   #382
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Whoo hoo!
Everytime someone says 'Race Grifter' take a drink!

Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 06:47 PM   #383
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Quote:
Rule of So is not a rule and Race grifter is not a thing. You made them up, and you continually repeat them in an effort to make them stick... they won't.
But they are so fetch!

Last edited by Matthew Best; 21st January 2019 at 06:49 PM.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 06:57 PM   #384
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

That is unfortunate.
LOL!
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 07:03 PM   #385
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
You need it explained to you?

Oy Vey (but not unexpected)

Protip: Its called "comprehension":

FYI: Everyone else reading the thread understood what I meant!

Fanstastic.

The Resistance™ is also not a thing. Don't let him try and get that one by!

ETA: Wait a tick!

....MORE: Two police cars are stationed outside the Covington Catholic High School building, patrolling the area due to extreme threats made against the school and its staff and students. Protests have been planned for tomorrow. All students expected to stay home.
Don't the students have today off?! Oh ...you're good, TBD!

Last edited by Elagabalus; 21st January 2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 21st January 2019, 07:11 PM   #386
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Some years back, an odd series of events landed me at Rastafarian headquarters in Grenada, West Indies. It was a funky, rundown clubhouse of sorts, with a few Rastas sitting around participating in a certain herbal ritual. They had a lot to say about the twelve tribes of Israel, much of which I didn't understand due to accents / patois. (Unlike virtually everyone I met in the west indies, they weren't particularly hospitable.) I never did fact-check if this was part of Rastafarian belief system until now. Apparently this is a Jesus/bible-oriented sect of Rastafari, and is closely related to the religion of the nutcases at the event in question.

Last edited by varwoche; 21st January 2019 at 07:12 PM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 07:12 PM   #387
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Everytime someone says 'Race Grifter' take a drink!
That way lies cirrhosis, pancreatitis and jaundice.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 07:12 PM   #388
Thermal
Philosopher

Don't the students have today off?! Oh ...you're good, TBD!
So, the resistance of race grifters is more insidious than we imagined. Kingly in it's power, as a hero of the left.
Old 21st January 2019, 07:19 PM   #389
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Who here has given them "a pass"?
There's no 'giving them a pass' here. There's just no point.

BHI is effectively a hate group. They genuinely hate everyone not them and most people ignore them. They set up tables and whatnot in cities where they have a presence and preach a lot of garbage. They often accost passers-by with insults and taunts.and make a nuisance of themselves, just skirting the edge of the law with regards to public assembly.

And people don't like them. And when I say people, I mean all people: white, black, latino, asian, jewish, muslim, christian, gay, straight etc.

That said. They have zero influence: no political influence, no representatives in congress singing their praises, no real funding to speak of, not even much dignity. So most people just ignore them.

So what are you going to do to them? Embarrass them by making their antics go viral? They'd revel in the attention. Call them out on using racial & homophobic slurs? You're talking about a Westboro Baptist Church Mentality here.

Its hard to punish a group that already sits at the bottom rung of the ladder and insists on slipping off that rung and into the mud.

So yeah, about the most you can do is make their attempts to be more intrusive in city culture less comfortable. There are a couple of examples of that being done in this PhiladelphiaSpeaks thread. It usually involve some DJ playing near where they are doing their gimmick; shades of the guys playing bagpipes near the WBC protests or the guy with the Tube marching next to the Neo-Nazis.

So for someone to say that people are giving BHI 'a pass' is utterly clueless to the situation.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 07:37 PM   #390
Minoosh
Philosopher

I like "The Resistance." The left should own it and build it into their brand. It gets the message across very well, I think.

Je suis la resistance
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 07:39 PM   #391
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I like "The Resistance." The left should own it and build it into their brand. It gets the message across very well, I think.

Je suis la resistance
I'm more of an Empire/First Order fan, myself. Better outfits.

Old 21st January 2019, 07:41 PM   #392
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Certain of life's mysteries are unfolding due to this outstanding(?) thread!

One of the first reggae songs to reach top 40 in the US was The Israelites, by Desmond Dekker. Whaddya know, it's inspired by the Rastafarian sect that was about the twelve tribes of Israel, closely related to the Black Hebrew Israelites. (Hopefully the west indies adherents aren't as crazy as the group we're discussing.)

Originally Posted by wiki
The title has been the source of speculation, but most settle on the Rastafarian Movement's association with the Twelve Tribes of Israel. In the 1960s, Jamaican Rastafarians were largely marginalized as "cultish" and ostracized from the larger society, including by the more conservative Christian church in Kingston. Destitute ("slaving for bread") and unkempt ("Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone"), some Rastafarians were tempted to a life of crime ("I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde"). The song is a lament of this condition.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by varwoche; 21st January 2019 at 09:34 PM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 07:59 PM   #393
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post

Je suis la resistance
Their brand is calling in threats to shoot up a high school because a race grifter pulled a scam?

They are really effective!
Old 21st January 2019, 08:04 PM   #394
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Certain of life's mysteries are unfolding due to this outstanding(?) thread!

One of the first reggae songs to reach top 40 in the US was The Israelites, by Desmond Decker. Whaddya know, it's inspired by the Rastafarian sect that was about the twelve tribes of Israel, closely related to the Black Hebrew Israelites. (Hopefully the west indies adherents aren't as crazy as the group we're discussing.)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
I remember the song. It was good. I liked it. The group I believe was pretty much a one hit wonder.
Old 21st January 2019, 08:04 PM   #395
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Who here has given them "a pass"?
Here? Anybody who hasn't expressed outrage at a racist homophobic hate group attacking children without any provocation.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 08:05 PM   #396
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Their brand is calling in threats to shoot up a high school because a race grifter pulled a scam?

They are really effective!
No, they're not.
Old 21st January 2019, 08:10 PM   #397
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
There's no 'giving them a pass' here. There's just no point.

BHI is effectively a hate group. They genuinely hate everyone not them and most people ignore them. They set up tables and whatnot in cities where they have a presence and preach a lot of garbage. They often accost passers-by with insults and taunts.and make a nuisance of themselves, just skirting the edge of the law with regards to public assembly.

And people don't like them. And when I say people, I mean all people: white, black, latino, asian, jewish, muslim, christian, gay, straight etc.

That said. They have zero influence: no political influence, no representatives in congress singing their praises, no real funding to speak of, not even much dignity. So most people just ignore them.

So what are you going to do to them? Embarrass them by making their antics go viral? They'd revel in the attention. Call them out on using racial & homophobic slurs? You're talking about a Westboro Baptist Church Mentality here.

Its hard to punish a group that already sits at the bottom rung of the ladder and insists on slipping off that rung and into the mud.

So yeah, about the most you can do is make their attempts to be more intrusive in city culture less comfortable. There are a couple of examples of that being done in this PhiladelphiaSpeaks thread. It usually involve some DJ playing near where they are doing their gimmick; shades of the guys playing bagpipes near the WBC protests or the guy with the Tube marching next to the Neo-Nazis.

So for someone to say that people are giving BHI 'a pass' is utterly clueless to the situation.
So you're willing to treat these guys the same way you treat White nationalists? Because zero influence, hated by everybody, bottom rung of the ladder, etc., are all characteristics of White Nationalists too. Or would just ignoring them be giving "Nazis" a pass?
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 08:16 PM   #398
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
So you're willing to treat these guys the same way you treat White nationalists? Because zero influence, hated by everybody, bottom rung of the ladder, etc., are all characteristics of White Nationalists too. Or would just ignoring them be giving "Nazis" a pass?
Do tell.

And no, I don't think these guys are the same as white nationalists. They have nowhere near the terrorism & murder levels.

As I said, they are closer to WBC, which did horrendously offensive stuff. But to my knowledge, no acts of murder or terrorism.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 08:24 PM   #399
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Nah, its a false flag scam by Trumpsters and Alt righters.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 08:29 PM   #400
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
No sale. Not even close. Get back to us the day that the White House is staffed by this fringe Christian sect, or the day a POTUS says some of them are fine people, or the day their racist lies are specifically echoed by a POTUS.

Last edited by varwoche; 21st January 2019 at 08:51 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics