ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Arkansas politics , Sarah Huckabee Sanders , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 13th June 2019, 04:14 PM   #1
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Sarah Huckabee Sanders to Quit

Sarah Huckabee Saunders, White House spokesperson who took over from Sean Spicer is due to leave, Trump has announced and to return to 'the Great State of Arkansas' at the end of June.

Quote:
"She's a warrior, we're all warriors, we have to be warriors," Mr Trump added.

The president did not name a replacement press secretary.

She said in a quavering voice: "This is something I will treasure forever. I'm going to continue to be one of the most outspoken and loyal supporters of the president."
Did she jump or was she pushed?

What made me laugh was the following:

Quote:
Mr Trump has opted to be his own communicator-in-chief, frequently making impromptu remarks to journalists above the buzz of presidential helicopter Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48628233

Trump as communicator-in-chief will be hilarious. Press conferences by Twitter? The last press conference was way back on 11 Mar 2019.

Last edited by Vixen; 13th June 2019 at 04:17 PM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 04:52 PM   #2
wasapi
Philosopher

I just saw this on CNN. Rats jumping ship?
Old 13th June 2019, 05:37 PM   #3
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe she finally realized, "Ah Hell... Even I can't believably support this BS any more."
Old 13th June 2019, 05:47 PM   #4
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not even sure Fox News would want the stupid **** now. She's complete damaged goods.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 06:02 PM   #5
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Is it wrong that I’m pulling for the return of The Mootch?
Old 13th June 2019, 06:44 PM   #6
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

She lies so much, how do we know that this is true?

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm not even sure Fox News would want the stupid **** now. She's complete damaged goods.
I think you might be in for a surprise.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:17 PM   #8
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Sarah Huckabee Saunders, White House spokesperson who took over from Sean Spicer is due to leave, Trump has announced and to return to 'the Great State of Arkansas' at the end of June.

Did she jump or was she pushed?

What made me laugh was the following:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48628233

Trump as communicator-in-chief will be hilarious. Press conferences by Twitter? The last press conference was way back on 11 Mar 2019.
Good riddance to evil and stupid rubbish.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:18 PM   #9
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I just saw this on CNN. Rats jumping ship?
Sure hope so!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:23 PM   #10
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Conspiracy Theories Are Thisaway

One of the Senate seats in Arkansas is up in 2020. Would she mount a challenge in the primary? Will daddy convince Cotton to take a position in the White House? He was up for Mattis' job and there's only a scumbag in training holding down SecDefense right now.

If Trump puts Cotton in the admin, Lying Sarah will run for Senate. They can time it so there's no time to mount a campaign for anyone but the prepared. Does the Arkansas governor get to appoint a Senator to fill out Cotton's term if he has to resign to take an administration position?

Daddy's got himself some heavy hooks into the fundie vote.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:27 PM   #11
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Plenty of tyrannical regimes would consider themselves lucky to get Huckachuckle as their spokesperson.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:31 PM   #12
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Damaged goods, pshaw. Recognizable celebrity on a show like Fox, yep!
Old 13th June 2019, 08:50 PM   #13
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Maybe she finally realized, "Ah Hell... Even I can't believably support this BS any more."
Nothing ever changed from the absurd lies that old mate Spicer told.
Old 13th June 2019, 09:20 PM   #14
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Wither, Hucklechuckle?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 12:12 AM   #15
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Plenty of tyrannical regimes would consider themselves lucky to get Huckachuckle as their spokesperson.
I like it.

Trumpachuckle
Pence-achuckle
Barrachuckle
Old 14th June 2019, 01:18 AM   #16
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Wither, Hucklechuckle?
She could use losing a few pounds, but I think your suggestion is a little harsh.
Old 14th June 2019, 01:53 AM   #17
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I don't think she's damaged goods at all.

Fox News would doubtless be delighted to have her as a pundit or as a permanent member of the team. She's in a great position to run for public office, especially if it's for a seat where GOP party affiliation would ensure election - the GOP faithful love President Trump and would presumably welcome with open arms anyone who has faithfully served him.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 04:37 AM   #18
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I don't think she's damaged goods at all.

Fox News would doubtless be delighted to have her as a pundit or as a permanent member of the team. She's in a great position to run for public office, especially if it's for a seat where GOP party affiliation would ensure election - the GOP faithful love President Trump and would presumably welcome with open arms anyone who has faithfully served him.
I have my doubts. She hasn't held a 'daily press briefing' for 3 months, and I'd guess she's heartily sick of the lying and the humiliation that goes with it.
Old 14th June 2019, 04:45 AM   #19
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

This isn't "news" - she made it clear MONTHS ago that she was leaving the post, which shows the absurd over-thinking/wishful thinking of the ISF locals for what it is.
Old 14th June 2019, 04:56 AM   #20
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What the **** thread are you reading?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:01 AM   #21
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
This isn't "news" - she made it clear MONTHS ago that she was leaving the post, which shows the absurd over-thinking/wishful thinking of the ISF locals for what it is.
Multiple Trump ass-kissers have made it clear they were leaving in a certain timeframe and then didn't until it became expeditious for the Orange Clown to have a story to bury.

The news here is "Just What Is It That Donnie Hopes His Minions Won't See?"

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:04 AM   #22
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
I have my doubts. She hasn't held a 'daily press briefing' for 3 months, and I'd guess she's heartily sick of the lying and the humiliation that goes with it.
I thought that's because the administration simply didn't want them.

I've seen nothing to suggest that she even thinks she's lying, much less that she's sick of it.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:05 AM   #23
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

I guess her next step is to have a book ghost written for her, then she can go on the media circuit for a while.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:05 AM   #24
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The pattern is for everyone not with a great job offering to join the Trump Campaign right after leaving the WH - for the NDA.

I'm curious to see if Sanders will or won't.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:05 AM   #25
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Kim Kardashian for Press Secretary!
Old 14th June 2019, 05:12 AM   #26
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Kim Kardashian for Press Secretary!
Given all of her work on behalf of ex-cons, I'd have thought that Attorney General was more her speed
Old 14th June 2019, 06:26 AM   #27
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Buh-bye.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 06:34 AM   #28
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

She hasn't held a press conference in months. What is she even quitting from? The job she already stopped doing?

Hell I'm quitting from being the CEO of Microsoft to the same degree Sarah Saunders is quitting from being White House Press Secretary.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 06:43 AM   #29
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Wouldn't it be great if she wrote a truthful tell-all book?

Then The PDJT could say, "I never liked her. She lies all the time. I barely knew her."
Old 14th June 2019, 06:44 AM   #30
Belz...
Fiend God

Wouldn't it be great if she wrote a truthful tell-all book?
Truthful? How would she manage that?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 07:10 AM   #31
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

My theory is that perhaps she just got fed up with Trump ignoring whatever public relations advice she offered to him. "President Trump remember how we discussed you might want to publicly tone down just how eager you are to accept Russia support in the next election? I had some new ideas about how to avoid that. What? You already said what? Oh crap!"

Also just imagine the stress of waking up every day and having to defend whatever Trump tweeted the prior night. Whatever he tweeted!

But IMO she deserved the suffering. An absolutely immoral nasty person!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 07:12 AM   #32
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

To oversimplify it a bit there are different kinds of liars, and it's not hard to imagine one kind of liar getting as frustrated with another kind of liar as someone who told the truth.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 07:34 AM   #33
dann
Philosopher

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, A Liar, to Resign as White House Press Secretary: "Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving the White House so she can spend more time with her lies." (Common Dreams, June 13, 2019)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 08:06 AM   #34
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Sanders is one of the very last Trump-Whisperers, someone Trump actually trusts won't backstab him.
Conway, with her cheeky husband, is suspect at best.
And Giuliani has already said he will quit soon.

In other words, Trump is more isolated than ever before.
Not good.
Old 14th June 2019, 01:31 PM   #35
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
One of the Senate seats in Arkansas is up in 2020. Would she mount a challenge in the primary? Will daddy convince Cotton to take a position in the White House? He was up for Mattis' job and there's only a scumbag in training holding down SecDefense right now.

If Trump puts Cotton in the admin, Lying Sarah will run for Senate.
I can't see anyone (even a Trump sycophant like Tom Cotton) abandoning a relatively safe senate seat in order to join the Trump cabinet, where turnover is so rapid. Coton could join the Trump administration and then either be out of a job before the end of year, or see Trump go down to defeat.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 01:45 PM   #36
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

The real question is: who's next?

It will have to be someone with an independent income, because the position will only be "acting", just like the majority of his administrative positions. They could be out on the street again in days - just ask The Mooch!

Or better question: Since there has been no press briefing in over 90 days anyway and Donny prefers government-by-tweet, will the position be filled at all?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 02:31 PM   #37
fuelair
Banned

Sarah Huckabee Saunders to Quit
Because her mouth spewed too much lying ******
Old 14th June 2019, 05:06 PM   #38
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Sarah Huckabee Saunders to Quit
Because her mouth spewed too much lying ******
I heard on the news in the car that the thing that spawned the **** said she hasn't decided on a run for office yet.
Old 14th June 2019, 05:41 PM   #39
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I have a question: Exactly what job is she quitting from? No presser for 94 days. And media relations is pretty much all the job entailed. Was she just goofing off the last three months? Perhaps she deserved to be fired for not doing her job at all rather than be allowed resign with a fond farewell.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 06:40 PM   #40
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I have a question: Exactly what job is she quitting from? No presser for 94 days. And media relations is pretty much all the job entailed. Was she just goofing off the last three months? Perhaps she deserved to be fired for not doing her job at all rather than be allowed resign with a fond farewell.
Maybe she just got bored.

Oops, didn't post!
Quote:
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
Gawd, that's almost as stupid as Trump.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics