ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , meghan markle , political gaffes , Trump controversies , US-UK relations

Old 3rd June 2019, 02:04 PM   #81
Garrison
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Worm View Post
I really hope this is real, but can't verify.

Led By Donkeys have been doing some sterling work trying to bring facts to the Brexit debate. Here they turn to Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status...57720030027776

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8JPUBAWsAAg6Mn.jpg:small
They also projected the 2015 video of Boris Johnson slagging Trump off onto Big Ben.
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:10 PM   #82
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
No red carpet for DT as he stepped off the plane. A subtle hint perhaps?
No red carpet, but there was a strong odor of sulphur in the air as soon as AF One's door opened.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:22 PM   #83
carlitos
"más divertido"

Splinter News has an apt headline with a photo of Trump and the royals - Look at this idiot. A moron wearing huge clown pants. Not that the English doofuses look much better.

ETA - I did an image search, because I was unaware that Charles had married his mistress, and wondered who's the other chick in the tiara. The results were amusing!

Last edited by carlitos; 3rd June 2019 at 02:28 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:28 PM   #84
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

London part of trip is going really well. The Queen and the entire Royal family have been fantastic. The relationship with the United Kingdom is very strong. Tremendous crowds of well wishers and people that love our Country. Haven’t seen any protests yet, but I’m sure the....

....Fake News will be working hard to find them. Great love all around. Also, big Trade Deal is possible once U.K. gets rid of the shackles. Already starting to talk!
I'd LOVE to see actual pictures/video of those "tremendous crowds of well wishers". Apparently, the 'fake news' is succeeding in hiding them, but I bet they're the greatest crowds of well-wishers EVER in the history of crowds of well-wishers. The only crowd to ever out well-wish them was the largest crowd EVER to attend an inauguration in the history of inaugurations.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:33 PM   #85
Lothian
should be banned

Nice to see him welcomed with some creative lawn mowing.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:38 PM   #86
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
https://stock.rtl.lu/rtl/300/rtl2008...a875d5cc5.jpeg
Trump will claim that's from a well-wisher and it's actual size.
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:40 PM   #87
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
https://stock.rtl.lu/rtl/300/rtl2008...a875d5cc5.jpeg
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:56 PM   #88
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I saw him described as looking like 'An ever expanding schoolboy wearing last years jacket and next years trousers'
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:00 PM   #89
Tero
Graduate Poster

Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:10 PM   #90
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Some of Trump's well-wishers, I see.
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:40 PM   #91
Delvo
الشيطان الأبيض

I saw him described as looking like 'An ever expanding schoolboy wearing last years jacket and next years trousers'
So what year were the high heels from?
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:50 PM   #92
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
So what year were the high heels from?
Jimmy Choo's are timeless.
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:57 PM   #93
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
You know, I'm still not sure if Trump was elected in spite of the universal and strenuous efforts of the MSM to prevent it, or if he was installed as a hate figure, as a further wedge to accelerate fragmenting US (and perhaps Western) society. In my lifetime I've never seen anything like 'Trump derangment syndrome' - even the Idiot Prince, GWB, with his neocon cronies and their coopting of the US and UK military into utterly destroying Iraq, never generated anything like this hysteria among the left and self-styled "intelligentsia".
Your shtick is already old and tired.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 05:12 PM   #94
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

The White House
‏Verified account
@WhiteHouse

"This evening, we thank God for the brave sons of the United Kingdom and the United States, who defeated the Nazis and the Nazi regime, and liberated millions from tyranny. The bond between our nations was forever sealed in that great crusade."

"On behalf of all Americans, I offer a toast to the eternal friendship of our people, the vitality of our nations, and to the long-cherished and truly remarkable reign of Her Majesty The Queen."
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 05:15 PM   #95
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

The White House
‏Verified account
@WhiteHouse

"This evening, we thank God for the brave sons of the United Kingdom and the United States, who defeated the Nazis and the Nazi regime, and liberated millions from tyranny. The bond between our nations was forever sealed in that great crusade."

"On behalf of all Americans, I offer a toast to the eternal friendship of our people, the vitality of our nations, and to the long-cherished and truly remarkable reign of Her Majesty The Queen."
But I'm sure there were good people on both sides.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 05:16 PM   #96
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

That feeling when someone gets hold of Trump's phone and types an actually presidential message, and it's like having an adult in charge for a second.
Old 3rd June 2019, 05:44 PM   #97
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
That feeling when someone gets hold of Trump's phone and types an actually presidential message, and it's like having an adult in charge for a second.
Where is an Invasion of the Body Snatchers when you need one?
Old 3rd June 2019, 06:06 PM   #98
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

(Paste from here http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12715313 - posted in the wrong browser tab while distracted);

Well, the number of vacuous, virtue-signalling twats "expected" to rock up in in central London tomorrow and **** up everyone else's day depends on who's **** it's pulled from. But I guess there are enough of these jobless ne're-do-wells with literally nothing better to do and zero capacity for independent thought to swell the numbers for the same media organs that form their "opinions" for them.
Old 3rd June 2019, 06:39 PM   #99
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

(Paste from here http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12715313 - posted in the wrong browser tab while distracted);

Well, the number of vacuous, virtue-signalling twats "expected" to rock up in in central London tomorrow and **** up everyone else's day depends on who's **** it's pulled from. But I guess there are enough of these jobless ne're-do-wells with literally nothing better to do and zero capacity for independent thought to swell the numbers for the same media organs that form their "opinions" for them.
Thanks for your input, Mr Hannity.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2019, 07:07 PM   #100
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Splinter News has an apt headline with a photo of Trump and the royals
Forget Nostradamus, Shakespeare is a far better soothsayer.

Hamlet Act 5, scene 2:

“Now does he feel his title / Hang loose about him, like a giant's robe / Upon a dwarfish thief."
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:28 PM   #101
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

London fashion: It's before Labor Day, both Melania and Camilla are wearing white.
Old 3rd June 2019, 09:42 PM   #102
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I’ll do my best to treat you with respect.

Your somewhat over-the-top condemnation of every single Trump protestor implies that you hold the position that there is no legitimate reason whatsoever to protest the POTUS. Are you of the opinion that absolutely nothing that President Trump has said or done is worthy of protest?
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:15 PM   #103
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

Your somewhat over-the-top condemnation of every single Trump protestor implies that you hold the position that there is no legitimate reason whatsoever to protest the POTUS. Are you of the opinion that absolutely nothing that President Trump has said or done is worthy of protest?
I agree,

The big fat (and probably orange) elephant in the room though is the shear number of things obviously worth protesting about in this case, let alone finding a single one.

It's like climate change deniers, the debate is over folks, get with the program.
Old 4th June 2019, 12:10 AM   #104
Stacyhs
Philosopher

More from all those 'well-wishers':

The Funniest Protest Signs From Trump’s Visit To The UK
https://www.sadanduseless.com/donald...ge-7/#comments
Old 4th June 2019, 01:46 AM   #105
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Trump Tweets

London part of trip is going really well. The Queen and the entire Royal family have been fantastic. The relationship with the United Kingdom is very strong. Tremendous crowds of well wishers...

...all wishing that he’d fall down one.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 02:40 AM   #106
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post

"IKEA has better Cabinets"
- love it
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 02:48 AM   #107
TofuFighter
Master Poster

I'll be quite looking forward to seeing people, even Jeremy Corbyn, take a day off from their jobs to protest the vacuous twat who pulls just about everything from his arse. This sort of thing should happen more often in the states, since most people with a rational viewpoint find it easy to identify the moral degradation he represents simply by listening to him speak (and tweet).
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 03:35 AM   #108
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Excellent
Old 4th June 2019, 03:36 AM   #109
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Those are from his last visit, not this one.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 05:01 AM   #110
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife
Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Pretty much. It's clear that Trump is not someone I'd ever want to have beer with, but he saved us (the World, not just the US) from the crooked b!tch of the West.

I was at the Feb 15th 2003 Hyde Park protest (which, NB, was on a Saturday) - that's what I call a legitimate protest. These weak-minded, hypnotised TWATS out protesting the "racism" and "misogyny" of a visiting American President - give me ******* strength.

Last edited by zooterkin; 5th June 2019 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Rule 10
IsThisTheLife is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 05:05 AM   #111
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Being criticized and protested is part of the job of President.
If Trump doesn't like it he can always resign.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 05:08 AM   #112
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Pretty much. It's clear that Trump is not someone I'd ever want to have beer with, but he saved us (the World, not just the US) from the crooked b!tch of the West.

I was at the Feb 15th 2003 Hyde Park protest (which, NB, was on a Saturday) - that's what I call a legitimate protest. These weak-minded, hypnotised TWATS out protesting the "racism" and "misogyny" of a visiting American President - give me ******* strength.
Sorry, are you suggesting that well-informed folk cannot come to the reasonable conclusion that Trump is racist and mysogynistic?

I think he's both (this depends on what one means by mysogyny -- he does not hate women, but he treats them with disrespect). I don't think those that disagree are twats. Trump's words are open to many interpretations, thanks to the addled nature of what I'll generously refer to as his thought process. Someone who likes Trump can come up with a reasonable way to deny that he's racist. I don't think it stands up to scrutiny, but I also don't think that they're twats just because they've found a rationale for their simply wrong opinion.

There are many things Trump has said and done that strongly suggests he is racist. Why would anyone be a twat for thinking so and feeling compelled to protest such horrible opinions and behavior?

Last edited by zooterkin; 5th June 2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Rule 10 in quoted post
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 05:31 AM   #113
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Amazing. This is the depth of leftist critique and "wit"? You honestly can't see how childish, how puerile it is?
Old 4th June 2019, 05:33 AM   #114
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Amazing. This is the depth of leftist critique and "wit"? You honestly can't see how childish, how puerile it is?
Oh dear.

Some protesters with signs == leftist critique.

Not trying very hard are you?
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 05:55 AM   #115
plague311
Great minds think...

Is it as childish and puerile (ETA: You don't have to italicize words you think other people don't know to try and show off your grammar savvy, no one is impressed.) as implying everyone that doesn't like your particular flavor of Jesus is a twat?

You've done nothing but name-call and stamp your feet since you've come here. I get that to Trumpers they don't have to apply the same rules to themselves as others, and that they think name-calling and insulting is somehow "winning". However, that doesn't fly 'round these parts. It's a completely ******** stance to take, and you have absolutely zero credibility given that you've spent your last 3 posts calling people twats. Moving on.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 05:59 AM   #116
Matthew Best
Philosopher

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cb&oe=5D8E5447

Last edited by zooterkin; 9th June 2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Rule 5
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 06:03 AM   #117
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
London fashion: It's before Labor Day, both Melania and Camilla are wearing white.
Labor Day in the United Kingdom, like most of the world, is celebrated on May 1.
Old 4th June 2019, 06:36 AM   #118
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
No it isn't.

It's Presidential.
Old 4th June 2019, 06:41 AM   #119
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Is it as childish and puerile (ETA: You don't have to italicize words you think other people don't know to try and show off your grammar savvy, no one is impressed.) ...
It's called emphasis, which is a way of indicating how a word, phrase or sentence is intended to sound when spoken. Good grief.
Old 4th June 2019, 06:44 AM   #120
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
You just don't get it, do you?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics