ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Arkansas politics , Sarah Huckabee Sanders , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 14th June 2019, 07:04 PM   #41
wasapi
Philosopher

I don't believe her own political aspirations had anything to do with her quitting. After having made the decision, her dad may be pushing the idea. But I still think she is a rat jumping ship.

And, the most interesting thing about her departure, is that she was loyal to Trump, and he depended on that. Her leaving must be a huge personal hit he is taking now. He is losing what little support he has left, and he knows it.
Old 14th June 2019, 07:29 PM   #42
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Jussie Smollett for Press Secretary!
Old 14th June 2019, 09:10 PM   #43
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I don't believe her own political aspirations had anything to do with her quitting. After having made the decision, her dad may be pushing the idea. But I still think she is a rat jumping ship.

And, the most interesting thing about her departure, is that she was loyal to Trump, and he depended on that. Her leaving must be a huge personal hit he is taking now. He is losing what little support he has left, and he knows it.
I so hope you are correct on that!!!! He needs a clear and completely evident breakdown - physical and mental BUT not unless Pence gives up or goes out at the same time. We do not need a crazed xtian in charge.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 09:29 PM   #44
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Whatever she wants to do, she better do while Trump is still in office.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 01:55 AM   #45
Minoosh
Philosopher

I may be one of the few here who believe she was in fact quite good at her job. And her job was propaganda. Trump is going to be hard-pressed to find a surrogate who will go on the offensive with the media in order to manufacture distractions as well as she did. She tended not to get flustered, stayed on message and covered adroitly for her boss in many key areas. Trump wanted a pugilist in that role and she delivered.

I tend to think this was not a falling-out or a rats-abandoning-ship issue - though she never confirmed it, I believe she had planned to step down for about the past year.

She has 3 young children and in this case I can easily believe the usual claim of wanting to spend more time with her family.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 01:59 AM   #46
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I may be one of the few here who believe she was in fact quite good at her job. And her job was propaganda. Trump is going to be hard-pressed to find a surrogate who will go on the offensive with the media in order to manufacture distractions as well as she did. She tended not to get flustered, stayed on message and covered adroitly for her boss in many key areas. Trump wanted a pugilist in that role and she delivered.

I tend to think this was not a falling-out or a rats-abandoning-ship issue - though she never confirmed it, I believe she had planned to step down for about the past year.

She has 3 young children and in this case I can easily believe the usual claim of wanting to spend more time with her family.
Maybe they should change the job title from press secretary to propaganda secretary or ministry of truth spokesperson.
Old 15th June 2019, 02:41 AM   #47
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Maybe they should change the job title from press secretary to propaganda secretary or ministry of truth spokesperson.
They might as well; that's what press secretaries do, and I'm sure this holds true with Democrats as well. Their job is to support the president, not to serve the country.

In a New Yorker article she came across as slightly less combative than her public persona indicates. It didn't make me like her, but she does have a streak of humanity.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trumpís Battering Ram

I appreciated her calling John McCain a hero, apparently sincerely.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 02:51 AM   #48
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

They might as well; that's what press secretaries do, and I'm sure this holds true with Democrats as well. Their job is to support the president, not to serve the country.

In a New Yorker article she came across as slightly less combative than her public persona indicates. It didn't make me like her, but she does have a streak of humanity.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s Battering Ram

The way she and Spicer behaved as press secretary is not normal. America must not accept it as normal or you are ******. Supporting the president as a primary role is not normal. Communicating the president’s message clearly and well packaged for contemporary media is. If she was a decent person she would have resigned rather than continuously lying, deflecting and gaslighting in support of the president.

Last edited by Sideroxylon; 15th June 2019 at 02:59 AM.
Sideroxylon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 02:55 AM   #49
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trumpís Battering Ram

I didn't see any humanity, just political astuteness. If the **** is contemplating a run for office, she needs to soften her image. The bitch tried and failed to do that. She'll never be anything but a traitor and the hated other.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 03:10 AM   #50
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
This isn't "news" - she made it clear MONTHS ago that she was leaving the post, which shows the absurd over-thinking/wishful thinking of the ISF locals for what it is.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 03:33 AM   #51
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I didn't see any humanity, just political astuteness. If the **** is contemplating a run for office, she needs to soften her image. The bitch tried and failed to do that. She'll never be anything but a traitor and the hated other.
If the district or state is safe enough for the GOP then she needn't do anything, she'll get elected easily pretty much regardless.

Once in post, her family connections and unwavering support of President Trump will keep her in post IMO.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2019, 07:37 AM   #52
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Zing! Sanders says she hopes to be remembered as being "transparent and honest".
Stormy Daniels: "And I hope to be remembered for being a virgin."
Twitter
Old 16th June 2019, 02:56 PM   #53
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
The way she and Spicer behaved as press secretary is not normal. America must not accept it as normal or you are ******. Supporting the president as a primary role is not normal. Communicating the presidentís message clearly and well packaged for contemporary media is. If she was a decent person she would have resigned rather than continuously lying, deflecting and gaslighting in support of the president.
I couldn't agree more!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2019, 05:45 PM   #54
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Will Trump even bother replacing her? It's not as if she even does press conferences anymore.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2019, 05:51 PM   #55
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Will Trump even bother replacing her? It's not as if she even does press conferences anymore.
He needs somebody to go out and lie for him when necessary. He can't lie in two places at one time.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2019, 06:25 PM   #56
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

She was excellent at her job. But you can only be an assertive convincing liar for so long before people start to notice you always lie.

She's been exposed as a liar, it must get tiring, especially if she believed the lies she was telling up to a point.

As for running for office? What credentials does she have for that? "Good public speaker"
Old 16th June 2019, 06:53 PM   #57
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
As for running for office? What credentials does she have for that? "Good public speaker"
"Hey Republicans/Conservatives in this district, electing this person will get the Democrats/Liberals in your district angry! It will be so funny! Vote for her, that will show those limp wristed, latte sipping, 'Murica hating Lefties!"
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics