ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th June 2019, 10:15 AM   #1
NYCEMT86
Graduate Poster

2400 unseen WTC recovery / clean up photos found

2400 unseen photos taken by an unidentified recovery worker have been found.

News article.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48689783

Flicker album. https://www.flickr.com/photos/textfi...57708997281912

"The most beautiful four words in the common language is: I told you so." - Vidal
NYCEMT86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Jaytje46
Critical Thinker

Thanks for the links!

Amazing set of images
Jaytje46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2019, 06:31 PM   #3
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Thank you NYC EMT and all you other First Responders. Those are incredible pictures. Over time it all fades, but it shouldn't. These help. I'm glad they've been restored.
Old 21st June 2019, 12:48 AM   #4
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by NYCEMT86 View Post
2400 unseen photos taken by an unidentified recovery worker have been found.

News article.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48689783

Flicker album. https://www.flickr.com/photos/textfi...57708997281912
Let's not invite conspiradroids in to launch rampant speculation, but....

I doubt those are shots from a construction worker. More likely the personal archive copies of a professional photographer. Those pics are probably in some government file somewhere. This is the work of one or more professional photographers. They're not leisure snaps by a casual worker, because they're:

> From all over the cleanup site
> Some taken from elevated positions that would've required special permission.
> There are more than a hundred shots per day from the first few days from all sorts of locations. No construction guy had the time to set up and shoot a hundred shots.
> Look at the last pics of 06 October. The sun is coming up. The following pics are from early morning on the 7th. No one worker hung out there for 24 hours shifts.
> The framing and angles look like those of a seasoned photographer.

I'd say maybe an agency camera from one of the city or state government offices nearby. Photographer 1 took it out for one shift and someone else followed up later. Someone probably burned themselves copies for their own use, or took copies home to work on. All likely very innocent, but I wanted to beat PDOH's socks to noticing it.

ETA: Brainfart. I just remembered the type of company I've dealt with that kept a "company camera". Insurance companies. Surveyors often keep an Everybody's Camera around in case they have to go out on an ad hoc job and don't want to wait for the pros(or don't want to call in the pros).
Might've been someone doing a claims file.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 21st June 2019 at 12:52 AM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2019, 02:25 AM   #5
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

I just wonder why these photos were taken. Maybe it was a whole team of people taking them some working at the same time as others. If so someone needs to have collected them all. I note camera shake in many of the photos. So no tripod.
Old 21st June 2019, 10:13 PM   #6
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
I just wonder why these photos were taken. Maybe it was a whole team of people taking them some working at the same time as others. If so someone needs to have collected them all. I note camera shake in many of the photos. So no tripod.
From the look of many of them it was for documentation of activities related to the cleanup. There are two pages full of construction equipment (cranes, generators, bulldozers, etc) which looks like some might need to back up their billing department when and if the Port Authority balked on a line-item. Then there are multiple photos of a specific area to show procedure and progress.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories