ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , joe biden , political gaffes , politics humor

View Poll Results: If Biden gets the Democratic nomination, who will commit more gaffes in the campaign?
Trump 17 62.96%
Biden 8 29.63%
About equal 1 3.70%
Planet X 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th August 2019, 02:32 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Trump v. Biden: Who would commit more gaffes?

This isn't about who would win. If Biden gets the Democratic nomination, who will commit more gaffes in the campaign?

Bonus: Debate gaffes count double.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 02:34 PM   #2
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Trump v. Biden: Who would commit more gaffes?
Trump would, but Biden's would probably be more damaging to himself because Democrats at this time are less likely to accept a problematic candidate than the republicans.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 02:49 PM   #3
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I said Biden simply because Trump never makes a mistake.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 02:51 PM   #4
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Biden.

Trump is now beyond gaffes as such.

---

It's like asking who is closer to enlightenment, the Dalai Lama or the Buddha. One of them is still approaching it, the other is already beyond it.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 03:10 PM   #5
CORed
Philosopher

I picked trump. However, to a true Trump supporter, he makes no gaffes. Anything that appears to look like a gaffe is exactly what he meant to say because either:

It's 100% true, or exactly what needs to be done about whatever he happens to be rambling about at the moment, even if it completely conflicts with what he said 30 minutes ago, which was the truth or best policy 30 minutes ago, but isn't now.

A bluff made as part of his brilliant negotiating tactics.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 03:29 PM   #6
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Biden. Trump has no shame.
Old 14th August 2019, 03:29 PM   #7
marting
Graduate Poster

Dr. Cialdini needs to update his book. Perhaps he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQoiEKRyztc
Old 14th August 2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Dr. Cialdini needs to update his book. Perhaps he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQoiEKRyztc
And we need to watch a 20 minute video to find out what you are referring to?
Old 15th August 2019, 12:39 AM   #9
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I picked trump. However, to a true Trump supporter, he makes no gaffes. Anything that appears to look like a gaffe is exactly what he meant to say because either:

It's 100% true, or exactly what needs to be done about whatever he happens to be rambling about at the moment, even if it completely conflicts with what he said 30 minutes ago, which was the truth or best policy 30 minutes ago, but isn't now.

A bluff made as part of his brilliant negotiating tactics.
I am fed up with this sort of inaccurate overblown critism of Trump. 30 minutes and he has contradicted his original stance! Please, he often contradicts the stance he took at the start of his sentence before he gets to the end of the sentence!
Old 15th August 2019, 12:39 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
And we need to watch a 20 minute video to find out what you are referring to?
And buy the book?
Old 15th August 2019, 03:46 PM   #11
Mumbles
Philosopher

Biden, easy. Trump means every hateful thing he says. Biden wouldn't.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 04:54 PM   #12
wasapi
Philosopher

I voted Trump. Everything that comes from his mouth is a gaffe.
Old 15th August 2019, 05:03 PM   #13
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Planet X. Where we will all have to move because the oozing mass of gaffes produced by the both of them, and the resultant punditary commentary will overrun this planet.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 05:05 PM   #14
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Trump will tons more gaffes but will be forgotten by his base within hours.

Any gaffe Biden makes will be remembered and repeated until the end of days by the GOP.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 05:06 PM   #15
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

This looks to be another quality ISF thread, on which the cream of ISF posters will treat us to a veritable feast of wit and wisdom.
Old 15th August 2019, 05:07 PM   #16
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
This looks to be another quality ISF thread, on which the cream of ISF posters will treat us to a veritable feast of wit and wisdom.
What? You expected the Spanish Inquisition?
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 05:22 PM   #17
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Biden, easy. Trump means every hateful thing he says. Biden wouldn't.
Difference between being prone to Foot In Mouth disease (which Biden has had for a long time) and being a psychotic habitual liar the way Trump is.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 04:54 AM   #18
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I am fed up with this sort of inaccurate overblown critism of Trump. 30 minutes and he has contradicted his original stance! Please, he often contradicts the stance he took at the start of his sentence before he gets to the end of the sentence!

Please. Half the time he never gets to the end of his sentence before he grafts on the end of a different sentence like a horticulturalist.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 06:29 AM   #19
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Joe Biden's a completely different kind of guy. Completely. Remember when a news photog caught Joe washing his Trans Am one Sunday in the White House driveway?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joe Washes TransAm on Pennsylvania Avenue.jpg (41.1 KB, 8 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 06:36 AM   #20
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I don't see either Trump or Biden committing many giraffes. Biden would want them treated outpatient, and Trump would want them deported. Neither really cares about giraffes, they'd both just use that demographic in the way they think would boost their approval.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics