ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory

Old 26th December 2006, 06:05 PM   #161
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Quote:
I guess when someone is jailed for a drug case we can just throw them in jail because the same thing has been brought up already so why bother?
no, but once the trial is over its silly to clal al the witnesses back up because someone walked intot eh courtrom off the street and missed the trial
Old 26th December 2006, 06:05 PM   #162
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by ConspiRaider View Post
I knew it!

A friggin' crash dummy wandered off the test site and ended up at JREF.

Ever freefall into a wall, RB? What's that like?
That's where I've seen him before! It's Buster from the MythBusters, come to visit us!

Hi, Buster!
Old 26th December 2006, 06:05 PM   #163
RemoveBush
Banned

"Sure I believe you are an engineer. Conrail or Amtrak? Man you blew your cover with the squibs. Im not even going to bother bringing up the many posts and threads for that. Tell me something. lets see you use math right now. Lets take the volume of one floor which will be about 435600 cubic feet. Where did you think the volume of air went during the collapse of each floor? and what would the resultant PSI be of the air as each floor collapsed?"

Hey TOOL, I hate to tell you but air is going to go through the path of the least resistance and one or two windows is not going to cut it..... I will bet money that you had not idea, or clue, that the WTC was a hermetically sealed enviroment and that the air would force it's way through the path of least resistance.

NO WAY would 10 to 20 stories, multiple times, shoot air out before where the collapse was occuring. Your not a very smart engineer are you?
RemoveBush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:06 PM   #164
stateofgrace

Originally Posted by RemoveBush View Post

Yes they do, but not in a SEALED enviroment (like the WTC). They have valves that allow the pressure to be reduced, the WTC was not a "valve" for pressure. The bulding was HERMETICALLY sealed. Therefore, the air would had to of gone through the path of LEAST resistance, which was the shafts. The elevator doors were closed. What blew them and then created a small pin point hole in only a few windows???? If there was that much pressure, a large portion would have blown. PHYSICS escapes you again??? The "air" would not have ended up 20 floors below, it would be in several floors below the collapse where the GREATEST pressure would be.
You are no engineer. You have no idea what you are talking about. High pressure relief valves are exclusive to sealed systems and this is precisely what happened when the windows blew out.

Why would air have gone out of the elevator doors that you even said were closed? Please stop talking in areas you have no idea about. The air would not have ended up 20 floors below. It would have been compressed locally and blown out localised windows.
Quote:
I have no problem with this, but you seem to have a problem understanding that with pressure, it would have blown out more windows rather than just a small pin hole for the air to escape.
You have no problem because you are not an engineer nor have you even studied engineering principles. Once a window was blown out the localised pressure is released and the pressure would drop. It would not blow out more windows, one is enough to relief it.

Quote:
Apparently not for you.
Sure whatever you say.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:06 PM   #165
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

Originally Posted by JimBenArm View Post
Come on, this is 28IQ again, isn't it? Same attitude, same BS, same everything.

Welcome back, Macaroon!
Think you nailed it, sub driver Jim.

And the Choo-Choo Engineer for the Kiddies at the Mall post?
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:09 PM   #166
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Yes they do, but not in a SEALED enviroment (like the WTC). They have valves that allow the pressure to be reduced, the WTC was not a "valve" for pressure. The bulding was HERMETICALLY sealed. Therefore, the air would had to of gone through the path of LEAST resistance, which was the shafts. The elevator doors were closed. What blew them and then created a small pin point hole in only a few windows???? If there was that much pressure, a large portion would have blown. PHYSICS escapes you again??? The "air" would not have ended up 20 floors below, it would be in several floors below the collapse where the GREATEST pressure would be.
Oh bloody hell...

IT WAS AN OFFICE TOWER, NOT A GAWDDAMN SPACESHIP!!!
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:10 PM   #167
apathoid

Originally Posted by RemoveBush
I never said they were not "going very fast"! I said they were not going 500 MPH like we were told by the way citizens were able to track them with little issues.
RemoveBush, are you aware of how they measured the speeds of the aircraft just prior to impact? If yes, what are your specific objections to this method?

Can you prove, with evidence, that the flights were going much slower than their estimated speeds of 470 and 590 mph?
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:12 PM   #168
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ConspiRaider View Post
I knew it!

A friggin' crash dummy wandered off the test site and ended up at JREF.

Ever freefall into a wall, RB? What's that like?

Its Buster from myth busters.

I think we are going to see a re-enactment of the exploding pants episode by him right here in this thread.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:12 PM   #169
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

so youve been to school for a year or two and you know youve seen it all

/DK
Old 26th December 2006, 06:13 PM   #170
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

Originally Posted by JimBenArm View Post
Come on, this is 28IQ again, isn't it? Same attitude, same BS, same everything.

Welcome back, Macaroon!
Yep. Gotta be 28th Kingdom.

Another giveaway: 28th Kingdom always ignored all my previous posts against his nonsense. Notice? Same thing in THIS thread!

This is the guy with the 150 IQ, right? By taking the IQ test 28 times, then adding them up? RB is certainly showing his affinity for "maths" once again...
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:14 PM   #171
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Its Buster from myth busters.

I think we are going to see a re-enactment of the exploding pants episode by him right here in this thread.
Except he's going to wear them on his head this time!
Old 26th December 2006, 06:14 PM   #172
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
The bulding was HERMETICALLY sealed.
Good God.

Christmas

Last edited by LashL; 26th December 2006 at 06:18 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:15 PM   #173
RemoveBush
Banned

"/foreheadsmack

Working with car engines does not make you an engineer.

The words actually refer to quite different things."

Hey MORON!!! I never said I work with "engines".

E-L-E-C-T-R-N-I-C-S!

Morons like you seem to lump EVERYTHING into a tight little package!

I have dealt with Electrometers, and Spectrometers. Sorry son, but you just have not freeking clue what your talking about.
RemoveBush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:16 PM   #174
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

"/foreheadsmack

E-L-E-C-T-R-N-I-C-S!

I have dealt with Electrometers, and Spectrometers. Sorry son, but you just have not freeking clue what your talking about.
and thats even farther from skyscrapers
Old 26th December 2006, 06:16 PM   #175
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

You claimed you are an engineer, you described automotives as a similar field.

My comment stands.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:16 PM   #176
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

"If RB is, in fact, an engineer, he is an embarassment to the profession at this point in the thread."

You think your something???? You too have provided nothing! Yet you want to attack someone for discussing something that YOU have provided ZERO rebuttle on.
I have provided nothing because there seems to be no single point under discussion yet. Please pick one point you wish to debate, and if I feel qualified to debate it, I'd be glad too. I'm sure others here will debate it if I'm not up to the task.

Quote:
I came here to debate the attacks against my email to a government office claiming lies that have no evidence to support. Yet you believe that this is POINTLESS.
Fair enough. You have a specific email to discuss. Regardless, it seems all the points in your email and the rebuttals to it have been discussed here ad infinitum, nearly.

Quote:
What are you an Engineer in, Sanitation?
My career has been in Fire Protection, Pressure Vessels, Occupational Safety, Environmental Management,and Industrial Hygiene.

I know you menat this as a slam, but I hear Sanitation Engineers earn very good money.

Quote:
"It seems pointless to cover all of this ground again."

I guess when someone is jailed for a drug case we can just throw them in jail because the same thing has been brought up already so why bother?
Goodness no! I do however, expect the attorney for the accused to research the law before he appears in court spouting legal theories that have been settled previously in higher court decisions.
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:18 PM   #177
RemoveBush
Banned

"I am now beginning to doubt that you are an engineer."

What ever!

"Hermetically sealed? Jeebus, does it have air locks that people must pass through?"

The stair wells were about the only thing that did not have a damping valve (I believe thats right). Once there was a fire, the valves would close and the building was Hermetically sealed. Please do some damn research!

"Would you like to try again and explain in more detail? I honestly am having a hard time understanding your explainations."

I will try to find the article that discusses this.
Old 26th December 2006, 06:20 PM   #178
RemoveBush
Banned

"so youve been to school for a year or two and you know youve seen it all"

Try 2 years for my first degree and 4 years for my second, not to mention the 10 plus years in the field.

I would say that I have EARNED experience in my industry.

What do you have a GED?
Old 26th December 2006, 06:20 PM   #179
stateofgrace

"/foreheadsmack

E-L-E-C-T-R-N-I-C-S!

Actually its E-L-E-C-T-R-O-N-I-C-S (electronics)
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:21 PM   #180
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Quote:
The stair wells were about the only thing that did not have a damping valve (I believe thats right). Once there was a fire, the valves would close and the building was Hermetically sealed. Please do some damn research!
so if theres a fire anyone not in the stairwells just suffocates?
Old 26th December 2006, 06:22 PM   #181
A W Smith
Philosopher

"Sure I believe you are an engineer. Conrail or Amtrak? Man you blew your cover with the squibs. Im not even going to bother bringing up the many posts and threads for that. Tell me something. lets see you use math right now. Lets take the volume of one floor which will be about 435600 cubic feet. Where did you think the volume of air went during the collapse of each floor? and what would the resultant PSI be of the air as each floor collapsed?"

Hey TOOL, I hate to tell you but air is going to go through the path of the least resistance and one or two windows is not going to cut it..... I will bet money that you had not idea, or clue, that the WTC was a hermetically sealed enviroment and that the air would force it's way through the path of least resistance.

NO WAY would 10 to 20 stories, multiple times, shoot air out before where the collapse was occuring. Your not a very smart engineer are you?

You forgot about the stairwells. Also the mechanical floors where some of the 'squibs' as you CTers like to call them were seen. and the elevators yes lets talk about them. There were only two elevators that went from top to bottom. all the other elevator shafts shared multiple cars which means separate lift machinery for each car. so it is conceivable that this 'path of least resistance" could have exited through a machinery room.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:22 PM   #182
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

The stair wells were about the only thing that did not have a damping valve (I believe thats right). Once there was a fire, the valves would close and the building was Hermetically sealed.
That is untrue.

Quote:
I will try to find the article that discusses this.
Please do. Many here will read it with interest, I'm sure.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:23 PM   #183
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

"/foreheadsmack

E-L-E-C-T-R-N-I-C-S!

Just what is an Electrometer? Do you mean multimeter, voltmeter, ampmeter, wattmeter, power factor meter, meter, or what? And just what readings did it give you to tell you that a plane crash didn't bring down the towers? Or was it your Spectrometer that told you that? Or did it show you the thermite in the cut columns?

Just asking questions!
Old 26th December 2006, 06:24 PM   #184
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Actually its E-L-E-C-T-R-O-N-I-C-S (electronics)
"I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T! I mean S-M-A-R-T!"
Old 26th December 2006, 06:24 PM   #185
RemoveBush
Banned

"Goodness no! I do however, expect the attorney for the accused to research the law before he appears in court spouting legal theories that have been settled previously in higher court decisions."

Apparently not! There has been NO settlement or upper court decision made.

You have the GOVERNMENT saying this is how it is.

You have people in the field disputing it and the government telling them to live with it.

For example: 911 Piliots have analyzed the NTSB data from the Pentagon crash and determined that the plane was to the left and 400 FT above the freeway. NTSB will not address this descrepency.

They also point out that pilots with the training that the "hijackers" were suppose to have COULD NOT have flown those planes in the manner they were flown.

This is not MY OPINION, but experts in the field.
Old 26th December 2006, 06:25 PM   #186
RemoveBush
Banned

"Actually its E-L-E-C-T-R-O-N-I-C-S (electronics)"

Yeah, it's a typo! If thats all you have, then ciao.
Old 26th December 2006, 06:26 PM   #187
TheChadd
Critical Thinker

Quote:
You have people in the field disputing it and the government telling them to live with it.
Who?

Judy Whatsherface? (The Dental Engineer)
The Reptillian overlords guy?
TheChadd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:26 PM   #188
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Quote:
For example: 911 Piliots have analyzed the NTSB data from the Pentagon crash and determined that the plane was to the left and 400 FT above the freeway. NTSB will not address this descrepency.
you mean "pilots" for 911 "truth?" theres a thread on that, suffice to say, their analysis is lacking at best

Quote:
They also point out that pilots with the training that the "hijackers" were suppose to have COULD NOT have flown those planes in the manner they were flown.
who might that be? his trainer said he had no doubts hanjour could have done it
Old 26th December 2006, 06:27 PM   #189
RemoveBush
Banned

"so if theres a fire anyone not in the stairwells just suffocates?"

No, but that is where the fire sprinkler comes into play. You know the one that failed like EVERYTHING on 9/11???

Normally people could have gone to the roof, don't know if that would have helped, but another coincidence that the doors were locked.
Old 26th December 2006, 06:27 PM   #190
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Toodles! Vanna has a lovely parting gift for you! Oh, look, it's an Electrometer!

Don't hurt yourself with it!
Old 26th December 2006, 06:29 PM   #191
apathoid

"/foreheadsmack

E-L-E-C-T-R-N-I-C-S!

I've never heard of any instrument called a Electrometer. I've used multimeters(I own 3 of them), oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, meggers(Megaohm-meters), DITS bus analyzers, and an array of other test equipment, but never an electrometer....

ETA: rats, jimben beat me.

Last edited by apathoid; 26th December 2006 at 06:32 PM.
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:30 PM   #192
A W Smith
Philosopher

"so if theres a fire anyone not in the stairwells just suffocates?"

No, but that is where the fire sprinkler comes into play. You know the one that failed like EVERYTHING on 9/11???

Normally people could have gone to the roof, don't know if that would have helped, but another coincidence that the doors were locked.
did you know that the trade center was not even built with a sprinkler system and had to be retrofitted? In fact the entire system was not even completed on 9/11
Old 26th December 2006, 06:32 PM   #193
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

i dont follow...they were supposed to breathe the water from the sprinklers?

you do know that even if the sprinklers had worked (the pipes were severed when those planes hit the towers) they were never designed to handle fires as large as the ones on 9/11

Quote:
how is it a coincidence that the roof doors were locked? it was standard procedure to keep them locked

BTW the NYPD said they could get anyone off the roof anyway because all the smoke and updrafts from the fires, so its a moot point either way
Old 26th December 2006, 06:32 PM   #194
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by apathoid View Post
I've never heard of any instrument called a Electrometer. I've used multimeters(I own 3 of them), oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, meggers(Megaohm-meters), DITS bus analyzers, and an array of other test equipment, but never an electrometer....
But...but...how do you measure your electros? Surely you need to know how big they are?
Old 26th December 2006, 06:32 PM   #195
Crungy
Critical Thinker

After the fiasco with the smoked stairwells, the WTC stairwells were retrofitted with a fire emergency pressurization system. I believe the term our friend is looking for is "fire dampers". I believe that "damping valve" is an English term.... ....P-Sock is a Brit! DOH!!!

It would really help our P-Doh, if his socks didn't write and express their opinions in such an identical manner.....

Btw, the building wasn't hermitically sealed. Each mechanical floor was banded with outdoor air intake and exhaust/relief air louvers.
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:33 PM   #196
stateofgrace

No I have many more questions for you.

Let’s try a simple one.

What happened on 911? Just a summary, a few sentences, give it a shot. Please include the following.

WTC 1
WTC 2
WTC 7
Flight 77
Flight93
Al Quada.

Ps, I am a fully qualified electrical/mechanical engineer with over 20 years in the field and a BSc to boot, what exactly is an Electrometer?

ETA wow it actually exists and measures radiation. Measure much radiation removebush?

Last edited by stateofgrace; 26th December 2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 26th December 2006, 06:34 PM   #197
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by apathoid View Post

ETA: rats, jimben beat me.
Quote:
In modern parlance, an electrometer is a highly sensitive electronic voltmeter whose input impedance is so high that the current flowing into it can be considered, for practical purposes, to be zero. They are of use in nuclear physics as they are able to amplify the tiny 'photo' currents created by radiation. The most common use for modern electrometers is probably the measurement of radiation with ionization chambers.
im sure that comes up all the time in automotive electronics
Old 26th December 2006, 06:34 PM   #198
TheChadd
Critical Thinker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrometer

Quote:
In modern parlance, an electrometer is a highly sensitive electronic voltmeter whose input impedance is so high that the current flowing into it can be considered, for practical purposes, to be zero. They are of use in nuclear physics as they are able to amplify the tiny 'photo' currents created by radiation. The most common use for modern electrometers is probably the measurement of radiation with ionization chambers.
Didn't he say he's an electrical engineer working on cars or something? What is he using this for?

Arr [Rule 8] beaten to it
TheChadd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:38 PM   #199
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

So to get this thread back on topic: "How loony are the loons?"

I'd say they are pretty loony. Just to take a few samples from one of them:
This RemoveBush character seems to think JDX is an expert flight data analyst.

He also seems to think that windows won't blow out as a result of over pressure; they need high explosives for that.

He says that the core should have stayed upright while the rest of the building collapsed around it.

He thinks the WTC were "modest sized buildings" that could be blown up with about ten tons of secretly placed TNT.

He thinks a lot, this bloke. Shame he is so wrong about everything.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:41 PM   #200
apathoid

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
im sure that comes up all the time in automotive electronics
Teeheehee

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories