ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory

Old 26th December 2006, 06:44 PM   #201
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
im sure that comes up all the time in automotive electronics

so THATS why the 'service engine soon" light on my wifes chrysler sebring keeps coming back on after its been serviced four times now. Its the damn radiation leakage!
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:46 PM   #202
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by Crungy View Post
Btw, the building wasn't hermitically sealed. Each mechanical floor was banded with outdoor air intake and exhaust/relief air louvers.
Not to mention the little matter of huge gaping holes caused by airplanes crashing into the buildings.

(And not to mention the previous discussion that has been had on this forum about the fact that fire dampers (or shutters as some of the CTists call them after having read it on a CT site) were not used in the elevator shafts either.)
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:47 PM   #203
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RemoveBush View Post
"Goodness no! I do however, expect the attorney for the accused to research the law before he appears in court spouting legal theories that have been settled previously in higher court decisions."

Apparently not! There has been NO settlement or upper court decision made.

You have the GOVERNMENT saying this is how it is.

You have people in the field disputing it and the government telling them to live with it.

For example: 911 Piliots have analyzed the NTSB data from the Pentagon crash and determined that the plane was to the left and 400 FT above the freeway. NTSB will not address this descrepency.

They also point out that pilots with the training that the "hijackers" were suppose to have COULD NOT have flown those planes in the manner they were flown.

This is not MY OPINION, but experts in the field.
Why is it pretty much every CTist has ADD. For petes sake, can't you stay on one topic?
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 06:47 PM   #204
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

"Goodness no! I do however, expect the attorney for the accused to research the law before he appears in court spouting legal theories that have been settled previously in higher court decisions."

Apparently not! There has been NO settlement or upper court decision made.

You have the GOVERNMENT saying this is how it is.

You have people in the field disputing it and the government telling them to live with it.

For example: 911 Piliots have analyzed the NTSB data from the Pentagon crash and determined that the plane was to the left and 400 FT above the freeway. NTSB will not address this descrepency.

They also point out that pilots with the training that the "hijackers" were suppose to have COULD NOT have flown those planes in the manner they were flown.

This is not MY OPINION, but experts in the field.
What I was getting at was that just as an attorney researches prescedent, you should research what has been discussed on this very forum before "showing up for court", so to speak.

Just my opinion, but that would save us all a lot of time.
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:07 PM   #205
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Allow me to enlighten some of the people here who have a comprehension problem.

"Kiwiwriter - The fact that these guys prattle about treason trials and executions for ordinary folks who accept the various reports on 9/11 is something that bothers me. These nutters actually have no regard for any other form of human life except themselves and their immediate followers and flunkies. Yet that is precisely what they accuse the government of doing. A lot of this 9/11 conspiracy nonsense are projections of the nutters' own view of the world."

This person can clearly not read!!! The reply was not to "ordinary folks" it was to the US GOVERNMENT! I guess this is what's wrong with our country these days, as someone above posted, our schools are not teaching the basics. He/She cannot clearly read!

"Crazycowbob - I can't help but just shake my head in disbelief when reading rants like these. The lack of education shown is just appalling; I mean, if they wanted to tout a conspiracy theory, they could at least come up with something that couldn't be so easily disproven."

Though this person indicates he/she is a scholar, I seriously doubt that! They fail to acknowledge that PHYSICS is something that cannot be denied. Physics is something that PROVES that the WTC's were brought down by something OTHER than a plane and fires. Here are some very simple questions for you scholar..... 1) What is the Free fall speed of an object dropped from the top of the WTC's? 2) What was the speed at which the buildings fell?? 3) Provide Scientific evidence by experimentation or imperical evidence that the core would have been completly destroyed and that the concrete would have vaporized in mid air like it did.

Since, as you say, it can be "easily disproven" then by all means enlighten us. After all, there are hundreds of HIGH level government officials and Military personnel that believe 9/11 was something other than what we were told. So are all these people "high on crack" as you imply?

I won't hold my breath on a civilized debate, as most of the comments have shown that you simply want to attack and call names of those people who do not follow in lockstep like you do with the official version.

I bet that most of you deniers believe that JFK was killed by a lone gunman??? Despite the fact that ballistics has shown that a bullet will enter the body with a small hole and exit in a larger one. JFK had a small hole in his forehead and the back of his head was blown out. Scientific proof, but you still deny this fact!

Welcome to the forum Removebush.

A couple of comments. I am an Electronic Engineering Technologist, who then gave that up and went on to be a Family Physician. I have not practiced by electronics in over a decade, but I do remember what we were taught and not taught. I know for a fact that the basics we were taught in our first year were near identical to that an engineering student would get, and from that point on it tends to become more refined.

1. Nothing falls at a "speed" or "velocity" as you should well know. Things accelerate as they approach the earth, until and if they reach terminal velocity. Before you mock someone as not being a scholar, you should make sure you are talking in proper scientific or "scholarly" terms yourself.

2. The correct terminology might be "time of free fall" for a given distance.

3. I am not sure how qualified you are to comment on building structure, whether it be statics or dynamics.

4. The NIST team that was responsible for the WTC BUILDING REPORT was full of civil and structural PhD Engineers.

5. Please show me, using your vast knowledge as an engineer where the science is incorrect in the following statement.

"The WTCs were brought down by a combination of (1) Severing of many of the exterior and interior steel columns from plane impact, (2) removal of the majority of the steel structures fireproofing, and (3) Widespread fires intitiated by the airliner jet fuel, then maintained and superheated by the contents of the office buildings that burned as a result. The degree of impact each of the above had on the building collapse initiation, varies between the two towers."

6. Besides grainy video, what prove can you give us that the vast majority of the concrete in the WTCs was "vaporized" or micronized. Do you have a chemical analysis of said microscopic particles to prove they were concrete, and not drywall?

7. I would bet good money that the vast majority of military and govt officials who believe 9/11 was something other than it what it was, think the Controlled Demolition/Missile Hit the Pentagon/Insid Job version is complete Shaite.

8. I could care less about the JFK crap, so I will comment no further.

I'll comment further after you do sir.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:19 PM   #206
Dr. Lao
Critical Thinker

Thank you everyone for this thread, I'm new here, but have been running into CT jackasses all over the internet. Lots of just pig ignorant kooks who have to blame everything on the government (or the Jews).

I'm no engineer, not even the minimum wage engineer that StopBush is, working at the car exhaust testing site, but I do know the methods and madness of the CT's. Its the same at every forum, same ill proposed junk, followed by a logical fallacy, followed by spin, then a heap load of more conspiracies, and its all because some evil cabal (Government, Illuminati, Jews, NWO, Bilderbergers, CFR, etc) is really running the whole world, and we are all just little controled sheep.

Again, no one ever offers up any proof of their conspiracy, rather, they are lazy and want us to disprove them.

Shoddy logic and an ignorant public is a CT's play ground.

Its good to see another one shot down, leaving to back to some kook cave where he will brag about kicking the ass of everyone here!

LOL
Dr. Lao is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:23 PM   #207
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by Dr. Lao View Post
Thank you everyone for this thread, I'm new here, but have been running into CT jackasses all over the internet. Lots of just pig ignorant kooks who have to blame everything on the government (or the Jews).

I'm no engineer, not even the minimum wage engineer that StopBush is, working at the car exhaust testing site, but I do know the methods and madness of the CT's. Its the same at every forum, same ill proposed junk, followed by a logical fallacy, followed by spin, then a heap load of more conspiracies, and its all because some evil cabal (Government, Illuminati, Jews, NWO, Bilderbergers, CFR, etc) is really running the whole world, and we are all just little controled sheep.

Again, no one ever offers up any proof of their conspiracy, rather, they are lazy and want us to disprove them.

Its good to see another one shot down, leaving to back to some kook cave where he will brag about kicking the ass of everyone here!

LOL
You nailed it.

Welcome to the forums, Dr. Lao!
Old 26th December 2006, 07:46 PM   #208
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, welcome Dr. Lao to the Forum. Opinion and Speculation carry little weight in this forum. Facts and science, as well as other forms of concrete evidence tend to hold the most value.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:48 PM   #209
RemoveBush
Banned

"Just what is an Electrometer?"

Sorry I did not respond sooner, but I was eating..... Damn wife won't let me go until she says I can go...

An Electrometer is a meter which measures radiation, a Spectrometer measures light.
RemoveBush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:48 PM   #210
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Yes, welcome Dr. Lao to the Forum. Opinion and Speculation carry little weight in this forum. Facts and science, as well as other forms of concrete evidence tend to hold the most value.

TAM
Don't say "concrete" or we'll get Christophera in here!
Old 26th December 2006, 07:49 PM   #211
stateofgrace

Originally Posted by Dr. Lao View Post

LOL
Welcome to Jref Dr.Lao.

And yes you nailed it.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:55 PM   #212
RemoveBush
Banned

"But...but...how do you measure your electros? Surely you need to know how big they are?"

And YOU expect people to take you seriously???? You have NO CLUE what you are even talking about and making fun of something you know NOTHING about.

"Electrometer A highly sensitive instrument which measures all or some of the following variables: current, charge, voltage, and resistance. There are two classes of electrometers, mechanical and electronic. The mechanical instruments have been largely replaced by electronic types. See also Current measurement; Electrical measurements; Voltage measurement."

http://www.answers.com/topic/electrometer
RemoveBush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 07:57 PM   #213
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

"But...but...how do you measure your electros? Surely you need to know how big they are?"

And YOU expect people to take you seriously???? You have NO CLUE what you are even talking about and making fun of something you know NOTHING about.

"Electrometer A highly sensitive instrument which measures all or some of the following variables: current, charge, voltage, and resistance. There are two classes of electrometers, mechanical and electronic. The mechanical instruments have been largely replaced by electronic types. See also Current measurement; Electrical measurements; Voltage measurement."

that sounds more like its describing a multimeter, and doesnt mention radiation at all

are you sure you didnt just read our posts then google for a quote?
Old 26th December 2006, 08:01 PM   #214
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Yep, that's right! Sure did! Boy, you sure got me!

Not that I'm the one claiming to be an engineer. Just a lowly electrical tech.

So remind me again about how this makes you qualified to "debunk" the real engineers?

Still waiting on that.
Old 26th December 2006, 08:05 PM   #215
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

REMOVEBUSH:

I know it is hard to answer everything when you have so many coming at you, but when you get a chance, please address the points I made in my posting about 10-12 posts above here.

TAM
Old 26th December 2006, 08:07 PM   #216
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post

TAM
Yep. Oh and another type of post that holds value is the smartass post. Since I'm an engineer but not a DEGREED engineer and am in no way a math whiz, I have reluctantly assumed my rightful position as the JREF Smartass Poster.

And welcome to the forum Dr. Lao (chrissakes ANOTHER doctor and there I go being outclassed AGAIN!)
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:09 PM   #217
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

ya, what he said...lol

TAM
Old 26th December 2006, 08:13 PM   #218
stateofgrace

Wow you googled it and actually found an electrometer.

Hey here’s a quickie for you to Google also, or maybe you could answer straight away. Voltage, current and resistance, what exactly is the relationship?

Just asking questions.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:18 PM   #219
Dr. Lao
Critical Thinker

I'm not a Doctor, but I played one in a 1960's bizzare movie.

But, I did stay at a Courtyard by Marriot last month.
Dr. Lao is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:18 PM   #220
apathoid

Originally Posted by RemoveBush

Save it - you got caught. Stateofgrace is an EE, JimBenArm is a electroincs tech and I'm an aviation electrician. None of us have ever heard of, let alone used, a electrometer. The devices that an electronics tech uses 90% of the time or more are multimeters and O-scopes - not electroscopes and spectroscopes(WTF?!?)
How about you come clean and start over.
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:23 PM   #221
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by apathoid View Post
Save it - you got caught. Stateofgrace is an EE, JimBenArm is a electroincs tech and I'm an aviation electrician. None of us have ever heard of, let alone used, a electrometer. The devices that an electronics tech uses 90% of the time or more are multimeters and O-scopes - not electroscopes and spectroscopes(WTF?!?)
How about you come clean and start over.
yeah, we established a while ago that a nuclear physicist would use a electrometer

also, i think a chemist would have the most use for a spectrometer

what an automotive electronics engineer is doing with them i havent the foggiest
Old 26th December 2006, 08:25 PM   #222
RemoveBush
Banned

"T.A.M.", at least you can debate..... Thanks.... Now to answer your questions.

1) Actually, things can and do have "speed" and "velocity", it just matters on the context.
"Just as distance and displacement have distinctly different meanings (despite their similarities), so do speed and velocity. Speed is a scalar quantity which refers to "how fast an object is moving." A fast-moving object has a high speed while a slow-moving object has a low speed. An object with no movement at all has a zero speed.
Velocity is a vector quantity which refers to "the rate at which an object changes its position." Imagine a person moving rapidly - one step forward and one step back - always returning to the original starting position. While this might result in a frenzy of activity, it would result in a zero velocity. Because the person always returns to the original position, the motion would never result in a change in position. Since velocity is defined as the rate at which the position changes, this motion results in zero velocity. If a person in motion wishes to maximize their velocity, then that person must make every effort to maximize the amount that they are displaced from their original position. Every step must go into moving that person further from where he/she started. For certain, the person should never change directions and begin to return to where he/she started from."

2) The discussion can be based in several ways. Speed is correct for one type, velocity might be for another. "time of free fall" is correct when refering to a CD or simliar collapse.

3) I don't claim to be qualified to have all the answer. I do claim to be qualified to the extent that I perfrom mathematical calculations everyday and I rely anylize the data and use that data to come to conclusions. Unlike many of the people commenting here tonight! Many, as I can tell, have no experience or any high level education to have the ability to take data and analyze it. They rely upon "common sense" to form their judgments. Common sense does not always beat out physics.

4) NIST and their team was were largely made up of people who rely upon the government to obtain their income. They were directly told by the Bush admin what they should look for. i.e. that it was caused by the plane and the fire. Not to investigate and rule out all possible/plausible situations. NIST violated their own SOP (standard operating procedure) in that they did not investigate all possible senerios. A scientist/engineer will investigate the issue even if they do not feel that it is viable, just to ensure they can 100% rule it out. NIST states they did not pursue this. Against thier SOP.

5)
"The WTCs were brought down by a combination of (1) Severing of many of the exterior and interior steel columns from plane impact, (2) removal of the majority of the steel structures fireproofing, and (3) Widespread fires intitiated by the airliner jet fuel, then maintained and superheated by the contents of the office buildings that burned as a result. The degree of impact each of the above had on the building collapse initiation, varies between the two towers."

I cannot prove or disprove this, but neither can anyone else. How about providing evidence as to how a pool of molten iron can be formed and flowing within the rubble of all 3 WTC's without an external source to generate the temperatures needed?

6) Grainy video?? How about the fact that FIREFIGHTERS are making statements that the largest piece found was a 1" piece of a phone. "No chairs, desks" etc... Not my words the words of a fireman. You believe that there was piles of debris left from the WTC???? There was nothing left of the buildings, even though both was hit diferently they both fell IDENTICALLY.

7) So now you are mind reader?? I don't know what they believe, and they have not stated it in public except to say that 9/11 is not what we were told.

http://www.patriotsquestion911.com/

So answer me this then...

1) What allowed the other buildings in the area, which received much more damage to remain standing while only WTC1, 2, and 7 fell? WTC 5 was on fire completely for hours and had extreme damage to it, yet it did not collapse. They had to "pull it" latter after the recovery ended.

2) Why was NIST restricted in how it would perform its investigation? Why did it not test for ALL plausible situations per their SOP?

3) Why does the Government still to this day state that only 1 black box was recovered when rescue workers state they helped the FBI recover 3 of the 4 from the WTC? Why deny this when rescue workers state they were found?

4) Why does NIST refuse to address the discrepencies found in the FDR from flight 77 and flight 93?

5) Why has the government refused and faught so hard from ANY investigation into the worst attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor. Why did it take over a year to get Bush to allow them and then only with limited funding to ensure it would fail?

This should be enough for now, let's see how you answer these and then I'll hit you with some harder questions.

Old 26th December 2006, 08:29 PM   #223
RemoveBush
Banned

" are you sure you didnt just read our posts then google for a quote?"

I provided a DEFENTION for you to grasp, and you still find a way to twist and spin things.

It measures radiation...... Whether it is Voltage, Current, etc. etc. It is not a multimeter. A multimeter needs to be connected to something. This can measure the "radiation" of something. It is so sensitive that if you wave your hand over it, it will pick it up and show a reading.

My god, no wonder you guys can't comprehend basic physics.
Old 26th December 2006, 08:31 PM   #224
RemoveBush
Banned

"Just asking questions."

Go ask a 1st year college student.... I'm not going to play your little game....

They are all relational to one another, and this is all I need to state about that!
Old 26th December 2006, 08:31 PM   #225
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Wow you googled it and actually found an electrometer.

Hey here’s a quickie for you to Google also, or maybe you could answer straight away. Voltage, current and resistance, what exactly is the relationship?

Just asking questions.
Well, voltage, that's like what was on the fences at Jurassic Park, right? Or was the voltage inside the park and the fences were just to keep you away from it so you couldn't pet it and get the shock of a lifetime or something? Anyway one of those two, doesn't really matter. Voltage is just - well - VOLTAGE!

Now the Current is like how much is the voltage right NOW, see what I'm saying? Because voltage is only accurate right when you measure it, like currently. As soon as you kick back, take a drag on the smokerino and measure again it could be All Different. So it's always important to know the Current Voltage remember that.

Resistance is what we CTs are all about man! Sheez! The Gov says the Voltage is one thing and we RESIST! They say the Current Voltage is no lie it's real as of Now, and we RESIST! They say we are exactly correct about everything and we RESIST! (um, wait) But we DO resist because they want us to THINK that they think we're right about what we think! I think...

But like those silly formulae like:

P = E * I
P = I (squared) * R
P = E (squared) / R

Just subterfuges, man.
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:33 PM   #226
apathoid

It is not a multimeter. A multimeter needs to be connected to something. This can measure the "radiation" of something. It is so sensitive that if you wave your hand over it, it will pick it up and show a reading.

For the love of Pete. Here is something for you to Google: What is the first rule of holes?
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:35 PM   #227
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

" are you sure you didnt just read our posts then google for a quote?"

I provided a DEFENTION for you to grasp, and you still find a way to twist and spin things.

It measures radiation...... Whether it is Voltage, Current, etc. etc. It is not a multimeter. A multimeter needs to be connected to something. This can measure the "radiation" of something. It is so sensitive that if you wave your hand over it, it will pick it up and show a reading.

speaking of basic physics why is the equivilent of 120 tons of TNT (excess energy at 5 seconds slower than freefall time) not enough to account for the damage at the WTC, but 10 tons of explosives is?
Old 26th December 2006, 08:36 PM   #228
RemoveBush
Banned

"Save it - you got caught. Stateofgrace is an EE, JimBenArm is a electroincs tech and I'm an aviation electrician. None of us have ever heard of, let alone used, a electrometer. The devices that an electronics tech uses 90% of the time or more are multimeters and O-scopes - not electroscopes and spectroscopes(WTF?!?)
How about you come clean and start over."

Hey IDIOT! I never said I used one I said " I have dealt with Electrometers, and Spectrometers."

They are used in many areas, just not TECH benches like you are describing. My god, where do you people come from???? Are you really this ignorant or are you just trying to waste time.

If you have a Tech bench and you are having issues with your measurements, you will hire someone to come in and analyze your electrical bench and your electrical outlets. One of the instruments they will more than likely bring with them is an electrometer.

Here is one that I have worked on in the past!

http://www.varianinc.com/cgi-bin/nav?ecat/sci/391824490
Old 26th December 2006, 08:38 PM   #229
stateofgrace

"Just asking questions."

Go ask a 1st year college student.... I'm not going to play your little game....

They are all relational to one another, and this is all I need to state about that!
No they are not, you as a professional electronics engineer should know this.

Now, Voltage, current and resistance ,which law governors them?

Any electronic engineer knows this, even a 1st year collage student.
Old 26th December 2006, 08:40 PM   #230
RemoveBush
Banned

"For the love of Pete. Here is something for you to Google: What is the first rule of holes?"

Now your obviously a person who performs his calculations based on the "conventional" way rather then the "electron flow" way.

Holes are what "conventional" discussions refer to when they are talking about current flow, the absense of an electron is a hole.
Old 26th December 2006, 08:41 PM   #231
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Here is one that I have worked on in the past!

http://www.varianinc.com/cgi-bin/nav?ecat/sci/391824490
so what applications does a gas chromograph have that an electronics engineer might utilize?
Old 26th December 2006, 08:42 PM   #232
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

"For the love of Pete. Here is something for you to Google: What is the first rule of holes?"

Now your obviously a person who performs his calculations based on the "conventional" way rather then the "electron flow" way.

Holes are what "conventional" discussions refer to when they are talking about current flow, the absense of an electron is a hole.
actually the answer is "when youre in one, STOP DIGGING!"
Old 26th December 2006, 08:43 PM   #233
RemoveBush
Banned

"speaking of basic physics why is the equivilent of 120 tons of TNT (excess energy at 5 seconds slower than freefall time) not enough to account for the damage at the WTC, but 10 tons of explosives is?"

First, I was not giving an ABSOLUTE to the 10 tons statement!

Second, the explosives will provide less resistance hence more ENERGY since the building can fall without as much resistance.

Therefore, the energy is more by reducing the resistance the building has and increases it's potential energy.
Old 26th December 2006, 08:44 PM   #234
RemoveBush
Banned

"No they are not, you as a professional electronics engineer should know this."

Actually they are.....

If you increase resistance, you decrease current.

If you increase voltage, you increase current.

RELATIONAL!
Old 26th December 2006, 08:48 PM   #235
apathoid

Hey IDIOT! I never said I used one I said " I have dealt with Electrometers, and Spectrometers."

Quote:
They are used in many areas, just not TECH benches like you are describing. My god, where do you people come from???? Are you really this ignorant or are you just trying to waste time.
Okay then, when would I need to use an electroscope? Why would I use one over Volt-Ohmmeter?
Quote:
If you have a Tech bench and you are having issues with your measurements, you will hire someone to come in and analyze your electrical bench and your electrical outlets. One of the instruments they will more than likely bring with them is an electrometer.
Negative. My bench has 3 lambda power supplies(28VDC,115AC and 5 VDC), an O scope, a Simpson 260 VOM, a Fluke 87 and if i have "trouble with my measurments" I send the trouble unit to cal.(No, not California). I dont call the nuclear plant and have someone bring down an electroscope to work my outlets..
Old 26th December 2006, 08:48 PM   #236
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

"speaking of basic physics why is the equivilent of 120 tons of TNT (excess energy at 5 seconds slower than freefall time) not enough to account for the damage at the WTC, but 10 tons of explosives is?"

First, I was not giving an ABSOLUTE to the 10 tons statement!

Second, the explosives will provide less resistance hence more ENERGY since the building can fall without as much resistance.

Therefore, the energy is more by reducing the resistance the building has and increases it's potential energy.
you claimed a "hell of a lot more" energy was required to pulverize the buildings than that which gravity provided, gravity provided the eqivilient of 120 tons or more of TNT, this is absolute since its based on how fast the buildings fells (this calculation assume 14.2 seconds, average between your 12 and 16 second estimates) any additional energy must have been provided by explosives

oh, BTW, im gonna let other rip into you for the "increases its potential energy" part, lol

130 tons is not a "hell of a lot more" than 120 tons as far as im concerned (thast why i asked you to quantify "hell of a lot" but you never did)
Old 26th December 2006, 08:49 PM   #237
RemoveBush
Banned

"so what applications does a gas chromograph have that an electronics engineer might utilize?"

I never said I used one, YOU are the one taking a statement and twisting it to fit your needs....

Just what you claim the CTers do. I told you I work in Electronics. I can encounter different equipment at different times, but you have this very NARROW thought capability.

Just like when a truther shows a quote from a police or fireman, you people will say they "meant" this rather than what they said.

Why don't you stop trying to twist things??? I have dealt with Electrometers and Spectrometers, that does not necessarily meant that they sat on my bench. It could also meant that I designed tests for them, after all I am a Engineer.

MORON!
Old 26th December 2006, 08:51 PM   #238
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Somebody needs to wave his brain over his electrometer to test for activity.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2006, 08:52 PM   #239
apathoid

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
actually the answer is "when youre in one, STOP DIGGING!"
.....coz if you dont, you might fall into a hole in the space-time continuum and end up on Planet X.
Old 26th December 2006, 08:52 PM   #240
RemoveBush
Banned

"Okay then, when would I need to use an electroscope? Why would I use one over Volt-Ohmmeter?"

First, I have not clue wath an electroscope is so I can't even begin to tell you because this is something YOU just made up.

Second, if your refering to an electrometer then you would use it for investigating small changes in energy which a voltmeter is incapable of measuring. Usually in the pAmps or fAmps.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories