IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , mental illness issues , psychiatry incidents , psychiatry issues , Trump controversies

Old 13th January 2023, 03:03 PM   #2281
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Trump was on right-wing radio Mark Levin's show yesterday ranting like a lunatic about Jack Smith, the special counsel assigned to investigate him:

Note Trump's repeated reference to himself in the third person.

On Truth Social, he ranted again yesterday at 5:08 AM:

This 'Trump positive person" is reportedly Hashim Thuci, the former Kosovo president who was indicted for war crimes in the Hague in 2020 as is being held there in detention. The charges include murder, enforced disappearance of persons, persecution, and torture.

He followed up with this at 5:48 AM:

I especially like the highlighted part for its irony.
What's with this "Page 1", "Page 2", etc.? Is he writing a book? Does he intend to have more "pages"?

Also, and once again, this does not look to be Trump's writing style. While it is full of his unhinged rage, it is extensive and grammatically (mostly) correct text. That suggests a level of text editing that is WAY beyond his patience. Even has complex sentences with linked thoughts. So this is not Trump doing the typing.

Putting these two points together, I suspect he has been dictating his unhinged nonsense to someone, who wrote it on a dictation pad. Then those pages have been numbered, transcribed and edited by someone, and put into "truths" complete with the page numbers.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2023, 03:57 PM   #2282
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
What's with this "Page 1", "Page 2", etc.? Is he writing a book? Does he intend to have more "pages"?

Also, and once again, this does not look to be Trump's writing style. While it is full of his unhinged rage, it is extensive and grammatically (mostly) correct text. That suggests a level of text editing that is WAY beyond his patience. Even has complex sentences with linked thoughts. So this is not Trump doing the typing.

Putting these two points together, I suspect he has been dictating his unhinged nonsense to someone, who wrote it on a dictation pad. Then those pages have been numbered, transcribed and edited by someone, and put into "truths" complete with the page numbers.
Trump is known to get up very early, usually around 5:30 am so the 5:08 am and 5:45 am times are a clue as to who wrote them.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2023, 04:57 PM   #2283
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I think it sounds exactly like Trump ranting, raving and projecting. Maybe it was edited but I doubt it was written by anyone except Trump.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2023, 07:49 PM   #2284
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is known to get up very early, usually around 5:30 am so the 5:08 am and 5:45 am times are a clue as to who wrote them.
He wakes up everybody else when he gets up. Has always been like that. He's a horrible and demanding boss, apparently.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2023, 07:50 PM   #2285
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I think it sounds exactly like Trump ranting, raving and projecting. Maybe it was edited but I doubt it was written by anyone except Trump.
Dictated, I'd guess.
Old 13th January 2023, 10:20 PM   #2286
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He wakes up everybody else when he gets up. Has always been like that. He's a horrible and demanding boss, apparently.
What evidence do you have of this?

You seem absolutely convinced he is incapable of writing a decent, coherent sentence. I don't agree.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2023, 10:26 PM   #2287
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

You seem absolutely convinced he is incapable of writing a decent, coherent sentence. I don't agree.
Define a "a decent, coherent sentence". 'See Spot run' is a decent, coherent sentence.

I'm in your camp, BTW. I don't think someone ghost-writing Trump would have mimicked Trump that closely. Edit for spelling and grammar yes, wrote no.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2023, 12:49 PM   #2288
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-ego-diversity
Quote:
Trump considered no time of day off limits to call one his closest advisers, Blanche Sprague – who served as a high-powered executive and enforcer until 1990 and described herself as “sort of the meanest one in the company”.

Although ostensibly an executive overseeing construction projects, Sprague, now 67, described her role as often “like a nanny”, dealing with Trump’s direct requests and petty grievances.

“He couldn’t stand to see anything look bad,” Sprague recalled. “He used to call me up at night and say: ‘Did you know that there’s a soda bottle in front of Trump Plaza?’ and I would have to make sure it was picked up right away because he would drive past again to see that it was gone.

“Sometimes it didn’t do much for your ego but at least you got it done.”

Quote:
He can barely be bothered writing more than his signature, most of the time. He is super-cautious about putting things in writing, so he retains plausible deniability. So I suspect he dictates a lot of his stuff, and the coherence is provided by the scribe.

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 15th January 2023 at 02:10 PM.
Old 15th January 2023, 01:48 PM   #2289
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Looks like he wrote it to me.
So jealous! He NEVER writes to me.

It is completely unhinged, poorly typed and was nowhere near logical. Someone may have corrected spelling.
We can’t have everything.
Old 15th January 2023, 01:58 PM   #2290
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Define a "a decent, coherent sentence". 'See Spot run' is a decent, coherent sentence.

FTFY
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2023, 02:33 PM   #2291
mgidm86
Philosopher

I'm in your camp, BTW. I don't think someone ghost-writing Trump would have mimicked Trump that closely. Edit for spelling and grammar yes, wrote no.

If I were writing for him (gag) I would try and make him seem less stupid, not more (maybe they are!!!). Of course I'm somewhat sane.

I'm trying to imagine a group of people having drinks and a joint trying to emulate Trump's style deliberately. "Should we just capitalize everything? Can we invent a Super-Cap? Oooh let's make him say he wet himself too!"

No doubt many of his Tweets etc have been edited. Can you imagine that job? Or being anywhere near all the idiocy that must be constantly flowing around Trump? Amazing stuff.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2023, 06:06 PM   #2292
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

So an employee from over 30 years ago complaining about him calling her at night is evidence of him making aides write his tweets for him at 4:00 in the morning? Sorry, not convincing.

He can barely be bothered writing more than his signature, most of the time. He is super-cautious about putting things in writing, so he retains plausible deniability. So I suspect he dictates a lot of his stuff, and the coherence is provided by the scribe.
The contents of his pre-dawn tweets don't support he is "super-cautious" about what he says in them. I do think he dictates a lot but not at 3 or 4 in the morning.
Old 15th January 2023, 10:20 PM   #2293
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

So an employee from over 30 years ago complaining about him calling her at night is evidence of him making aides write his tweets for him at 4:00 in the morning? Sorry, not convincing.
Don't be silly. I'm not going to list each and every time he was known to have bullied his staff. Nor am I going to research any more that MAY have happened that nobody knows yet. Trump is not alone in being a bullying, demanding, psychopathic boss, getting staff to do all sorts of menial and even demeaning tasks for him at whatever hour his bladder and bowels wake him. Taking dictation is hardly a stretch.

Quote:
The contents of his pre-dawn tweets don't support he is "super-cautious" about what he says in them. I do think he dictates a lot but not at 3 or 4 in the morning.
You are right in that he is not super-cautious about the content of his messages. But I said he is super-cautious that he does not write or type them himself. You know he even took to flushing or even eating documents (WTAF!) If he dictates these masterpieces of ****-stained fascist insanity as a matter of course, he can always point any blame for the fallout on the minion who did type it. It's his usual "coffee-fetcher did it" MO for blame-shifting.
Old 15th January 2023, 10:47 PM   #2294
Susheel
Illuminator

I think it is a mix of both...he probably can post on his own and does, but also has an aid who might polish up his rants and then post it. He might also just give an order to an underling to draft some foam flecked rant he has and then post it. All these need not be mutually exclusive.
Old 16th January 2023, 03:29 AM   #2295
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Don't be silly. I'm not going to list each and every time he was known to have bullied his staff. Nor am I going to research any more that MAY have happened that nobody knows yet. Trump is not alone in being a bullying, demanding, psychopathic boss, getting staff to do all sorts of menial and even demeaning tasks for him at whatever hour his bladder and bowels wake him. Taking dictation is hardly a stretch.

You are right in that he is not super-cautious about the content of his messages. But I said he is super-cautious that he does not write or type them himself. You know he even took to flushing or even eating documents (WTAF!) If he dictates these masterpieces of ****-stained fascist insanity as a matter of course, he can always point any blame for the fallout on the minion who did type it. It's his usual "coffee-fetcher did it" MO for blame-shifting.
The topic wasn't about bullying his staff. Hell, he bullies everyone including his children. I never said he never dictated things either, just not his pre-dawn tweets.

But, okay.
Old 16th January 2023, 03:32 AM   #2296
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
I think it is a mix of both...he probably can post on his own and does, but also has an aid who might polish up his rants and then post it. He might also just give an order to an underling to draft some foam flecked rant he has and then post it. All these need not be mutually exclusive.
I totally agree. Which is why I said earlier in post #2292 that "I do think he dictates a lot but not at 3 or 4 in the morning."
Old 16th January 2023, 05:02 AM   #2297
dann
Penultimate Amazing

The USA has dangerous mental illness

... and Donald Trump and other MAGA Republicans are more American and more patriotic than most.

This is not an attempt to derail the thread, but an attempt to look at Trump in the proper context: not as an aberration of everything truly American but as a product and the logical consequence of his environment.

Earlier today I watched The Red Mirage, one of the short videos from The Lincoln Project:
Quote:
The Red Mirage - The propaganda technique Republicans use to prime their base for action when they lose races once every vote is counted
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Tucker Carlson explaining why Democrats are so very unAmerican:
Quote:
The Democratic Party has such contempt for voters and for democracy itself and so much confidence in its ownership of the media and of Big Tech that it no longer that it no longer has to try to win your vote.
(...)
Not only expect them to win, but expect you to accept the outcome no matter how transparently absurd it is.
(...)
If it is fair, Kari Lake is going to win.

Kari Lake:
Quote:
Interviewer: My question is, will you accept the results of your election in November?
Kari Lake: I'm going to win the election, and I will accept that result.
Interviewer: If you lose, will you accept that?
Kari Lake: I'm going to win the election, and I will accept that result.

Now, I'm not saying that this attitude isn't crazy. In most of the world, it would be. But in the context of American society and ideology, it can't be considered abnormal since it adheres to American norms. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted.
Americans pay for seminars with motivational speakers whose main message is: Never accept defeat!
When I google "Never accept defeat", I get "About 1.220.000 results (0,36 seconds)."

Isn't it time to accept not only that Donald Trump (and along with him all his MAGA minions) may have a dangerous mental illness, but also that his dangerous mental illness is what makes him a true American patriot, a staunch defender of what constitutes the very essence of his country?

How can Americans with any self-respect be expected to accept that somebody else defeated them? How can Trump?! It's not in their nature ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 16th January 2023 at 06:24 AM.
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2023, 02:31 PM   #2298
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

This was probably posted before, but I don't feel like searching the thread. Even so, it bears repeating:

Quote:
“Woodward and Costa write [in Peril] that [Joint Chief Chairman Mark] Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, ‘was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.’

“Milley worried that Trump could ‘go rogue,’ the authors write.

“‘You never know what a president’s trigger point is,’ Milley told his senior staff,” according to the book.
Quote:
This is not, then, a story about the mental health concerns about a former President. Rather it is about the mental health concerns leading officials have expressed about a man who is, without question, the leader of the Republican Party and the current 2024 front-runner to be the GOP nominee.

Which should concern all of us.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/polit...ley/index.html
Old 16th January 2023, 04:40 PM   #2299
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dann View Post
... and Donald Trump and other MAGA Republicans are more American and more patriotic than most.

This is not an attempt to derail the thread, but an attempt to look at Trump in the proper context: not as an aberration of everything truly American but as a product and the logical consequence of his environment.

Earlier today I watched The Red Mirage, one of the short videos from The Lincoln Project:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Tucker Carlson explaining why Democrats are so very unAmerican:

Kari Lake:

Now, I'm not saying that this attitude isn't crazy. In most of the world, it would be. But in the context of American society and ideology, it can't be considered abnormal since it adheres to American norms. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted.
Americans pay for seminars with motivational speakers whose main message is: Never accept defeat!
When I google "Never accept defeat", I get "About 1.220.000 results (0,36 seconds)."

Isn't it time to accept not only that Donald Trump (and along with him all his MAGA minions) may have a dangerous mental illness, but also that his dangerous mental illness is what makes him a true American patriot, a staunch defender of what constitutes the very essence of his country?

How can Americans with any self-respect be expected to accept that somebody else defeated them? How can Trump?! It's not in their nature ...

Disagree with all of it. You're talking about some ******* Republicans not all Americans.

Seminars? Uh no your view is skewed, by what I do not know.

Last edited by mgidm86; 16th January 2023 at 04:41 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2023, 04:56 PM   #2300
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Disagree with all of it. You're talking about some ******* Republicans not all Americans.

Tony Robbins??
Old 17th January 2023, 01:11 AM   #2301
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I am talking about a U.S. American tendency, and I never claimed that all Americans buy into the ideology. Some Americans are brighter than that.
My view isn't skewed, it captures reality.
Try googling: seminar motivational never accept defeat. Or maybe: "American Dream" "Never accept defeat" Or ask yourself why it triggers you so that I criticize the basic ideology of the USA.

Tony Robbins??

Never heard of him, but if you say so. Or Andrew Tate. Or Frank Mackey. (Yes, I know that Mackey's fiction!)
Old 17th January 2023, 01:22 AM   #2302
Lurch
Master Poster

In a nation where Sandy Hook and Uvalde cannot bring about common sense, then can one wonder that politics there is such a cluster ****? The country that put men on the Moon is being taken over by those who bay at the Moon.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2023, 05:24 AM   #2303
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I am talking about a U.S. American tendency, and I never claimed that all Americans buy into the ideology. Some Americans are brighter than that.
My view isn't skewed, it captures reality.
Try googling: seminar motivational never accept defeat. Or maybe: "American Dream" "Never accept defeat" Or ask yourself why it triggers you so that I criticize the basic ideology of the USA.

Originally Posted by Me
Tony Robbins?
Never heard of him, but if you say so. Or Andrew Tate. Or Frank Mackey. (Yes, I know that Mackey's fiction!)
This money-grubber: https://becomeunshakeable.com/join-t...SAAEgKd5PD_BwE
Old 17th January 2023, 06:15 AM   #2304
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

'Trump positive person'...
Is that a medical diagnosis? As in, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have some bad news: after years of watching Fox News, both of your parents have tested Trump positive".
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2023, 02:25 PM   #2305
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Is that a medical diagnosis? As in, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have some bad news: after years of watching Fox News, both of your parents have tested Trump positive".
Just about! Trump Disorder Syndrome could easily be the new name for a host of mental and personality disorders under one umbrella.
Old 17th January 2023, 05:24 PM   #2306
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump's mental illness is already named: pathologic narcissism with sociopathic tendencies.

Much as it might seem like Santos' bizarre lying matches some of Trump's behavior, Santos has a different mental illness. If he believes the lies he tells that would be delusions of grandeur. I don't see clear evidence he believes his lies. But it is clear he can't help himself.

Pathological lying, definitely. Does it interfere with his life and relationships, definitely. So is it a severe borderline personality or what?

Wiki has a good summary of the issue of pathological lying.

Beyond a summary so one can compare Trump's disorder with Santos' the discussion belongs in the Santos thread.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 17th January 2023 at 05:26 PM.
Old 19th January 2023, 06:24 AM   #2307
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Isn't this how Trump and his children would have enriched themselves if they hadn't been born into the upper classes? Collecting money for charity and being charitable only to yourself?

...snip...
The Trump family did that anyway even though born rich https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50338231

Mod Info quoted post moved to thread on George Santos, or whatever his name actually is
Posted By:jimbob

Last edited by jimbob; 21st January 2023 at 04:00 AM.
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2023, 06:41 AM   #2308
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, obviously. But on a much grander scale. That's the only difference between ordinary grifters and upper-class ones.
Trump and his children wouldn't stoop to grifting one vet and his sick dog for 3,000$. That would be undignified and disgraceful. Why limit yourself to such small amounts when you can grift hundreds of thousands of poor suckers?

Last edited by dann; 19th January 2023 at 06:45 AM.
Old 19th January 2023, 05:56 PM   #2309
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, obviously. But on a much grander scale. That's the only difference between ordinary grifters and upper-class ones.
Trump and his children wouldn't stoop to grifting one vet and his sick dog for 3,000$. That would be undignified and disgraceful. Why limit yourself to such small amounts when you can grift hundreds of thousands of poor suckers?
Or hundred of millions from foreign despots...
Old 21st January 2023, 04:04 AM   #2310
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

I suspect this is wrong.

Many grifters are caught for very small crimes compared to the amounts they have put at risk by getting caught.

It seems more like a feeling that the rules don't apply to them or that they're too clever to ever get caught.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2023, 07:38 AM   #2311
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

... and Donald Trump and other MAGA Republicans are more American and more patriotic than most...
MAGA revealed that Hilary's basket of deplorables is larger than some of us imagined, and more deplorable. Notwithstanding, what a sorry load of self-serving drivel in service of authoritarianism.
Old 22nd January 2023, 09:06 AM   #2312
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I suspect this is wrong.

Many grifters are caught for very small crimes compared to the amounts they have put at risk by getting caught.

It seems more like a feeling that the rules don't apply to them or that they're too clever to ever get caught.

Consider the effort it takes to cheat one unemployed vet out of money for his sick dog.
It's just not worth it for upper-class grifters.
Yes, many grifters are caught for very small crimes, but not many upper-class grifters.
Old 22nd January 2023, 07:02 PM   #2313
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Consider the effort it takes to cheat one unemployed vet out of money for his sick dog.
It's just not worth it for upper-class grifters.
Yes, many grifters are caught for very small crimes, but not many upper-class grifters.
Not when you can grift thousands with your worthless 'University' or get them to send you money to pay your lawyers and court fees for all your lawsuits, etc.
Old 24th January 2023, 04:55 AM   #2314
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Exactly! That's what upper-class grifters can get away with.
Old 24th January 2023, 03:27 PM   #2315
mikegriffith1
Critical Thinker

And what do those Yale "experts" say about Biden's obvious cognitive decline, especially his disturbing memory lapses? Crickets, right? "Nah, nothing to see here."

I don't buy for a minute that Trump has "dangerous mental illness." I do buy that he is a person of low character, a compulsive liar, and (until he married Melania) a womanizer. I think his policies did a great deal of good for our economy and our military, but his personal conduct was abysmal in too many cases. Plus, I find his delay on 1/6 in calling on the rioters to stand down very disturbing and worthy of expulsion from the GOP.
Old 24th January 2023, 04:39 PM   #2316
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1 View Post
And what do those Yale "experts" say about Biden's obvious cognitive decline, especially his disturbing memory lapses?
What disturbing memory lapses? You mean what most 80-year-olds have in the way of slower cognition?

Quote:
Crickets, right? "Nah, nothing to see here."
The Yale experts are talking about Trump's mental illness, not his aging. Trump was mentally ill decades ago.

Quote:
I don't buy for a minute that Trump has "dangerous mental illness."
We are not asking you. The Yale experts in mental illness have had their say in it.

Quote:
I do buy that he is a person of low character, a compulsive liar, and (until he married Melania) a womanizer.
LOL!

Quote:
I think his policies did a great deal of good for our economy...
He coasted on Obama's success for a year or two, then crashed it big time. So yeah..."great deal of good".

Quote:
...and our military, but his personal conduct was abysmal in too many cases. Plus, I find his delay on 1/6 in calling on the rioters to stand down very disturbing and worthy of expulsion from the GOP.
Ah, so you agree they were his to command? Good. That means you agree he led an insurrection against the United States. And the punishment for that is...??

Altogether, what a bunch of whataboutism. Jeez, stick to the topic.
Old 24th January 2023, 06:20 PM   #2317
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"I do buy that he is a person of low character, a compulsive liar, and (until he married Melania) a womanizer."

Melania and Trump were married in 2005:

Quote:
Natasha Stoynoff, a former staff writer at the celebrity magazine, wrote last week that Trump grabbed her, pinned her against a wall and forcibly kissed her in a room at his Mar-a-Lago mansion in Florida in 2005. She was on assignment to write a profile of the billionaire businessman and his then-pregnant wife, who Stoynoff said was upstairs when it happened.
Quote:
Though Stoynoff says she and Trump were alone when he accosted her, the magazine's latest story quotes five friends and former co-workers who say the writer told them about the incident shortly after it happened.
Quote:
In early December 2017, the reporter Juliet Huddy said Trump kissed her on the lips while they were on an elevator in Trump Tower with Trump's security guard in 2005 or 2006.
Quote:
On October 27, 2016, a local Finnish tabloid, Ilta-Sanomat, reported an allegation by Ninni Laaksonen, Miss Finland 2006.[133] Laaksonen appeared with Trump on the Late Show with David Letterman on July 26, 2006.[134] Laaksonen claims that before they went on the air, Trump grabbed her buttocks. As Laaksonen describes the interaction: "He really grabbed my butt. I don't think anybody saw it but I flinched and thought: "What is happening?"[134] Someone later told Laaksonen that Trump liked her because she looked like his wife, Melania, when she was younger.
Quote:
In June 2016, Searles wrote that Trump invited her to his hotel room[in 2013].[140] Yahoo!News published an article in June 2016[18] stating that Searles had made Facebook postings that accused Trump of making unwanted advances. She said he was "continually" groping her buttocks and had asked her to go "to his hotel room"
He's a serial adulterer and womanizer.
Old 24th January 2023, 06:23 PM   #2318
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

And arse hole.
Old 25th January 2023, 12:36 AM   #2319
dann
Penultimate Amazing

"I do buy that he is a person of low character, a compulsive liar, and (until he married Melania) a womanizer."

Melania and Trump were married in 2005:

Don't forget Stephanie Gregory Clifford:
Quote:
She called the alleged sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, when he was already married to Melania Trump, "the worst 90 seconds of my life".
Stormy Daniels talks about Trump and 'the worst 90 seconds of my life' on standup tour (Guardian, May 8, 2019)
I don't think womanizer is the right word for the pussy-grabbing braggart.
As for Biden's alleged "obvious cognitive decline," I can just say: "Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV." (Talk show hosts are having a hoot with Biden's "disturbing memory lapses" and other lapses.)

And as for mikegriffith1's "Crickets, right?" I can just say ...
I AGREE

Last edited by dann; 25th January 2023 at 12:37 AM.
Old 25th January 2023, 02:21 PM   #2320
mgidm86
Philosopher

Don't forget Stephanie Gregory Clifford:

I don't think womanizer is the right word for the pussy-grabbing braggart.
As for Biden's alleged "obvious cognitive decline," I can just say: "Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV." (Talk show hosts are having a hoot with Biden's "disturbing memory lapses" and other lapses.)

And as for mikegriffith1's "Crickets, right?" I can just say ...
I AGREE

Oh gee thanks!!! Play this video so you can hear the sound that made all the people in Cuba go insane! Now I'm having symptoms!

Back atcha!....

I AGREE

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics