IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , JFK assassination , John F. Kennedy , Kennedy conspiracies

Old 22nd May 2022, 10:38 AM   #361
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1 View Post
Given the evidence that has emerged over the last 10 years, I would say that the JFK assassination conspiracy theory is no longer a theory but a verified fact. I would say the say same thing about the RFK assassination. In the case of RFK's death, we have hard audio evidence that more bullets were fired in the pantry than Sirhan's gun could have fired.
Given that there has been no new evidence whatsoever, just rehashing old old, debunked claims by Johnny-Come-Latelies, and diehard JFK-CT burnouts.

Plus, a "verified fact" would include things like:

Physical Evidence
Records and Documents

There are none of these.

And then throwing RFK into the mix indicates a lack of concentration. It is a second incident which took place five years later in a different state, and has nothing to do with this topic. Combining the two plays into the Kennedy Mythos BS.
Old 22nd May 2022, 04:50 PM   #362
bknight
Master Poster

Given the evidence that has emerged over the last 10 years, I would say that the JFK assassination conspiracy theory is no longer a theory but a verified fact. I would say the say same thing about the RFK assassination. In the case of RFK's death, we have hard audio evidence that more bullets were fired in the pantry than Sirhan's gun could have fired.
This post does indicate you lack proper research skills. Nothing new has emerged.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:39 PM   #363
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Can I suggest you read this thread first? It will give you an idea of the depth of evidence and analysis that has gone into determining Oswald's guilt. Blithe assertions of new evidence, without actually presenting that evidence, are never going to work here.

Cosmic Yak on this forum.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2022, 07:45 PM   #364
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
This post does indicate you lack proper research skills. Nothing new has emerged.
Indeed, and in fact the only "new" evidence that has emerged is in the form of declassified documents, and they have served only to cast more doubt on the idea of a conspiracy than there already was.

The JFK assassination is no mystery to those who pay attention to facts and evidence. President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, a pathetic nobody, a man who was no more than average shooter, acting alone, who got off a couple of lucky shots at a sitting-duck target.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 06:34 AM   #365
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Indeed, and in fact the only "new" evidence that has emerged is in the form of declassified documents, and they have served only to cast more doubt on the idea of a conspiracy than there already was.

The JFK assassination is no mystery to those who pay attention to facts and evidence. President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, a pathetic nobody, a man who was no more than average shooter, acting alone, who got off a couple of lucky shots at a sitting-duck target.
I havenít even seen much fake evidence produced in the past 10 years. Time was there was almost an industry that made stuff for buffs to crow over for a year or two until it was shown to be obviously faked. It would produce something like clockwork for ages. But I think that cow has been milked, and nobody is going to make bank with new fake evidence on a 60+ year old assassination.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 06:37 AM   #366
JoeMorgue
Suspended

I am surprised this one still has any legs. I mean after 9/11 and the New World Order and the entire descent of ~40% of the population into a complete post-fact world view the whole Kennedy thing seems almost quaint.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2022, 01:14 AM   #367
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Are we going to get a peek at any of this new evidence, then, or was this yet another post-and-run?

Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2022, 10:31 AM   #368
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Are we going to get a peek at any of this new evidence, then, or was this yet another post-and-run?
Someone was building up their post-count. I doubt we'll see anything as he posted short comments on many threads.
Old 26th May 2022, 02:48 PM   #369
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Someone was building up their post-count. I doubt we'll see anything as he posted short comments on many threads.
He has nearly 400 posts already? Presumably one of the mods found his old account and had them merged
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 08:03 PM   #370
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
He has nearly 400 posts already? Presumably one of the mods found his old account and had them merged
Yup. Heís been here. Not too hard to figure out who he was if you look at his merged posts and se the name in the replies.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2022, 02:37 AM   #371
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
His join date has been wound back to 2012. - he joined as bobtaftfan

Last edited by smartcooky; 27th May 2022 at 02:40 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2022, 10:33 AM   #372
Hans
Philosopher

His join date has been wound back to 2012. - he joined as bobtaftfan
I remember that name - like a bad burrito.

One his first posts:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=373

From 2014
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2022, 05:35 AM   #373
IsThisTheLife
Muse

While the majority of people (particularly if they've actually made some enquiry) don't believe the CIA's lies and its preposterous Oswald whitewash/cover story (and haven't for decades), it's not a matter of holding "fervent beliefs", the feeling has long since become one of resignation and even despondency.

If you people want to see a "true believer", look in the mirror.
Old 25th September 2022, 11:08 AM   #374
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
While the majority of people (particularly if they've actually made some enquiry) don't believe the CIA's lies and its preposterous Oswald whitewash/cover story (and haven't for decades), it's not a matter of holding "fervent beliefs", the feeling has long since become one of resignation and even despondency.

The documents show no lies from the CIA. The documents show the CIA's Mexico City station sent a memo to Langley suggesting they warn the FBI about Oswald, and his visit to the Soviet embassy, and that warning was never passed along.

The only people telling lies about Oswald are conspiracy loons selling books to sad, directionless people. As a reformed JFK-CT nutjob myself, the only thing you have to be despondent about is being suckered into a fantasy world of cover-ups, spies, mobsters, and hitmen. It's okay to be despondent over letting yourself be fooled by conmen.

The great thing about being liberated from the CT world is now that my head is out of my butt, roses smell much better.

Also, the majority of people today don't know know any of the facts about the JFK assassination, and this has been true since the mid-1970s when CTists dominated the landscape. The majority of people can't tell you how their smart phone works, either.
Old 25th September 2022, 01:27 PM   #375
sackett
Philosopher

Resignation? Despondency? Aw heck, nobody feels down about that old story. If all the beliefs about JFK were true,* no one would or could give a flying ****. Hope you don't mind my language.

* An existential impossibility, of course. Not that believers' heads can't contain them all. But there's always plenty of room inside those deserted vaults.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2022, 10:12 PM   #376
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

While the majority of people
Citation needed.

(particularly if they've actually made some enquiry) don't believe the CIA's lies
Citation needed.

and its preposterous Oswald whitewash/cover story
Citation needed.

(and haven't for decades),
Citation needed.

it's not a matter of holding "fervent beliefs", the feeling has long since become one of resignation and even despondency.
Citation needed.

Oh, and where did the quote of "fervent beliefs" come from?
Yeah, citation needed on people holding "fervent beliefs" about the guilt of LHO too.

Old 25th September 2022, 10:23 PM   #377
Axxman300
Philosopher

I love the idea that people looked at the real evidence and decided the government was lying. Few people have read the abridged Warren Commission Report, and fewer still have read the whole thing. They assume that JFK-CT mongers have read the whole thing, and know what they're talking about. But most have not, and tend to quote other CTists who've not read it either. It's a sad game of telephone.

Now most all of the documents are available online:

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk

Many of these memos were not available to the Warren Commission in 1964 for national security reasons surrounding JFK's operations against Castro (Mongoose, JMWAVE, etc). I've read almost fifteen hundred of these records, most are one page updates, and short status briefs, but all paint a picture of the US intelligence and FBI mindset of the Cold War in the early 1960s. We see a CIA spread thin across the globe, with not enough officers to cover Mexico and Central America, and not enough resources compared to their stations in Europe. We see an FBI run by a man who saw Communists everywhere except where the Soviets and Cubans actually had moles.

Against this Cold War backdrop, Lee Oswald got lucky, and hit two of his three shots. Next, he shot a cop, and almost shot a second one during his capture. His background as a Soviet defector made him a sock-puppet for Mark Lane and other CTists. In 59 years, nobody has been able to link him to the CIA, FBI, or Castro. Sure, we've got death-bed confessions from different people claiming he worked for the Mafia's CIA connection, or just the CIA, or just the New Orleans mob. No two death-bed confessions are the same. No consistent primary suspect(s), either. Some claim LBJ, others claim Hunt Oil, or Castro, or the Chicago Mob, or CIA-linked anti-Castro Cubans.

At some point you'd think people would notice that all the JFK-CTs contradict each other. But no.

What hasn't changed? The facts.

And while in 1963, a lone fame-hungry loser with a rifle was so shocking few could believe he acted alone, in 2022 most people would be relieved he was only armed with a bolt-action rifle. In 2022, a lone dork shooting up a school, or a shopping center, or a Waffle House doesn't stay at the top of the news feed longer than three days. Unlike in 1963, it's well known what one person can do with a gun.

If you want to feel bad about something, feel bad about obscuring the truth about Oswald acting alone. By adding other gunmen, you let him off the hook, and allowed Charles Whitman to up the death toll two years later in the same state. By running wild with tales of French hitmen, or mafia pros from Toronto this allowed America to avoid having a serious discussion about guns, and this led the RFK getting shot only to be obscured by his own CT.

Wouldn't a better CT be that the NRA is behind the JFK and RFK CTs instead?
Just asking questions.
Old 2nd October 2022, 05:05 PM   #378
bknight
Master Poster

Yes I see a true believer, one who believes that Oswald was no patsy, just a loner who wanted to be famous. He took those beliefs to the maximum by shooting JFK without any conspiratorial help, yes tha is a true believer.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 03:43 PM   #379
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Wouldn't a better CT be that the NRA is behind the JFK and RFK CTs instead?
Just asking questions.
A-ha! I KNEW you were part of the NWO/Globalist Conspiracy to take our guns away! Alex Jones and Bill Cooper were right!!!!

Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 05:54 PM   #380
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
A-ha! I KNEW you were part of the NWO/Globalist Conspiracy to take our guns away! Alex Jones and Bill Cooper were right!!!!

Or maybe I want to corner the Carcano 6.5 market/
Old 25th October 2022, 01:26 PM   #381
mikegriffith1
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by JTF View Post
Speaking of Oliver Stone, he appears to have gotten a second wind in regards to the JFK Case. In the past 10 months, he has given several interviews where he regurgitates the same debunked nonsense he put forth in both his 1991 film and his subsequent speaking tour. Stone also remains hypersensitive to any critiques of his flawed research and/or conclusions.
Actually, Stone's latest JFK documentary, JFK Revisited, is superb, virtually inerrant, and presents some of the key evidence that researchers have developed, especially in light of ARRB disclosures. It's available on Amazon Prime.

I agree that his 1991 movie JFK was badly flawed. It got many things right, but it also got many things wrong, and some of the wrong things were wild and reckless, such as the claim that Edward Lansdale was the mastermind behind the assassination. Stone was badly deceived by L. Fletcher Prouty, a former military intelligence officer who also happened to be a crackpot and a publicity seeker, and who associated with some shady groups, such as Liberty Lobby and Scientology.
Old 25th October 2022, 03:04 PM   #382
Axxman300
Philosopher

The only things Stone's JFK got right was that Kennedy was indeed shot, the CIA was working with Cuban Exiles to overthrow Castro, Guy Banister helped the CIA, Jim Garrison lost a lot of friends chasing his delusions of conspiracy, and the Mafia has a presence in New Orleans.

Other than that, the movie is JFK-CT fan fiction with a great soundtrack.
Old 25th October 2022, 06:35 PM   #383
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Actually, Stone's latest JFK documentary, JFK Revisited, is superb, virtually inerrant, and presents some of the key evidence that researchers have developed, especially in light of ARRB disclosures. It's available on Amazon Prime..
So Stone now admits that LHO did it alone?
Old 25th October 2022, 07:54 PM   #384
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
So Stone now admits that LHO did it alone?
Nope. I've seen Stone's latest effort (yes, I was willing to take one for the team and risk brain damage watching this piece of inane crap).

It is one of those "its so old, its new" type documentaries (and even calling it a documentary is an insult to the form). It is nothing more than a poorly executed rehash of the BS that conspiratards call "evidence". Nothing new to see here, just the same old, same old.

Don't waste your time!
Old 26th October 2022, 07:35 AM   #385
bknight
Master Poster

Nope. I've seen Stone's latest effort (yes, I was willing to take one for the team and risk brain damage watching this piece of inane crap).

It is one of those "its so old, its new" type documentaries (and even calling it a documentary is an insult to the form). It is nothing more than a poorly executed rehash of the BS that conspiratards call "evidence". Nothing new to see here, just the same old, same old.

Don't waste your time!
Thanks for the hit, I'll pass on this.
Old 26th October 2022, 11:03 AM   #386
mikegriffith1
Critical Thinker

This is a curious thread. The last official federal investigation into the JFK assassination, the one conducted from 1977-1979 by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded that JFK was probably killed by a conspiracy, that more than one gunman fired at Kennedy, that Ruby's shooting of Oswald resembled a typical Mafia silencing action, that Ruby had extensive Mafia ties, that Ruby had help getting into the police HQ basement to shoot Oswald, that Ruby's polygraph suggests he was lying when he denied being part of a conspiracy, that there was credible evidence linking Oswald to militant anti-communists with intelligence connections, that someone was impersonating Oswald in Mexico City, and that the Warren Commission failed to pursue valid leads that pointed to conspiracy.

Then, in the 1990s, the Assassination Records Review Board uncovered massive, indisputable evidence that pointed to conspiracy, such as evidence that the CIA lied to Warren Commission and the HSCA, that the chief autopsy doctor destroyed key evidence, that the witnesses at the autopsy saw the same large right-rear head wound on JFK that most of the Dallas witnesses reported seeing, that the brain that Dr. Finck examined two weeks after the autopsy could not have been JFK's brain, that the mortician who reassembled JFK's skull after the autopsy saw a small wound in his right temple, that the autopsy photos at the National Archives are not the autopsy photos that autopsy photographer James Stringer took and that Navy photo technician Saundra Spencer developed, that FBI Special Agents O'Neill and Sibert insisted that the extant autopsy photos of the back of the head do not show how the head looked at the autopsy, and on and on and on we could go.

If any version of the JFK assassination deserves to be viewed with great skepticism, it is the Warren Commission's mythical lone-gunman theory.
Old 26th October 2022, 12:03 PM   #387
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This is a curious thread. The last official federal investigation into the JFK assassination, the one conducted from 1977-1979 by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded that JFK was probably killed by a conspiracy, that more than one gunman fired at Kennedy, that Ruby's shooting of Oswald resembled a typical Mafia silencing action, that Ruby had extensive Mafia ties, that Ruby had help getting into the police HQ basement to shoot Oswald, that Ruby's polygraph suggests he was lying when he denied being part of a conspiracy..., that there was credible evidence linking Oswald to militant anti-communists with intelligence connections, that someone was impersonating Oswald in Mexico City, and that the Warren Commission failed to pursue valid leads that pointed to conspiracy.
They were wrong

Then, in the 1990s, the Assassination Records Review Board uncovered massive, indisputable evidence that pointed to conspiracy, such as evidence that the CIA lied to Warren Commission and the HSCA, that the chief autopsy doctor destroyed key evidence, that the witnesses at the autopsy saw the same large right-rear head wound on JFK that most of the Dallas witnesses reported seeing, that the brain that Dr. Finck examined two weeks after the autopsy could not have been JFK's brain, that the mortician who reassembled JFK's skull after the autopsy saw a small wound in his right temple, that the autopsy photos at the National Archives are not the autopsy photos that autopsy photographer James Stringer took and that Navy photo technician Saundra Spencer developed, that FBI Special Agents O'Neill and Sibert insisted that the extant autopsy photos of the back of the head do not show how the head looked at the autopsy, and on and on and on we could go.
The sources you are getting this crap from are lying.

If any version of the JFK assassination deserves to be viewed with great skepticism, it is the Warren Commission's mythical lone-gunman theory.
This is the only official investigation that got it right.

JFK was shot by one gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, who acted alone.

Whether there was a conspiracy OUTSIDE of Dealey Plaza may be an open question, but very, very unlikely. However, there was no conspiracy INSIDE Dealey Plaza - there was no second shooter on the grassy knoll, or on another floor of the Texas School Book Depository, or on the roof of the Dal-Tex Building, or on an upper floor of the Dallas County Records Building, or hiding inside a drain below the kerb on the northern side of Elm St, or anywhere else in Dealey Plaza. The "second shooter" claim has been thoroughly, repeatedly, and conclusively debunked over, and over, and over again.

Last edited by smartcooky; 26th October 2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 26th October 2022, 12:20 PM   #388
bknight
Master Poster

This is a curious thread. The last official federal investigation into the JFK assassination, the one conducted from 1977-1979 by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded that JFK was probably killed by a conspiracy, that more than one gunman fired at Kennedy, that Ruby's shooting of Oswald resembled a typical Mafia silencing action, that Ruby had extensive Mafia ties, that Ruby had help getting into the police HQ basement to shoot Oswald, that Ruby's polygraph suggests he was lying when he denied being part of a conspiracy, that there was credible evidence linking Oswald to militant anti-communists with intelligence connections, that someone was impersonating Oswald in Mexico City, and that the Warren Commission failed to pursue valid leads that pointed to conspiracy.

Your moniker should read Noncritical Thinker instead of Critical Thinker. You havenot displayed one original thought just parroting comments by others. Those thoughts, as smartcooky, have identified have been debunked for 60 years.
Old 26th October 2022, 12:28 PM   #389
Allen773
Graduate Poster

I have to hand it to you for getting so much wrong in one post.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2022, 05:42 PM   #390
Axxman300
Philosopher

This is a curious thread. The last official federal investigation into the JFK assassination, the one conducted from 1977-1979 by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded that JFK was probably killed by a conspiracy
And yet they couldn't name a suspect. With all of those witnesses, we're left with a government ghost story at best.

Quote:
that more than one gunman fired at Kennedy
Which was based on a presumed - AUDIO - recording of the shots, which later turned out to be from the Trademart, and was a recording of radio cross-talk. In short, they cobbled findings from an unrelated recording.

And newer acoustic have proven their findings to be painfully wrong.

Quote:
that Ruby's shooting of Oswald resembled a typical Mafia silencing action,
Really? Did Ruby kiss Oswald first? How does Oswald's shooting differ from any other spur-of-the-moment shooting with a handgun?

Quote:
that Ruby had extensive Mafia ties
And by ties this meant he borrowed money from time-to-time, and gave them access to his club...because he borrowed money from time-to-time...and in his line of work one never knows when they might need specialized help.

He was not a made-man. He was not some kind of Mafia insider. He ran a strip club with a full bar. In every big city, if you had this kind of business in 1963 you usually ended up paying protection money.

Quote:
that Ruby had help getting into the police HQ basement to shoot Oswald,
This is a lie. The garage had no gate, no security, and he was frequently at DPD HQ, because he was a gadfly. See, while he had mob connections, he also had Dallas PD connections too. By this logic, Ruby was a secret Dallas police officer.

Ruby walked through a wide open garage entrance. Define "help".

Quote:
that Ruby's polygraph suggests he was lying when he denied being part of a conspiracy,
Polygraphs are inadmissible in a court of law. Also, Ruby was not mentally well.

Quote:
that there was credible evidence linking Oswald to militant anti-communists with intelligence connections,
This is a lie.

Oswald got around. But he also hung out with pro-Castro types. Plus the whole defecting to Russia thing.

Quote:
that someone was impersonating Oswald in Mexico City,
Another lie. The Cubans and Russians confirmed he was in Mexico City. This lie is so old that only stupid people believe it any more.

Quote:
and that the Warren Commission failed to pursue valid leads that pointed to conspiracy.
Based on whose opinion? Mark Lane?

Quote:
Then, in the 1990s, the Assassination Records Review Board uncovered massive, indisputable evidence that pointed to conspiracy,
No, they didn't, and that wasn't their job.

Quote:
such as evidence that the CIA lied to Warren Commission and the HSCA,
*gasp* What? No, really? The CIA lied about ongoing classified operations against Cuba? Shocking.

Guess who told them to...RFK. (things you'd learn if you read hardback history books).

Quote:
that the chief autopsy doctor destroyed key evidence,
No, he just burned his autopsy notes. He burned them because he thought he wouldn't need them because he had ordered 35mm color photographs to be taken of the autopsy - which they were. The KENNEDY FAMILY (Jackie and RFK) had the photos sealed, and access to them restricted. Dr. Humes was then unable to refer back to those photos as he was locked out.

See how the facts seem less sexy than conspiracy?

Quote:
that the witnesses at the autopsy saw the same large right-rear head wound on JFK that most of the Dallas witnesses reported seeing,
This is a huge lie. Let me clue you in: THE ASSASSINATION WAS ON FILM FROM THREE DIFFERENT ANGLES. Only two bullets struck JFK. Both were from behind (as per the HSCA btw).

Quote:
that the brain that Dr. Finck examined two weeks after the autopsy could not have been JFK's brain,
This hilarious for a number of reasons. Mostly because it's a dumb fairytale.

Quote:
that the mortician who reassembled JFK's skull after the autopsy saw a small wound in his right temple,
And yet it wasn't, unless Kennedy had been shot earlier in the day, or maybe at Parkland. I can say this because - again - the assassination is on film.

Quote:
that the autopsy photos at the National Archives are not the autopsy photos that autopsy photographer James Stringer took and that Navy photo technician Saundra Spencer developed, that FBI Special Agents O'Neill and Sibert insisted that the extant autopsy photos of the back of the head do not show how the head looked at the autopsy, and on and on and on we could go.
Here's why this one is pure BS.

If Dr. Hume couldn't access the photographs then Joe Blow FBI agent, and Joe Nobody Navy Corpsman sure as hell never had access to these photos. Humes was able to review the pictures along with other doctors back in the early 1980s, and he said they were the same ones taken during the autopsy.

Another fun fact: While the photos are at the National Archives, their negatives are in the possession of the Kennedy Family lawyers. So the idea that photos are missing is a lie (the National Archives inventories them), and even if one vanishes, the negatives are still around.

I should explain that in 1963, pictures were made by using cameras with film, and that those exposures become negatives which can be used to print more photos.

Quote:
Gosh, please explain in detail, why this is true. I ask because the new documents show that the Warren Commission, the Secret Service, the FBI, and the CIA ALL WANTED OSWALD TO BE PART OF A CONSPIRACY. They couldn't do it.

The HSCA was a fishing expedition lead by people who NEEDED a conspiracy. Robert Blakey, the Chief Counsel for the HSCA was a hardcore CTist who believed the Mafia killed JFK. This colored much of what the committee did in avenues of investigation. There was zero impartiality with the HSCA. The real crime was that the MLK assassination deserved it's own closer look, but unfortunately it was stuck in the back of the HSCA's bus.

Bottom Line: The HSCA concluded Oswald shot JFK twice. They think there was a second gunman based on really bad evidence, but they can't name this gunman, nor can they say who he and Oswald were connected to, if anyone.

In short, just like the January 6th Committee, the HSCA was a worthless publicity stunt.

Last edited by Axxman300; 26th October 2022 at 05:46 PM.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2022, 04:53 AM   #391
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The HCSA actually did answer quite a few conspiracy questions that had cropped up since the Warren Commission, and they answered a lot of questions about the MLK assassination. Had the dictabelt not popped up at the 11th hour and given rushed treatment they would likely have announced they could find no conspiracy evidence for JFK.

Old 27th October 2022, 12:47 PM   #392
sackett
Philosopher

Yo, mikegriffith1! Can you tell me why, after all this time and hot air, anybody should give a good goddamn who shot Kennedy?

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2022, 02:25 PM   #393
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
The HCSA actually did answer quite a few conspiracy questions that had cropped up since the Warren Commission, and they answered a lot of questions about the MLK assassination. Had the dictabelt not popped up at the 11th hour and given rushed treatment they would likely have announced they could find no conspiracy evidence for JFK.
If you look at the National Archives JFK Assassination records release the first thing that stands out is the HSCA pulled CIA records on Cuba going back to the 1950s. This wasn't a pure fact-finding mission, it was a political fishing expedition. I could understand documents from 1959 through 1963, but not the older ones. And it is clear from the distribution stamps that certain parties were more interested in our anti-Castro operations than they were the murder of JFK.

As far as the second gunman nonsense goes, there were over a dozen people within 75 feet of the picket fence. Not one of them, including Abraham Zapruder, saw nor heard gunfire from there. And none of them saw a gunman.

Finally, we are STILL waiting for the rest of the assassination documents.
Old 27th October 2022, 07:51 PM   #394
MicahJava
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
If you consider the HSCA an example of a good murder investigation, then I really hope that every defense attorney's opening statement in every court case includes talking about the HSCA as an example of the government being extremely stupid on things such as this. And this is a PRESIDENT'S murder. I mean, what do you call not even bothering to try gathering every single possible relevant witness and mapping a chain of custody for all of the physical evidence? Or not showing the photographs to the witnesses? Or not asking witnesses basic questions or more outside experts about things like the photos of the skull cavity, the EOP wound or other anatomical arguments? Or not calling for an exhumation at Arlington? Is this the same attention to detail the modern FBI gives to the average "non-urban" or "non-organized-crime-related" missing person's case?

Last edited by MicahJava; 27th October 2022 at 07:54 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2022, 10:53 PM   #395
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
If you consider the HSCA an example of a good murder investigation, then I really hope that every defense attorney's opening statement in every court case includes talking about the HSCA as an example of the government being extremely stupid on things such as this. And this is a PRESIDENT'S murder. I mean, what do you call not even bothering to try gathering every single possible relevant witness and mapping a chain of custody for all of the physical evidence? Or not showing the photographs to the witnesses? Or not asking witnesses basic questions or more outside experts about things like the photos of the skull cavity, the EOP wound or other anatomical arguments? Or not calling for an exhumation at Arlington? Is this the same attention to detail the modern FBI gives to the average "non-urban" or "non-organized-crime-related" missing person's case?
What a pathetic load of horse-cock!
Old 28th October 2022, 11:32 AM   #396
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
If you consider the HSCA an example of a good murder investigation, then I really hope that every defense attorney's opening statement in every court case includes talking about the HSCA as an example of the government being extremely stupid on things such as this.
The HSCA was not a murder investigation, it was an investigation into allegations of conspiracy or conspiracies.

Also, they caught the guy who killed JFK. You might have heard of him.

Quote:
And this is a PRESIDENT'S murder. I mean, what do you call not even bothering to try gathering every single possible relevant witness
That was done in 1963 and 1964.

Quote:
and mapping a chain of custody for all of the physical evidence?
Most of the physical evidence is in either the National Archives or the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas. The chain of evidence is only in question by delusional people.

Quote:
Or not showing the photographs to the witnesses?
That is called, "Leading the Witness", and immediately makes their testimony invalid in every court of law in the US. Thanks for playing.

Quote:
Or not asking witnesses basic questions
All the relevant questions were asked. They didn't need to drag it out because people like you didn't like the answers.

Quote:
or more outside experts about things like the photos of the skull cavity, the EOP wound or other anatomical arguments?
More than they did? You are not looking for the truth, you are looking for validation of your twisted reality.

Quote:
Or not calling for an exhumation at Arlington?
First off, this would have been cruel. And impossible. The Kennedy family would have killed the HSCA in five minutes.

Second, they have the x-rays and the photographs making this ghoulish exercise unnecessary.

Quote:
Is this the same attention to detail the modern FBI gives to the average "non-urban" or "non-organized-crime-related" missing person's case?
What the hell does that even mean?

The FBI and Secret Service used all of the technology available to them in 1963/1964 to investigate the assassination. To say otherwise is a lie. Technology wasn't much more advanced in 1977. And the HSCA was not an FBI-run operation.

You really need to take a civics class and a few history classes at the local junior college before you post here.
Old 28th October 2022, 07:09 PM   #397
bknight
Master Poster

What a pathetic load of horse-cock!
I've seen this reffered to another animal and different stuff.
Old 29th October 2022, 04:09 AM   #398
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

The HSCA was not a murder investigation, it was an investigation into allegations of conspiracy or conspiracies.

Also, they caught the guy who killed JFK. You might have heard of him.

That was done in 1963 and 1964.

Most of the physical evidence is in either the National Archives or the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas. The chain of evidence is only in question by delusional people.

That is called, "Leading the Witness", and immediately makes their testimony invalid in every court of law in the US. Thanks for playing.

All the relevant questions were asked. They didn't need to drag it out because people like you didn't like the answers.

More than they did? You are not looking for the truth, you are looking for validation of your twisted reality.

First off, this would have been cruel. And impossible. The Kennedy family would have killed the HSCA in five minutes.

Second, they have the x-rays and the photographs making this ghoulish exercise unnecessary.

What the hell does that even mean?

The FBI and Secret Service used all of the technology available to them in 1963/1964 to investigate the assassination. To say otherwise is a lie. Technology wasn't much more advanced in 1977. And the HSCA was not an FBI-run operation.

You really need to take a civics class and a few history classes at the local junior college before you post here.
Quite excellent Axxman.

Your post perfectly explains what I meant when I described the post you are relying to as "a pathetic load of horse-cock!"
Old 1st November 2022, 02:59 AM   #399
catsmate
No longer the 1

Actually, Stone's latest JFK documentary, JFK Revisited, is
Packed with generally irrelevant trivia, most of which simply isn't new, lots of factually inaccurate trivia and establishes nothing new.Curiously Stone doesn't cover Ruby at all.
Appeals to the QNuts.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2022, 10:34 AM   #400
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

This is a curious thread. The last official federal investigation into the JFK assassination, the one conducted from 1977-1979 by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded that JFK was probably killed by a conspiracy, that more than one gunman fired at Kennedy,
On what basis did they make this conclusion? Is that still a valid conclusion?

(HINT: a) they based it on the "dictabelt" evidence; in fact, all the way up until that point, they were ready to confirm the WC conclusion. However, the dictabelt evidence was new, and they didn't have an explanation. So they said, we can't explain it, and so it sounds like there was a second shooter. b) not at all. The dictabelt crap is nonsense)

You are mistaken if you think the people in this thread merely accept the government claims unwittingly. No one believes JHO acted alone merely because the Warren Report said he did.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories