ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Martin Pall , radiation

Old 6th April 2019, 12:03 PM   #1
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

What are some good resources debunking Dr. Pall?

So in discussions about cell phone radiation, Martin Pall's name keeps popping up, with claims about how non-ionising radiation causes everything from cancer to autism, and I haven't been able to find any good sources debunking him. Anyone have any good resources they would like to share ?
Old 6th April 2019, 01:40 PM   #2
Georgio
Muse

Sorry, all I can contribute is that I thought it said 'Dr. Phil'
Old 6th April 2019, 03:49 PM   #3
Axxman300
Illuminator

American Cancer Society:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...ar-phones.html

National Cancer Institute:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...nes-fact-sheet
Old 7th April 2019, 07:30 AM   #4
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/non...tic-radiation/
Old 7th April 2019, 08:49 AM   #5
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
While I agree with the findings so far, the long term effects are not completely understood.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2019, 09:31 AM   #6
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Thanks for the links, but I wondered if anyone had something about Pall specifically .
Old 7th April 2019, 10:26 AM   #7
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Thanks for the links, but I wondered if anyone had something about Pall specifically .
Do you watch a youtube channel called 'Sir Sic The Social Inequality Crusader'? The vast majority of his content is debunking exactly that sort of thing (miracle cures, universal bad thing causers etc.) that he finds online so he may well know about him.
Old 7th April 2019, 11:19 AM   #8
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Thanks, I've actually started following a couple sceptics on YouTube, but I didn't know about him .
Old 7th April 2019, 03:06 PM   #9
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Thanks, I've actually started following a couple sceptics on YouTube, but I didn't know about him .
I would say he's your absolute best bet for knowing something about this Pall guy; people like him really are his bread and butter, and he covers some pretty obscure ones as well; hard to believe they're real people at times but they are - we're talking 'living on sunlight' and 'microwaves are the cause of all the world's problems' level stuff

There's also someone called Myles Power, but he tends to debunk quite mainstream quackery whereas Sir Sic seems to very much focus on the obscure ones.
Old 12th April 2019, 02:35 PM   #10
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
Do you watch a youtube channel called 'Sir Sic The Social Inequality Crusader'? The vast majority of his content is debunking exactly that sort of thing (miracle cures, universal bad thing causers etc.) that he finds online so he may well know about him.

Sure?!

Quote:
Sir Sic The Social Inequality Crusader is a popular, far-right YouTube channel. The British host provides social and political commentary on current events in world politics and pop culture. The host is anti-feminist, anti-SJW, anti-BLM, anti-immigration, and anti-LGBT.
Sir Sic The Social Inequality Crusader (everipedia.org)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 02:49 PM   #11
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Sure?!
I looked through his videos, and he really is all about commenting on "woo" now, topic-wise.
Old 14th April 2019, 10:30 PM   #12
gigmaster
Scholar

There is a little research that seems to support at least some of Dr. Palls positions, but it's a long way from being conclusive. It certainly merits more study.
gigmaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 06:14 AM   #13
Gingervytes
Scholar

Cell phone vs the sun
Gingervytes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 07:03 AM   #14
ahhell
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Sure?!
Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
I looked through his videos, and he really is all about commenting on "woo" now, topic-wise.
This makes me quite curious now, that's an interesting journey. Also, the name makes much more sense if he was just a right wing commentator.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal