ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 22nd September 2018, 03:41 PM   #121
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Flatulence often precedes defecation.
It really is interesting that the 13 Democrats on the Mueller probe became 17 without any explanation and that 17 is the number for Q. I do have to wonder whether that change was Trump trying to confirm the QAnon theory to its followers.

This is not, of course, to claim that QAnon is anything but stupid. I'm merely wondering whether Trump is (once again) encouraging useful stupidity.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 08:07 PM   #122
Bubba
Master Poster

Q could disappear leaving no way for anyone to prove or disprove whether or not he was a hoax.

On the other hand, if shown to be a hoax, some followers will deploy a reality-denial construct which says "cover-up" or whatever.

On yet another hand if Q is shown to be valid, will some Q deniers deploy their version of reality-denial, or maybe not ?

Last edited by Bubba; 22nd September 2018 at 08:44 PM.
Bubba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:12 PM   #123
Bubba
Master Poster

Besides, it looks more like political intrigue, rather than conspiracy material
Bubba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:54 AM   #124
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Q could disappear leaving no way for anyone to prove or disprove whether or not he was a hoax.

On the other hand, if shown to be a hoax, some followers will deploy a reality-denial construct which says "cover-up" or whatever.

On yet another hand if Q is shown to be valid, will some Q deniers deploy their version of reality-denial, or maybe not ?
Q is not valid.

ETA: here are the people that probably, in my estimation, invented Q.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-qanon-n900531

Last edited by LSSBB; 23rd September 2018 at 11:57 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 12:12 PM   #125
kellyb
Philosopher

Today (or reported today) a Q post again followed a few seconds later by a matching POTUS tweet.
Q post something like:
Quote:
wefvewfp;jipo lvksb ;klfnn
Coalescense manifests according to the ways of shadows
Power is beheld - why is that?
Ask yourself: why does the insignificant appear significant?
dfhni lohf r;nn
Trump Tweets something like:
Quote:
Best FEMA response to a disaster ever! NC understands #MAGA big league! #Florence
Qanoners:
"WE ARE APPLYING AUTISM TO Q's POST! Look at what we've found!"

"Coalescense manifests according to the ways of shadows" = It's CLOUDS over OCEANS that coalesce through invisible (shadows) wind currents!

"Power is beheld - why is that?
Ask yourself: why does the insignificant appear significant?" =Hurricanes are powerful! The fake news media is saying Trump ignored Florence!
Old 23rd September 2018, 12:26 PM   #126
kellyb
Philosopher

Q is not valid.

I give it 50/50. It's been pretty hotly contested. lol

https://twitter.com/willsommer/statu...59148599869445
Old 23rd September 2018, 12:35 PM   #127
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
One of the cooks supporting the Qanon just met Trump in the Oval Office:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mpression=true

On the other hand, the guy should be the poster boy for CTists everywhere.
Too many cooks spoil the broth ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 02:42 PM   #128
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

Anyone remember that whole John Titor craze a number of years ago ?

That's what this Qanon thing reminds me of. It seems that anyone can get on the internet, post a whole bunch of crap consistently for weeks on end... and ultimately end up with a cult following.

It's times like these that really make me question the so-called "higher intelligence" of the human animal.
Old 23rd September 2018, 04:47 PM   #129
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

The big question is: What do "They" know about "Them"?

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 05:19 PM   #130
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
Anyone remember that whole John Titor craze a number of years ago ?

I remember the Homer Simpson blog episode. "All the muck that's fit to rake". Perhaps somebody copycatted that episode.

Norm

fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 05:26 PM   #131
Bubba
Master Poster

Sounds like a maybe.

Q is not valid.

How did you figure it out?
Old 24th September 2018, 01:52 AM   #132
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Irrelevant troll sinks back into obscurity. Good result. Bye.

Given the well-known propensity of conspiracy theorists to do just this, this seems likely. Not much change there, then.

And here is where we part ways. You are, once again, appearing -deliberately or not- to misunderstand the difference between skeptics and conspiracy theorists.
Skeptics will happily accept new evidence, and incorporate it into their world views- because that's what skepticism is. CT-ists, OTOH, almost never accept new evidence, and rarely re-evaluate their beliefs, because that's pretty much how they became conspiracy theorists in the first place.

Examples of this would be Watergate, Snowdon and Manning. I am not aware of any large-scale skeptic denial of the truth of their revelations. (Apart from, I guess, the Russian use of wikileaks to pursue their own agenda). Contrast that with the howls of "shill!" from the CT camp if anyone questions their position.
Old 24th September 2018, 08:52 AM   #133
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
It's times like these that really make me question the so-called "higher intelligence" of the human animal.
To quote one of my favorite movie lines of all time:
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2018, 12:29 PM   #134
Bubba
Master Poster

A while back Q followers say Q predicted Rosenstein will go. They made references to draining some swamp, whatever that means.

Last edited by Bubba; 24th September 2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 24th September 2018, 12:32 PM   #135
kellyb
Philosopher

A while back Q followers say Q predicted Rosenstein will go. They made references to draining some swamp, whatever that means.
A couple of weeks ago when they were still on Reddit, they were certain Rosenstein was the actual hard core good guy who was about to blow the lid on Hillary being in jail.
Old 24th September 2018, 01:41 PM   #136
Bubba
Master Poster

Draining swamp was a trump promise to remoe corrupt parties from govt.

Q fans say according to Q, this will include Hillary and Obama being indicted, and that there are now over 50,000 sealed documents filed which is roughly 4500% more than typically, nationwide.
4500% increase sounds erroneus.

ETA
In 2009, 26 % of sealed documents were indictments.
That would be 13,000 indictments in the asserted 50,000 sealed documents.
Sounds implausible.

Last edited by Bubba; 24th September 2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 24th September 2018, 01:43 PM   #137
carlitos
"más divertido"

That post is so badly written in every possible way. Spelling, grammar, content, punctuation, formatting, math.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2018, 01:43 PM   #138
Bubba
Master Poster

That could be messy. So it is good to hear that Q is not valid.

ETA
*messy* meaning indicting Hillary and Obama, plus many others would be messy.

Last edited by Bubba; 24th September 2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 24th September 2018, 04:12 PM   #139
Bubba
Master Poster

..and someone debunking the sealed documents/indictments

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qult_Headqu..._40000_sealed/
Old 30th September 2018, 12:40 AM   #140
Bubba
Master Poster

An excerpt from Q re the Generals around Trump, and who he would task today with infiltrating parties such as Antifa and the like.

Quote:
"...During the 1950s and 60s, federal troops and federalized National
Guard forces, accompanied by military intelligence personnel, were
deployed to help integrate Southern schools and to help deal with
civil disorders in Detroit in 1967 and other cities the following year....

The Army's activities were summed up by Senator Sam Ervin:
Allegedly for the purpose of predicting and preventing
civil disturbances which might develop beyond the control of
state and local officials, Army agents were sent throughout
the country to keep surveillance over the way the civilian
population expressed their sentiments about government
policies. In churches, on campuses, in classrooms, in public
meetings, they took notes, tape-recorded, and photographed
people who dissented in thought, word, or deed. This included clergymen, editors, public officials, and anyone who
sympathized with the dissenters..."

....from part of a discussion about what could be going on now, behind the scenes, linking that 4,500% increase (average) in sealed legal documents filed nationwide. Q seems to repeatedly place emphasis on Trump's relationship with the Generals.

Who else would be targeted/investigated by Trump in this way today, and is it legal?
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:48 AM   #141
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

No announcement of massive indictments of "elite pedophiles" in the emergency alert text message, so what's up next on the Qanon conspiracy theory fail-train?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:53 AM   #142
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
No announcement of massive indictments of "elite pedophiles" in the emergency alert text message, so what's up next on the Qanon conspiracy theory fail-train?
Storm's coming.

It's always coming. It's a procrastinating storm.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:39 PM   #143
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Storm's coming.

It's always coming. It's a procrastinating storm.
Stationary front.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 09:49 AM   #144
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Catchy little tune.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

WWG1WGA (dedicated to Q and all of the Anons)

Crazy graphics and crazier comments.

Chesley B. Sullenberger III
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 10:21 AM   #145
The Moog
Thinker

All seems completely rational to me.
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 10:33 AM   #146
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Anyone ever play the Illuminati card game from Steve Jackson games? It was fun and a bit silly.

Now, I fear many people are reading that game like tarot cards and taking them seriously...
Old 4th October 2018, 01:07 PM   #147
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by The Moog View Post

Same here but thanks for posting this. I have to update my old chart.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 01:11 PM   #148
Belz...
Fiend God

https://i.postimg.cc/Sx4XJRnM/serveimage.png
Please tell me that's satire.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 01:18 PM   #149
Bubba
Master Poster

Great posts guys! It gets better and better !

Some of the recent Q talk is about the resignation announcement made by former military man and "veteran investigator" Trey Gowdy.

Items seen in related Q comments include;

- anticipated openings in Justice dept.

- need for qualified investigator should key (among now over 50K) sealed documents be unsealed.

- Gowdy's earlier mentioning good people killed in Arkansas related investigations.

Those interested in learning more about the unfolding events may find this page to be a great 'Who's who' catalog of the players on the field:

https://qmap.pub/players

Last edited by Bubba; 4th October 2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 4th October 2018, 03:20 PM   #150
The Moog
Thinker

Its not satire.
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 03:26 PM   #151
crescent
Master Poster

https://i.postimg.cc/Sx4XJRnM/serveimage.png
This makes me wish I knew a bit of coding. I bet it would not be hard to make a little app that generates such conspiracy theory link charts.

Plug in a subject, the app just searches google and news accounts for names and words associated with that subject, puts them in different sizes and fonts, then draws a variety of sizes and types of arrows to make spurious connections.

Such a randomly generated thing would probably make at least as much sense as that chart.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2018, 04:36 PM   #152
Belz...
Fiend God

Its not satire.
What's the source?

Old 4th October 2018, 05:33 PM   #153
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Its not satire.
City of London - Dragon Worship...
Old 4th October 2018, 05:37 PM   #154
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

These are much more entertaining. Satireness decision left to the observer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw_art.jpg (146.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 'Bob'_fighting_The_Conspiracy.jpg (50.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 4th October 2018, 08:27 PM   #155
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post

Q usually says trust the plan. BTW as far as I know Q has not referred to pedophiles. I think the pedophiles bizness may stem from the Q followers' speculation/conjecture.

I dont know whats next. I see impatient followers clamoring for potus action on the FISA document declassification front, anticipating investigation/indictments thereupon. It seems like a wait and see situation.

I find this Who's who catalog to be helpful:

https://qmap.pub/players

I havent found debunking of the 4500% increase in sealed court documents. Anybody know where to find that?
Old 4th October 2018, 08:32 PM   #156
carlitos
"más divertido"

You have to watch Beyoncé’s last 2 videos spliced together every other frame to see the 4500% thing. Also it’s going to be in some gargoyles in the new mason hall in Dubai.
Old 4th October 2018, 09:11 PM   #157
Bubba
Master Poster

I guess thats a 'no'
Old 5th October 2018, 01:20 AM   #158
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I havent found debunking of the 4500% increase in sealed court documents. Anybody know where to find that?
Try this:

..and someone debunking the sealed documents/indictments

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qult_Headqu..._40000_sealed/
Old 5th October 2018, 03:54 AM   #159
Belz...
Fiend God

These are much more entertaining. Satireness decision left to the observer.
Well, someone took drugs.

Old 5th October 2018, 09:55 AM   #160
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Well, someone took drugs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius

Q strikes me as a J.R. "Bob" Dobbs figure.

Except Q's believers seem to have such a more authentic side to their belief.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories