ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags surveillance

Old 23rd July 2018, 04:16 AM   #121
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rlopez2 View Post
<snip>
When I was younger, I would go to the bar and bitch about my father.

Wasn't healthy, but WAY less effort than this.
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:39 AM   #122
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning rlopez2, this is not your personal stream-of-consciousness thread. As you will have noted when you read the Membership Agreement on joining the site, posts that are off-topic are liable to split off to form new threads (where possible), or sent to AAH if they are not focused enough for a new thread. The topic of Middle East politics, and in particular Israel/Palestinian relations, has its own thread here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=306886 .

Will you all please make more effort to remain on topic.
Posted By:Agatha

Last edited by Agatha; 23rd July 2018 at 08:41 AM.
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:09 AM   #123
The_Animus
Master Poster

RE: Get help, mate. You won't find what you need on this forum.

thank you anyway for letting me know that animals don't have egos and about all those many Koreas. What kind of "help" do you get in order to arrive at such conclusions?
~
RE: Yeah I actually read this whole thread. Fascinating. rlopez2 please seek help

Again, as Snowden revelations showed, it doesn't seem to be easy to see, expose yourself as an idiot, but what puts you in the position of telling people "they need help" and, much more importantly, why exactly do they? I mean, provided your brain can articulate more than short, three-word sentences.
Or maybe, just maybe, it's not everyone else and you really do have a mental illness. Maybe you exhibit the same type of behaviors we have seen from people who have come here over the years with their various conspiracy theories. Maybe that's why everyone who has examined your posts came to the same conclusion and suggested you seek professional help.

Also you might not want to call others idiots when you still can't figure out how to quote posts even after being told multiple times.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 03:08 PM   #124
arayder
Graduate Poster

(I had to remove all links)
I noticed the other day on a comment about books from East Germany's stasi era: "Zersetzen: Strategie einer Diktatur, von Sandra Pingel-Schliemann" (books which have become very popular lately), how police in current day Germany, after happily inviting ehemalige stasi operatives to change arms wholesale to their ranks, have started to use such techniques as Zersetzung (a form of psychologically and biologically harming, torturous gaslighting) and gang-stalking for social "self-policing" and as "social control" mechanisms (in the U.S. there are many snitching and perpetrating gangs with names such as "shared responsibility committees" (SRC), which are part of the wide and thick so-called "total awareness" infrastructure). They are organized and coordinated by the highest levels of the government. Even private store front businesses proudly display their participation in the "nexus" program (a city-wide web of snitches).

This is definitely happening across all "freedom loving" Western countries in a vertically coordinated fashion from socially organized stalkers to big business using not only pets for their Pavlovian/Skinnerian psychological "research", but non-consensually "Americans" (as gringos tend to exclusively call themselves as they talk from their higher grounds) and "unAmerican" earthlings, as well. Why would they torture pets?, for their meat when they have cows, chicken, and all that plastic ***** they blend with it?, or, for their brains/minds? Since dogs are social animals: (bred to suffer: theintercept 20180517 inside-the-barbaric-u-s-industry-of-dog-experimentation/?comments=1#comments)
~
All kinds of "scientific" and "engineering" cultures in all kinds of university and research centers (as during Nazi times, psychologists are the Naziest of them all) are very much part of it and, of course, they are smart enough to clearly see evil to its face in what they are doing:

// __ Google employees finally wake up and realize they’re working for PURE EVIL… AI drone “terminator” project meets internal resistance
~
// __ Former DARPA exec to head shady Facebook project called “Building 8” centered around augmented reality and brain-scanning technology
~
// __ Technocracy At Google: How Personal Data Enables Total Social Engineering
~
// __ Google worshipers applaud their own total enslavement as Google AI unveils near-perfect human voice mimicry tech
~
but they choose to believe the little lie, stupid story the government tells them in order to get the government fundings. As it happened during MK-Ultra times, none of them, not even symbolically, has ever offered any kind of open technical or moral explanation or apology for their participation as part of those "social control", non consensual experimentation and torture programs. Besides, "such things only Vladimir Putin would do".

If I had to explain this to regular, "unencumbered" folks out there I would call it MK-Ultra on steroids. In those times, the government emphasized that "experiments" be conducted non-consensually on "unwitting subjects in their regular social situations" (unsuspecting subjects' own their natural living environments, monitored real time without them having a clue at all or for the most part not knowing what was going on).

The Internet has given USG/GCC (Global Control Conglomerate) their holy grail: a portable TV doubling as the perfect platform for silly protagonism and mind and body bracelet for life. The dependency of "We the people" on all kinds of "smart" devices has given them just what they wanted: zero comma nada privacy and total panoptic control for the proles, while securing layers and layers of obfuscation, secrecy, "legal" corruption and red tape covering their actions to extremes way above and beyond of what the stasi and the KGB could have fancied in their wildest dreams.

Let me share with you some of my personal experiences for you to see how things concretely happen. You just write and post out there a poem:
hsymbolicus wordpress poems (lies ...) and your router gets bricked. You write letters complaining about it to social institutions (none of which pays any attention to it even though (as they tell you): "they know this 'happens'") and you openly talk about it and your telephone and Internet access gets disconnected for 8 months. Then, when you bring ACE Innovative and Verizon to court, even if you bring network logs (you can't possibly have made up) as evidence which they can check from their ends, to which they explicitly admit, as well as confirming based on their own logs that: "yes, the telephone and Internet access I had been paying for was cut off", but the judge dismissed my case because ... " (ready?): "you have no way to prove that the reason why you couldn't get a job is because you didn't have phone and Internet access!" (now that is a KGB style catch 22!). An alarming aspect of that crap is that, for the most part, it has an AI feeling to it.

All of a sudden you start noticing bed bugs in your apartment and you proceed to thoroughly and repeatedly clean it and you put your mattress in a plastic cover, then you start noticing bed bugs in the bed you use at a shelter where you volunteer, you stop sleeping in that bed (start sleeping in random places on the floor of the sanctuary), then you start getting what seems to be scabies infections (even though the virus causing it is anaerobic) and that happens to you -repeatedly-. My doctors wondered and asked me in front of my girlfriend how was I able to get such infections repeatedly and you may, as well; but they don't stop there; as they make you go through such episodes, they make all kinds of people (at times in groups/organized gangs) wherever you go or are, crazily scratch their bodies around in theatrical ways and when you browse your crush (kpop Choi Soo Young) you find on youtube and from any other search engine you use videos, pictures of and links to people with all kinds of skin diseases ...

Comparing USG with the stasi is an odd joke (I know firsthand, I lived in East Germany in those times). The stasi didn't even use computers. They had to manually write down their notes, manage paper files and use paper index cards even smaller than those Hollerith Lochkarten. There were, how many?, three (3)?, thirty-three (33)? cameras all over Ost-Berlin, which locations everybody knew and were neither computerized nor did they have pattern recognition capabilities. In a country of 17 million people, they could maximally monitor 4,000 fixed telephones, many of which were used by more than one person and neither the software nor the computing power and storage capacity to do real-time speech-to-text existed. Now, compare that with their capabilities nowadays to automatically record, store, index and monitor real time all the information consciously generated by yourself (what you say, write, read, ...) and all kinds of information and data you secondarily create (an exact shopping bill) and marginally associate with (GPS) as you conduct your daily life (everyday detailed records of your whereabouts, your medical records, your buying records and preferences, ...) of every single individual in a cross-correlated and zeitgeistable way (they can make all this data go back in time as it relates to just one individual and her/his life and associates and even drive it prospectively into the future) and all of this happens automatically! That ****** was king of right when he said: "nobody is listening to your phone calls": (Obama: 'Nobody Is Listening to Your Phone Calls'), the good politician he his (if there was such a thing as a "good politician" (I mean, notice his faces and those of the people standing by, how they project the right mannerism)). He made fun of a whole nation with a straight face! He did not tell you, that "they don't even need to listen to your phone calls, really"! How 1950's is that?! They are "just" speech-to-texting, recording, and indexing real time all you have ever said on or done with your phone and to whom for good in a cross-correlated way. You would expect for someone who sat his black rear end in law school for 12 years studying "Constitutional Law" in all those fancy universities to have done something about FISA courts and corruption (as he initially promised), but, no, he ended up boasting about drone strikes, especially the double taps aspects of it; joking about "not having expected to have been so good at killing people ..."

Things are getting so out of control that even though I (as 47% of the U.S. population in the past, most contested election ever) didn't even care to vote, mind any of it (to me all that kind of non sense is like practicing voo-doo), I actually found as a quite hopeful event that the people chose Trump as U.S. President. Oh, God! The status quo in the U.S. hates that to no end and they don't seem to be able to ever come to terms with that. Yet, with all his well-known, consistent and openly histrionic and explicitly tactless character, racism, ...: he reverted laws put in place by Obama to give the regular police in the U.S. the right to acquire all kinds of military-grade weaponry (including Direct Energy Weapons), has the balls to fire sacred cows of the so-called "Intelligence Departments", has even renounced to a salary as a social service officer (Great Lord! How corrupt is that!?!), doesn't give a ***** about the media (in fact, he enjoys using and making fun of them), has been the only sitting U.S. President who has questioned in no-ambiguous terms that "good Christian" thing of considering what people do to you "terror" but what you to them "errors" (even if USG, their acolytes and local collaborators have 8x the genocidal ratio of Nazi Germany during WWII and not a single one of their "freedom of the press" media venues touch any of it with a 10 feet pole, in fact, I believed they unemployed O'Reilly for "not handling" well Trump): euronews (in English): Republicans slam Trump for suggesting US as bad as 'killer' Putin
~
When the Catholic Church discovered that Celtic monks were praying in an interpersonal, Hippie way (we Christians used to pray like they do in other Abrahamic religions, Muslims and Jewish people), they quickly realized how to put that to good use and make such "new developments" profitable, so they instituted and made mandatory the Sacrament of Penance in order to know what "'sinners' had in their minds" and make them pay for it.

They don't even need the Sacrament of Penance, nowadays. "We the people" do them the favor of divulging, even classifying for them all our illusions of that thing they used to call privacy. They have such a degree of control over every single individual in society that they have been non consensually selling your predictive information to marketeers
(theintercept 20180413 facebook-advertising-data-artificial-intelligence-ai/?comments=1#comments), which makes you wonder at which point they will be selling your prospective health bill to big pharma and medical companies in a country where only 4% of medical effort in invested in avoiding illnesses while 88% in selling pharmaceutical products and medical services.

Many people, after being harassed and tormented for years (which is also part of their "experimentation"), have done harm to themselves and other under the belief that to be the only way to exercise their self (they think the government is "reading", "has hijacked", is implanting ideas and dreams in their minds, ...)

What is new? Well, yes, USG has a long history of not only having wild dreams about social control but also experimenting on unsuspecting people:
wikipedia Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_Stat es
wikipedia The_Plutonium_Files
~
but USG is past trying to emulate the Catholic Church, they are actually trying to play God with the help of all IT companies and all social institutions (they "legally" bully them into compliance using gag orders, "'National Security' reasons", "mutually beneficial insider discretionary cultures", . . .). The most scary aspect of this all is not even that (as they think of it) this is all "purely technological", "ideologically neutral", "Constitutional", "legal"; ... "it does not relate at all to morality", ... but that "We the people" don't seem to see the dangers of it all with open eyes and clear consciousness, since all we are doing is looking into our cell phones, so, we can't read or comprehend any idea which scope and meaning doesn't fit on its screen size (ach! that Constitution!?!, too much scrolling!). The NSA even makes fun of people and people don't even realize it. They themselves say the issue is not if they can and do collect all that data, but how they use it, when the "smart" kinds of @ssh0l3s they are, they will certainly find profitable uses for all that data in order to justify salaries. People did not react after Snowden revelations. They just rationalized it all as "metadata".

Nowadays, the whole of society is the control group. TIs are the ones getting the freak treatment. How not to become a TI? Pray to their AI Gods! No one knows the answer to that question. Even if you become an indistinguishable penguin within the well-behaved strata of society, they may need those kinds of penguins for "R&D". All we know is that now as then their AI God is "all-powerful" and "all-knowing". As they play their Godly AI chess with all that data they may take notice of you and there is nothing you can do about it. Many people have discovered as they did during Nazi, East German stasi and KGB times, that there isn't such a thing as "good intentions" or just offering "token help" to them. Once you say yes, to them they will own you, ruin your life for good, since you have no way of influencing whatever they understand as "helpful": theintercept 20171010 recordings-capture-brutal-fbi-tactics-to-recruit-potential-informant
~
// __ Ella Free (channel with many interviews to TIs)
~
// __ Dr. Katherine Horton - Stop 007
~
rlopez2

Edited by Agatha:  Edited for rule 10. Please type all curse words out in full and spell them correctly so that the autocensor can see them.
What yew talkin' 'bout, Willis?
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:29 PM   #125
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Also you might not want to call others idiots when you still can't figure out how to quote posts even after being told multiple times.

When I have spoken about what you consider to be your smarts. I have always explained my point. I do find idiotic that someone would tell other people to get "professional help" because "he doesn’t use the 'quote' function" and doesn’t speak in three-word sentences. Some of you were even offended because you had to think about what I had written. As I said this thread might make in the future for excellent Anthropologies, consciousness studies.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:45 PM   #126
Thermal
Philosopher

Oh, it might. Just not for the reasons you surmise.
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:48 PM   #127
Kid Eager
Philosopher

RE: Also you might not want to call others idiots when you still can't figure out how to quote posts even after being told multiple times.

When I have spoken about what you consider to be your smarts. I have always explained my point. I do find idiotic that someone would tell other people to get "professional help" because "he doesn’t use the 'quote' function" and doesn’t speak in three-word sentences. Some of you were even offended because you had to think about what I had written. As I said this thread might make in the future for excellent Anthropologies, consciousness studies.
... but not for the reasons you think.

Great example of how to re-frame "being a dick, because you can" as a virtue, though.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:27 PM   #128
carlitos
"más divertido"

Non-traditional thinkers eschew standard formatting.

ETA - six words FTW!11!!!!
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:52 PM   #129
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Non-traditional thinkers eschew standard formatting.

ETA - six words FTW!11!!!!
Hyphenated... ****in' cheater.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:46 PM   #130
The_Animus
Master Poster

If you think that's what I said or that those were "three-word sentences", then you have serious problems reading and counting.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:49 PM   #131
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
If you think that's what I said or that those were "three-word sentences", then you have serious problems reading and counting.
But verbosity is a virtue, don't you know? Why bother thinking clearly and writing clearly when, with a bit less effort, you can fill pages with lots of words? As already witnessed in this thread, it makes it easier to hide the lies too...

ETA - No three-word sentences were created in the crafting of this post. Such is life. Oops....

Last edited by Kid Eager; 23rd July 2018 at 09:50 PM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2018, 03:40 PM   #132
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

To use a cliché:
Man, I don't know what the OP is smoking, but it must be some strong ****.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by kmortis; 8th August 2018 at 08:52 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2018, 04:00 PM   #133
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
But verbosity is a virtue, don't you know? Why bother thinking clearly and writing clearly when, with a bit less effort, you can fill pages with lots of words? As already witnessed in this thread, it makes it easier to hide the lies too...

ETA - No three-word sentences were created in the crafting of this post. Such is life. Oops....
What three words?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2018, 07:10 PM   #134
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Oh, it might. Just not for the reasons you surmise ...

smart pants, how could you know which reasons? Also, you are the one presuming here about your language skills. I just said: "it might", which, AFAIK (even with my broken English, sloppy language skills I notice), does not in any way semantically imply in which way
~
RE: If you think that's what I said ...

Once again, are you people able to have a topical conversation? I do not engage in protagonistic back-and-forths nor do I care about ad hominem non sense. I was not replying to "you" personally. I am talking to a matter you talked about, some other people may have as well.

Some of you even seem to think I am losing my sleep over your silly reactions, which of course, your are entirely free to believe and of course.

I do also know, expect some of you are part of the sockpuppetry following me around, about which I don't really care much either.
~
rlopez2
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2018, 07:42 PM   #135
Thermal
Philosopher

RE: Oh, it might. Just not for the reasons you surmise ...

smart pants, how could you know which reasons? Also, you are the one presuming here about your language skills. I just said: "it might", which, AFAIK (even with my broken English, sloppy language skills I notice), does not in any way semantically imply in which way
I'm not being a smarty-pants. I'm being a smart-ass. Despite their apparent physical proximity, they mean very different things.
~
Quote:
RE: If you think that's what I said ...

Once again, are you people able to have a topical conversation? I do not engage in protagonistic back-and-forths nor do I care about ad hominem non sense. I was not replying to "you" personally. I am talking to a matter you talked about, some other people may have as well.

Some of you even seem to think I am losing my sleep over your silly reactions, which of course, your are entirely free to believe and of course.
rlopez2, it is important to stay on a specific topic in a discussion forum. Why? One good reason is that if a reader is looking for a specific discussion topic to read or participate in, they can search through the index which is catalogued by topic. Your random topics from all over the place result in an unclassifible thread that would be buried in hundreds of thousands of others, never to be read by a researcher again. We wouldn't want that, would we?

Quote:
I do also know, expect some of you are part of the sockpuppetry following me around, about which I don't really care much either.
~
rlopez2
Sockpuppets following you...check out the join dates below members' names on the posts. Some have been posting here for well over a decade. They have not followed you from anywhere.
Old 26th July 2018, 06:37 AM   #136
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
I have to admit, I am a sockpuppet.

Hellbound is NOT my real name.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2018, 04:27 AM   #137
rlopez2
Thinker

~
RE: I'm not being a smarty-pants. I'm being a ...

Well, you seem to be. At least your posts are not being redacted and no, you didn't use html encoding in order to bypass the profanity scanner, so, being an "arse shaking" enthusiast myself I am quite impressed about your powers! ;-)
~
RE: Sockpuppets following you...check out the join dates below members' names on the posts.

At times talking to "regular" folks out there gets quite amusing when you notice they don't/can't understand you, but then their logic spoils the fun. How is it exactly that join dates/seniority proves or disproves anything?

Do you "simply" mean, I came here so they are not following "me"?
~
RE: They have not followed you from anywhere.

OK, that makes it clearer, but you still don't get it, partially because you don't know what I am talking about.

You should watch this ted talk:

// __ The dark secrets of a surveillance state

https://www.ted.com/talks/hubertus_k...eillance_state
~
with an eye/ear out (you can text search the transcript) for the honest clarification of the East German stasi officer when he was talking about people being sent his way.

So, far I have lived in three police states. Cuba, East Germany and the U.S. German people, as part of their history, make public the snitch to general population ratio, which was higher in the "Demokratik Republik" than during Nazism. In current day Germany, a mark down of 10% of your taxes is even published on the very tax code.

In the U.S. those figures are not known because doing that would be "unAmerican" (you may wonder about what is it: actually the snitching per se? or publishing that ratio? Well, that is why they have made "interpretations" illegal in the U.S.), but I can tell you that they are way higher
Old 27th July 2018, 08:45 AM   #138
rlopez2
Thinker

a mark down of 10% for snitches and perpetrators (gang stalkers and such) is even published on their very tax code (did I already say I love "Deutsche Sachlichkeit"?). Here is Dr. Katherine Horton talking about it:

// __ Gang Stalking Basics (Targeted Individuals) (Stop 007)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FNPW-Plaic&t=12m10s
~
and, hey! Don't let "her schizophrenia" influence your thinking. You can get it as close as it gets from the horse's mouth:

// __ Konz: Das Arbeitsbuch zur Steuererklärung Taschenbuch – 2. November 2016

https://www.amazon.de/Konz-Das-Arbei...dp/342678842X/

Taschenbuch: 928 Seiten
Verlag: Knaur TB (2. November 2016)
Sprache: Deutsch
~
they have made interpretations of laws (that is) illegal in the U.S.

Ilko-Sascha Kowalczuk (an Anthropologist who actually grew up in East Germany) and has dedicated his life to study the stasi archives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi_Records_Agency

// __ A Rare Look at the Archives of the German Secret Police

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/adrian...tasi-archives/
~
is the author of:

// __ Stasi konkret: Überwachung und Repression in der DDR

https://www.amazon.de/Stasi-konkret/dp/3406638384/
~
It is not the way people have been told, made to believe. Yes, the stasi socialized repression an persecution, but, contrary to what you notice in the U.S., there was also the widespread and openly noticeable general contempt of the general public towards them.

In his book Ilko writes about the wide and deep network of snitches and perpetrators. Here are the citations verbatim (and my quick translations):

Page 185:

https://elibrary.chbeck.de/10.17104/...le-mitarbeiter

de: "... schon in den 1950er Jahren gab es einige Merkmale, die sich ähnelten und die sie als Gruppe von der sozialen Vielfalt der Gesellschaft erheblich unterschieden. Fast alle waren in der SED, etwa neunzig Prozent verfügten nur über einen Volksschulabschluss (8 Klassen), fast niemand hatte studiert, fast alle kamen aus Arbeiterelternhäusern"

en: "... as early as the 1950s, there were some characteristics that resembled each other[those individuals] and that distinguished them as a group from the social diversity of society. Almost all were in the SED, about ninety percent had only a primary[middle] school graduation (8 classes), almost no one had studied, almost all came from workers'[working class] homes."
~
in the U.S. they tend to use these kinds of folks as perps, but here is a clear and important difference to the Nazis and the stasi as they (I would say, "favorably" (to call it something)) compare to USG/GCC:
~
de: "Auch in ihrer Vergangenheit ähnelten sie sich stark. Niemand durfte in der Wehrmacht Offizier gewesen sein – wenn herauskam, dass die Fragebögen falsche Angaben enthielten, folgte die Entlassung –, erst recht war niemand in der SS (soweit es bekannt war), auch durfte keiner in den Polizei- oder Geheimdienstapparaten des NS-Staates tätig gewesen sein."

en: "Also in their past, they were very similar. No one was allowed to be an officer in the Wehrmacht[military] - if it came out that the questionnaires contained false information, the dismissal followed -, certainly no one was in the SS (as far as it was known), nor was anyone in the police or intelligence apparatuses of the Nazional Sozialists (the Nazis) active in the state."
~
Now, ****** me finds that truly remarkable for good reasons:

1) the perp ratio (# of perpetrators (snitches, gang stalkers, infra guards, ...) to the general population, which to me is a clear index of how sick a society is and a predictor of societal maladies to come) during the Nazis was lower than in East Germany with the stasi. I can tell in full confidence that the perp ratio in the U.S. is way higher. At least here in NYC every year all home or apartment renters (pretty much everyone) must fill out forms specifying who in the household belongs or belonged to the military in any way. Obviously, that could only mean one thing. They already know where everybody lives anyway (including their prospective perps), that is just a "patriotic" invitation

Ilko talks in this interview about the inner working of the stasi (comparing them to the NSA/USG is an odd joke!)

// __ Allmacht Stasi - ein Mythos? Mit DDR-Bürgerrechtlerin Marianne Birthler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNh7BCpYFXI
~
of course, expectedly, you will not find the automatic translation feature for this talk. He did mention the perp-ratio in East Germany in those times (based on concrete data) and it is laughable if you compare it to current day USA.

2) Nazis and the stasi seem to have been more "sophisticated" when it came to matters relating to socialization of persecution and repression. They used to have internal regulations they enforced.

3) Nazis used to be quite more explicitly open, careless about their repression. They even had well-known "regulations" about how many people they would kill in invaded territories if local opposition would kill one of their own and they would hang them right in front of the local church for everyone to see what they had done. The stasi was "controlling" their own society and fighting internal dissidents during peace times, so they had other kinds of problems to deal with. They were not as flashy as Nazis, but they did work hard at creating a sense of fear, omnipresence in the general population (as part of which they abducted and assassinated well-known foreign individuals), which generally didn't work that well. As it happens in Cuba, most German citizens knew very well about and viscerally disrespected, hated the stasi. In fact, as irrational as it sounds, opposition leaders in East Germany have admitted that it came as a surprise to them when the SED/East German government as a whole crumbled pretty much from within. When they had their Bastille day in East Germany, not only in Berlin, but throughout Germany "We the people" invaded and raided the buildings of the stasi not those of the government and even today people mostly talk about the stasi, not their actual crappy government.

4) the media in the U.S. doesn't go into "comparative Anthropologies". Of course, "we don't compare in any way to any kind of 'unAmerican' **** out there!"
Old 27th July 2018, 11:29 AM   #139
rlopez2
Thinker

In his book Ilko writes about the stasi being able to monitor such a ridiculously low number of phones in a population of 17 million people that it is even hard for me to remember, make sense of what that figure was and even stupid to talk about it. Compare that to what is happening nowadays with people keeping for the government their detail records of all they do as they do it, whom are they around of, whom are they talking to, what those people think of what you said, ... As part of their "operations" (as silly as it sounds) the stasi had to steal, recycle old cassette recorders from the West.

The perp to general population ratio in East Germany was approx. 2% (higher than during Nazi Germany!), but still way lower than current day USA. In East Germany people were not part of a grid being coordinated 24x7 through their cell phones. Most snitches would watch, report about 1 or 2 people and many of them would corrupt their own "work" by telling, befriending their targets.

I would say stasi USA has surpassed them by far on important counts: control, socialization of persecution/repression and „Zersetzungsmassnahmen“. I live in NYC and I can assure you that the thick miasma of snitches and perpetrators I notice is way above and beyond what I ever experienced in Cuba or in East Germany. Also, in Cuba and East Germany police never cared about your studies/work, as stupid as it may sound, they thought of that as some sort of entertainment when it came to controlling people. Something that people repeatedly pointed out to me when I lived in Cuba is that they found really strange that the Cuban government would educate the people and then expect for them to read and write what the government wanted (I had to come live, work as a teacher in the U.S. to fully understand what they meant). I went to school in Germany and the stasi would say totally shred my suitcases, follow me on the streets, let me know they didn't like my question authority jokes, ... but they would not destroy my books or mess with my work. Here in the U.S. police messes with me even if all I am taking about is corpora research, consciousness studies, computer programming or philosophy (what do any of those topics have to do with "terrorism" or any of that ******). At times they even mess with tunes you listen online by corrupting the audio of it as I am listening to it.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:51 AM   #140
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: ... a mark down of 10% of your taxes is even published on the very tax code

Actually, it is not a 10% mark down of your taxes, but you only pay 10% as taxes (a 90% mark down that is)

// __ Gang Stalking Basics (Targeted Individuals) (Stop 007)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FNPW-Plaic&t=12m10s
~
Now, wouldn't you become a snitch, perpetrator? I mean, if you aren't enough of a "patriot" to do it for free
Old 10th August 2018, 12:24 PM   #141
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

RE: I do also know, expect some of you are part of the sockpuppetry following me around, about which I don't really care much either.

What does this mean? Are sockpuppetry following you around? Who are they?

RE: Gang Stalking Basics

Is that what you are doing? It was funny, the video. She was surrounded by "tin foil" (al foil really). Is she doing a parody of paranoid people to see how many people she can fool. Read the comments. She has to be a parody.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 11:22 AM   #142
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Is she doing a parody of paranoid people to see how many people she can fool.

I don't know what you are talking about. Dr. Katherine Horton is not a fake nor is she fooling people. That video has had so far 13,749 views, 311 people have rated it positively and 16 otherwise.

That link/you may have been multiversed Do you how easy it is showing you whatever they want under what seems to be the same link?
Old 11th August 2018, 04:58 PM   #143
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

RE: Is she doing a parody of paranoid people to see how many people she can fool.

I don't know what you are talking about. Dr. Katherine Horton is not a fake nor is she fooling people. That video has had so far 13,749 views, 311 people have rated it positively and 16 otherwise.

That link/you may have been multiversed Do you how easy it is showing you whatever they want under what seems to be the same link?
rlopez2. You really need to see a doctor. What's happening, what you're experiencing is a medical condition that you can be treated for. You don't have to go through life hurting the way you are.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 08:43 PM   #144
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if she knows how to use the quote function.

She appears to be paranoid, and kind of crazy. It does not matter how many people share her paranoia.

Wow, 311 people who think crazy is good for a like. Looks like 16 people are smarter than 311. Guess it is as if the 16 people who know it is nuts are like 5 minute or better mile runners, which means they are in what, the top 1 percent runners on earth. And the 311, are slow. great analogy, slow, get it?

Anyway, if you can explain why she is sitting in a room which appears to be wrapped in foil, then have at it.

Link on, link off.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 11:26 AM   #145
rlopez2
Thinker

even parsing out the ad hominem cr@p and protagonistic bs your "skeptic" reactions may make for great Anthropologies. The smart fellows you believe yourselves as being
Old 12th August 2018, 11:29 AM   #146
rlopez2
Thinker

also, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought that they had taken the time to multiverse you, but, no, people seem to have been brainwashed to such an idiotic extent that USG doesn't even need to do any work on their own
Old 12th August 2018, 03:16 PM   #147
Hans
Philosopher

also, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought that they had taken the time to multiverse you, but, no, people seem to have been brainwashed to such an idiotic extent that USG doesn't even need to do any work on their own
We love you too. Does that mean you're going to take your metaphysical multiverseclaptrap and move to another website where your self considered genius will be better appreciated?

It does - excellent - good luck. Please go with our good wishes and be sure to lock the door behind you.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 03:18 PM   #148
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

... may make for great Anthropologies. The smart fellows you believe yourselves as being
https://www.anthropologie.com/ Are you selling womens clothing, or are you talking about the woman in the video with the foil background.

... people seem to have been brainwashed to such an idiotic extent that USG doesn't even need to do any work on their own
Are there examples of this? Any proof, or just an opinion based on paranoia? Do you own stock in https://www.anthropologie.com/

How does this dovetail with the OP

Last edited by beachnut; 12th August 2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12th August 2018, 03:23 PM   #149
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
I don't but my wife does and its more than doubled in the last year. Moreover they have a closet in the back of their main assembly manufacture facility where people scream at the clothes to make them 'mean' and by that means smarter.
Old 7th October 2018, 07:55 AM   #150
rlopez2
Thinker

// __ Directed Energy Weapons Market to reach $41.97 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 26.4% including key players BAE Systems PLC, Boeing Company, L-3 Communications Holdings

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...ngs-2018-09-28
~
Old 7th October 2018, 12:01 PM   #151
rlopez2
Thinker

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media" (attributed to Former CIA director, William Colby)

Mick West wants to "'see' 'evidence'" (that CIA director Colby actually said so)

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-th...or-media.t158/

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=207647
~
Of course, West and like-minded people don't seem to be able to "see" that such institutions: politicians, police in general and their acolytes, do not exactly live and function in a world primarily bound to factual reality (as scientists, engineers (and most other people?) do). So, to them "evidence" could mean anything from: "my boss told me so", "I saw some movie about it", "I need my salary and this is how I get paid", to simply "thinking otherwise would be 'un-American'" …

The somewhat more essential question that many seem to be forgetting about while dealing with fluff is: is the media in the U.S. actually PR in the way that Orwell defined it?:

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations"
~
IMO Orwell was a bit too cryptic, media-like, by "someone else" he meant: the government, the status quo, the powers that be.

Here is another opinion regarding the relationships between the government and the media by Glenn Greeenwald which makes whatever Colby said totally irrelevant:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...york-times-cia
~
West is not only dealing in paradoxical bluffs:

... "if a liar doesn’t explicitly admit to lying, or if he does, does that make him truthful?" ...

What I see as the most essential question is: "could that possibly work?" and the answer to that question Mick West and apparently a people at large doesn’t seem to be able to "see".
Old 7th October 2018, 01:26 PM   #152
carlitos
"más divertido"

the new normal?, toward a "Psychocivilized" Society?, our "Brave New World"? ...

Never mind didn’t see the quoted quote

Last edited by carlitos; 7th October 2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Deja vu
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2018, 07:03 PM   #153
rlopez2
Thinker

West is not only dealing in paradoxical FLUFF (I meant to say)
Old 15th October 2018, 12:42 PM   #154
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Also, your microwave is part of a network with which They can create an AI clone of you

RE: Actually, things are that crazy that your metaphor is not that far off.

// __ A new way to monitor vital signs (that can see through walls) | Dina Katabi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXy1byguvJY
~
Old 26th October 2018, 01:45 PM   #155
rlopez2
Thinker

// __ My Father Says He’s a ‘Targeted Individual.’ Maybe We All Are

https://www.wired.com/story/my-fathe...be-we-all-are/
~
Old 26th October 2018, 03:46 PM   #156
Kid Eager
Philosopher

// __ My Father Says He’s a ‘Targeted Individual.’ Maybe We All Are

https://www.wired.com/story/my-fathe...be-we-all-are/
~
What did you learn from reading the article?
- symptoms of schizophrenia
- effects of crack cocaine consumption
Old 26th October 2018, 04:03 PM   #157
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
What did you learn from reading the article?
- symptoms of schizophrenia
- effects of crack cocaine consumption
Yeah, from the article:

Quote:
We are being surveilled. We are being controlled and manipulated. We are perhaps being tortured. But it's not the CIA or aliens perpetrating all this. We are doing it to ourselves.

An early sign of schizophrenia is apophenia, the tendency to perceive connections among unrelated external phenomena. It's the product of our innate storytelling impulse, unmoored from healthy inhibitions.
Old 28th October 2018, 02:42 PM   #158
rlopez2
Thinker

https://ipsoscustodes.wordpress.com/...e_are_all_tis/
Old 29th October 2018, 07:18 AM   #159
carlitos
"más divertido"

Perhaps we are all T.I.

Old 25th November 2018, 04:22 PM   #160
rlopez2
Thinker

> Perhaps we are all T.I.

Yes, but more in a Hegelian sense than how Jean Guerrero sees her own dad's case.

// __ Google’s “Smart City of Surveillance” Faces New Resistance in Toronto. Ava Kofman November 13 2018, 12:03 p.m.

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/13/...nts=1#comments
~
// __ Is It Easier to Imagine the End of the World Than the End of the Internet?

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/24/...nts=1#comments
~
// __ The Dangerous Junk Science of Vocal Risk Assessment

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/25/...nts=1#comments
~
// __ Amazon’s Accent Recognition Technology Could Tell the Government Where You’re From

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/15/...nts=1#comments
~

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories