ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:32 PM   #201
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

When is a sound not a sound? When it doesn't make a sound?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 06:12 AM   #202
Whip
Graduate Poster

what?
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 07:17 AM   #203
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
what?
Now you're a police state!

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 07:58 AM   #204
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by rlopez2 View Post
Many times. What makes you think that negritos can't read, understand 1984?
I only think that you don't understand it based on what you've been writing.

"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe." - Lex Luthor

Wanda: But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
Otto: [superior smile] Apes don't read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it!
- A Fish Called Wanda
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 09:53 AM   #205
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: When is a sound not a sound? When it doesn't make a sound?

Learning a bit of Physics will answer that question for you. I don't think that some "international skeptics" kinds of folks who have no clue about what they are talking about, but still manage to be "skeptic" will start an acoustical aether controversy in Physics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether

You could at the very least watch that ted talk video I mentioned, but you choose to be "argumentative", protagonistic.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 10:00 AM   #206
The Moog
Thinker

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
what?
The rubber chicken is the police state.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dog.jpg (55.9 KB, 3 views)
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 11:09 AM   #207
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

No, the police state is the thing you never see. We have fallen into the woo-woo rabbit hole here. Just as a sound is more real for being undetectable by things made to detect sound, a police state is more real the less you can figure out what it is, why it exists, or whom it benefits.

Actually, when I think about it I think I've hit on the answer: the police state is God. Boy, are we up the creek!

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 12:23 PM   #208
fagin
Philosopher

God is a rubber chicken?

That explains a lot.
Old 21st September 2018, 01:01 PM   #209
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
God is a rubber chicken?

That explains a lot.
Minus the squeaker.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 01:06 PM   #210
Imhotep
Muse

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
No, the police state is the thing you never see. We have fallen into the woo-woo rabbit hole here. Just as a sound is more real for being undetectable by things made to detect sound, a police state is more real the less you can figure out what it is, why it exists, or whom it benefits.

Actually, when I think about it I think I've hit on the answer: the police state is God. Boy, are we up the creek!
Well, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.

Furthermore, we could add unknown knowns as the things that we know, but are unaware of knowing?

partial credit to a Mr. Rumsfeld

Last edited by Imhotep; 21st September 2018 at 01:08 PM.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 04:42 AM   #211
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: You could at the very least watch that ted talk video I mentioned, but you choose to be "argumentative", protagonistic.

Again, you can prove it to yourself, but that seems to be way beyond and above what "skeptical" folks would do. It is actually very simple: if you were to use a regular sound recorder to detect, record the "sound" you produce while using a tin can "telephone", as if it were an air-carried acoustic excitation, all you will detect is noise.

TIs have done what you suggested. I have explained to them why they can't clearly record anything. You may find even videos of those kinds of experiments that TIs have posted.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 04:57 AM   #212
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The best way to determine if you are in a police state or not is to complain about living in a police state loudly and publicly. If no police come to arrest you, hang you up by your ankles and beat your feet, you don't live in a police state.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 06:48 AM   #213
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

RE: You could at the very least watch that ted talk video I mentioned, but you choose to be "argumentative", protagonistic.

Again, you can prove it to yourself, but that seems to be way beyond and above what "skeptical" folks would do. It is actually very simple: if you were to use a regular sound recorder to detect, record the "sound" you produce while using a tin can "telephone", as if it were an air-carried acoustic excitation, all you will detect is noise.

TIs have done what you suggested. I have explained to them why they can't clearly record anything. You may find even videos of those kinds of experiments that TIs have posted.
Have you yourself tried recording the output of a tin can telephone (within the receiving can, of course)? If I have the time, I will do so, but I'm guessing you have not, because, weak as it is, a sound is a sound, whether or not you put scare quotes around it.

Old 23rd September 2018, 06:26 PM   #214
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: ... a sound is a sound ...

I think you mentioned you are a "Humanities" kind of person, a philosopher of sorts. At the very least you should be able to understand in the physical sciences you can actually prove something to be true and real and in the logical ones you can at least prove it to be true or not (almost always, except when it comes to Gödelian ends of things). Are you now becoming "skeptical" about Physics, too? Here is the first line from your friend wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound

In physics, sound is a vibration that typically propagates as an audible wave of pressure, through a transmission medium such as a gas, liquid or solid.
~
they meant "audible" in a metaphoric sense, they should have instead written "detectable", "analogically faithful, therefore reproducible".

In order to understand what USG has been doing, you also want to look into:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directional_sound

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weaponry
~
RE: ... If I have the time, I will do so ...

effing do!
~
RE: ... The best way to determine if you are in a police state ...

I have no way to know if you are just being sarcastic and I can't quite get what you mean by "loudly" and "publicly", since, as a TI, I have zero comma nada "privacy" (a silly illusion I have never entertained to begin with) and even the whispering of farts relating to my agency will be "monitored". Whatever you do (including this very post) and wherever you are is "publicly" shared among all "Total Awareness" ass orifices; but if you are going into "quality of interpretation" issues relating to police states, I have been noticing for a long time, how policing in the U.S. essentially resembles East Germany's stasi to some remarkable degree and I don't know much about China, but, based on what I have heard, it seems to be more like Russia and Cuba.

In the U.S. and East Germany there is some pretentious bsing neurosis going on somehow projecting itself onto society which you notice not only in your statement, but in most of the comments in this thread. I would say the main differences when it comes to the U.S. is that thing of "experimentally" (to call it something) messing with people just for the fun of it, as some sort of active sociopathic training for perps and snitches. That is way more widespread than many of you seem willing to admit. In places such as Cuba and Russia, they do the repression in the open in some sort of "social contract" kind of way. Cuban people even use state money to make such vertically critical parodies of their government and their own, that even people who are viscerally anti-Castro detested that movie:

// __ ALICIA EN EL PUEBLO DE MARAVILLAS ENGLISH SUBTITLES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbOQRt21rgo
~
because "it went way beyond Castro-communism and made fun of Cuba, its people themselves in very offensive ways". I loved that movie! I say to people telling me they want to visit Cuba to just watch that movie and spare the time, money, hassle. There is a very self critical Chinese movie based on a novel by Yu Hua with riveting poetic intratextuallity, I have lost count of how many times I have watched:

// __ To Live 1994, Full movie with English subtitle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB7HYhUpDz
~
I wonder why gringos don't make "un-American" movies making fun of their own "'the' free and 'the' 'brave'" ... bs when all they have ever done is abusing people who can't defend themselves on an equal basis and here I am not only talking about the excellent comedy "A fish called Wanda", but more like that Cuban movie. I would say it is a very healthy thing for the collective consciousness of a people that they are able to self critically even crack elaborate jokes about themselves in vertical ways, not just a little fart theOnion-like parodies.

In kind of a cross among what Hegel considered to be "the Zeitgeist" of a time/people/nation (what "the state" should be/embody), how Foucault thought of nations as some sort generalized (Über)individual with quite human quirks and silliness; and Rosa Luxemburg's: "Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden" ("freedom" -should always be- the freedom of those who don't share your ideas (my somewhat less strict translation)), I would assess a political system, a nation, a people by how they do their repression. It speaks tomes about the intrinsic truths relating to what and how they think of themselves.
Old 24th September 2018, 03:04 AM   #215
rlopez2
Thinker

> I would say the main differences when it comes to the U.S. is that thing of "experimentally" (to call it something) messing with people ...

it is some kind of psychological dominance game used by the state in order to provide with their most needed sociopathic training all those ass orifices who don't have the brains to find actual jobs anyway (from which all societies have plenty) and also to beta test all that social control technology.

An adult TI daughter tormented to her wits end would break into tears because her father starts doubting her, thinking she is actually mentally ill; your spouse could be next to you and "not hear, not be aware of any of it" (invariably, at some point they start noticing on their own that something doesn’t seem to be right and then, most, quietly, fearfully acquiesce, consciously disengage the situation, go morally mute, very selectively just forget all their previous "doubtings" and "ridiculings" as if non of it had ever happening before).

On that actual reeling from the times in which Weimar residents were brought to Buchenwald, you could see how people could not believe what they saw. I wonder why is it that USG and the British as they did as part of their victor morality/justice, don't do the same thing with their own citizens and inform them about their practices, both in foreign countries and domestically.

Nazis were very honest and publicly so, about their braune *******:

// __ Hitler Reichstag Speech Roosevelt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQpInuRECoY
~
but they were quietly transporting people to death camps at night in boxed cars by train and bus. The media nowadays seems to work just fine. Yet, it is not just about the media, I have told you that our "freedom loving" governments have greatly surpassed the genocidal ratio of Nazi Germany during WWII, some information you can actually, easily check, but you consider that to be "my hoops" you don’t see yourself as going through, even though you would take the time for your good citizen actions such as reporting me to that school ... (about which, again, I am entirely fine)
Old 24th September 2018, 03:41 AM   #216
rlopez2
Thinker

Some of you have asked me how on earth can I compare the Monroe Doctrine (we gringos own the whole continent) which predates Nazism in era and times, with the Nazi Lebensraum bs. Hitler quite matter-of-factly tells the Roosevelt himself about it in that speech.
Old 24th September 2018, 03:43 AM   #217
fagin
Philosopher

Old 24th September 2018, 04:42 AM   #218
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Some of you have asked me how on earth can I compare the Monroe Doctrine (we gringos own the whole continent) which predates Nazism in era and times, with the Nazi Lebensraum bs. Hitler quite matter-of-factly tells the Roosevelt himself about it in that speech.
You can compare it by not understanding what it is that you’re comparing.

Monroe Doctrine, without the gratuitous inaccuracies:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine
Old 24th September 2018, 04:06 PM   #219
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

That's alot of dust balls.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2018, 03:45 AM   #220
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: ... Monroe Doctrine, without the gratuitous inaccuracies: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine

Sure! Here is the Lebensraum ideation pretty much sans inaccuracies, as well, for you to compare it to your "doctrine":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensraum

Now, a "doctrine", as its verbal form indicates: "indoctrination"; is just some beliefs which could be anywhere from brainwashing ones to being based on some demonstrably true aspect of reality. I think Hitler's comparative response to your cool and nice U.S. President "Teddy" Roosevelt a champion himself of that Monroe "doctrine" (which included English subtitles) is entirely right. Let me do you the favor to repeat it to you in a more spelled out way: who are you to believe that your morality is exclusive?, what makes you think you can "logically", "self evidently" imperially claim the whole American continent for yourself (we are "'the' Americans" after all, right?) and we cannot claim the European continent? Why is it that the British can go about their "white man burden" bs in the whole world and we can't have our Lebensraum? ...

In fact, if you think of it, Nazis as horrific and crazy ass as they were, still hold the moral high ground when it comes to such issues. They were not bored, "imaginative" enough to go after savage "negritos" and only that aspect makes their bsing Lebensraum ideations more honest compared to the Monroe "doctrine".

I already had an interesting back and forth about this with some person, who claimed to be well-versed on such topics. One of those "skeptical" "philosophers", "historians" ... you find around here:

// __ It’s The Other Way Around: Central American Immigrants Aren’t Invading us ...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=330705
~
Now since you are using wikipedia as some sort of factual reference, what do you have to say about those "doctrines" supporting blowing up a plane in midair full of teenagers in the name of "freedom"? Of course, calling that -terrorism- would be "un-American", right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubana...ión_Flight_455

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Posada_Carriles
~
And there you have the very U.S. President exercising his pardon discretion to get their pig out of prison even after the Justice Department had imprisoned him for totally unrelated charges. Many Latin American countries had been trying to extradite this guy due to charges going from kicking a pregnant woman in public to a string of other well-documented terrorist activities, but you know what USG's reaction was?: "They can't extradite him because in such "negrito" countries he would not have a fair trial!!!"

I myself, like many Latin American folks surely have issues with our own governments, but I ask myself the same question that Stephen Kinzer asks in his very well researched and cribbed history books: "what is this all about?", "why are we doing this?"
~
By the way, for those of you with some sanity spared and/or reading these back and forths from other parts of world, this is not staged. At the very least, I have meant and backed what I have said. These kinds of reactions you notice are gringo-typical, I assure you most are not from trolls. Gringos are actually like that. If you have the chance to meet one of them, you should first check your emotions in order not to go LOL on their faces (believe me those conversations will be interesting). You should ask them, e.g., why is it they think they did the world the favor of winning the -European- part of WWII (against the Nazis) when they only participated in the last (1/5) of it after the course of the war was determined by the Red Army? (this is what they are told in their "history" books), or ask them how is it exactly that their most glorious U.S. President ever, Ronald Reagan, won the cold war against communism by flying some kites and standing tall to them? ... You should also visit a "history" museum and then one of those Disney World amusement parks and you tell me what the difference is.

You may wonder how is it possible that a people who like to dangle their collective crazy ass delusions about their supposed "moral superiority", "greatness", "bravery", "freedoms", "smarts", ... I can tell you those things don't happen by themselves. This is what happens to you when you spend (1/4) of your waking time watching TV (and those statistics were from the times before cell phones).
Old 25th September 2018, 04:06 AM   #221
fagin
Philosopher

In fact, if you think of it, Nazis as horrific and crazy ass as they were, still hold the moral high ground when it comes to such issues. They were not bored, "imaginative" enough to go after savage "negritos" and only that aspect makes their bsing Lebensraum ideations more honest compared to the Monroe "doctrine".
???????????????????????????????????????????????

And just for you. Adolf Cat. Your hero.

And still.

Old 25th September 2018, 08:08 AM   #222
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I have no doubt that the Monroe doctrine was intended in part to emphasize US influence in the Americas, and to redound to our advantage in trade, but it still remains that the principal point of it was to support the revolutions then taking place, and the de-colonization of Latin America. The US has done many bad things here and there, but it might also be a mistake to conflate the Monroe Doctrine as it was originally stated with the loose reinterpretations by which it was later used to justify our own expansion, and occasionally, perhaps, to violate its own original intent.

Old 25th September 2018, 10:40 AM   #223
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Question

Ok, wtf are "Negrito's"? Sounds like a new Lays brand...

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2018, 10:55 AM   #224
carlitos
"más divertido"

Like this, but male.

carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 02:16 PM   #225
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Ok, wtf are "Negrito's"? Sounds like a new Lays brand...
RE: Like this, but male.

I don't know what was on the picture that you seem to have posted, but Spanish has gender neutral collective nouns. I mean with "negritos" not "Negrito's" people who are generally considered to be: darker, lesser, lower.

It is also too easy to mistake my "gringos" with U.S. citizens, especially since I don't use the demonym "American" to mean what most U.S. citizens, but not most people in the continent mean, but to me a "gringo" is the kind of person for whom messing with other people and with nature is OK in the name of "freedom", "progress", . . . and all that great stuff, for whom any thing which can not be immediately understood through a dollar amount would not go.
Old 29th September 2018, 02:39 PM   #226
fagin
Philosopher

RE: Ok, wtf are "Negrito's"? Sounds like a new Lays brand...
RE: Like this, but male.

I don't know what was on the picture that you seem to have posted, but Spanish has gender neutral collective nouns. I mean with "negritos" not "Negrito's" people who are generally considered to be: darker, lesser, lower.

It is also too easy to mistake my "gringos" with U.S. citizens, especially since I don't use the demonym "American" to mean what most U.S. citizens, but not most people in the continent mean, but to me a "gringo" is the kind of person for whom messing with other people and with nature is OK in the name of "freedom", "progress", . . . and all that great stuff, for whom any thing which can not be immediately understood through a dollar amount would not go.
And just for you. Adolf Cat. Your hero. Again

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Old 30th September 2018, 05:06 PM   #227
rlopez2
Thinker

> I wonder why is it that USG and the British as they did as part of their victor morality/justice, don't do the same thing with their own citizens and inform them about their practices, both in foreign countries and domestically

// __ British troops use torture – even if it is by another name, by Ruth Blakeley

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ps-use-torture

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu//NSAEBB/NSAEBB122/index.htm
~
> Or, have you ever been deprived of sleep for more than three days? Have you ever been targeted with Direct Enery Weapons?, which they have been doing from your neighbors' homes, cars and drones.

// __ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide#Rational

Medical conditions
Sleep disturbances such as insomnia[78] and sleep apnea are risk factors for depression and suicide. In some instances the sleep disturbances may be a risk factor independent of depression.[79] A number of other medical conditions may present with symptoms similar to mood disorders, including hypothyroidism, Alzheimer's, brain tumors, systemic lupus erythematosus, and adverse effects from a number of medications (such as beta blockers and steroids).[13]
~
Old 30th September 2018, 05:11 PM   #228
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Damn... those DEW's really get around, don't they.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 07:20 PM   #229
Kid Eager
Philosopher

> I wonder why is it that USG and the British as they did as part of their victor morality/justice, don't do the same thing with their own citizens and inform them about their practices, both in foreign countries and domestically

// __ British troops use torture – even if it is by another name, by Ruth Blakeley

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ps-use-torture

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu//NSAEBB/NSAEBB122/index.htm
~
> Or, have you ever been deprived of sleep for more than three days? Have you ever been targeted with Direct Enery Weapons?, which they have been doing from your neighbors' homes, cars and drones.

// __ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide#Rational

Medical conditions
Sleep disturbances such as insomnia[78] and sleep apnea are risk factors for depression and suicide. In some instances the sleep disturbances may be a risk factor independent of depression.[79] A number of other medical conditions may present with symptoms similar to mood disorders, including hypothyroidism, Alzheimer's, brain tumors, systemic lupus erythematosus, and adverse effects from a number of medications (such as beta blockers and steroids).[13]
~
It doesn't compile. Did you leave out a library or something?
Old 30th September 2018, 10:23 PM   #230
fagin
Philosopher

Gumf...

Have you ever been targeted with Direct Enery Weapons?

dagumf.
Enery's 'Ammer?

Quote:
For the majority, he will be remembered for one punch - a thunderous left hook they called Enery's 'Ammer that put The Greatest on his backside.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/2635355.stm
Old 1st October 2018, 03:14 AM   #231
rlopez2
Thinker

"Kill the Indian, Save the Man" ...

// __ An Untold Number of Indigenous Children Disappeared at U.S. Boarding Schools. Tribal Nations Are Raising the Stakes in Search of Answers

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/25/...nts=1#comments

darremliam: how could these children be uncounted for?
Hughie_the_Sailor: No one cared.
~
No one cares, since they weren't even children. They were just negritos and what "happened" to them, was for the "greatest common good" (TM), for "progress", "freedom", "the advancement of free enterprise", ...
Old 1st October 2018, 03:30 AM   #232
fagin
Philosopher

1882...?

Old 1st October 2018, 09:58 AM   #233
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: 1882...?

... 2018!
Old 1st October 2018, 05:14 PM   #234
Hans
Philosopher

1882...?
I wonder if he's also going to be upset by the actions of the Teutonic knights in the Baltic region or perhaps the invasion of England by the Jutes and Angles?

He may blow a plug when he finds out about the Taiping rebellion.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2018, 05:58 PM   #235
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

The link borked my phone, twice, so I have no idea what it has to disclose.
Is there some recent scourge of Native American children being abducted that I haven't heard about?

Old 2nd October 2018, 10:39 PM   #236
Imadeyouthink
New Blood

A police state is basically a certain police individuals in a mad love triangle in a actual state that may or may not exist. I feel the word should be changed and underneath despotism.
Imadeyouthink is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2018, 01:11 AM   #237
fagin
Philosopher

Er wut?
Old 3rd October 2018, 01:16 AM   #238
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
The link borked my phone, twice, so I have no idea what it has to disclose.
Is there some recent scourge of Native American children being abducted that I haven't heard about?
Basically it was about boarding schools that Native American children were sent to between the 1880's and 1920's. Conditions etc were not great.

"From the 1880s through the 1920s, conditions at boarding schools were especially terrible — and deadly. “Routinely, you have students begging for clothes and food,” said Preston McBride, a University of California, Los Angeles Ph.D. candidate working on a dissertation about health conditions in the schools. “There were students sharing spoons and cups in dining halls, sharing bath water,” he added. “Once a disease hit, it rapidly spread.”
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:36 PM   #239
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: ... the actions of the Teutonic knights ... the invasion of England by the Jutes and Angles ... the Taiping rebellion?

Oh, "true blue American Philosopher"! One of your own said that an unquestioned life is not worth living. I see you in this path, you just need to keep going if you can.
~
RE: ... Is there some recent scourge of Native American children being abducted that I haven't heard about?

I have no way of knowing what you mean by that, but yes the genocide of Native American continue to this day:

// __ The Canary Effect: Save The Indian Kill The Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uk9S6fcdPk
~
and since USG apparently got bored of "beating that dead horse to death" and there are plenty of negritos out there, they have gone with their "freedom loving" music to other places where they know they can play it "safely":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in..._(2001–present)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War
~
RE: ... I have no doubt that the Monroe doctrine

I would suggest you read: Stephen Kinzer's "Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq"
~
RE: Basically it was about boarding schools that Native American children were sent to between the 1880's and 1920's. Conditions etc were not great.

RE: "From the 1880s through the 1920s ... students sharing spoons and cups in dining halls, sharing bath water,” he added. “Once a disease hit, it rapidly spread.”

Well, what about using the adjective -genocidal-, instead of using the adjective phrase "not great" in relation to the condition under which those kids were living?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide
Old 3rd October 2018, 10:46 PM   #240
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Police state.

Oh, sorry, that's "state police".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 3rd October 2018 at 10:48 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories