ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:50 PM   #241
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Police state.

https://www.oregon.gov/osp/SiteAsset...%20cropped.jpg

Oh, sorry, that's "state police".
what a Moran...
Old 5th October 2018, 10:18 PM   #242
Hans
Philosopher

[quote=rlopez2;12452931]

Quote:
Oh, "true blue American Philosopher"! One of your own said that an unquestioned life is not worth living. I see you in this path, you just need to keep going if you can.
Actually not born in America.

You should worry about your own path. I see that you failed to condemned the actions of the Teutonic knights, the invasion of England by the Jutes and Angles or the Taiping rebellion? This would mean you are either a mumpsimus or uncaring.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2018, 08:11 AM   #243
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Actually not born in America . . .

Oh, "true blue American Philosopher"!, you are getting way too confusing to my understanding. At the very least you should be consistent if you can't make sense (which apparently is not what ISF is about). You were the one who used that "true blue American" adjective phrase (which sounds so "American"!) not only as part of a not so veiled threat, but in an inclusive way. In order to be TBA you just choose to be one and you should even be proud about it. So, what are your qualms, doubts about it?

By the way, my mention of "paths" was only contextualized as part of my reply to your comments, but the smart asses you are at ISF, it apparently flew to high, fast over your head. Some other people reading that in the future may find these the comments in these threads amusing.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2018, 06:23 PM   #244
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rlopez2 View Post
RE: Actually not born in America . . .

You were the one who used that "true blue American" adjective phrase (which sounds so "American"!)
Nope, didn't say that in this thread you did. If I did why don't you link to it.

Deleted the rest of your garbled stuff.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2018, 07:34 PM   #245
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: ... If I did why don't you link to it.

Are there more than one Hans aka "true blue 'American'" 'Philosopher' around here?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=175

One of the silly (and tellingly so!) things about ISF's language use police is attaching people those epithets (like I am a "Thinker" to them it seems, when I was already getting used to being called a "schizophrenic" by many of you and considered to be "mentally ill" by ISF's police just for expressing not that socially happy concerns :-( ), so you may not have picked the "Philosopher" title for yourself. It just did partially fit the line of my joking comment. It is OK, if we don't get it right the first time around:

// __ This is America ! You get it right the first time !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_zJDSej0sE
~
I know, I teach. It is one of the functional, hopeful illusions we teachers entertain.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 02:20 AM   #246
fagin
Philosopher

The title is automatic based on number of posts.

You can ask for it to be changed to schizophrenic.

I believe you need to bribe the mods with chocolate.
Old 8th October 2018, 04:33 PM   #247
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: This is America ! You get it right the first time !

It flies way over my head why would anyone get worked up to that extent for the (merely visual) difference between red and green peppers and that clip doesn't make clear if she paid for whatever she took away. That lady needed to dump her anger out "by any means necessary", she just used the situation as her platform to channel her own anxiety, xenophobic drives and who would do a better dumping ground than some negritos speaking "whatever language is it they are talking" (which she emphasized even though they spoke back to her in English just fine, anyway). At some point it seemed she was getting ready to jump over the counter and fist fight those people. Also, last time I checked the most efficient, rightest and "American" way to go for as a customer is by simply going away from that business for good, right?

Yet, that "American" lady may be right to some extent. Nowadays young(er) people (regardless of their degree of "Americanness") do everything as if they were playing computer games and could easily, playfully thumb their way back into a situation. They only pay attention to their cell phones, to "social media", "virtual reality" ...; absolutely nothing else matters to them. You could be at a dentist's office and have a not so younger generation person pull up their cell phone, but what makes this video so "true blue American" is that gringo thing of whole heartedly believing that they are doing the Universe the favor of reminding negritos about "their place" and lecturing them about "how to get it 'right'", how to do it "the 'American' (not 'un-American') way, the very first time around, damn it!?!" ... However this is not just a random incident that could happen anywhere in the world. Those kinds of "this is America" reactions (like all those phrases with "American" connotations) in the U.S. have Anthropological roots. The greatest ever "American" President Ronald Reagan when (I think it was Iranian) people got tired of having the USG/CIA messing with their nation/people/government reacted by saying, reminding to them: "Hello, this is America!" ...

Also, most people in the U.S. are not like that (or maybe this is what I see, since I live in the NYC, not exactly around "true blue Americans"). People at least in the coasts in the U.S. are growing past their racial anxieties, but there is still a core of the U.S. population who apparently see themselves more as being displaced "white" persons than just people, who unfortunately make a large share of the current increase of suicide of what used to be the middle class in the U.S. ... they don't seem to realize that negritos are not the reason why they face their believed injustices.
Old 12th December 2018, 04:53 AM   #248
rlopez2
Thinker

// __ Human microchipping is here; are you ready? A microchip could open your front door, start your car and make purchases but how do the benefits outweigh the risks?, By Anna Harstedt
Published : December 03, 2018 Updated : December 03, 2018

https://www.metro.us/news/human-microchipping
~
// __ Marc Lamont Hill fired by CNN after UN speech on Palestine. National activists rally to support Philadelphia's Marc Lamont Hill after losing his job as a commentator for CNN following a controversial speech in favor of Palestinian rights. By Sam Newhouse
Published : November 30, 2018 Updated : December 02, 2018

https://www.metro.us/news/local-news...eech-palestine
~
Old 12th December 2018, 05:37 AM   #249
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

// __ Superdry warns worse to come as profits plunge. Superdry, best known for its coats and hoodies, has warned of weaker than expected profits, saying shoppers have not bought extra winter layers this year.
Published: 12th December 2018.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46535682
~
// __Dartmouth Fatstock: Sexism row over men-only awards dinner. Women in farming have called on a men-only awards dinner "to get with the times" and allow them to attend.
Published: 12th December 2018.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-46524148
~
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2018, 12:25 PM   #250
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

//___Steph Curry just revealed that he doesn’t believe that man has been on the moon.By: Phillip Barnett published December 10, 2018 9:46 am

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/20...n-to-the-moon/

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2018, 02:12 AM   #251
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

//__Two abnormal loads to cause road delays before Christmas. Motorists are being advised by Suffolk police to expect delays across the county's roads on two separate occasions during the festive period., By Dominic Moffett
Published: December 13 2018 Updated: December 13th 2018.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/r...unty-1-5817266
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories