ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th October 2018, 01:19 PM   #1
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Surprise: Alex Jones Yelling False Flag on attempted CNN/Prominent Dems bombings.

https://www.infowars.com/

Good Old Alex. In a world of change, he is a constant...

Constant Idiot and A Hole that is.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 01:23 PM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

He is utterly desperate for attention and Merch sales - how many lawsuit has he currently pending?
Old 24th October 2018, 01:25 PM   #3
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Do you want me to put on my shocked face, or can you just pretend I did and we'll move on?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 01:35 PM   #4
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Alex who?
Old 24th October 2018, 01:35 PM   #5
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Do you want me to put on my shocked face, or can you just pretend I did and we'll move on?
I was actually watching CNN when the bomb threat went down, and I admit, one of my first thoughts was "I bet Alex Jones yells False Flag over this".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 01:46 PM   #6
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I was actually watching CNN when the bomb threat went down, and I admit, one of my first thoughts was "I bet Alex Jones yells False Flag over this".
Yeah, Info wars has been p[predictable for quite some time.

You can figure out what they'll claim by asking yourself "What's the silliest, most asinine theory that supports the right and denigrates the left?"
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 02:19 PM   #7
crescent
Master Poster

Oddly enough, one of the devices actually does have a false flag on it - a parody of the ISIS flag

Here's the relevant post from the other (non-CT) thread. (Which everybody probably already saw anyway, since neither thread is very long yet.)(twitter image of the device with the flag sticker)

Admittedly, not the sort of false flag Jones blabbers on about. But still....

Last edited by crescent; 24th October 2018 at 02:21 PM.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 03:35 PM   #8
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
Oddly enough, one of the devices actually does have a false flag on it - a parody of the ISIS flag

Here's the relevant post from the other (non-CT) thread. (Which everybody probably already saw anyway, since neither thread is very long yet.)(twitter image of the device with the flag sticker)

Admittedly, not the sort of false flag Jones blabbers on about. But still....

It's simple really. ISIS used the Fake ISIS Flag on their False Flag Attack, so that you'd think it was someone else making a False Flag attack using the Fake ISIS Flag, leading you to then conclude that it actually was ISIS, since the Fake False Flag attack was clearly a Fake Flag False Flag attack.

Clear?
Old 24th October 2018, 03:56 PM   #9
Axxman300
Illuminator

You guys need to track down the video from last week where Alex Jones was yelling at a pile of horse poop in the middle of a street near a Ted Cruz rally.

No joke, he's flipping out at manure.

You'd think there'd be professional courtesy...
Old 24th October 2018, 04:38 PM   #10
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
You guys need to track down the video from last week where Alex Jones was yelling at a pile of horse poop in the middle of a street near a Ted Cruz rally.

No joke, he's flipping out at manure.

You'd think there'd be professional courtesy...
For your viewing pleasure and intellectual stimulation:

https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-37449864.html
Old 24th October 2018, 05:11 PM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Multiple posters on this very forum are claiming exactly the same thing. I'm shocked, in fact, not to have yet seen a Trump tweet saying that.
Old 24th October 2018, 05:23 PM   #12
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
For your viewing pleasure and intellectual stimulation:

https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-37449864.html
Because “Old man yells at cloud” is so passé.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 05:43 PM   #13
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Pffft.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 07:38 PM   #14
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Because “Old man yells at cloud” is so passé.
The pile of horse **** literally conducted itself with more class and wit than Jones.
Old 24th October 2018, 09:29 PM   #15
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
The pile of horse **** literally conducted itself with more class and wit than Jones.
Which is good, that makes it much easier to tell them apart.
Old 25th October 2018, 12:18 PM   #16
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Trump Worshippers have adapted the False Flag theory full blast..including one of more obnoxious Trump Trolls on this website.
They already made up a story about an FBI report saying it was a hoax...which was ,of course, itself a Hoax.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 25th October 2018, 12:42 PM   #17
smartcooky
Philosopher

And you think that predicting this makes you a clairvoyant?
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 01:42 PM   #18
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's simple really. ISIS used the Fake ISIS Flag on their False Flag Attack, so that you'd think it was someone else making a False Flag attack using the Fake ISIS Flag, leading you to then conclude that it actually was ISIS, since the Fake False Flag attack was clearly a Fake Flag False Flag attack.

Clear?
I came to the forum to post this, wasted 15 minutes reading arguments in politics, and got here a whole day late. I award you 1/2 internets.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 02:33 PM   #19
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
And you think that predicting this makes you a clairvoyant?
Nope.
Although my all time favorite piece of Jones insanity remains his review, back in 2009 of the "Watchmen" movie. Who knew ALan Moore and DC were part of the NWO conspiracy.
WHat makes it funny, for us comic book geeks, is that Jones displays a monumental ignorance of comic books.like crediting Alan Moore with writing "Sandman " (actually authored by Neal Gaiman) which would be like crediting Charles DIckens with "Pride and Prejudice".

Robert Heinlein.
Old 25th October 2018, 07:48 PM   #20
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Jones is nothing, if not predictable.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 08:24 PM   #21
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Jones is nothing, if not predictable.
Only the first half of that sentence is true.

Reword....

You can delete the second half of that sentence. and the first half is still true.
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th October 2018 at 08:25 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 12:27 AM   #22
Bubba
Master Poster

We skeptics love the part where they put a bomb in the mail with a timer on it.

Shows everyone how dumb those red state red necks are, in case the mispellings went unnoticed.
Bubba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 01:20 AM   #23
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Shows everyone how dumb those red state red necks are, in case the mispellings went unnoticed.
I imagine that there is a parallel universe somewhere in which this post makes some kind of sense.
Old 26th October 2018, 03:39 AM   #24
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I imagine that there is a parallel universe somewhere in which this post makes some kind of sense.
I know what he is implying. He's thinking "what use would a timing device be with a mailed bomb when you could never be sure exactly when it will be delivered".

Of course, as usual with Bubba, he hasn't given it much thought. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

You understand, don't you that a timer in an explosive device isn't always set by the bomb maker himself at the time he sends it? Also, it may not be set to actually make the bomb go off.

Have a think about it!

Last edited by smartcooky; 26th October 2018 at 03:50 AM.
Old 26th October 2018, 04:08 AM   #25
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Australia’s own right-wing fear merchant Andrew Bolt has been playing the same game, thiugh with a little subtlety.
No one knows who sent those pipe bombs to Barack Obama, CNN and the rest - a Right-winger, a nutter or a Leftist trying to discredit the Republicans just before the mid-term election. But instantly the Left is blaming Donald Trump for whipping up hate - but what utter hypocrites
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...7a34a90a6267aa

Link for transparency only. No need to give him anymore clicks. The terminally curious will only be disappointed by his mundane wafflings.
Old 26th October 2018, 04:48 AM   #26
Belz...
Fiend God

The Trump Worshippers have adapted the False Flag theory full blast..including one of more obnoxious Trump Trolls on this website.
They already made up a story about an FBI report saying it was a hoax...which was ,of course, itself a Hoax.
We really are in a post-fact world.

It's just amazing.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 08:49 AM   #27
ServiceSoon
Graduate Poster

Only the first half of that sentence is true.

Reword....

You can delete the second half of that sentence. and the first half is still true.
Werd Discussions of AJ isn't worth the use of a single neuron.
ServiceSoon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 09:18 AM   #28
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post

Slip showing. Again. Why not thank those taking time to explain for you.

Last edited by Bubba; 26th October 2018 at 09:37 AM.
Bubba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 09:47 AM   #29
Bubba
Master Poster

That False Flag (hokey ISIS look-alike flag) pasted on the 'device' is a nice touch !

Last edited by Bubba; 26th October 2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 26th October 2018, 10:15 AM   #30
Bubba
Master Poster

"Device" seen in official media pic appears to have one of those alarm-less car dashboard clocks attached.
Old 26th October 2018, 10:15 AM   #31
Axxman300
Illuminator

They got him:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/10/2...mail-facility/

Definitely Trump material, and - SHOCK - a life long conspiracy theorist.
Old 26th October 2018, 12:26 PM   #32
smartcooky
Philosopher

"Device" seen in official media pic appears to have one of those alarm-less car dashboard clocks attached.
There is no such thing as an "alarmless" digital clock, because even if it has no ready built-in alarm, making it have one is simplicity itself for anyone with the skill, some hookup wire, a soldering iron and a few dollars to spend at Radio Shack.

Did you have a think about the question I asked you in post #24
Old 26th October 2018, 12:52 PM   #33
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

So.
Are they buying the fall guy?

After all, we all know it was Cruz's dad, really.
Old 26th October 2018, 01:10 PM   #34
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Mailing such things to people is still terrorism, whether they are badly made or phony.
Old 26th October 2018, 01:15 PM   #35
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Mailing such things to people is still terrorism, whether they are badly made or phony.
Yep. Robbing a bank with a toy gun is still armed robbery (if the gun is believed real by the victims).
Old 26th October 2018, 09:59 PM   #36
Bubba
Master Poster

There is no such thing as an "alarmless" digital clock, because even if it has no ready built-in alarm, making it have one is simplicity itself for anyone with the skill, some hookup wire, a soldering iron and a few dollars to spend at Radio Shack.

Did you have a think about the question I asked you in post #24

They'll likely not be foisting any but those for the simpleminded here. Because who they are dealing with and all.

...and 'twas very kind of you, taking time to help the one unable to grasp post 22.
Old 26th October 2018, 10:32 PM   #37
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Yep. Robbing a bank with a toy gun is still armed robbery (if the gun is believed real by the victims).
It could also get you extremely dead.

I am 100% sure that the armed bank cop is not going to waste any time examining whether or not the gun you are pointing at the bank staff and customers is a real gun or a toy.
Old 26th October 2018, 11:10 PM   #38
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Not exactly difficult.
Old 27th October 2018, 02:13 AM   #39
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Slip showing. Again. Why not thank those taking time to explain for you.
There is a thing called "different time zones", which you may have heard of.

Also something called "having a job".

Both of these explain why I haven't responded until now.

Thanks, smartcooky, for translating bubba's post, and for doing it in a way that didn't involve calling me simple-minded.
Old 29th October 2018, 05:56 AM   #40
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

It could also get you extremely dead.

I am 100% sure that the armed bank cop is not going to waste any time examining whether or not the gun you are pointing at the bank staff and customers is a real gun or a toy.
Well, that too, but I was speaking legally: the issue is the perception, not the reality. Robbing a place even without any actual, functional weapon on you can still support a charge of armed robbery. Likewise, I suspect sending even "fake" bombs would still support whatever charges are applied for bombings.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories