ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th October 2018, 05:21 AM   #1
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Kookmobiles topic

I saw that we didn't have a topic about this yet. This is a topic about those "Truther cars". Discuss stuff about this here or post some pics that you've seen on the internet or taken yourself.

Or share your own real life experiences with these... things.

Found this masterpiece, while googling this word.

Not sure what Google is supposed to celebrate, but...

For those who don't know what a "kookmobile" is: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kookmobile

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 07:26 AM   #2
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

My limit is two bumper stickers. Anything more than that puts you well into "don't put your dick in crazy" territory.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 07:52 AM   #3
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I haven't seen any extreme examples but the ones around here tend to be plastered with Bernie stickers and peace symbols.
Old 28th October 2018, 11:48 AM   #4
Axxman300
Illuminator

There's a guy who lives in my area who believes that John Lennon was not killed by Mark David Chapman, but was really killed by Stephen King at the behest of Richard Nixon.

The guy's name is Stephen Lightfoot, and he in now on his SECOND van decorated with tag-lines from his manifesto.

And yes, he has a website (the address is on all four sides of his new van):

http://lennonmurdertruth.com/

There is another guy, an Iraq War vet, who drives around in a big white Ford pickup truck that has an Iron Cross on each door, and the slogan "Respect the Gun" custom painted on each side of the truck bed, along with over thirty right-wing bumper-stickers.
Old 28th October 2018, 10:00 PM   #5
dadbodhisattva
New Blood

Wasn't there a study a few years ago that linked low IQ with lots of bumper stickers?
dadbodhisattva is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 03:32 AM   #6
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Kooks like those mailing pipe bombs to people?

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 06:13 AM   #7
Imhotep
Muse

We have an anti-Vaxxer RV roaming the area, the art is quite nicely done but covered in Anti Vaxx slogans and artwork.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 06:33 AM   #8
SuburbanTurkey
Muse

reddit has this: /r/InfoWarriorRides

Seems to have all kinds of crazy wagons, no just infowars CT stuff. It has been dominated recently with the MAGAbomber's van, but there is other stuff if you look further back.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 29th October 2018 at 06:34 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 06:48 AM   #9
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trucknuts too PC ?
Old 29th October 2018, 06:54 AM   #10
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by dadbodhisattva View Post
Wasn't there a study a few years ago that linked low IQ with lots of bumper stickers?
I'm trying to get funding for my "Idiots who cut me off in traffic, don't know how to merge properly, or otherwise drive like idiots almost always have a bumper sticker, prove me wrong" study.

I believe there is a link with the "If you have a 'Look twice for motorcycles' bumper sticker you will not look once before changing lanes with no signal" phenomenon.

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 12:21 PM   #11
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

here is another one:

https://images.theweek.com/sites/def...resize=807x807
Old 29th October 2018, 12:44 PM   #12
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I'm trying to get funding for my "Idiots who cut me off in traffic, don't know how to merge properly, or otherwise drive like idiots almost always have a bumper sticker, prove me wrong" study.

I believe there is a link with the "If you have a 'Look twice for motorcycles' bumper sticker you will not look once before changing lanes with no signal" phenomenon.
Don't forget the "Jesus fish" and cutting you off doing 85 mph in a 65mph zone.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 12:48 PM   #13
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

The MAGABomber is giving kookmobiles a bad name.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 01:03 PM   #14
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
There's a guy who lives in my area who believes that John Lennon was not killed by Mark David Chapman, but was really killed by Stephen King at the behest of Richard Nixon.

The guy's name is Stephen Lightfoot, and he in now on his SECOND van decorated with tag-lines from his manifesto.

And yes, he has a website (the address is on all four sides of his new van):

http://lennonmurdertruth.com/

There is another guy, an Iraq War vet, who drives around in a big white Ford pickup truck that has an Iron Cross on each door, and the slogan "Respect the Gun" custom painted on each side of the truck bed, along with over thirty right-wing bumper-stickers.
He's made a trip through the S.F. bay area promoting his brand of crazy with a stop in the jurisdiction I served - he's a real live nutjob.

Locally we have bunches of kookmobiles, usually promoting religious or political nuttery, but we also had a kookhouse:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...nt-2624670.php

"2007-01-08 18:54:00 PST SAN MATEO -- A San Mateo woman is getting messages from God and painting them in five-foot-tall letters on the roof of her house.

The city wants her to stop doing it. Her neighbors want her to stop doing it. But Estrella Benavides says she can't do that."

Before she was finished in her mission, the whole thing was covered in nuttery. The city intervened.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 01:13 PM   #15
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Don't forget the "Jesus fish" and cutting you off doing 85 mph in a 65mph zone.
I once observed a mid-1980's GM sedan being driven by an older fella with a handwritten sign in the rear window - "I (heart) the speed limit"

That I don't know, but he sure didn't like the double yellow lines separating the two directions of traffic.

He proceeded to drive down the road in front of me with -0- regard to the possibility of oncoming traffic around the blind corners where he was driving on the wrong side of the road.

I backed way off but did not witness the fatal accident I was sure was going to occur. I pulled off the road and called the CHP. I have no idea what happened after that and did not come across accident debris or an accident scene when I continued down the road.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2018, 02:35 PM   #16
autumn1971
Master Poster

In High Springs, Fl there is a minister of one of those strip-mall churches who has a truck with “Jesus wants your children” in huge letters on the rear window.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories