IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , hillary clinton , political speculation

View Poll Results: How do you think that the 2016 elections work out?
Trump wins the Presidential Election with Republican Majority in the Senate and Republican Majority in the House 1 2.86%
Trump wins the Presidential Election with Republican Majority in the Senate and Democratic Majority in the House 0 0%
Trump wins the Presidential Election with Democratic Majority in the Senate and Republican Majority in the House 0 0%
Trump wins the Presidential Election with Democratic Majority in the Senate and Democratic Majority in the House 0 0%
Clinton wins the Presidential Election with Republican Majority in the Senate and Republican Majority in the House 7 20.00%
Clinton wins the Presidential Election with Republican Majority in the Senate and Democratic Majority in the House 2 5.71%
Clinton wins the Presidential Election with Democratic Majority in the Senate and Republican Majority in the House 17 48.57%
Clinton wins the Presidential Election with Democratic Majority in the Senate, and Democratic Majority in the House 5 14.29%
Planet X Don't Need No Stinkin' Political Parties 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th October 2016, 11:15 AM   #1
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

2016 Political Party Expectations

Ugh! Please let me try this again ...

I have never posted a poll before, but since no else has posted something similar, then I thought that this would be a good time to do so.

If you have any predictions as to how the upcoming national election will shake out, then please vote in this poll as you see fit.

Thanks much.
Old 14th October 2016, 05:57 AM   #2
Tero
Illuminator

I voted for Repulicans taking Senate and House, but there is a small chance Democrats will take the Senate.

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 03:05 PM   #3
ddt
Mafia Penguin

I voted for Clinton as president and a Democratic majority in the Senate. I include the two independents - Angus King and Bernie Sanders - among that majority, as they caucus with the Democrats. Or does Bernie now officially count as a Democratic senator?

Specifically, I think it will be 50/50, so Kaine is the tie-breaking vote.
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 02:46 PM   #4
IXP
Graduate Poster

The prediction markets agree with this poll's current results: Clinton, Dem Senate, Rep House.

I hope it is true so we can get a reasonable Supreme Court after all these years of conservative destruction.

IXP
Old 17th October 2016, 07:23 AM   #5
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Late season polls are sweet. Not a whole lot of believers in a Trump win any longer, eh?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2017, 03:31 PM   #6
MrFliop
Thinker

You guys are even worse at predicting the future than the bible
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2017, 05:46 PM   #7
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MrFliop View Post
You guys are even worse at predicting the future than the bible
The Bible was very accurate - it predicted Trump!

Antichrist
Quote:
the Antichrist or False Messiah is generally regarded as a figure of evil that will falsely claim to be the Christ Make America Great Again!
Old 7th May 2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Was it wrong to wait until today to vote?

Last edited by Mike!; 7th May 2017 at 05:56 PM.
Mike! is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2017, 08:28 PM   #9
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Can't blame me, I always vote the Planet X ticket.

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2017, 09:08 PM   #10
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Late season polls are sweet. Not a whole lot of believers in a Trump win any longer, eh?
Reminds me of Rachel Maddow the night of, explaining on live TV how it couldn't happen, *as it was happening*.
Old 7th May 2017, 09:19 PM   #11
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

It's hard to make predictions on contests where cheating is involved.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics