IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Dusko Markovic , NATO incidents , Trump controversies

Old 26th May 2017, 06:06 AM   #81
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
This was a dick move; the twelve-year old budging line to get another slice of ice cream cake. Trump was probably still all sheepish from Melania slapping him down publically, and trying to show all hard.
His ego is the only thing that matters to him.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 06:07 AM   #82
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
That's the best part of the video, yes. I wonder if Trump realises how stupid he's being. Does he care?
We'll not care for him.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 06:10 AM   #83
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
His ego is the only thing that matters to him.
This is a man that insists he gets two scoops of ice cream with dessert while his guests get one.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 07:29 AM   #84
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol
******* unbelievable!

Its clear some you don't know what a jovial shove is?
The "prime minister" clearly had a smile and so did Trump.

Some of you clearly don't get out much!
Obviously, your notion that Trump jovially shoved a leader who is an acquaintance at best is really endearing, like lads hanging out on the playground after school.

But I'm curious why the prime minister's title is in scare quotes. Is he not really a PM? Or is Montenegro so unimportant that being PM doesn't count?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 07:33 AM   #85
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Its clear some you don't know what a jovial shove is?
An excuse used by bullies since time immemorial.
Old 26th May 2017, 07:51 AM   #86
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
An excuse used by bullies since time immemorial.
Thing is, there is such a thing as acts that may be interpreted as bullying but are meant as friendly physicality. However, actual bullies have tried to blur the line because they know bullying hasn't been very well regarded, so they don't want to appear to be bullies. They just want to be bullies.

Trump's shove wasn't one of those "friendly physical" acts.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 08:50 AM   #87
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I don't take it as a bullying move. It's more a "You don't matter, I do" move. He's just so neurotic and so into All Things Me that the other guy doesn't exist and it's fine to push past him.

I see that behavior all over Asia. While we're renowned for our politeness and rituals, that's all for formal settings. In a traffic queue or at a 7/11, or in line to buy tickets to a movie, people will just cut in front of you, sometimes having to zig and zag to do so and even jostle you to get ahead. It's the self-centeredness all Asians are raised with..... YOU - the other person - just don't matter.

That's Trump's position. No one matters but Trump. Montenegro guy might as well have been a potted philodendron that he needed to move to get to his rightful place.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 08:53 AM   #88
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I don't take it as a bullying move. It's more a "You don't matter, I do" move.
I fail to see the difference. What is more at the heart of bullying than a belief that "I am more important than you" (and the fear that it isn't true)?
Old 26th May 2017, 10:53 AM   #89
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Lol

My besties shove me all the time, has nothing to do with bullying. Maybe if you're around girls all the time it's not that common, but it is quite common around "men"
So Trump considers the Prime Minister of Montenegro a 'bestie'? A man he had never met before yesterday? Wow!
Old 26th May 2017, 11:00 AM   #90
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
So Trump considers the Prime Minister of Montenegro a 'bestie'? A man he had never met before yesterday? Wow!
Its a club.
Are you going to render an opinion again on what you could not know?
I'm only basing my opinion on their faces, do they look offended to you?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 11:20 AM   #91
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-defence-bills

Apart from the 7-year old's vocabulary we have Trump's belief that nobody ever met Frankie da Pope before, or at least not as splendidly as Trump did.

(I've revised my estimate of Trump's vocabulary down from 600-800 to around 500, aka "special needs" level.)
Surely you're not suggesting Trump needs a short, yellow Air Force One.

Why not? Wouldn't be the first time he said he had a great friendship with an eastern European leader he also hadn't ever met.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 11:26 AM   #92
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Our president isn't even a person. It's a wet spot on the sheets with some pubic hair stuck to it that stood up one day and got into the was handed a real estate business.

FTFY.

I expect that Trump's father, fully aware of his son's temperament and potential, realized that there was no way he could ever make it on his own.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 11:44 AM   #93
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
However, Trump's mentality requires him to wear a dunce cap while sitting in a corner.
And, even more, his constant and consistent bad behavior!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 11:45 AM   #94
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
As opposed to Trump - who has them rolling in the aisles ?

But seriously, it's an interesting suggestion that foreign countries' leaders need to be afraid of the US in general and its President personally to come to engage diplomatically. History seems to suggest otherwise but as always YMMV
You beat me to your first line above!!! Well ninjaed!!!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 11:47 AM   #95
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Our president isn't even a person. It's a wet spot on the sheets with some pubic hair stuck to it that stood up one day and got into the real estate business.
I do wish I had said that!! So much truth in so few words!!!!!!!
Old 26th May 2017, 11:51 AM   #96
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Bringing an example of how Trump is being an ass to a major ally and trading partner in a thread about how Trump is an ass is confusing to you?
Better take a rest.
Actually Trump is quite clearly an entire ass - indeed a whole ass!!!!!!!
Old 26th May 2017, 11:52 AM   #97
fuelair
Banned

But the man gives us so much material.
Admittedly he does nicely provide us freely with that. But he does not seem to realize that is what he is doing!!!!!!!
Old 26th May 2017, 12:28 PM   #98
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Deflect.Deflect.Deflect. The standard GOP defense when it comes to defending the latest idiocy of Donald Trump.
Yes, of course, because he needs to be defended for having the unmitigated gall to move his way through a crowd.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 12:45 PM   #99
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Trump is an idiot and a liar who is currently ruining the United States, so it doesn't surprise me what that clown says.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 12:50 PM   #100
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Might a suggest a change in thread title, perhaps to "Trump is a Rump"? The current one is insulting to Equus africanus asinus.
Old 26th May 2017, 01:23 PM   #101
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Trump trying to undermind NATO over Article 5. Perhaps, Putin is the person pulling Trump's strings.

Quote:
Trump’s NATO Article 5 problem

President Trump is the only American president since NATO’s founding who has not explicitly endorsed Article 5.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...cle-5-problem/
Time for Trump to resign
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 01:27 PM   #102
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Yes, of course, because he needs to be defended for having the unmitigated gall to move his way through a crowd.
Through a crowd?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 07:17 PM   #103
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Jovial shove? Surely that's taking it too far.

How about a "cordial collision" or a "jocular jostle" instead?

I'd even accept a "benign bump" or a "spontaneous gerrymander."
It was clearly not serious, if it had been the PM would have grabbed Trump by the throat and body slammed him, then punched him a few times for good measure, after all that is how politicians of things these days.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 07:30 PM   #104
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
It was clearly not serious, if it had been the PM would have grabbed Trump by the throat and body slammed him, then punched him a few times for good measure, after all that is how politicians of things these days.
Ah, but Trump cannot be grappled. He exudes slime from specialized cells on his scalp.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 02:13 AM   #105
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Mod WarningMany posts moved to AAH. Please be mindful of your MA, and please keep to the topic of the thread.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 02:19 AM   #106
Parsman
Muse

Its a club.
Are you going to render an opinion again on what you could not know?
I'm only basing my opinion on their faces, do they look offended to you?
They look disbelieving, that half smile you give when you are thinking to yourself "did I REALLY just see that???" No-one half civilized or with an ounce of manners would behave like Trump did there, so that would seem the best understanding of their reaction.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 03:35 AM   #107
Lurch
Master Poster

All faces but one are of civilized human beings.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 04:44 AM   #108
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
They look disbelieving, that half smile you give when you are thinking to yourself "did I REALLY just see that???" No-one half civilized or with an ounce of manners would behave like Trump did there, so that would seem the best understanding of their reaction.
They acted like statesmen in the face of buffoonery.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 05:19 AM   #109
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Might a suggest a change in thread title, perhaps to "Trump is a Rump"? The current one is insulting to Equus africanus asinus.
I think the OP is referring to wild ass.

Asses of the world unite, and protest against this outrage!

This calls for my stock picture of wild ass Equus africanus somaliensis.

Asses don't shove people aside. "Not my President".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg somali wild ass - st Louis zoo.jpg (58.6 KB, 4 views)

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 06:14 AM   #110
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

An ambiguity that would be solved by adoption of the UK English "arse."
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 07:11 AM   #111
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I do wish I had said that!! So much truth in so few words!!!!!!!
Thanks, you can use it if you want. I won't even ask for attribution.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2017, 07:12 AM   #112
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Trump trying to undermind NATO over Article 5. Perhaps, Putin is the person pulling Trump's strings.

Time for Trump to resign
That's kind of a dick move since the only Article 5 has been invoked was on 9/11 to protect us.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics