IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 12th April 2017, 09:49 PM   #1
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Trump: learn while you earn

Isn't the USA a wonderful country? Even a completely ignorant person can be elected to the Presidency with no experience and no knowledge and learn on the job! So I thought I would start this thread by listing just a few of the things that Trump has learned in just the past 100 days:

1. Health insurance is complicated!

2. Russia is probably not our best friend!

3. al-Assad is not a nice person!

4. Fanatically crazy right-wing white-supremists are not ideal National Security Council members!

5. It would be a bad idea to declare China to be a currency manipulator!

6. NATO is not obsolete!

I stopped at six for now just because I am soon to head to bed. Not because I've run out of additional examples where Trump has discovered facts in the past few weeks that everyone else knew for their entire lives.

Of course there will be some posters who will declare how wonderful it is that Trump is willing to reconsider his positions. Well, my own expectations for a President of the USA are that they should BEGIN with some basic knowledge, rather than having to learn the fundamentals of the job by making mistake after mistake that place the USA and the world at risk.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Who would have thunk that Donald Trump has no idea what he is doing?
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2017, 09:53 PM   #3
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

It's the new version of "The Apprentice." With Trump as the title character!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 04:47 AM   #4
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I'm hoping 7. will be a Very Special Episode where he learns what happens when you mix bleach and ammonia.
Old 13th April 2017, 05:11 AM   #5
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Hey, another masterclass for our hero:
Quote:
He said they hit it off during their first discussion. Mr. Trump said he told his Chinese counterpart he believed Beijing could easily take care of the North Korea threat. Mr. Xi then explained the history of China and Korea, Mr. Trump said.

“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy,” Mr. Trump recounted. “I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power” over North Korea,” he said. “But it’s not what you would think.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...rea-1492027556

By his second term he may learn what the Federal Reserve does.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:27 AM   #6
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

My First Political OfficeTM
Old 13th April 2017, 05:27 AM   #7
3point14
Pi

Whoever gets the gig in 2020 is going to look like the best president ever!

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:33 AM   #8
TraneWreck
Philosopher

I also enjoy that the "America First" guy is learning about foreign policy matters from other countries with their own agenda.

"China just told me that Tibet and Taiwan are theirs. I had no idea. All those monks trying to steal land from China, SAD!"

"Hey, I just got done talking to Hitler. He told me the Sudetenland was all German, anyway. Totally cool that he annexed it."
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:34 AM   #9
TheRealnz
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by TraneWreck View Post

So pretty much Trump said that China'smuch weaker than he thought.

Last edited by TheRealnz; 13th April 2017 at 05:41 AM.
TheRealnz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:35 AM   #10
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

... By his second term he may learn what the Federal Reserve does.
I thought it was a Judaeo-Commie plot designed to destroy the economy of the USA by issuing phoney paper money not backed by gold coin.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:40 AM   #11
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?

Totally fake news.

I mean, Trump listening to someone for 10 minutes?
Old 13th April 2017, 05:47 AM   #12
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TheRealnz View Post
So pretty much Trump said that China'smuch weaker than he thought.
Well, I suppose if you, like Trump, believed the relationship between China and North Korea was Employer-Employee, then the revelation would be some sort of weakening.

"What do you mean? I told China they should fire North Korea. They can't do that? Whoa, this is way more complicated than I thought."
Old 13th April 2017, 06:25 AM   #13
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

7. Building a wall take some time and cost the US taxpayers money and a few taxpayers their land.

8. Golfing at every opportunity while president is not such a bad thing.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 06:33 AM   #14
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
It's the new version of "The Apprentice." With Trump as the title character!
Can't wait for him to be fired.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 06:34 AM   #15
Belz...
Fiend God

Well, I suppose if you, like Trump, believed the relationship between China and North Korea was Employer-Employee, then the revelation would be some sort of weakening.

"What do you mean? I told China they should fire North Korea. They can't do that? Whoa, this is way more complicated than I thought."
"Nobody knew international relations would be this complicated!"

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 07:15 AM   #16
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Me!, me!, me!!!! I knew it!!!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 07:16 AM   #17
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I'm hoping 7. will be a Very Special Episode where he learns what happens when you mix bleach and ammonia.
In a small sealed room - no window or exhaust fans would be good!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 04:49 PM   #18
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Bumping the thread only because the NY Times just came out with a good list:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/15/o...nvictions.html
Old 15th April 2017, 04:55 PM   #19
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Can't wait for him to be fired.
Out of a cannon straight into a 10-foot thick concrete wall?

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 06:07 PM   #20
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Isn't the USA a wonderful country? Even a completely ignorant person can be elected to the Presidency with no experience and no knowledge and learn on the job! So I thought I would start this thread by listing just a few of the things that Trump has learned in just the past 100 days:

1. Health insurance is complicated!

2. Russia is probably not our best friend!

3. al-Assad is not a nice person!

4. Fanatically crazy right-wing white-supremists are not ideal National Security Council members!

5. It would be a bad idea to declare China to be a currency manipulator!

6. NATO is not obsolete!

I stopped at six for now just because I am soon to head to bed. Not because I've run out of additional examples where Trump has discovered facts in the past few weeks that everyone else knew for their entire lives.

Of course there will be some posters who will declare how wonderful it is that Trump is willing to reconsider his positions. Well, my own expectations for a President of the USA are that they should BEGIN with some basic knowledge, rather than having to learn the fundamentals of the job by making mistake after mistake that place the USA and the world at risk.
And yet even the entry-level positions I'm applying for require at least a year of experience.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 06:08 PM   #21
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Guys, you know I went to some effort to resurrect a general Trump thread for the last few posts here....
Old 15th April 2017, 06:38 PM   #22
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Guys, you know I went to some effort to resurrect a general Trump thread for the last few posts here....
But you only did it because it's Easter.

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2017, 02:23 AM   #23
TubbaBlubba
Knave of the Dudes

9. Lincoln was a republican.
Old 16th April 2017, 03:11 AM   #24
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Whoever gets the gig in 2020 is going to look like the best president ever!

Trump raised 13.2 million. Hillary, um, well, er, a little slow on the starting line.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
Don't ask what happened to Schrodinger's dog.
Solitaire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2017, 11:20 AM   #25
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

The entire politics subforum is a Trump thread.
Old 16th April 2017, 12:02 PM   #26
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
The entire politics subforum is a Trump thread.
It's the best sub-forum!
Old 16th April 2017, 12:50 PM   #27
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Or that he would take the job then fairly quickly go on an extended vacation.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2017, 01:23 PM   #28
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

_. If you want to hold an Easter Egg Roll, you need to order eggs in time.
Old 16th April 2017, 01:27 PM   #29
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Jesus is going to be so disappointed.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2017, 01:47 PM   #30
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post

8. Golfing at every opportunity while president is not such a bad thing.

Unless you happen to have an aviation business in the area or being a pilot who inadvertently smashed through the no-fly zone during Trump's visit at Mar-a-Lago
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 08:40 PM   #31
TraneWreck
Philosopher

I also enjoy that the "America First" guy is learning about foreign policy matters from other countries with their own agenda.

"China just told me that Tibet and Taiwan are theirs. I had no idea. All those monks trying to steal land from China, SAD!"

"Hey, I just got done talking to Hitler. He told me the Sudetenland was all German, anyway. Totally cool that he annexed it."
Just want to circle back to this.

Our doofus in chief managed to ignite a bit of an international incident with South Korea (this seems like maybe the wrong time to piss off South Korea?):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

He said that Korea used to be "part of China."

So, after his 10 minute history lesson with the president of China, Trump starts spouting Chinese propaganda.

In-***********-credible. It's kind of a problem when your president doesn't know anything and can effortlessly be swayed by invested parties. He doesn't even know that what he said was deeply troubling to our ally. He just had a 10 minute conversation and thinks he knows how the world works.

Just amazing.
Old 21st April 2017, 08:56 PM   #32
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Korea was part of Japan from 1910 to 1945. Perhaps Trump would like to give it back to them as well?
Old 24th April 2017, 10:11 AM   #33
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Another lesson for our truly tremendous president:

Quote:
During his meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel last month, Trump insisted on to negotiating a trade deal between the U.S. and Germany, only to be shut down numerous times. ‘You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,'” a senior German official told the Times of London.

“On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, ‘Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then,'” the official added.

Merkel explained to Trump that he must instead negotiate with the EU in its entirety after his administration’s efforts to reach out to the nations individually had been denied. Merkel also said to her own cabinet members that Trump only had “very basic misunderstandings” regarding the “fundamentals” of the EU and multinational trade agreements.
http://www.salon.com/2017/04/24/art-...uropean-union/

I suppose I would prefer he learn from Merkel as opposed to Xi.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics