IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 10:23 AM   #361
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Originally Posted by logger View Post
So the republicans were different in Clintons two terms, he got impeached for crying out loud! Try again!
I mean, this is easy to prove:

Last edited by TraneWreck; 11th May 2017 at 10:25 AM.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:25 AM   #362
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Usually the President doesn't have a senate whose sole objective is to stop him achieving anything and yet Obama managed to turn the economy around, repair US relations with many key allies, get ACA passed and stopped torture to name but a few things.
Here we go again, trying to change history that somehow Obama was this great compromiser. It's truly fascinating. He turned the economy around? How?

Repair US relations, with a reset button? The world is on 🔥

Yes he did stop our military from getting information from bad guys.
And he did ruin our healthcare system which is getting ready to implode on itself
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:26 AM   #363
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by TraneWreck View Post
I mean, this is easy to prove:
Lol
Thanks for making my point.

Obama the great compromiser.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:27 AM   #364
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Lol
Thanks for making my point.

Obama the great compromiser.
Right, but again, your point is absurd. Obama tried to compromise, but he was rebuffed. This chart is yet more evidence of that.

Trust me, we're all familiar with your silly games.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:32 AM   #365
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Here we go again, trying to change history that somehow Obama was this great compromiser. It's truly fascinating. He turned the economy around? How?
I was responding your your allegation that Obama achieved nothing and that this was an indicator that he didn't compromise. I was pointing out that he got a lot done.

Repair US relations, with a reset button? The world is on 🔥
...and yet it was far worse under Bush and looks to be getting far worse under Trump. At least under Obama the US was only in conflict with its enemies, now it's also in conflict with its allies

Yes he did stop our military from getting information from bad guys.
And he did ruin our healthcare system which is getting ready to implode on itself
Ruined a system which was about the most expensive in the world but had some of the poorest outcomes in the developed world ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:33 AM   #366
logger
Banned

Right, but again, your point is absurd. Obama tried to compromise, but he was rebuffed. This chart is yet more evidence of that.

Trust me, we're all familiar with your silly games.
Like every liberal, obama tried! He failed but tried, lets make him the great failing compromiser.

The chart is evidence of his failure to move anything forward, why, because he wouldn't compromise. You always make this easy!
Old 11th May 2017, 10:35 AM   #367
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Like every liberal, obama tried! He failed but tried, lets make him the great failing compromiser.

The chart is evidence of his failure to move anything forward, why, because he wouldn't compromise. You always make this easy!
Well, when you're not bound by the limits of fact and reality, I guess it is pretty easy to generate glib, unconvincing responses.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:35 AM   #368
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I was responding your your allegation that Obama achieved nothing and that this was an indicator that he didn't compromise. I was pointing out that he got a lot done.
In his first two years when he didn't have to, dare I say it, compromise

Quote:
...and yet it was far worse under Bush and looks to be getting far worse under Trump. At least under Obama the US was only in conflict with its enemies, now it's also in conflict with its allies
The republican always has to clean up after the democrat.

Quote:
Ruined a system which was about the most expensive in the world but had some of the poorest outcomes in the developed world ?
So you agree he ruined it?
Old 11th May 2017, 10:37 AM   #369
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

I'll go ahead and add compromise to the list of terms you don't understand as well then.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:44 AM   #370
logger
Banned

Well, when you're not bound by the limits of fact and reality, I guess it is pretty easy to generate glib, unconvincing responses.
lol
When a president is given the label of a compromiser, he usually has things to show for it. look at what Clinton was able to get done with bipartisan support.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:46 AM   #371
TraneWreck
Philosopher

lol
When a president is given the label of a compromiser, he usually has things to show for it. look at what Clinton was able to get done with bipartisan support.
Yawn. You gave him the "label of a compromiser," whatever that means.

Obama was a centrist who tried to compromise over and over and was rebuffed by extreme, dishonest, racist Republicans.

This is what happened in reality. I don't know what version you get from the deranged media spewing ******** that you gobble up so eagerly.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:46 AM   #372
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
I'll go ahead and add compromise to the list of terms you don't understand as well then.
Why don't you just put up Obamas list of great legislative compromises.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:48 AM   #373
logger
Banned

Obama was a centrist who tried to compromise over and over and was rebuffed by extreme, dishonest, racist Republicans.

Lol
******* hilarious.

Unless Obama was the extreme dishonest leftist?
Old 11th May 2017, 10:56 AM   #374
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

First give us a list of people, besides yourself, who have labeled Obama a compromiser.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:56 AM   #375
Belz...
Fiend God

Here we do again, pretending to have no knowledge of facts.

GOP obstructionism during Obama's terms is a fact.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:57 AM   #376
Belz...
Fiend God

lol.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:57 AM   #377
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
First give us a list of people, besides yourself, who have labeled Obama a compromiser.
TraneWreck?
Old 11th May 2017, 10:59 AM   #378
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Here we do again, pretending to have no knowledge of facts.

GOP obstructionism during Obama's terms is a fact.
Did you think they republicans should have just stepped out of the way? Aren't you one of those down the middle compromising advocates?
Old 11th May 2017, 11:09 AM   #379
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Lol
******* hilarious.

No, he was a centrist. Again, this is reality. I would recommend avoiding the media establishments that feed you ******** so that you can join us in the real world.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:13 AM   #380
TraneWreck
Philosopher

TraneWreck?
I said that Obama wanted to compromise. I have no idea what you mean when you say "compromiser."

You transparently shifted from a discussion of whether Obama reached out to Republicans (which he did, over and over) to a standard of "completed compromises."

It was fairly trivial to show the latter, given my familiarity with reality, but the primary dynamic of the Obama years was Obama trying to arrive at a compromise and being denied.

Whether that is a "compromiser" or not, we can never know since you seem to have a different meaning for that term than those of use inhabiting reality.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:13 AM   #381
Belz...
Fiend God

Did you think they republicans should have just stepped out of the way? Aren't you one of those down the middle compromising advocates?
Well, yeah, which is why the fact that you think "not being an obstructionist" means "stepping out of the way" is so hilarious: you have no idea what compromise entails.

So let's add "compromise" to he list of words, like leftists, that mean absolutely nothing to you.

Old 11th May 2017, 11:21 AM   #382
Spindrift

TraneWreck?
Let me be more precise. Someone outside this forum.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 11:47 AM   #383
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

A good compromise leaves both sides unhappy.
Under Obama, for Republicans it was all about not letting the President get anything done, even Romney's healthcare reform.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:47 AM   #384
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
At times I think that a certain poster here is not a real right winger, but a Leftie trying to make the right look as stupid and ignorant as possible.
Gilding the lilly, mate.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 11:53 AM   #385
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

ClaudeTaylor@TrueFactsStated
MORE: I'm told the name of the GOP firm that was served with Warrant in Annapolis is Strategic Campaign Group. strategiccampaigngroup.com

This and talk of a great deal of judicial activity on Twitter. Stuff is happening.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:11 PM   #386
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Caroline O@RVAwonk
JFC. Trump just admitted to Lester Holt that he *called FBI Director Comey* and *asked if he was under investigation*.
https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/862731538995310593

That admission cannot be good for Trump
Old 11th May 2017, 12:16 PM   #387
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Caroline O@RVAwonk
JFC. Trump just admitted to Lester Holt that he *called FBI Director Comey* and *asked if he was under investigation*.

Obstruction of Justice is a crime? Who knew corruption could be so hard?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:17 PM   #388
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Caroline O@RVAwonk

Help me out. Why not? Can you explain it for those who might not understand the significance?
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:19 PM   #389
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Ale @aliasvaughn
The GOP fundraiser/consulting firm whose offices are being searched by FBI is Strategic Campaign Group. Tied to guess who? MANAFORT.

https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/stat...44094023483394
Old 11th May 2017, 12:21 PM   #390
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Help me out. Why not? Can you explain it for those who might not understand the significance?
It looks like a degree of intereference in a judicial proceeding against himself. There has been a lot of previous talk about the need for Trump to stand back from any investigation.
Old 11th May 2017, 12:28 PM   #391
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

With picture:
David Collins @dcollinsWBAL

FBI executing a warrant 191 Main Street Annapolis. The office of strategic campaign group. The FBI seen here blocking glass door from view
https://twitter.com/dcollinswbal/sta...41485560758276
Old 11th May 2017, 12:42 PM   #392
Spindrift

With picture:
David Collins @dcollinsWBAL

FBI executing a warrant 191 Main Street Annapolis. The office of strategic campaign group. The FBI seen here blocking glass door from view
https://twitter.com/dcollinswbal/sta...41485560758276
The Donald must be throwing a massive hissy fit. Can't wait for the idiotic tweets in response to this.
Old 11th May 2017, 12:51 PM   #393
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

The Donald must be throwing a massive hissy fit. Can't wait for the idiotic tweets in response to this.
Absolutely if previous reports of meltdowns are to be believed.

The other name being linked on Twitter to the Strategic Campaign Group, target of current FBI raids, is Trump campaign advisor Roger Stone.
Old 11th May 2017, 12:59 PM   #394
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Quote:
New acting FBI director contradicts White House on Comey

(CNN)Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe Thursday rejected assertions by the White House that FBI employees had lost faith in James Comey and that the bureau's probe into Russian election meddling was one of its most minor concerns.

"I hold Director Comey in the absolute highest regard. I have the highest respect for his considerable abilities and his integrity," McCabe told members of the Senate intelligence committee.

He said Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, enjoyed "broad support within the FBI and still does to this day." He added, "The majority, the vast majority of FBI employees enjoyed a deep, positive connection to Director Comey."

McCabe also contradicted another statement by Sanders in Wednesday's White House briefing when she said that the Russia investigation was "probably one of the smallest things" on the FBI's plate.

"We consider it to be a highly significant investigation," McCabe said, but declined to give details of the manpower involved in the probe.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politi...tee/index.html

It's time for Trump to leave the White House and turn over the presidency to someone who is capable of running the United States of America.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 01:01 PM   #395
Spindrift

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
It's time for Trump to leave the White House and turn over the presidency to someone who is capable of running the United States of America.
Unfortunately, that means Pence who I think is a bigger danger. Right-wing demagogue wannabe who is reasonably competent, gets along with the GOP leadership and knows how to get things done.
Old 11th May 2017, 01:04 PM   #396
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Unfortunately, that means Pence who I think is a bigger danger. Right-wing demagogue wannabe who is reasonably competent, gets along with the GOP leadership and knows how to get things done.
It is the old Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil debate.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 01:06 PM   #397
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

If pence and trump wanted to they'd have brought back prima noctis long before now.
Old 11th May 2017, 01:07 PM   #398
Spindrift

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
It is the old Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil debate.
I think of it as plain ole Evil vs Idiotic Evil.
Old 11th May 2017, 01:08 PM   #399
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by NWO Sentryman View Post
If pence and trump wanted to they'd have brought back prima noctis long before now.
Trump has all the young women he wants, regardless of if they want him or not, and Pence can't even stand to work with women
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 01:12 PM   #400
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Trump has all the young women he wants, regardless of if they want him or not, and Pence can't even stand to work with women
When trump won the election people acted as though prima noctis was going to be implemented across the us and black people would be shoved into crematoria. So far neither has happened.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics