IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 04:41 PM   #321
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

What an idiot! White House lawyers had to repeatedly advise the Orange Menace not to reach out to Flynn.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-michael-flynn
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th May 2017, 06:30 PM   #322
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by TraneWreck View Post
Let's see:

-Attempted many times to include Republicans in health care negotiations
More opinions, how about specifics!

Quote:
-Begged Republicans to make a deal with him to reform entitlements.
Begged them? Is that compromise. Usually it starts with him coming up with a plan, then including provisions they like. You're welcome!
Quote:
-Obama resisted calls by Congressional Democrats to pursue criminal charges against Bush admin folks.
Resisted? How? Did they do something worthy of prosecution?
Quote:
-Obama named 3 Republicans to his cabinet
Ah compromise. Are you sure it wasn't because of their experience.
Quote:
-He tried to work with them in general capacities:
Do you see how foolish you look saying this?

Quote:
-Extended the Bush tax cuts:
Which year was that?

Quote:
-Tried to promote bipartisan solution to debt ceiling:
Ahh he tried like a community organizer could. More opinion.

Quote:
Seriously, I can keep going. It was the defining characteristic of Obama's first term: attempt after attempt to accommodate, negotiate, and work with Republicans only to be rebuffed time and time again, even when he was giving them exactly what they asked for.
Lol
You're going to have to, because you failed miserably!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th May 2017, 06:45 PM   #323
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Originally Posted by logger View Post
I don't know how to get more specific than a Republican Congressman talking about his negotiations with the White House.

Quote:
Begged them? Is that compromise. Usually it starts with him coming up with a plan, then including provisions they like. You're welcome!
Good lord, it shouldn't surprise me, but your ignorance is astonishing.

Chained CPI? 2014 budget negotiations, Obama offered to cut SS and Medicare in exchange for revenue increases from Republicans - you know, negotiations. Republicans turned him down, fortunately.

Quote:
Resisted? How? Did they do something worthy of prosecution?
Many Democrats felt so. That's not really at issue. Whether you believe it or not, Obama set aside any and all investigations into Bush era behavior to appease Republicans.

Quote:
Ah compromise. Are you sure it wasn't because of their experience.
How do you think that contradicts what I said? Obama tried to create a very centrist cabinet and wanted to bridge the political divide so he chose Republicans for cabinet positions.

They were, of course, qualified. He needed to appoint inept, inexperienced Republican boobs like Trump in order to satisfy your ever-shifting criteria?

How many Democrats are in Trump's cabinet? Bush's?

Quote:
Do you see how foolish you look saying this?
Haha, it's when you start flailing like this that it becomes obvious that you don't even believe your own ********.

Obama tried to set up regular meetings with Republicans to discuss ideas they could cooperate on.

Quote:
Which year was that?

Quote:
Ahh he tried like a community organizer could. More opinion.
Ah, your usual refrain. What, exactly, have you contributed beyond your unsourced, ignorant thoughts?

He helped organize a bipartisan group of Senators to develop a solution both parties could agree with. This is not my opinion as I quoted Obama speaking favorably about the effort.

This is evidence of Obama trying to work with Republicans to develop bipartisan legislation.

Quote:
Lol
You're going to have to, because you failed miserably!
Yeah, every single on of those items was substantiated and undercut your stupid point.

You say "lol" because you literally have nothing else.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th May 2017, 07:46 PM   #324
logger
Banned

I don't know how to get more specific than a Republican Congressman talking about his negotiations with the White House.
I'll help you since you can't. Getting together with republican leadership to hammer out an actual compromise. You using a quote from a liberal is as usual a joke.
Quote:

Chained CPI? 2014 budget negotiations, Obama offered to cut SS and Medicare in exchange for revenue increases from Republicans - you know, negotiations. Republicans turned him down, fortunately.
Turned him down? Obama changed his mind. It was never a serious offer and laughable that you thought it was.

Quote:
Many Democrats felt so. That's not really at issue. Whether you believe it or not, Obama set aside any and all investigations into Bush era behavior to appease Republicans.
He set them aside because they had NOTHING!

Quote:
How do you think that contradicts what I said? Obama tried to create a very centrist cabinet and wanted to bridge the political divide so he chose Republicans for cabinet positions.

They were, of course, qualified. He needed to appoint inept, inexperienced Republican boobs like Trump in order to satisfy your ever-shifting criteria?

The closes people to him are democrats. Trump is not conservative. Did you think draining the swamp meant bringing in a bunch of establishment democrats?

Quote:
Haha, it's when you start flailing like this that it becomes obvious that you don't even believe your own ********.
Saying obama worked with them in general capacities is the definition of flailing. Which of course makes you look foolish.
Quote:
Obama tried to set up regular meetings with Republicans to discuss ideas they could cooperate on.
Sadly he couldn't strike a compromise.

Quote:
Ah, your usual refrain. What, exactly, have you contributed beyond your unsourced, ignorant thoughts?
Proving how foolish your ridiculous claims are?
Quote:
He helped organize a bipartisan group of Senators to develop a solution both parties could agree with. This is not my opinion as I quoted Obama speaking favorably about the effort.
This is evidence of Obama trying to work with Republicans to develop bipartisan legislation
Both parties could agree with? As it failed, your side will claim he tried. His whole administration was set up to fail because he could not compromise in meaningful ways.

Clinton is never characterized that way, he made major compromises with republicans to have a lasting legacy of great economic growth.

Quote:
Yeah, every single on of those items was substantiated and undercut your stupid point.

No, you've failed in proving the point as you usually do. Obama was and is one of he most partisan presidents we've had. Your first clue would be his failed presidency. Now we have Trump and I hope he doesn't compromise at all.

Last edited by logger; 10th May 2017 at 07:57 PM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th May 2017, 07:58 PM   #325
TraneWreck
Philosopher

No, you've failed in proving the point as you usually do.
No, I did. This is the game you play. It's old and tired and not convincing.

As usual, our exchange has gone on long enough to prove to anyone willing to read how utterly without substance your worldview is.

Last edited by TraneWreck; 10th May 2017 at 07:59 PM.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th May 2017, 08:01 PM   #326
logger
Banned

No, I did. This is the game you play. It's old and tired and not convincing.
One would think with all this compromising Obama did you could show at least one compromise that was carried through. Clinton had many compromises that could be shown. Another clue how your president was a failure.
Old 10th May 2017, 08:03 PM   #327
logger
Banned

As usual, our exchange has gone on long enough to prove to anyone willing to read how utterly without substance your worldview is.
Lol
Long enough to see Obama was a partisan hack and you and others thinking he was some great compromiser is just more fantasy land!
Old 10th May 2017, 08:06 PM   #328
TraneWreck
Philosopher

One would think with all this compromising Obama did you could show at least one compromise that was carried through. Clinton had many compromises that could be shown. Another clue how your president was a failure.
Yeah, that's moving the goal posts. Obama offered endless compromises, as I and others have shown, but the Republicans decided to refuse to work with him. Turned out to benefit them politically, but it is totally incorrect to assert that Obama didn't reach out to them.

As for accepted compromises:

Quote:
President Obama announced a tentative deal with Congressional Republicans on Monday to extend the Bush-era tax cuts at all income levels for two years as part of a package that would also keep benefits flowing to the long-term unemployed, cut payroll taxes for all workers for a year and take other steps to bolster the economy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/us...anted=all&_r=0

You're completely wrong, as usual.
Old 10th May 2017, 09:25 PM   #329
rustypouch
Philosopher

This is evidence of Obama trying to work with Republicans to develop bipartisan legislation.

Why bother trying? You know facts don't matter to Republicans and trolls.

Last edited by rustypouch; 10th May 2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: By
rustypouch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th May 2017, 11:52 PM   #330
skyeagle409
Master Poster

White House in turmoil.

Quote:
Sean Spicer under fire during crucial week for Trump

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is out of the briefing room this week, and already there is speculation about his future.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/10/medi...job/index.html

It's time to stump, and then dump, the dumb Trump.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:04 AM   #331
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
White House in turmoil.

It's time to stump, and then dump, the dumb Trump.
If I was Spicey I would quit. Being Trump's press secretary has to be an absolutely terrible job.

ETA: I didn't know he is in the Navy.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 11th May 2017 at 12:09 AM.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:06 AM   #332
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Dumb Trump was warned not the appoint Flynn, but dumb Trump appointed Flynn anyway despite the warnings and the fact that Flynn was fired by Obama. Goes to show that Trump is too dumb to be president.

Quote:
Senate Intel Committee Subpoenas Michael Flynn in Russia Probe

President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, retired Gen. Michael Flynn, was subpoenaed by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday.

The committee, led by Sens. Richard Burr, R-North Carolina, and Mark Warner, D-Virginia, said it requested documents that members believe to be relevant to its investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-probe-n757661
Stump and then dump, dumb Trump.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:16 AM   #333
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Lol
Long enough to see Obama was a partisan hack and you and others thinking he was some great compromiser is just more fantasy land!

Speaking of hacking, whatever happened to dumb Trump's evidence that Obama spied on him? Was Trump's evidence abducted by aliens? After all, Trump is proving that he's spaced-out with each passing day.

Quote:
Post-Comey Firing, Trump Impeachment Is 'What the Country and the World Need'

New petition says FBI director's firing adds "another powerful reason for [Trump's] impeachment."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...and-world-need
Old 11th May 2017, 12:25 AM   #334
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Speaking of hacking, whatever happened to dumb Trump's evidence that Obama spied on him? Was Trump's evidence abducted by aliens? After all, Trump is proving that he's spaced-out with each passing day.
Doesn't matter. Now a significant proportion of the US electorate think Obama did tap his phones and another large portion aren't sure but aren't that bothered that the claims are baseless.

The accusations did their job. Hardly anyone remembers that Jeff Sessions perjured himself (and not all of them actually care). Trump's failure to progress many of his key policies has been kept off the front page and Trump has lost little or no support as a result of the accusations.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 12:37 AM   #335
Noztradamus
Illuminator

Do you think those missiles that North Korea tows on the parade route are real?
Yes. Do you think they are CGI? (Real what is another question)
Old 11th May 2017, 01:30 AM   #336
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Doesn't matter. Now a significant proportion of the US electorate think Obama did tap his phones and another large portion aren't sure but aren't that bothered that the claims are baseless.

The accusations did their job. Hardly anyone remembers that Jeff Sessions perjured himself (and not all of them actually care). Trump's failure to progress many of his key policies has been kept off the front page and Trump has lost little or no support as a result of the accusations.
I don't think this is entirelly fair considering Trump's opinion polls. There's an idiot core of supporters who won't shift for any reason, but other than that, Trump doesn't have much support among the populace. GOP politicians are another matter. To make them flinch, their own prospects need to be threatened. I believe that's coming.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 01:48 AM   #337
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
I don't think this is entirelly fair considering Trump's opinion polls.
Why not, most people don't seem to be that bothered. For sure Trump is gradually ebbing support but there's no indication of large-scale public outrage.

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
There's an idiot core of supporters who won't shift for any reason, but other than that, Trump doesn't have much support among the populace. GOP politicians are another matter. To make them flinch, their own prospects need to be threatened. I believe that's coming.
Trump is still at 84% among Republicans and at 40% (and rising) among independents (which is his highest among them since January)

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/pr...ald-trump.aspx

What is unusual is that he has almost no support from the Democratic Party supporters. IMO that's more indicative of the partisanship at the heart of US politics rather than it being specifically a comment on his (lack of) performance.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 01:59 AM   #338
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump is burning bridges/ships , whatever metaphor you want.
Until there is a Republican contender sufficiently removed from Trump (i.e. not Pence until he grows a spine), there is no place for the party to shift TO.
So don't expect any wavering of support for the administration until Trump starts purging where it hurts the GOP personally.
Old 11th May 2017, 02:11 AM   #339
Belz...
Fiend God

Irony. If only you held yourself to such a high standard.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 02:29 AM   #340
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Why not, most people don't seem to be that bothered. For sure Trump is gradually ebbing support but there's no indication of large-scale public outrage.
I don't have a direct line to the US public, so I wouldn't know. What I do know is that the pressure is on from the press. That Trump is feeling the pressure should be obvious by now.

Trump is still at 84% among Republicans and at 40% (and rising) among independents (which is his highest among them since January)

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/pr...ald-trump.aspx
Aggregated polls show his job approval at 42 % approve, 53 % disapprove, with a negative trend, and favorability at 41.8 favorable, 54.2 unfavorable, also with a negative trend.

What is unusual is that he has almost no support from the Democratic Party supporters. IMO that's more indicative of the partisanship at the heart of US politics rather than it being specifically a comment on his (lack of) performance.
It's likely both. Trump's policies should be anathema for any DEM voter.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 07:13 AM   #341
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
Why bother trying? You know facts don't matter to Republicans and trolls.
You are correct. I respond out of a combination of poor impulse control - SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET - and because proving the case reminds me where the facts are.

But yes, it is totally worthless.
Old 11th May 2017, 08:44 AM   #342
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Now he claims to have come up with the phrase "prime the pump". Can he get any stupider?

http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

Quote:
But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?
It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll…you understand the expression “prime the pump”?
Yes.
We have to prime the pump.
It’s very Keynesian.
We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event? Priming the pump? Yeah, have you heard it?
Yes.
Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 08:47 AM   #343
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Now he claims to have come up with the phrase "prime the pump". Can he get any stupider?

This guy's the funniest person on Earth.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 08:49 AM   #344
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Delusions of Grandeur
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 08:50 AM   #345
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
Yes. Do you think they are CGI? (Real what is another question)

It doesn't take much to build dummy missiles. Have you taken a closer look at their guns?
Old 11th May 2017, 08:52 AM   #346
TraneWreck
Philosopher

It's beyond stupid. Seriously, if you had a friend or a co-worker who behaved like that, what would you do?

The guy is ********** up.
Old 11th May 2017, 08:54 AM   #347
Belz...
Fiend God

It's beyond stupid. Seriously, if you had a friend or a co-worker who behaved like that, what would you do?

The guy is ********** up.
He's absolutely amazing. That's why he keeps going; he gets attention for what he does because he's hilarious.

And insane.

Old 11th May 2017, 08:58 AM   #348
rustypouch
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
He's absolutely amazing. That's why he keeps going; he gets attention for what he does because he's hilarious.

And insane.
I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but there's this interview:

http://time.com/4775040/donald-trump...ing-president/

I couldn't get through it.

Quote:
We have to humiliate the enemy. And if we don’t humiliate them, we’re going to have our kids continuing to go and fight for ISIS. We have kids leaving this country because they’re so damned good at the internet, ISIS, they’re better at the internet than Google. You know it’s a smart enemy. Believe it or not. And these kids are going over and fighting.
He talks like the clueless old person at the office who no one wants to see unemployed, or a cargo cultist. It's like he's using terms he's heard others talk about, without knowing what they mean.

Last edited by rustypouch; 11th May 2017 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added words.
rustypouch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 08:58 AM   #349
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

....and a couple of days ago too

I mean it's one thing to claim that he came up with it decades ago and that other people "stole" it, but to pretend that it didn't exist in an economic context is just bizarre.
Old 11th May 2017, 08:58 AM   #350
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Another clue how your president was a failure.
Here's one clue of many of just how dumb Trump is. Trump is so dumb that he allowed the Russians to dupe him on photos in the White House, which made Trump a laughing stock in the eyes of the whole world to see. What made it hilarious is that Trump blocked the American media while allowing the Russian media to come in and do its dirty work. To sum that up, Trump has proven once again that he is unfit as president.

Quote:
White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos

Washington (CNN)The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russia's ambassador to the US, a White House official said.

Photos of Wednesday's meeting, taken by a Russian state news media photographer one day after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey amid questions about possible Trump campaign collusion with Moscow, were ultimately posted by Russia's news agency, TASS.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politi...ans/index.html
Dump Dumb Trump

Last edited by skyeagle409; 11th May 2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11th May 2017, 09:02 AM   #351
superfreddy
Muse

Will it happen?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/dona...-white-n757836

Quote:
Trump: ‘Maybe I’ll Release’ Tax Returns After Leaving White House
superfreddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 09:04 AM   #352
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by superfreddy View Post
Yeah, maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Old 11th May 2017, 10:02 AM   #353
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Irony. If only you held yourself to such a high standard.
Yeah, that made my head hurt.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:11 AM   #354
logger
Banned

Yeah, that's moving the goal posts. Obama offered endless compromises, as I and others have shown, but the Republicans decided to refuse to work with him. Turned out to benefit them politically, but it is totally incorrect to assert that Obama didn't reach out to them.
Usually a president that is known for compromising has several major legislative accomplishments. Your first clue is that Obama has one, that you posted. He is not known for being a president that compromised. Why you "feel" this need to change that is bazar.
Quote:
As for accepted compromises:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/us...anted=all&_r=0

You're completely wrong, as usual.
No, it is quite obvious you are wrong in trying to change history. Obama was even known to be aloof, uninvolved, you cannot change that no matter how much you wish it.

So once again it looks like you're in DENIAL!
Old 11th May 2017, 10:17 AM   #355
logger
Banned

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/pr...ald-trump.aspxr

And let's not forget the TDS that plays into that. The left has gone bat **** crazy. Its fun to watch!
Old 11th May 2017, 10:19 AM   #356
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

Usually a president that is known for compromising has several major legislative accomplishments. Your first clue is that Obama has one, that you posted. He is not known for being a president that compromised.
You might want to read up on the history of Obamas presidency, your recollection appears to be faulty.

Usually whichever party is in opposition to government can find common ground on some issues and make progress on legislation that benefits the country as a whole. The GOP during Obamas tenure were obstructionist in the extreme, going so far as complete volte face on several issues, like healthcare, as soon as it was Obama proposing reforms.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:20 AM   #357
TraneWreck
Philosopher

So once again it looks like you're in DENIAL!
Haha. He isn't "known" as a compromiser. That's your argument?

Oh lord.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:20 AM   #358
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by superfreddy View Post
Will it happen?

trump-maybe-i-ll-release-tax-returns-after-leaving-white-house
Could be as early as next week!
alfaniner is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 10:21 AM   #359
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Usually a president that is known for compromising has several major legislative accomplishments.
Usually the President doesn't have a senate whose sole objective is to stop him achieving anything and yet Obama managed to turn the economy around, repair US relations with many key allies, get ACA passed and stopped torture to name but a few things.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:21 AM   #360
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
You might want to read up on the history of Obamas presidency, your recollection appears to be faulty.

Usually whichever party is in opposition to government can find common ground on some issues and make progress on legislation that benefits the country as a whole. The GOP during Obamas tenure were obstructionist in the extreme, going so far as complete volte face on several issues, like healthcare, as soon as it was Obama proposing reforms.
So the republicans were different in Clintons two terms, he got impeached for crying out loud! Try again!
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics