IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Dusko Markovic , NATO incidents , Trump controversies

Old 25th May 2017, 06:59 PM   #41
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
If it weren't for the pre-nup, I bet she'd divorce him in an instant.
I was evilly thinking more along the lines of, she knows he can't divorce her or stop her from living in NY as long as he's POTUS. She doesn't have to put out, just keep up a few public FLOTUS events and spend the money.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 08:37 PM   #42
logger
Banned

Lol
******* unbelievable!

Its clear some you don't know what a jovial shove is?
The "prime minister" clearly had a smile and so did Trump.

Some of you clearly don't get out much!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 08:44 PM   #43
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

ok, so Trump has figured out that

"The Germans are bad, very bad."

... because they sell too many cars to the US.

When Merkel met Trump in the White House, she had to explain 11 times that the US had to negotiate trade deals with the EU,not Germany directly.
Looks like he forgot again.

https://qz.com/992271/trump-reported...m-buying-bmws/
Old 25th May 2017, 08:52 PM   #44
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol
******* unbelievable!

Yeah, that's what it was.
Old 25th May 2017, 09:24 PM   #45
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Lol
******* unbelievable!

Jovial shove? Surely that's taking it too far.

How about a "cordial collision" or a "jocular jostle" instead?

I'd even accept a "benign bump" or a "spontaneous gerrymander."
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 09:34 PM   #46
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

It could even be just "swagger"

You know how these liberal "men"'have a tough time with confident men.
Where I'm from it's called one-upsmanship.
https://www.amazon.com/One-Upmanship.../dp/1258783339
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 09:38 PM   #47
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Being a jerk isn't a sign of confidence. It's a sign of insecurity and immaturity.

Last edited by acbytesla; 25th May 2017 at 09:53 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 09:45 PM   #48
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I thought we should maintain a thread of not his illegal actions or his policy decisions but his childish, selfish or churlish actions. Figure this thread should continue to the end of his Presidency.
What's most significant is that he apparently doesn't have -- and may never have had -- anybody around him who could say "You can't do that!" Most of us have experienced consequences for exercising our darker impulses from tough parents, a demanding teacher or coach, a clergyman, coworkers, a boss, somebody.

If he had even been smacked around by some older kids at school he might have learned a little empathy. And even the meanest corporate jerks usually make an effort to put on a modest public face. But this guy has no filters, internal or external.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 09:52 PM   #49
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

There's nothing "jovial" about shoving someone out of your way without even looking at them. Even demonstrating "confidence" would require some form of personal engagement apart from the shove.

No, the beast decided it needed to be in front of everyone right now and no one else mattered even a little bit until that happened.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 09:55 PM   #50
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
There's nothing "jovial" about shoving someone out of your way without even looking at them. Even demonstrating "confidence" would require some form of personal engagement apart from the shove.

No, the beast decided it needed to be in front of everyone right now and no one else mattered even a little bit until that happened.
Look at what is happening. The rightest snowflakes are applauding these actions. Trump being an ass, and shoving other leaders. A politician attacking a journalist.

Welcome to the new 'normal' where it's acceptable, and 'manly' to bully others as to hide being an insecure prick.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:07 PM   #51
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Lol
******* unbelievable!

And some of us need to change our Conserv-a-Tint spectacles. Look at the total action. I saw behavior like that yesterday; two seven-year olds trying to get ahead in the line to the snack bar at school.

He pulls the guy's shoulder back to simply make room for himself. The Montenegran dude turns, thinking that someone's going to ask him something or say something,... smiling. Trump ignores him, then goes to the "take-up-a-lot-of-space-on-the-subway" stance, straightens out his face and tries to look leaderly.

He's an idiot. You know he's an idiot. Come over to the dark side, logger. We've got cookies and apparently a monopoly on sanity.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 25th May 2017 at 10:10 PM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:08 PM   #52
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
What's most significant is that he apparently doesn't have -- and may never have had -- anybody around him who could say "You can't do that!" Most of us have experienced consequences for exercising our darker impulses from tough parents, a demanding teacher or coach, a clergyman, coworkers, a boss, somebody.

If he had even been smacked around by some older kids at school he might have learned a little empathy. And even the meanest corporate jerks usually make an effort to put on a modest public face. But this guy has no filters, internal or external.
If I had acted like Trump did, my father would have kicked my ass. My mother would just have told me how disappointed she was which for me was more effective. I also had a few teachers and a pastor that set me straight. Logger seems to believe we are all just being partisan. But my question to Logger is why would we do that? To make Pence President?

From my perspective, the Republicans should want to dump Trump more than liberals. It's not like Pence isn't a hard core conservative. The sooner the GOP comes to the realization that this clown is a disaster the better their chances of maintaining a majority.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 12

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th May 2017 at 01:45 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:16 PM   #53
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

People are not quoting the OP. The link needs to show up OFTEN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/25/po...mit/index.html

It really is astonishing and quite revealing. You see the world's biggest baby in action, and get to see him transition from his real persona, that of a churlish toddler to the Mark Burnett reality tv character of Mr. Really Important Businessman.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:24 PM   #54
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
And some of us need to change our Conserv-a-Tint spectacles. Look at the total action. I saw behavior like that yesterday; two seven-year olds trying to get ahead in the line to the snack bar at school.
I'm a partisan, you're a partisan, can we just be okay with it?
Quote:
He pulls the guy's shoulder back to simply make room for himself. The Montenegran dude turns, thinking that someone's going to ask him something or say something,... smiling. Trump ignores him, then goes to the "take-up-a-lot-of-space-on-the-subway" stance, straightens out his face and tries to look
Leaderly.

Quote:
He's an idiot. You know he's an idiot. Come over to the dark side, logger. We've got cookies and apparently a monopoly on sanity.
He's clearly not an idiot, an ass maybe but not an idiot.

But he's our ass and we like him.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:25 PM   #55
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Logger seems to believe we are all just being partisan. But my question to Logger is why would we do that? To make Pence President?
I wouldn't presume to try and guess what logger is thinking but looking at the way that some conservatives behave, the important thing is to attack your opponent without necessarily considering what may follow.

In this case "leftists" hate President Trump so much (because he beat Crooked Hillary and has Made America Great Again) that they will completely misrepresent a bit of locker-room joshing as an international incident. The fact that if they managed to get rid of the "Greatest President the US Has Ever Had and Ever Will Have" and replace him with someone who is even more offensive to their liberal sensibilities demonstrates how stupid they are
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:27 PM   #56
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post

You just don't get it! We want him doing that, the pussies aren't in charge anymore.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:28 PM   #57
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post

A shove? You didn't watch the same thing I did. He grabbed the mans arm and gently moved him over like all of us have done hundreds of times. At least those of us that get out.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:31 PM   #58
logger
Banned

If I had acted like Trump did, my father would have kicked my ass. My mother would just have told me how disappointed she was which for me was more effective. I also had a few teachers and a pastor that set me straight. Logger seems to believe we are all just being partisan. But my question to Logger is why would we do that? To make Pence President?

From my perspective, the Republicans should want to dump Trump more than liberals. It's not like Pence isn't a hard core conservative. The sooner the GOP comes to the realization that this clown is a disaster the better their chances of maintaining a majority.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>Edited for rule 12
Yep!

Last edited by zooterkin; 27th May 2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:38 PM   #59
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Lol
******* unbelievable!
Very unprofessional to say the very least, which is why that shove has made news around the world.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:41 PM   #60
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

In case anyone has not seen it....

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

So manly, so confident
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:42 PM   #61
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I'm sure the teacher likes him more if he sits in the front of the class.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:42 PM   #62
skyeagle409
Master Poster

A shove? You didn't watch the same thing I did.

That is because you are on the wrong page. Ever wondered why that so-called shove has made news around the world?

Quote:
Push heard around the world. Trump getting attention for shoving world leader

President Donald Trump's push to get in front of the pack at the NATO summit in Belgium is getting attention.

Video footage from the gathering shows Trump putting his right hand on the right arm of Montenegro Prime Minister Dusko Markovic and pushing himself ahead as NATO leaders walked inside the alliance's new headquarters in Brussels.

http://pilotonline.com/news/governme...e87a04555.html
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 10:45 PM   #63
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
That is because you are on the wrong page. Ever wondered why that so-called shove has made news around the world?
Because world leaders like pussies like Obama?
Old 25th May 2017, 10:52 PM   #64
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I'm sure the teacher likes him more if he sits in the front of the class.

However, Trump's mentality requires him to wear a dunce cap while sitting in a corner.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:05 PM   #65
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Oh sure your hero Obama had them quaking in their boots.
As opposed to Trump - who has them rolling in the aisles ?

But seriously, it's an interesting suggestion that foreign countries' leaders need to be afraid of the US in general and its President personally to come to engage diplomatically. History seems to suggest otherwise but as always YMMV
Old 25th May 2017, 11:09 PM   #66
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

having the biggest military by orders of magnitude and nukes is, of course, not nearly as impressive as being able to shove your way to the front of the cue.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:15 PM   #67
skyeagle409
Master Poster

You just don't get it! We want him doing that, the pussies aren't in charge anymore.

Apparently, they have more intelligence than the dummy in the White House.

Quote:
Donald Trump, meet the real Andrew Jackson

To burnish the Jackson legend, Trump distorts and manipulates the record of history. Trump said, "I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn't have had the Civil War … he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said 'There's no reason for this.'" Jackson, of course, died in 1845 some 16 years before the Civil War began.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...andrew-jackson

That shove simply reconfirms that Trump is unfit.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:22 PM   #68
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
having the biggest military by orders of magnitude and nukes is, of course, not nearly as impressive as being able to shove your way to the front of the cue.

What is scary is that we have an immature liar and unfit loony within reach of that nuclear button who can't even produce a rational budget.
Old 26th May 2017, 12:38 AM   #69
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

A real president wouldn't need to swagger.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 01:02 AM   #70
Orionsword
Student

More than that swagger has no worth if you are wrong.
Orionsword is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 01:51 AM   #71
zorro99
Graduate Poster

I agree that Trump is an ass.
Old 26th May 2017, 02:56 AM   #72
Porkpie Hat
Critical Thinker

Confidence isn't shoving yourself into what you think is top stop.

Confidence is accepting wherever you're standing is already top spot.
Porkpie Hat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 03:17 AM   #73
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
If a manly man like Logger was waiting in line at the DMV, or heading for the food bar at a restaurant, or waiting to be served at the bar, and someone came from behind and pushed past him in the same manner as the Hair did, I wonder at the jocular exchange in brotherly understanding that might ensue...
Yeah like Trump knows the Prime Minister of Montenegro so well that he treats him like his 12 year old sibling.
Old 26th May 2017, 03:56 AM   #74
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Because world leaders like pussies like Obama?
Need you be reminded that Trump obtained multiple deferments from the draft (one of which was due to magically appearing and disappearing shin splints that Trump can't even remember which leg it affected.)

So Trump isn't exactly some brave hero. He's more like the "pussy" you seem to look down on.

Oh, and if Obama was a pussy, why didn't Trump try to grab him?

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 04:45 AM   #75
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Trump then told the pair he had been “to a lot of countries, some great countries” during his tour, and that he had “met a lot of leaders”, to which he added particular praise for the pope. “It was very spectacular. I don’t think there was ever anything like that. That was beyond anything anyone’s seen. We went to the pope. Very impressive. The pope was terrific,” Trump said, according to a pool report.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-defence-bills

Apart from the 7-year old's vocabulary we have Trump's belief that nobody ever met Frankie da Pope before, or at least not as splendidly as Trump did.

(I've revised my estimate of Trump's vocabulary down from 600-800 to around 500, aka "special needs" level.)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 04:48 AM   #76
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Need you be reminded that Trump obtained multiple deferments from the draft ...
To be precise, Trump's father and his father's money obtained deferments for him. Not unusual for future Republican presidents of the time, of course, but there it is.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 05:29 AM   #77
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

"Jovial shove"? What a joke. After he pushed his way up front, I love(?) how he puffed out his chest, simultaneously oozing megalomania and insecurity.

He's not merely a pompous asshat doofus. He displays these traits so abundantly, so over the top, that he's a caricature of a pompous asshat doofus.

Last edited by varwoche; 26th May 2017 at 05:36 AM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 05:40 AM   #78
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
After he pushed his way up front, I love(?) how he puffed out his chest, simultaneously oozing megalomania and insecurity.
That's the best part of the video, yes. I wonder if Trump realises how stupid he's being. Does he care?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 05:42 AM   #79
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Jovial shove? Surely that's taking it too far.

How about a "cordial collision" or a "jocular jostle" instead?

I'd even accept a "benign bump" or a "spontaneous gerrymander."
If only we could come up with a signature term for that move, something specific to him, perhaps something that rhymes with "bump"?

alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 06:03 AM   #80
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

This was a dick move; the twelve-year old budging line to get another slice of ice cream cake. Trump was probably still all sheepish from Melania slapping him down publically, and trying to show all hard.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics