IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th January 2023, 07:51 AM   #201
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
He should have been called out for being an abject dimwit who believes every asinine thing he reads, no matter how implausible. That's because he echoed the retarded notion that school kids who identify as cats are being provided litter boxes. That's why he's in the news.

He apologized for the tweet, but he didn't own up to it being false.
I should mention, that parroting idiotic lies is not quite the same as "not thinking [it[ should be celebrated"

I mean, really, just acknowledging reality is "celebrating" LGBT?
Old 27th January 2023, 07:53 AM   #202
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I should mention, that parroting idiotic lies is not quite the same as "not thinking [it[ should be celebrated"

I mean, really, just acknowledging reality is "celebrating" LGBT?
My hockey team is doing their Pride Night tonight and social media is filled with all the same stupid talking points from people who are not only hateful bigots but stupid hateful bigots that can't even come up with their own hatred and have to parrot someone else's.

It you're dumb enough to be a bigot, you're probably not smart enough to actually conceptualize your own bigotry, and are reduced to just parroting the talking points the few "Alpha Bigots" came up with and told you to repeat.
Old 27th January 2023, 10:23 AM   #203
sarge
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1 View Post
I see that the so-called "tolerance and inclusion" crowd, who are not very tolerant or inclusive, are trying to get NBC to fire former NFL coach and NFL Hall of Fame member Tony Dungy as a sports commentator over his alleged "bigotry" and "hatred" toward gays.

And how has Dungy, who is one of the nicest and most decent people you'd ever hope to meet--how has he supposedly displayed hate and bigotry toward gays? Well, he recently spoke out against forcing schools to put menstrual products in boys bathrooms; he believes that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a genetic mandate; and in years past he expressed opposition to same-sex marriage.

This is the absurd basis that some radical liberals are using to accuse Dungy of being hateful and bigoted toward gays.
He is a bigot. That isn’t reasonably debatable. He is also a fool for believing some of the things he believes, as is anyone who shares those beliefs.

And I am throwing the challenge flag on your story of having a son who ‘chose’ to be gay for a few years, then ‘chose’ not to be gay. That didn’t happen. You made it up.
Old 27th January 2023, 10:32 AM   #204
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by sarge View Post
And I am throwing the challenge flag on your story of having a son who ‘chose’ to be gay for a few years, then ‘chose’ not to be gay. That didn’t happen. You made it up.
That is possible. It is also possible that he is truthfully describing his rationalization of the situation. An rationalization that is not taken the full context of the situation into account*.

* to be generous
Old 27th January 2023, 10:46 AM   #205
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

"How dare you make me feel bad for dehumanizing a whole population of people!" continues to be an absolutely hilarious mindset.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 10:48 AM   #206
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
"How dare you make me feel bad for dehumanizing a whole population of people!" continues to be an absolutely hilarious mindset.
Laugh at it while you can because it's not going away. The trolls and bigots and contrarians and the "being stupid and wrong is better than being a follower" types love it and they aren't going away.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 27th January 2023 at 10:57 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 10:55 AM   #207
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
You misspelled "ominous".
Old 27th January 2023, 11:19 AM   #208
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Laugh at it while you can because it's not going away. The trolls and bigots and contrarians and the "being stupid and wrong is better than being a follower" types love it and they aren't going away.
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
You misspelled "ominous".
I don't disagree with these sentiments. I think bigotry needs to be exposed and confronted. I also think mockery can be an effective weapon in that arsenal. Perhaps not to change the mind of the bigot, but to reveal just how small and ridiculous they are to everyone else.

That being said, science has recently determined that there is a direct link between homophobia and coprophagia, which explains so much about the point of view expressed in the OP.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 11:45 AM   #209
ZirconBlue
Sole Survivor of L-Town

Originally Posted by sarge View Post

Maybe his son was in prison for a few years?
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
ZirconBlue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 11:59 AM   #210
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by ZirconBlue View Post
I'll place a bet on Son being pressured to stop being gay, otherwise all financial and familial support would be cut off. It's what 'loving families' do.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 12:11 PM   #211
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ZirconBlue View Post
Ouch. That's a vicious one.

-also said by the ....no, I just can't.
Old 27th January 2023, 04:36 PM   #212
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Sure, Barnaby Joyce is a nobody, Jacqui Lamby, Chris Smith.

As I said before, I wish you would put in even a few second thought into your replies to me.
The player concerned was given overwhelming support from all but a few dinosaurs.

And I give your posts the time they deserve.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics