ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st December 2018, 05:52 AM   #81
dann
Philosopher

Pope Francis tells clerics who abuse minors to hand themselves in (CNN, Dec. 21, 2018)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2018, 06:10 AM   #82
Diablo
Muse

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Yeah, they're just bound to do that, aren't they? Why doesn't he take proper steps to fix the problem himself.
Diablo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2018, 06:22 AM   #83
The Sparrow
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
'And Livia did giggle, and hit Messalina with a pillow upon her comely bosom. 'Thou art pert and naughty' she declareth, and did giggle more. Messalina sprang upon her in laughter, and they did tumble onto the bed together. 'Thou hast spoiled my silken garment' the coy Livia said. And Messalina did remove her own silken garment to show repentance, but being chilled the two sought refuge beneath the coverings and tickled each other for warmth. 'Oh, my' said Messalina, saucily, 'I require your assistance with my' and the verse ends there, apparently the medieval copyist had a stroke at that point. Got to love those Romans.
Damn, I need a few minutes alone now.
The Sparrow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2018, 02:01 PM   #84
Thor 2
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Homophobe?

Yes I thought that was a strange one to throw in there also.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy