IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th June 2014, 03:29 PM   #1
OneShotKi11
Muse

Jref taught not what to think, but how to think.

I just want to write a short thank you to the Jref and its community. The best thing I was able to get from this site, and something I was never introduced to before hand; was not what to think, but how to think.

And for that I am thankful. I recommend this site to almost everyone I encounter.

Sincerely,
Jeremy
OneShotKi11 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Vermonter
Graduate Poster

I heartily second this. It's definitely given me more tools for my critical-thinking kit, and has helped me formulate methods of questioning unusual claims.
Vermonter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2014, 03:55 PM   #3
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Be careful, once you come to prefer the company of people who like to think, it's nearly impossible to go back.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2014, 04:14 PM   #4
OneShotKi11
Muse

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Be careful, once you come to prefer the company of people who like to think, it's nearly impossible to go back.
Thats the truth. I notice I am putting seriously strain on my old friendships because I am continuously the guy addressing claims that just dont make sense, or dont have significant evidence to back them.
OneShotKi11 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Hawk one
Emperor of the Internet

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
"Once you go think, you'll never go pink [clouds of oh-so-tempting, yet ultimately delusional ways of looking at life, the universe, and everything]."

Hmm, I think the slogan might need some work...

If only health care was like video games. Then the ones who could pay for it would get it, and the ones who couldn't would die, like nature intended for people without money. A perfect system, right? RIGHT?
Hawk one is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2014, 09:18 AM   #6
Totovader
Game Warden

Originally Posted by OneShotKi11 View Post
Thats the truth. I notice I am putting seriously strain on my old friendships because I am continuously the guy addressing claims that just dont make sense, or dont have significant evidence to back them.
The new friends you make are much better, anyway. Except for dancing, maybe not as good at dancing.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2014, 10:41 AM   #7
SusanB-M1
Incurable Optimist

Did someone mention dancing?!!

I agree with above posts.
SusanB-M1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2014, 12:43 PM   #8
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Hawk one View Post
"Once you go think, you'll never go pink [clouds of oh-so-tempting, yet ultimately delusional ways of looking at life, the universe, and everything]."

Hmm, I think the slogan might need some work...
Try these on for size...

Once you go think, the Kool-Aid you’ll not want to drink.

Once you go think, mysticism’s down the sink.

Once you go think, BS will sure stink.

Once you go think, you’re off of the brink.

And in a similar vein.

Once you’re taught thought life is credulously less fraught
Old 14th June 2014, 08:55 PM   #9
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by OneShotKi11 View Post
I just want to write a short thank you to the Jref and its community. The best thing I was able to get from this site, and something I was never introduced to before hand; was not what to think, but how to think.

And for that I am thankful. I recommend this site to almost everyone I encounter.

Sincerely,
Jeremy
Yay for you, and yay for us!

If you're so inclined, please post a bit about your journey away from "9/11 Truth" in the thread in my signature.

Again, well done for making the effort to learn to think.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF