IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th March 2013, 04:52 AM   #1
JohnWReynolds
New Blood

"Now You Know!" JREF CD-ROM

I bought a JREF CD-ROM entitled "Now You Know!" featuring a variety of clips, mostly featuring Uri Geller, off an Australian seller on ebay recently.

One of the the descriptions for a clip of Geller on Italian television read:

"RAI-TV is the major television outlet in Italy. In this excerpt, we see Geller being interviewed and of course some demos. I refer you to both /jr/061104the.html#8 for an account of one item shown here, and /jr/070904that.html#12 for the other."

Owing to my lack of posts, I am unable to give randi org as the prefix to the above webpages. Those pages no longer exist; can anyone remember what they contained? The demonstration included changing the time of the presenter's watch and bending a key.
JohnWReynolds is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2013, 05:11 AM   #2
This is The End

There are probably new, working links to those pages but instead of finding those I used the Internet Archive - Wayback Machine to retrieve those pages.

You may have to scroll down each page to get to your appropriate section (the #8 and the #12 at the end of your links).

I provide the oldest and newest copy of each link just in case the JREF changed anything on those pages over the years.

Here are the oldest and newest copies of your first link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200406111...061104the.html

http://web.archive.org/web/201203011...061104the.html

Here are the oldest and newest copies of your second link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200407101...70904that.html

http://web.archive.org/web/201203010...70904that.html
Old 7th March 2013, 05:13 AM   #3
This is The End

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!

Old 7th March 2013, 05:35 AM   #4
JohnWReynolds
New Blood

Thank you, and thank you!

The relevant sections were: "WHERE'S THAT DAMN CAMERA" and "FOR YOUR ANALYSIS".

It certainly helps put the clip in context - and confirmed my suspicion that Geller did pull out the watch's stalk prior to holding it for the close up - which seemed very visible.
JohnWReynolds is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF