IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Changeover timetable , Future of Forum , ISF , new forum

Old 26th September 2014, 01:55 PM   #121
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
........When the admins and tech staff are happy that new site is stable and operation (hopefully by September 16), the ISF will become active and the JREF Forum will be deactivated and the address redirected to the new forum..........
What's gone wrong, folks?
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2014, 02:13 PM   #122
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm

Nothing, other then life getting in the way.
Old 27th September 2014, 03:24 PM   #123
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
Yes, well then, I recommend this, so called 'life', be tracked down and shot at the very first convenience if it's going to continue being a distraction around here.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:24 PM   #124
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Yes, well then, I recommend this, so called 'life', be tracked down and shot at the very first convenience if it's going to continue being a distraction around here.

I thought we already did that part.

Isn't that why we're all here?

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2014, 03:30 PM   #125
LudicFallacies
Scholar

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Are going to get rid of the 9/11 conspiracy sub-forum?

Finally?
Now why would you want to do that? It's the most amusing part of the forum. I guess you would rather have threads debunking the tired issue of homeopathy etc.
LudicFallacies is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2014, 03:37 AM   #126
JihadJane
not a camel

Is that turkey Noah voting for Xmas?
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2014, 01:11 PM   #127
Mike!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Is that an iceberg ahead?
Old 2nd October 2014, 05:27 AM   #128
OCaptain
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LudicFallacies View Post
Now why would you want to do that? It's the most amusing part of the forum. I guess you would rather have threads debunking the tired issue of homeopathy etc.

And dowsing. Don't forget dowsing. It would be homeopathy and dowsing. That's all we need.

Oh, and bigfoot. Bigfoot, homeopathic and dowsing.

That's all I need...:stumbles away muttering:
Old 2nd October 2014, 05:52 AM   #129
Mike!

Originally Posted by OCaptain View Post
And dowsing. Don't forget dowsing. It would be homeopathy and dowsing. That's all we need.

Oh, and bigfoot. Bigfoot, homeopathic and dowsing.

That's all I need...:stumbles away muttering:
Oh, and this Thermite...
That's all we need.
Bigfoot, homeopathy and dowsing, and thermite.
That's IT. That's all we need.
Old 2nd October 2014, 06:27 AM   #130
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
OBE (Overcome By Events)
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:53 AM   #131
Joe Random
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Is that an iceberg ahead?

Quick, send an urgent e-mail saying the iceberg is being stalked and it needs to invoke its right to be forgotten.
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:57 AM   #132
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Joe Random View Post
Quick, send an urgent e-mail saying the iceberg is being stalked and it needs to invoke its right to be forgotten.
The dogs bark, and the iceberg still moves on.
Old 4th October 2014, 11:04 AM   #133
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I'm posting this here -- I'm not seeing ANY comments about this anywhere else -- because I wanted to at least take notice:

Quote:
The server will be coming down at approximately 0000UTC Oct 5 (1800MDT Oct 4) for migration to the final server and domain name. The process should take a few hours but may take more. The new URL will be http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums.
About five hours away and then the forum will probably be down until tomorrow morning some time?

I always get nervous when these kinds of things happen. I always hope for the best but expect the worst.

Goodbye JREF forum it's been real!
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 11:31 AM   #134
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Old 4th October 2014, 11:42 AM   #135
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Fish?
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 11:45 AM   #136
r-j
Banned

Inside joke
r-j is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 11:48 AM   #137
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Quote:
Notices
The server will be coming down at approximately 0000UTC Oct 5 (1800MDT Oct 4) for migration to the final server and domain name. The process should take a few hours but may take more. The new URL will be http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums.
Looks like Stage 3 is upon us......
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 11:49 AM   #138
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Oh okay thanks.

Because I thought, "People here have been getting free fish? Hey I never got any! Why that lousy...!?!"
Old 4th October 2014, 11:53 AM   #139
r-j
Banned

It's usually used when you are leaving someplace, and you know that not only will you not be coming back, the place is going to be completely destroyed.
r-j is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 01:18 PM   #140
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

So, the deal is? After the change over we log on to the new site or will we be redirected from here?

I'm too lazy at this point to see if instructions have been given and I just now changed my registered email from one that's been extinct for atleast 5 years.

Is there going to be a super secret hand shake to get in?

Will you tell it to me if I promise to stay out of religion and politics?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 4th October 2014 at 01:21 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 01:24 PM   #141
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

After the changeover there'll be an automatic redirect to the new site, as well as instructions on the old site in case the redirect doesn't work for some reason.

When first entering the new site you'll be prompted with the updated T&C to agree to, and then there'll be further instructions on how to migrate over your personal information if you so choose.
Old 4th October 2014, 02:05 PM   #142
Whingeing Pom

Time Remaining
Old 4th October 2014, 02:08 PM   #143
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I could be mistaken, but I don't think you are calculating the time correctly. I think it is going to happen in less than 2 hours.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 02:09 PM   #144
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

To all those posters who have been critical of icerat: See ya 'round. Not!

Old 4th October 2014, 02:16 PM   #145
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

Will the Tapatalk app still work?
Old 4th October 2014, 02:26 PM   #146
Whingeing Pom

Originally Posted by Ampulla of Vater View Post
I could be mistaken, but I don't think you are calculating the time correctly. I think it is going to happen in less than 2 hours.
Please let it be correct
Old 4th October 2014, 02:26 PM   #147
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ampulla of Vater View Post
In New York we're on Daylight Savings time so I calculated the change as being two hours and thirty-four minutes from now.

Converter link
Old 4th October 2014, 02:49 PM   #148
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

Originally Posted by MattusMaximus View Post
Will the Tapatalk app still work?
It should, though we'll have to set up a new one in Tapatalk's system for the new forum name I imagine.
Old 4th October 2014, 03:21 PM   #149
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
In New York we're on Daylight Savings time so I calculated the change as being two hours and thirty-four minutes from now.

Converter link
I'm in your same time zone. I guess I was off by an hour. My bad.
The link from 666 is off more than that though.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 04:52 PM   #150
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Almost time. See everybody on the other side.

I hope.
Old 4th October 2014, 08:56 PM   #151
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

This is so blue.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 08:58 PM   #152
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
This is so blue.
I'll import the other colour schemes as well, I'm not sure how permanent this theme is.
Old 4th October 2014, 09:07 PM   #153
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

It worked!

Old 4th October 2014, 09:07 PM   #154
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

Ok they're imported, I think I chose the wrong one as the default style too, so changed that.
Old 4th October 2014, 09:08 PM   #155
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Blue? Kinda sucks.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 09:14 PM   #156
bigred
Penultimate Amazing

Jumping to an area via the Forum Index not working for me. Anyone else?
bigred is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 09:15 PM   #157
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, links still aren't working properly. I assume this is still being sorted out. Default color scheme is bad. And that tiny little header graphic with International Skeptics is pretty sad. .

I know there are peeps working on this, though.

Last edited by AdMan; 4th October 2014 at 09:21 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2014, 09:17 PM   #158
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Wonder what traffic will be like? How many people will bail?

Right now the listing is showing 65 members logged in. Fewer than normal I think but that's to be expected. When did the forum come back on-line anyway?
Old 4th October 2014, 09:18 PM   #159
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

Hm, probably right around 10pm Mountain Time, so like 20 minutes ago.

I started a thread here for links and theme stuff, I haven't found where those forum links at the top left are from lol.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=283795
Old 4th October 2014, 09:19 PM   #160
Mike!

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Wonder what traffic will be like? How many people will bail?

Right now the listing is showing 65 members logged in. Fewer than normal I think but that's to be expected. When did the forum come back on-line anyway?
About 20 minutes. Give it time.

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF