IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th October 2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Who is the JREF?

The organization that is JREF,who makes up the organization aside from Randi?
Old 27th October 2014, 01:37 PM   #2
sophia8
Master Poster

Here's the current team. If you want to know more, read the rest of the site or send 'em a message.
"Nature is floods and famines and earthquakes and viruses and little blue-footed booby babies getting their brains pecked out by their stronger siblings! ....Nature doesn't care about me, or about anybody in particular - nature can be terrifying! Why do they even put words like 'natural' on products like shampoo, like it's automatically a good thing? I mean, sulfuric acid is natural!" -Julia Sweeney
sophia8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Bram Kaandorp
Master Poster

Wow. I knew they would be slimming down the organisation, but that's just ridiculous.

Wait, "terser" is a word, right?
Bram Kaandorp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Two peope run JREF? Wow.
Old 27th October 2014, 02:16 PM   #5
Belz...
Fiend God

Who cares ? They are no longer with us, and thus by definition they are against us !

Right ?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2014, 02:27 PM   #6
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Who cares ? They are no longer with us, and thus by definition they are against us !

Right ?
No, they are just no longer with us........
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2014, 11:23 PM   #7
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

I think it is a bit bigger than that. They had expenses of $1,039,201 with revenue of $887,595 for last calendar year.
Old 27th October 2014, 11:36 PM   #8
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Randi and Sharon are just the paid employees. There's also the Board of Directors, which includes Rick Adams and Chip Denman. It's also a membership-based organisation so there are many members across the world.

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2014, 02:49 AM   #9
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
I think it is a bit bigger than that. They had expenses of $1,039,201 with revenue of $887,595 for last calendar year.
That menagerie of white tigers isn't going to feed itself.
All magicians have at least a few of those, right?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2014, 03:23 AM   #10
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
That menagerie of white tigers isn't going to feed itself.
All magicians have at least a few of those, right?
Oh yeah. All magicians have those white tigers. It comes along with the funny handshake and the regulation fez.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2014, 07:52 AM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Is there a page somewhere listing the board? I couldn't find it on the JREF site.
Old 28th October 2014, 08:27 AM   #12
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
No, they are just no longer with us........
You just spoiled it, man.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2014, 01:00 PM   #13
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Is there a page somewhere listing the board? I couldn't find it on the JREF site.
Nor can I.
Old 30th October 2014, 06:41 PM   #14
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

When I first went to a TAM, the JREF has two paid employees, Randi and Linda, and several volunteers. One summer they had an intern.

There's more at the Wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...nal_Foundation

See also
http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Cor...undation/Page1

https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/Business/F186268

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF