ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Old 29th January 2008, 08:35 PM   #81
Creekfreak
Banned

my first face to face encounter less then a foot away was with a young one about 3 1/2 feet tall beleave me picking one up has gone through my mind a 1000 times .
If I knew then what I know now I would have grabed it and got the hell out of here .
Ive heard them many times with my parabolic crying they sound just like human babies crying .
The older childern sound like chimps screaming you can tell by the tone they are brats just like we are when we dont get our way as kids .
When you hear something like this the last thing you would want to do is kill one they are just to much like us .
Now a single young buck male I might consider killing but not a female or its young they need there mothers to protect them .
there is a young buck runing around here Ive seen him 3 times he looks like a big silver back I dont like the way he looks
his moves are very agressive .
If I where to kill one I would go after him but I wont do it unless he makes an agressive move at me .
Its really not worth killing one just to prove it to people like you .
lock I never said she endorses killing one stop with the word play its boring and stupid .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 08:51 PM   #82
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
my first face to face encounter less then a foot away was with a young one about 3 1/2 feet tall beleave me picking one up has gone through my mind a 1000 times .
If I knew then what I know now I would have grabed it and got the hell out of here .
Right; and other then your word and this fantasy story, anything to back it up?

Ive heard them many times with my parabolic crying they sound just like human babies crying .
Right; so close you can hear them but can't seem to get a credible picture? Just like human babies....perhaps because you are hearing human babies.

The older childern sound like chimps screaming you can tell by the tone they are brats just like we are when we dont get our way as kids .
Right; and of course you are a expert on chimpanzees and their sounds now?

When you hear something like this the last thing you would want to do is kill one they are just to much like us .
Now a single young buck male I might consider killing but not a female or its young they need there mothers to protect them .
there is a young buck runing around here Ive seen him 3 times he looks like a big silver back I dont like the way he looks
his moves are very agressive .
If I where to kill one I would go after him but I wont do it unless he makes an agressive move at me .
Right; so many sightings, yet you can't produce any credible evidence. Perhaps you can invite this one into your home and feed it caned beans like you have claimed to have done before.

It's not my fault you can't produce/provide any credible evidence.

lock I never said she endorses killing one stop with the word play its boring and stupid .
Right....so I assume this was posted by another user on your ID:
Originally Posted by Creekfreak
I am sure she knows the only way to prove it is to kill one its just a matter of who steps up and takes the shot .
Another baseless claim of yours that has gone down in flames....

Oh thats right...I forgot, you don't have time for critical thinking....so why exactly are you here?

Last edited by Locknar; 29th January 2008 at 08:55 PM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 09:10 PM   #83
Creekfreak
Banned

I like proveing people like you worng Lock people like you fall the hardest I know the turth so it would take no effort at all for me to stay on here for the next 10 years proveing you worng .
The longer it takes the harder you will fall .
At the same time you fall I will be stornger for what I have said to be true that you did not beleave .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:36 PM   #84
devnull
Philosopher

I like proveing people like you worng Lock people like you fall the hardest I know the turth so it would take no effort at all for me to stay on here for the next 10 years proveing you worng .
At the same time you fall I will be stornger for what I have said to be true that you did not beleave .
So prove him wrong already! sheeeesh!
"Here we go again.... semantic and syntactic chicanery and sophistic sleight of tongue and pen.... the bedazzling magic of appearing to be saying something when in fact all that is happening is diverting attention from the attempts at shoving god through the trapdoor of illogic and wishful thinking." - Leumas
devnull is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:39 PM   #85
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

Creekfreak - Please, please PLEASE!

Use a spell-checker!

Locknar is worng? You know the turth? You will be stornger?

Now many people make mistakes when typing - I'm one of them, especially when I'm typing fast - but they read through what they've written and make corrections.

Typically, I'll type "teh" for "the" in the same way that you're hitting keys in the wrong (worng?) order, but I always try to make sure it's cleaned-up before sending.

Creek - if you want to come across as a professional researcher, you have to realise that spelling and grammar are vitally important for a good image.

I'm trying to be helpful, BTW, and not offensive.

And thanks to SkepticJ:
We'd outgrown the fables, I knew. The sun isn't Apollo's chariot, of course, it's a star that began burning when a god said "Let there be light". Man was not created from clay by Zeus, he was created from clay by Yahweh. Hades didn't restore Euridice to life, please. That would be absurd. Jesus did, of course, restore Lazarus to life.... What morons we were before. How wise we are now. - Dale McGowan
YouBelieveWHAT? is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:58 PM   #86
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Creek, look at these two words:

worng

wrong

Do they appear identical to you? I really am curious about this.
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 12:09 AM   #87
devnull
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
Creek, look at these two words:

worng

wrong

Do they appear identical to you? I really am curious about this.
One of those words is wrong.
"Here we go again.... semantic and syntactic chicanery and sophistic sleight of tongue and pen.... the bedazzling magic of appearing to be saying something when in fact all that is happening is diverting attention from the attempts at shoving god through the trapdoor of illogic and wishful thinking." - Leumas
devnull is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 12:53 AM   #88
Creekfreak
Banned

I had a bigfoot roar at me tonight in my front yard do you really think I care if you think I am professional researcher .
I ve got a large cooler filled with deer meat iced down in my front yard he is most likely after .
Come on down boys and get ya some you all would have ran like a bunch of bunnies if you heard what I heard tonight .
A real bigfoot reseacher stands his ground something none of you will ever understand unless a better man then youselfs shows you .

Last edited by Creekfreak; 30th January 2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 30th January 2008, 01:43 AM   #89
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

I had a bigfoot roar at me tonight in my front yard
Evidence?

do you really think I care if you think I am professional researcher .
I may have misunderstood - I thought the reason you were here was because you did want us to accept you as a professional researcher. At least your posts are not as frantic and insulting as Historian.

If that's not the case - then why are you here?

I ve got a large cooler filled with deer meat iced down in my front yard he is most likely after .
Come on down boys and get ya some you all would have ran like a bunch of bunnies if you heard what I heard tonight .
A real bigfoot reseacher stands his ground something none of you will ever understand unless a better man then youselfs shows you .
However, it's becoming clear that because we want evidence before we can accept you word - believe it or not, people have been know to tell lies! - you're falling back on the last refuge of the "True Bleever" - insults.

You also need to be realistic - for example, how do I - living in Southern Germany - "Come on down?"

The whole point of a sceptical forum is that people want evidence!

Have a nice day.

And thanks to SkepticJ:
We'd outgrown the fables, I knew. The sun isn't Apollo's chariot, of course, it's a star that began burning when a god said "Let there be light". Man was not created from clay by Zeus, he was created from clay by Yahweh. Hades didn't restore Euridice to life, please. That would be absurd. Jesus did, of course, restore Lazarus to life.... What morons we were before. How wise we are now. - Dale McGowan
YouBelieveWHAT? is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 01:57 AM   #90
LordoftheLeftHand
Graduate Poster

I real researcher wouldn't claim to have evidence they don't have.

LLH
LordoftheLeftHand is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 01:59 AM   #91
Maldon
Thinker

Quote:
So you know how this unknown animal takes care of its offspring?
The males don't take any part in the upbringing of the young ones?
Rather detailed knowledge of a creature that are not even proven to exist.

Quote:
Wrong again!
People here wouldn't mind if BF was proven to exist.
I think most of us would think it was rather cool if a big ape was found roaming the north American wood-lands.
You're been giving a hard time because your evidence is crap, not because people hate the thought of a unknown primate.
Your photo will still be a photo-shopped hoax, even if some one (and that might be you) bring a body to the table.

Nobody really argues against the idea of unknown animals, just the level of evidence, which in the case of BF, is really bad and insufficient.
Maldon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 06:14 AM   #92
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

This, from someone who has openly boasted “I have no time for critical thinking”?

I'd say you better get to the business of "proveing [sic] people like" me wrong then eh? This outta be a hoot!

It would take a tad more then this fairy tale however:
I had a bigfoot roar at me tonight in my front yard do you really think I care if you think I am professional researcher .
Wow...in your front yard, roaring no less....and no pictures? No Witnesses? Oh what am I thinking...of course there's not. What you saw (if you really saw anything at all) was most likely a bear. Prove me wrong...you said you were going to, here is your chance. I'll even help you get started with a HINT
You can't!

Last edited by Locknar; 30th January 2008 at 06:23 AM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 07:32 AM   #93
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

You heard, not saw?

Did you try recording it? Did it leave any footprints? What did it sound like?

If you didn't see it, how did you know what it was?

Quote:

So, you went outside to take his picture?
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 07:37 AM   #94
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

Frankly, I'd love to visit with Creek - I love venison!

As Maldon wrote, it would be really excellent to get proof of Bigfoot!

And thanks to SkepticJ:
Old 30th January 2008, 07:42 AM   #95
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Creek, if I'm going to be able to contact your researcher, then I'll need a name and a number. A regular anonymous mail address isn't good contact information.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 09:11 AM   #96
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

Another excuse as to why you have no evidence.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 09:14 AM   #97
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

freak, a roaring bigfoot trying to get at your venison? Sounds like a recipe for success!

1) Venison goes here.

2) Me and camera/rifle go here.

3) Yahtzee!

Excuses please.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 09:19 AM   #98
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by Maldon View Post
Your photo will still be a photo-shopped hoax, even if some one (and that might be you) bring a body to the table.
Maldon, good points in your post. Just a friendly reminder that we have to ix-nay the oto-phay in this thread.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 09:43 AM   #99
Drewbot
Philosopher

Tips For Creek

Here is a basic layout of the Terrain.

If I were a good researcher, I would focus on the areas where Bigfoot is located regularly, now that it knows you have Venison, I'm guessing he's coming back tonight. so either rig a big net to fall on him when he opens the cooler, or stick some nails in the ground sticking up so it will step on it.

I'd also take a look at all the bean cans they discard around the property, they might have licked the can and cut themselves or somthing.

Otherwise, I'd say it was probably a pissed off Racoon.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 10:09 AM   #100
Maldon
Thinker

Quote:
Maldon, good points in your post. Just a friendly reminder that we have to ix-nay the oto-phay in this thread.
You're right, my bad!
Won't happen again
Maldon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 02:20 PM   #101
Creekfreak
Banned

Send me the right equipment and I will be glad to set it up for you untell then your just going to have to take my word .
Before you say its me that needs to prove it its you also that needs to prove what I am saying is not true .
You cant do that unless you have a stake in the research send the cams thermal imageing what ever else you think it will take .
Give me 6 months with the equipment if I dont produce the evidence then you will be right .
But you wont do that becouse your to scared I will prove you worng .
Theres your challange put your money where your mouth is the equipment can be sold after 6 months no harm done except to your egos .
Old 30th January 2008, 02:28 PM   #102
Creekfreak
Banned

In case your worndering what it will cost I estimate to bring home a bigfoot it will be around 300 thousand to start with .
I am going to need some help so that will include wages for fellow researchers that I will hand pick .
Put up or **** up you have no leg to stand on unless you have proof I am lie ing and you know what will that take .
Should I say it again Y'ALL COME ON COWN AN GET YA SUM !
That is a live bigfoot btw

Last edited by Creekfreak; 30th January 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 30th January 2008, 02:32 PM   #103
Loss Leader

Send me the right equipment and I will be glad to set it up for you untell then your just going to have to take my word .

Another excuse.

Quote:
Before you say its me that needs to prove it its you also that needs to prove what I am saying is not true .

Another excuse.

Quote:
You cant do that unless you have a stake in the research send the cams thermal imageing what ever else you think it will take .
Give me 6 months with the equipment if I dont produce the evidence then you will be right .
Theres your challange put your money where your mouth is the equipment can be sold after 6 months no harm done except to your egos .

One long excuse.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 02:42 PM   #104
Creekfreak
Banned

not excuses Ive never claimed to be rich I cant afford the equipment it will take .
so untell all possible explinations have been anwsered then I am right you have no leg to stand on .
The same goes for my picture the countries best photo experts have not analized the sd card so untell then that is real too .
The ball is is you peoples court not mine its up to you to prove me worng I have presented my side now prove me worng .
You can not and will not ever prove me worng unless you come here with the proper equipment and prove it for all to see .
Old 30th January 2008, 02:57 PM   #105
Loss Leader

not excuses Ive never claimed to be rich I cant afford the equipment it will take .

Excuse: I can't afford the equipment.

Quote:
so untell all possible explinations have been anwsered then I am right you have no leg to stand on .

excuse: Logically, I don't have to prove my statements.

Quote:
The same goes for my picture the countries best photo experts have not analized the sd card so untell then that is real too .

excuse: no one will analyze my camera card

Quote:
You can not and will not ever prove me worng unless you come here with the proper equipment and prove it for all to see .

Excuse: others must come here with equipment.

All you have are excuses as to why you are presenting no proof.

L. Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 30th January 2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 30th January 2008, 03:07 PM   #106
Creekfreak
Banned

Its no secret I am a poor man that may an excuse but its the truth I cant afford what it will take to bring a live bigfoot in .
And I do not have the money to pay for hair testing photo experts and what ever kind of experts its going to take to convince you people .
Old 30th January 2008, 03:18 PM   #107
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

No.

No.

Pointless, and a false assumption.

Being wrong is something you will never admit to (the whole "pyramid" in the bible thing ring a bell?). Not in 6 months, 6 years. For that matter, you don't need 6 seconds "with the equipment", because "BF" does not exist.

I've challanged you more then once - prove me wrong; how am I "scared"?

Soliciting is against the rules (this has been mentioned before); stop making claims you can not support and that are obviously false.

Last edited by Locknar; 30th January 2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 30th January 2008, 03:26 PM   #108
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

<snip>
And I do not have the money to pay for hair testing photo experts and what ever kind of experts its going to take to convince you people .
Original claim: "I've sent hair to be analyzed" (to paraphrase)
Updated claim: "I do not have the money to pay for hair testing"

Original claim: "Photo experts have analyzed my picture and say it shows a BF" (to paraphrase)
Updated claim: "I do not have the money to pay for...photo experts"

Obviously your original claims were lies, or what you just said is - which is it?

With "BF" entering your house, eating your beans, roaring in your front yard, the legendary "Good-ship Lollipop" (ie. your boat) - yet nobody, not even folks that believe in "BF", seem to care or believe your claims. Why is that?

Last edited by Locknar; 30th January 2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 30th January 2008, 04:09 PM   #109
PetersCreek

No. It doesn't work that way. Since discussion of your photo should properly take place in the moderated thread, I'll speak in general terms here. If an item of alleged evidence has not been analyzed, it is unconfirmed and cannot legitimately be offered up as "real". Bluff, bluster, and BS will not cut it. A real researcher would know this.

Quote:
The ball is is you peoples court not mine its up to you to prove me worng I have presented my side now prove me worng .

No. It doesn't work that way. The ball is in your court. It's your responsibility to adequately support your claims. This has been explained to you many times with great paitence and yet, you have not done so. In the unlikely event any real researcher didn't know this to begin with, he would have long before now.

Quote:

No. It doesn't work that way. You are not right by default. No one is obligated to accept what you say when you don't/can't/won't back it up with substance.

...or to put it another way...

You're worng. No worng was ever wornger. You're teh worngiest worng taht ever was worng. You're the Worngmeister.
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 05:55 PM   #110
Loss Leader

Then stop trying.

L. Leader
Old 30th January 2008, 05:56 PM   #111
Creekfreak
Banned

Come on down boys we'll have us a bigfoot bar b q everyones invited !
Old 30th January 2008, 06:07 PM   #112
devnull
Philosopher

yehaw!!!!!
Old 30th January 2008, 06:37 PM   #113
Creekfreak
Banned

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1212201347.htm
Old 30th January 2008, 06:38 PM   #114
halofish2000
Thinker

Creek...I have to hand it to you. You are still at it after all this time. You bring a photo with claims to a skeptics forum but you refuse to back down. Now, I understand that money is an issue. I am familiar with your area. You have got to have some friends that would be willing to help with your efforts. You seem to be resourceful. Make it happen. And now you want to capture one alive? Now you are getting into even more complicated techniques. May want to study up on trapping techniques and possibly employing someone that could tranq the sucker. Once you got one, then what? Containment should be fun. A live speciman...cool. A dead speciman...cool. With all the BF believers and researchers out there, I find it odd that this creature continues to evade capture. Get 'er done and get us one. Ya hear!
halofish2000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 06:41 PM   #115
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

And the point you are trying to make with this link Creekfreak...oh wait, thats right there is no point because you don't have time for critical thinking.

Last edited by Locknar; 30th January 2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 30th January 2008, 06:45 PM   #116
Creekfreak
Banned

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0911202510.htm

Mod WarningCreekfreak, in he future, please post links like this with some commentary about why you believe they pertain to the discussion at hand; also, once should be sufficient. Thank you.
Posted By:jmercer

Last edited by jmercer; 31st January 2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 30th January 2008, 06:57 PM   #117
Creekfreak
Banned

There are no classes on traping one these animals halo the trap is of my own invention its never been tryed before .
After it is traped it will be released back to its home unharmed in the shortest amount of time possible .
Old 30th January 2008, 07:00 PM   #118
halofish2000
Thinker

Why the links about apes and chimps....we KNOW they exist.
halofish2000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2008, 07:06 PM   #119
halofish2000
Thinker

But you will have to contain it long enough to have it verified as a new creature...by scientists, not arm chair researchers.
Old 30th January 2008, 07:09 PM   #120
Creekfreak
Banned

I am giveing you examples of creatures that act in the same ways the bigfoot act .

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal