ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags angels

Old 12th May 2018, 09:50 PM   #1
corybluefire
Thinker

Proof angels exist has been captured by security camera

Saw it on the news and they think it's an angel.

Omg!

(It's a moth)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1526186747853.jpg (26.8 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1526186773243.jpg (25.8 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by corybluefire; 12th May 2018 at 09:52 PM.
corybluefire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 12:00 AM   #2
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

My money is on a moth, close to the camera.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 01:32 AM   #3
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Uh huh, angels 'proved', search for intelligent life on Earth continues....
Old 13th May 2018, 03:49 AM   #4
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

I think it's a moth carrying an earring, it's a well documented phenomenon althrough they have a tendency to drop them when getting restaurant take-out.
Old 13th May 2018, 04:47 AM   #5
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Very, very cool, especially the first photo.

But, yes - moth.
Old 13th May 2018, 04:52 AM   #6
smartcooky
Philosopher

Oh, I recognise that place... its Point Pleasant VA
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 05:50 AM   #7
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Funny isn't it. Angels are invisible whenever they want, which is most of the time. Yet somehow they can't figure out CCTV. The morons.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 06:39 AM   #8
Leftus
Muse

My check engine light was on, and now it's off! The miracle of the sacred moth.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 06:43 AM   #9
Jodie
Philosopher

Or it's a bat.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 06:43 AM   #10
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

I, for one, welcome our new lepidopteran overlords.
Old 13th May 2018, 07:10 AM   #11
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

While I'm inclined to believe this is something other than an angel, I'd be fairly willing to accept that it is an honest mistake, since it is, as usual, conspicuously worthless and ineffective, avoiding any engagement with the troubles of the world.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 07:26 AM   #12
Thermal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
I think it's a moth carrying an earring, it's a well documented phenomenon althrough they have a tendency to drop them when getting restaurant take-out.

Travelling at terminal velocity from the moon.
Old 13th May 2018, 08:16 AM   #13
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I had forgotten about corybot. good to see it's still running.
----------------------------------------------
ďThat which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.Ē -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 09:20 AM   #14
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post

Travelling at terminal velocity from the moon.
Two mysteries solved in one!

Yay us!
Old 13th May 2018, 09:43 AM   #15
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 10:11 AM   #16
Apathia
Illuminator

It's the Mothman!

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 11:13 AM   #17
showmevegas
Scholar

Feathery earring
showmevegas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 11:27 AM   #18
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Oh, I recognise that place... its Point Pleasant VA

Wrong state.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 11:30 AM   #19
Thermal
Illuminator

Two mysteries solved in one!

Yay us!
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 13th May 2018, 12:02 PM   #20
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
If you've got a VW van I have a cowardly dog. We could go into the mystery business!
Old 13th May 2018, 12:08 PM   #21
Thermal
Illuminator

If you've got a VW van I have a cowardly dog. We could go into the mystery business!
Best I can offer is a comically large magnifying glass and a heroin addiction.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:34 PM   #22
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Best I can offer is a comically large magnifying glass and a heroin addiction.
Hhhmmm, on reflection, Watson got the girl and the income on the stories without going waterfall diving...

...sure, I'm in.
Old 13th May 2018, 07:38 PM   #23
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Wrong state.
East, West, who cares?

You know what I meant!!
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 08:00 PM   #24
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
East, West, who cares?

You know what I meant!!

It may not mean much to someone in New Zealand, but if you are from WV it matters. It took a Civil War to get the right to be our own state. (I always thought we would have been better off naming it Kanawa, the way a lot of folks wanted.)

If someone wrote that Kiwis are just Australians, you might point out the error too.

Or mebbe not. Who cares?
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 08:03 PM   #25
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by showmevegas View Post
Feathery earring
Very good.
It is urgent for Americans to think and speak clearly about President Trumpís inability to do either. This seems to be not a mere disinclination but a disability. It is not merely the result of intellectual sloth but of an untrained mind bereft of information and married to stratospheric self-confidence.

George F. Will
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 08:06 PM   #26
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I AGREE

George Carlin talks about angels

not suitable . . . etc.
It is urgent for Americans to think and speak clearly about President Trumpís inability to do either. This seems to be not a mere disinclination but a disability. It is not merely the result of intellectual sloth but of an untrained mind bereft of information and married to stratospheric self-confidence.

George F. Will
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 09:18 PM   #27
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Why does it have to be an angel? Looks more like a Dementor to me.
Old 14th May 2018, 12:03 AM   #28
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
Why does it have to be an angel? Looks more like a Dementor to me.
Or a Nazgul.
Old 14th May 2018, 01:54 AM   #29
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

How dare you lot suggest it is anything other than a supernatural being? News about the supernatural sells.

If anyone wants to look at the video, it can be found here http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Man...482423301.html
Old 14th May 2018, 08:58 AM   #30
Steve001
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by corybluefire View Post
Saw it on the news and they think it's an angel.

Omg!

(It's a moth)
Got a link?
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2018, 09:21 AM   #31
bytewizard
Graduate Poster

It is an angel. It's Mike Trout.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2018, 10:04 AM   #32
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Looking at the image more closely, I think they got it wrong.

It's actually a whole bunch of angels, one behind another, like a Busby Berkeley dance routine.

This explains the apparent blurriness.
Old 15th May 2018, 07:19 AM   #33
Pterodactyl
Muse

That "angel" appears to be taking a leak all over that Chevy Silverado.

Ford fan?
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 07:38 AM   #34
Drewbot
Philosopher

Angel Hunters are still tied with The Bigfooters.

ANGEL HUNTERS: 0
BIGFOOTERS : 0

Both teams are locked in a deadlock at zero for actual evidence.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 11:39 AM   #35
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
That "angel" appears to be taking a leak all over that Chevy Silverado.

Ford fan?

Calvin fan?
Old 15th May 2018, 03:23 PM   #36
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

How many Angels can dance on the roof of a Chevy?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 04:22 PM   #37
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

Depends. Are we talking '71 Impala, or 2013 Spark?
Old 16th May 2018, 02:10 AM   #38
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Chase?
Old 16th May 2018, 06:03 AM   #39
Myriad
Hyperthetical

At least it's not the weeping variety.

Probably.
Old 16th May 2018, 02:05 PM   #40
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Joking aside, does anyone else find it truly depressing that people over the age of about six who've presumably had the benefit of some kind of education, or at least contact with the real world outside of a cult, in the modern day, would look at that and believe it was photos of an angel?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal