ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth

Old 30th September 2015, 12:05 PM   #121
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
- that's about 180 tons of TNT.
Or, one coat of thermyth paint.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2015, 12:06 PM   #122
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Here, let me change that.
I guess no one here wanted to pay for that, so you've done us a service. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2015, 12:28 PM   #123
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

His estimate of 508 GJ potential energy in a tower is plausible (I usually go with Greg Urich's 480 GJ, as I eplain in my other blog. if the 1,255 GJ needed to crush a tower the way Walter imagines were true, then he must believe that there were explosives releasing at least 747 GJ - that's about 180 tons of TNT. He can't be serious. That's 400,000 charges of 1 pound each, or 40,000 charges of 10 pounds each. Crazy crazy stuff.
Sounds like he's parroting Hoffman. Even Hoffman gave up on that crap.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2015, 12:33 PM   #124
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Make sure your heads don't explode when they are confronted with truth, facts, and legitimate science. Actually...nevermind.
...because you won't find any of that here.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2015, 02:17 PM   #125
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks for posting this.
As exptected, the booklet repeats many of the same old lies.

Poking into the file at random, here a few quick examples of lies:

"World Trade Center Building 7 (WTC 7) ... collapsed ... into its own footprint"
"COMMON MISUNDERSTANDINGS [include] “The fires melted the steel.”"
"Constant Acceleration through the Path of Greatest Resistance"
"Today, Bazant and Le’s paper is the sole piece of analysis upon which the official hypothesis’ explanation for the total collapse of WTC 1 and WTC 2 rests."
"near-total pulverization of their concrete flooring"
"the collapses [of WTC1+2] occurred “essentially in free fall.”"
"a large percentage of the buildings’ materials was ejected upwards and laterally"
"NIST’s model of WTC 7’s collapse shows large deformations to the exterior of WTC 7" [caption to an image of the inapplicable of several NIST simulations]
"Kevin McPadden...: ... BA-BOOOOOM!"
"About seven seconds after [Ashleigh Banfield] hears the loud sound, WTC 7 collapses."
"Features Indicative of Nano-thermite [include] ... [ignition] at ... 430°C"
"The presence of the above-described substance in the WTC dust strongly suggests that nano-thermite was used in the destruction of WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7."

This after a quick "diagonal" reading.

Many more lies by innuendo and errors of logic. The usual balloney.

I found this interesting:

His estimate of 508 GJ potential energy in a tower is plausible (I usually go with Greg Urich's 480 GJ, as I eplain in my other blog. if the 1,255 GJ needed to crush a tower the way Walter imagines were true, then he must believe that there were explosives releasing at least 747 GJ - that's about 180 tons of TNT. He can't be serious. That's 400,000 charges of 1 pound each, or 40,000 charges of 10 pounds each. Crazy crazy stuff.
Darn, I was just doing the dust alone with my estimate of the WTC E=mgh released; and to crush the dust as they said was done, requires and extra 67 Tons of TNT. It is so sad to see so much fail in one place, and sad people fall for it without doing the math.
I did not get to the core and shell destruction.

I also prefer to think of the floor in the WTC; it fails over a certain weight. This simplifies the entire collapse.

What is bad news, CD uses tiny amounts of explosives and uses energy from gravity to do the major work to destroy buildings.

A 911 truth version of 911 would have a giant explosion with a giant bang, not a typical looking CD, but a Hollywood giant blast event, with objects flying thousands of feet, not hundreds.

Holy crap, using their overall energy to destory the WTC, vs my energy of 576,210,000,000 joules for E=mgh; they need more energy than is in the entire gravity collapse - wow - 162 Tons of TNT.
LOL, does anyone in 911 truth do the math, and then logically check it; the dust was not mostly concrete... is one problem.

Using their E=mgh, you get your numbers... wow - what a failed paper, based on BS.

I guess their audience is people who can't do math and physics.

They need 162 to 180 2,000 pound bombs to do 911. Over one giant bomb per floor. Like the 93 bombing with a van on each floor!
Now that would not look like CD, it would look like 180 2,000 pound bombs going off in a building.

So sad to see Gage make up propaganda to feed the paranoid and nuts like the Boston bombers.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2015, 12:21 AM   #126
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

AE911Truth has trouble mailing the booklet:

On October 1
Originally Posted by AConfederacyofDunces
Still waiting anxiously for my copy ordered months ago. Anyone else having this problem?
October 8:
Originally Posted by AConfederacyofDunces
I contacted A & E and got a nice note back from Kelly David asking for patience and suggesting that I look at the e-book. I like real books and was excited to hear about and support this project. I want to read and review it before I consider a bulk purchase. How can I take advantage of a bulk price if I can't get my personal $50 copy? Glad to hear that some are getting their order, but honestly I'm frustrated. Thanks for the replies.
Old 20th December 2015, 10:53 AM   #127
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The e-Book can now be downloaded for free from

http://www.beyondmisinformation.org/

(Download link is at the very bottom)
BUT you must submit your full name, street address and email

Last edited by Oystein; 20th December 2015 at 10:54 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2015, 12:00 PM   #128
MileHighMadness
Muse

The e-Book can now be downloaded for free from

http://www.beyondmisinformation.org/

(Download link is at the very bottom)
BUT you must submit your full name, street address and email
Wow...I put in a false name, address and email address and got the download.

I wasn't wanting to lie, I just don't want to be on their mailing list.
Old 21st December 2015, 05:40 AM   #129
JSanderO
Master Poster

Downloaded this booklet... it's just another slick PR restatement of all the false claims we've heard since 2008 or so. Are these people deluded or crazy or cynical or ignorant? The is clearly aimed at the low hanging non thinking naive public.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2015, 03:07 PM   #130
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Sounds like he's parroting Hoffman. Even Hoffman gave up on that crap.
That's Hoffman of the super hot 'pyroclastic dust cloud' that didn't manage to kill or even scorch anything near the towers.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories