ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , tony szamboti , Zdenek Bazant

Reply
Old 2nd July 2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Bitca
Student
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 34
Tony harasses Bazant

Posted today. For everyone's sake, I've omitted the picture of Tony. I've also saved you a visit to the site.

Quote:
Mechanical Engineer Sends Open Letter to Main Defender of the 9/11 Official Account, Zdeněk Bažant

“This open letter is being sent to you to request that you correct your four papers on the collapse of the WTC Towers, which were published by the Journal of Engineering Mechanics.” — Tony Szamboti

On June 19, 2016, Tony Szamboti, a mechanical engineer who has studied the World Trade Center collapses intensively for the past ten years, sent an open letter to Northwestern civil engineering Professor Zdeněk Bažant. Dr. Bažant is the author of four articles in the Journal of Engineering Mechanics that purport to explain why the lower sections of the WTC Twin Towers provided no discernible resistance to the falling upper sections.



The Open Letter
...snip...
Now we know why bazantmisconduct was created from the finest woo.

Edited by jsfisher:  Quoted text edited for compliance with Rule 4 of the Membership Agreement.

Last edited by jsfisher; 3rd July 2016 at 08:46 AM.
Bitca is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:32 PM   #2
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,978
Which part of E=mgh does Tony have problems with? Why can't an engineer do physics or understand Bazant's model. No clue what models are as he tries to back in the delusion of CD.

Quote:
The overestimates of velocity and mass of the descending upper section in your papers cause it to have a kinetic energy which is several times what it actually would have been. Of course, this would make a collapse propagation more likely.
Tony can't do models. What is new.


Tony, have you told the FBI they missed the silent explosives?
Quote:
Unfortunately, the possibility that there were charges in the buildings has not been investigated... Anthony Szamboti
paranoid conspiracy theorists with a fantasy of CD... aka, the realcddeal
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232

Last edited by beachnut; 2nd July 2016 at 09:34 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:30 PM   #3
MileHighMadness
Muse
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just Southeast of Hell
Posts: 645
OMG...our favorite unlicensed mechanical engineer is trying to tell one of the most brilliant structural engineers on the planet on how to do his job.

Well, the good news...Tony will never live long enough to realize how big of a fool he has made of himself.
__________________
I dont look forward to heaven, it sounds as boring as hell. Lord Postsettle
MileHighMadness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 02:41 AM   #4
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,974
Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
OMG...our favorite unlicensed mechanical engineer is trying to tell one of the most brilliant structural engineers on the planet on how to do his job.

Well, the good news...Tony will never live long enough to realize how big of a fool he has made of himself.
You claim you are a structural engineer. Why don't you answer the points in the letter which describe the errors in Dr. Bazant's papers instead of just complaining about it without giving a reason?

I am also wondering just what your comment concerning your estimate of how long I will live is about. My wife took it as a threat and is upset about it. I reported your post and asked the moderators to give me your real name.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 3rd July 2016 at 03:20 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 05:54 AM   #5
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
You claim you are a structural engineer. Why don't you answer the points in the letter which describe the errors in Dr. Bazant's papers instead of just complaining about it without giving a reason?

I am also wondering just what your comment concerning your estimate of how long I will live is about. My wife took it as a threat and is upset about it. I reported your post and asked the moderators to give me your real name.
I wish you a long happy life Tony, you have brought much humor into the world.

Though you do tend to misconceive it as engineering, for some absurd reason.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 06:02 AM   #6
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Which part of E=mgh does Tony have problems with? Why can't an engineer do physics or understand Bazant's model. No clue what models are as he tries to back in the delusion of CD.

Tony can't do models. What is new.


Tony, have you told the FBI they missed the silent explosives?
To view the first jolt, every second frame on the video would have to be measured, in a Fifty frames per second video.

For me the boom, boom, boom of the floor collapses is evidence of multiple impact Jolts and thus Tony's missing Jolt nonsense is falsified.

Tony, physics, and reality were separated long ago.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 06:03 AM   #7
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 06:29 AM   #8
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,974
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
To view the first jolt, every second frame on the video would have to be measured, in a Fifty frames per second video.

For me the boom, boom, boom of the floor collapses is evidence of multiple impact Jolts and thus Tony's missing Jolt nonsense is falsified.

Tony, physics, and reality were separated long ago.
First, you are wrong saying the frame rate of the video used for the measurements was fifty frames per second. The video used for the measurements (the Sauret video) used the NTSC standard, which is 29.97 frames per second (one frame every 33 milliseconds).

Second, the 6g impulse (jolt) required to cause buckling would produce a velocity loss of 17.38 ft./second, which would require about 844 milliseconds to recover at the 0.64g acceleration it was falling at. This would be about 25 frames. Measuring every 5th frame, as we did, would give at least 4 measurements which would show reduced velocity. None is ever observed in the measurements.

Your error with the frame rate itself shows you do not have all of the parameters right to even contemplate what you are trying to say. You really should get those things right before saying someone else isn't dealing with reality. Your indulgence in making these types of claims, which contain easily provable inaccuracies, is precisely why this forum cannot be taken seriously.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 3rd July 2016 at 06:52 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 06:52 AM   #9
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
First, you are wrong saying the frame rate of the video used for the measurements was fifty frames per second. The video used for the measurements (the Sauret video) used the NTSC standard, which is 29.97 frames per second (one frame every 33 milliseconds).

Second, the 6g impulse (jolt) required to cause buckling would produce a velocity loss of 17.38 ft./second, which would require about 844 milliseconds to recover at the 0.64g acceleration it was falling at. This would be about 25 frames. Measuring every 5th frame, as we did, would give at least 4 measurements which would show reduced velocity. None is ever observed in the measurements.

Your error with the frame rate itself shows you do not have all of the parameters right to even contemplate what you are trying to say. You really should get those things right before saying someone else isn't dealing with reality. The easily provable inaccuracies in your comments is precisely why this forum cannot be taken seriously.

Word salad. You're not fooling anybody.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 06:58 AM   #10
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,869
Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
OMG...our favorite unlicensed mechanical engineer is trying to tell one of the most brilliant structural engineers on the planet on how to do his job.

Well, the good news...Tony will never live long enough to realize how big of a fool he has made of himself.
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
You claim you are a structural engineer. Why don't you answer the points in the letter which describe the errors in Dr. Bazant's papers instead of just complaining about it without giving a reason?

I am also wondering just what your comment concerning your estimate of how long I will live is about. My wife took it as a threat and is upset about it. I reported your post and asked the moderators to give me your real name.
"Will never live long enough" is a manner of expression, not a threat. It says you will never realize how wrong you have been.
http://tinyurl.com/hln9jsu

The violent threats and stalking of the those on this board come from the disturbed truther side. A number have already dropped out, some still remain.
I take your naming of MHM as your veiled threat to silence him.


__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 07:29 AM   #11
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
First, you are wrong about the fifty frames per second rate of the video. The NTSC standard is 29.97 frames per second and thus one frame every 33 milliseconds.

Second, the 6g impulse (jolt) required to cause buckling would produce a velocity loss of 17.38 ft./second, which would require about 844 milliseconds to recover at the .64g acceleration it was falling at. This would be about 25 frames. Measuring every 5th frame would give 5 measurements which would show reduced velocity. None is ever measured.

Your error with the frame rate itself shows you do not have all of the parameters right to even contemplate what you are trying to say. You really should get those things right before saying someone else isn't dealing with reality. The easily provable inaccuracies in your comments is precisely why this forum cannot be taken seriously.
That's the frame rate capable in a modern High definition camera, secondly reducing the frame rate as you just did insures no possible observance of a rebounding at all.

A rebound wave is nessisary for observation, of an energy transference at the speed of 5900 meters per second.

That is the speed compression energy travels though solid steel Tony, the speed of energy transfer, and the energy and materials involved means only a quick disunification effect,
Triggered by both rebounding waves could be observed.

Oh you probably thought there would only be one rebound wave, which would not be the case,
Duel rebound waves means duel disunification, from simple connection failures.

The sound in the early collapses also falsifies the columns removed by charges theory as does the seismic data.

Crush up, Crush down is easily falsified, as is the missing Jolt based on it, I don't even have to go into the engineer, physics and evidence falsify them.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 07:31 AM   #12
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,132
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
I am also wondering just what your comment concerning your estimate of how long I will live is about.
Stupid is forever. That's what it's about.

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
My wife took it as a threat and is upset about it.
Then she needs to be seen to...

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
I reported your post and asked the moderators to give me your real name.
...just not by you.

__________________
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 07:46 AM   #13
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Stupid is forever. That's what it's about.



Then she needs to be seen to...



...just not by you.


It is like he thinks we and the university are gullible enough to believe his bull, or that
Cole's experiments that he supports have any validity.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 07:46 AM   #14
MileHighMadness
Muse
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just Southeast of Hell
Posts: 645
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
You claim you are a structural engineer. Why don't you answer the points in the letter which describe the errors in Dr. Bazant's papers instead of just complaining about it without giving a reason?

I am also wondering just what your comment concerning your estimate of how long I will live is about. My wife took it as a threat and is upset about it. I reported your post and asked the moderators to give me your real name.
Tony, it was not a threat...I wish you a long life.

You should already know my real name, you emailed me your WTC 7 computer model years ago.
__________________
I dont look forward to heaven, it sounds as boring as hell. Lord Postsettle
MileHighMadness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:17 AM   #15
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,609
My favorite sentence in the whole paper:

Quote:
The NIST stopped their analysis at a point where the report says the building was “poised to collapse” when the south exterior wall purportedly buckled.
I seriously doubt anyone actually read that far considering who it came from. You've got to admire Tonys consistency. He's likely one of the only people left that believe Bazants model accurately represented reality.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:32 AM   #16
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
My favorite sentence in the whole paper:



I seriously doubt anyone actually read that far considering who it came from. You've got to admire Tonys consistency. He's likely one of the only people left that believe Bazants model accurately represented reality.
Yes Tony is a great fiction writer.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:05 AM   #17
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,974
Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
Tony, it was not a threat...I wish you a long life.

You should already know my real name, you emailed me your WTC 7 computer model years ago.
Okay.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:12 AM   #18
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,974
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Yes Tony is a great fiction writer.
No, it is that you don't understand how an impulse would have been observed, if it had occurred. It would have been through the velocity loss and the recovery time.

The impulse itself happens too fast, but it isn't necessary to see it as a significant velocity loss would be required and would be the telltale sign.

No velocity loss was observed and the recovery time was more than long enough to have a significant number of measurements which would have shown it if an impulse of the magnitude required to buckle the columns had in fact occurred.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:22 AM   #19
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
No, it is that you don't understand how an impulse would have been observed, if it had occurred. It would have been through the velocity loss and the recovery time.

The impulse itself happens too fast, but it isn't necessary to see it as a significant velocity loss would be required and would be the telltale sign.

No velocity loss was observed and the recovery time was more than long enough to have a significant number of measurements which would have shown it if an impulse of the magnitude required to buckle the columns had in fact occurred.
Nothing you write changes reality.
Aircraft impacts and fire took down the towers.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:28 AM   #20
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
No, it is that you don't understand how an impulse would have been observed, if it had occurred. It would have been through the velocity loss and the recovery time.

The impulse itself happens too fast, but it isn't necessary to see it as a significant velocity loss would be required and would be the telltale sign.

No velocity loss was observed and the recovery time was more than long enough to have a significant number of measurements which would have shown it if an impulse of the magnitude required to buckle the columns had in fact occurred.
That is not factual and is totally fallacious given the energy values involved, you really don't understand physics do you, a simple engineering question you should easily be able to answer, what would be the pressure in a 2 inch pvc pipe filled with water standing up right 2200ft tall?

Velocity loss is determined by the simple equation, ma><r, if the towers upper mass fell though air, water, vacuum, or a solid steel block the same equation applies.

The connections were simply not strong enough to make much of a difference, the building was not designed to resist that amount of dynamic loading.

That is why Cole's experiment are fallacious, and self debunking and why I asked Cole about the energy values in the first place.
Why do you support obviously fallacious Ideas like Cole's experiments?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:45 AM   #21
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
No, it is that you don't understand how an impulse would have been observed, if it had occurred. It would have been through the velocity loss and the recovery time.

The impulse itself happens too fast, but it isn't necessary to see it as a significant velocity loss would be required and would be the telltale sign.

No velocity loss was observed and the recovery time was more than long enough to have a significant number of measurements which would have shown it if an impulse of the magnitude required to buckle the columns had in fact occurred.
Don't forget I did actual experiments on this that helped, Benson and Greening and actually observed what occurs with objects of similar energy values in Collisions, experiments with tons of materials not pounds, or ounces.

I can also point to flaws in Jones's work, Cole's work, and much more of the pesudo science you subscribe too. If your wanting to simply raise Gage's income this might not be the best place, for that.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:54 AM   #22
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,609
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
No, it is that you don't understand how an impulse would have been observed, if it had occurred.
This is a very important statement. I believe this is true but, there is no reason expect a Banzant type of impulse given what was observed in all of the videos.

Tony skips a big step in his analysis. He needs to prove a direct column on column impact over the entire floor would be expected. Using all known video evidence this is not going to happen.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 10:42 AM   #23
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
This is a very important statement. I believe this is true but, there is no reason expect a Banzant type of impulse given what was observed in all of the videos.

Tony skips a big step in his analysis. He needs to prove a direct column on column impact over the entire floor would be expected. Using all known video evidence this is not going to happen.
No he forget the impact is an event that has a limited time, like a bunny rabbit that jumps directly into a black holes event horizon the energy involved in the squish will limit the Time interval of the reaction.
From the observers point of view the bunny rabbit is forever jumping in, we would never see the squashed bunny.
That's what I got Tony to confirm in the frame rate he gave the Jolt could not be captured by the camera, Tony debunked himself.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 02:15 PM   #24
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,978
Why is Tony off by an order of magnitude

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
You claim you are a structural engineer. Why don't you answer the points in the letter which describe the errors in Dr. Bazant's papers instead of just complaining about it without giving a reason?

I am also wondering just what your comment concerning your estimate of how long I will live is about. My wife took it as a threat and is upset about it. I reported your post and asked the moderators to give me your real name.
Your failure to understand a simple (lol, simple with differential equations...) by Bazant goes hand in hand with your CD fantasy based on zero evidence.

You have no clue why you can't see a major impulse, why a model is not real life... kind of sad you can't comprehend an engineering model.

Quote:
No, it is that you don't understand how an impulse would have been observed, if it had occurred.
The speed did vary, there was not a constant acceleration. You might want to review the raw data and then explain the different reason why you fail to realize your missing jolt is in the data, because the data matches the impacts and momentum transfer of the WTC collapse. Math and physics proves your missing jolt is there, you have no clue why you failed.

The biggest failure, you can't do the physics.
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
... It is the velocity loss which is observable and it would take over a second to regain the velocity, ...
You post proof you can't explain and have no practical knowledge of physics and engineering.
It only takes 0.07 to 0.1 second to regain speed of your missing jolts; why can't you do the physics. Why do you lie and say it takes over a second; is it on purpose or due to ignorance of physics?

Your CD claim is a lie, and why have you failed to post your letter to the FBI telling them WTC 7 was CD by people you can't name?

Quote:
Yes, well, he’s standing right next to a beam that obviously experienced some level of melting — temperatures that could cause melting. - TS
Why does Tony lie about steel which was corroded in fire, saying it melted? Why is CD based on lies.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232

Last edited by beachnut; 3rd July 2016 at 03:50 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 05:38 PM   #25
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,785
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
You claim you are a structural engineer. Why don't you answer the points in the letter which describe the errors in Dr. Bazant's papers instead of just complaining about it without giving a reason?
The contents of the letter itself provide the reason for criticism:

Quote:
By your use of free fall through the first story of the collapse it would seem that you had not measured the descent from video.
Bazants papers... especially his earliest ones were premised on a case model without real world bindings. Your criticisms have historically tried to tie it to the real world events. Its difficult to give your criticisms credence because so long after the fact you still havent read the opening paragraphs of said papers which state their limitations explicitely

The irony is if you made your criticisms on the understanding they were limit cases and treated them as such your argument might would have carried a little weight ameritted some discussion.
__________________

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 3rd July 2016 at 05:39 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:33 PM   #26
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
First, you are wrong saying the frame rate of the video used for the measurements was fifty frames per second. The video used for the measurements (the Sauret video) used the NTSC standard, which is 29.97 frames per second (one frame every 33 milliseconds).

Speaking of video, let's take a look here and please point out where demolition explosions are heard as WTC 1 collapses.


WTC 1 Collapse Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzIja6mlRs


In case you are unfamiliar with what demolition explosions sound like, let's review this video.


Controlled Demolition Explosions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4erFzhC-U


Now, once again, where's your video and audio CD evidence? If you are unable to produce such evidence for all to see and hear, you have no CD case. To put it bluntly, there's no CD evidence for you to present.

Playing with figures and words won't cut it without CD evidence.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 3rd July 2016 at 08:39 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 01:58 AM   #27
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,169
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
You've got to admire Tonys consistency. He's likely one of the only people left that believe Bazants model accurately represented reality.
More to the point, he believes that the photographs taken on the day don't accurately represent reality, and will argue passionately for them being faked on the basis that his personal conception of Bazant's oversimplification isn't consistent with them.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 02:06 AM   #28
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns
 
funk de fino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UAE
Posts: 11,938
Tony claimed he saw a video where Silverstein admitted blowing up WTC7. He has never ever been able to find it. This lack of evidence would suggest that he is a liar.

Tony made claims about the NIST report into the WTC1 and WTC2 collapses that were false. This would point to him either not reading them fully or being a liar.

Tony makes basic errors in his analysis. This would point to him not being qualified to comment on this subject.
__________________

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 06:09 AM   #29
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
ahhh, the old, missing jolt revisited.

How I didn't miss this.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 06:18 AM   #30
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
ahhh, the old, missing jolt revisited.

How I didn't miss this.
You were lucky, now your not, you found it.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 06:24 AM   #31
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Tony is like a pianist that only knows one note, and keeps playing it over and over and over.
You just have to walk away from it to save your sanity.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 08:02 AM   #32
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,974
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Tony is like a pianist that only knows one note, and keeps playing it over and over and over.
You just have to walk away from it to save your sanity.
Your comment assumes that those on this forum who accept the present nonsensical story we have been given by NIST and others are sane to begin with.

It is very likely they at least suffer from a low level of cognizance and may in fact be less than sane. If they are sane, it is likely to be their job to disagree with anyone questioning the present nonsensical story, no matter how strong the argument, and they suffer from moral turpitude. I would say Zdenek Bazant would be in the latter category if he does not correct the errors in his analyses now that he has been made fully aware of them. If he does correct them I would laud him as an honorable man.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 4th July 2016 at 08:17 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 08:16 AM   #33
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Your comment assumes that those on this forum who accept the present nonsensical story we have been given by NIST and others are sane to begin with.

It is very likely they at least suffer from a low level of cognizance and may in fact be less than sane. If they are sane, it is likely to be their job to disagree with anyone questioning the present nonsensical story and they suffer from moral turpitude.
Speaking of nonsensical, have you viewed one of Cole's experiments lately?

I remind you, you publicly stated support for them, can you tell me in his sulfidication experiment how the h, he would get CO and SO4 to reduce with out a chimney effect creating vortexes allowing for reduction?

Flawed Science is no Science (Nonsense,) Tony.

Please continue the Fraud that is AE/911 truth, Maybe Gage will hire you to mow his Lawn,
Can't see after this why anyone would want your engineering expertise.

You can fool the simpletons of the truth movement as it now exists Tony, but anyone who actually know anything can see right though the advertising campaign Gage is engaged in.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 09:13 AM   #34
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by funk de fino View Post
Tony claimed he saw a video where Silverstein admitted blowing up WTC7. He has never ever been able to find it. This lack of evidence would suggest that he is a liar.

I agree because if Larry Silverstein had made such a comment on video, he would have been serving time in prison for illegally blowing up a building in New York City.

What person would be so stupid as to admit on video, that he was responsible for illegallly blowing up buildings in New York City?

Answer: Osama bin Laden


Quote:
Tony made claims about the NIST report into the WTC1 and WTC2 collapses that were false. This would point to him either not reading them fully or being a liar.

Tony makes basic errors in his analysis. This would point to him not being qualified to comment on this subject.

That is correct, and I am beginning to think that Tony is just here for having fun and nothing else.

.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 4th July 2016 at 09:16 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 09:15 AM   #35
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,978
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
... their job to disagree with anyone questioning ...
More paranoid claptrap driven by the delusion of CD. No engineering, just BS.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232

Last edited by beachnut; 4th July 2016 at 09:16 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 09:17 AM   #36
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,609
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
If he does correct them I would laud him as an honorable man.
Even if this was to happen it does not change the conclusions of the NIST or other reports.

You still have no support for cd, and fire and damage with the recommendation for design changes still hold true.

The NIST was tasked with determine the most likely cause of collapse. They did that and you have done nothing to put that into question.

BTW: I like you're attempt to put into question the sanity of anyone that questions you, at least you're consistent.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 09:24 AM   #37
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Your comment assumes that those on this forum who accept the present nonsensical story we have been given by NIST and others are sane to begin with.

BTW, have you found any video that depicts the sound of demolition explosions as WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7 collapsed? If not, then you have no case for CD explosives.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 09:43 AM   #38
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Even if this was to happen it does not change the conclusions of the NIST or other reports.

You still have no support for cd, and fire and damage with the recommendation for design changes still hold true.

The NIST was tasked with determine the most likely cause of collapse. They did that and you have done nothing to put that into question.

BTW: I like you're attempt to put into question the sanity of anyone that questions you, at least you're consistent.
Sadly DGM, Tony like Steven Jones is an unreasonable man, he is like an old dog with a bone,
The bone will petrify into a fossil, and still he will not give it up.
Jones couldn't see that heating the Aluminum in a furnace was not recreating the fires in the twin towers, in any way. Spraying water on aluminum wasn't the same as how a hydrogen reaction occurs, It was sad seeing someone in charge of educating young minds be so clueless in his own flaws.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 09:54 AM   #39
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Question for You Tony, as the best and Brightest at AE/911Truth, have you informed Johnathan Cole, that if he were to create a copper oxide thermite fuse, layer that against the steel then mix thermite with a thermally released Oxydant, he would increase the cutting efficiently of thermite by 65-70%?

Oh you can also Use thermite with O2, as they did locally around here to cut though the steel in an old rail road trestle.

The problem you have however is getting a device to function in a fire, fire can cause thermite to become inert.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2016, 10:56 AM   #40
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Your comment assumes that those on this forum who accept the present nonsensical story we have been given by NIST and others are sane to begin with.

It is very likely they at least suffer from a low level of cognizance and may in fact be less than sane. If they are sane, it is likely to be their job to disagree with anyone questioning the present nonsensical story, no matter how strong the argument, and they suffer from moral turpitude. I would say Zdenek Bazant would be in the latter category if he does not correct the errors in his analyses now that he has been made fully aware of them. If he does correct them I would laud him as an honorable man.
If it's so nonsensical, this "official story" you hate so much, why is it the only one that accounts for the entire day's events?

Why have none of you nitwits EVER even come close to tying together the entire day's events?

It's because you can't - and you know it.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.