ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:14 PM   #3201
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
No. That was smart strategy. Now she is a free agent. Kinda like a pro athlete. She is now more powerful, as she is free to do whatever it takes to expose the crooks and bring justice to the nation's election, with no risk of jeopardizing Trump by association.
But, but she was a member of an "elite strike force team (snicker)" according to Jenna Ellis. What could be more powerful than that? It's like the Avengers or something. Now she's just a rando whack-job, squawking wildly on whatever lunatic conspiracy outlet that will still have her, or promoted by whatever clueless credule who still buys what she's selling, or whatever troll that still isn't bored by her.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 23rd November 2020 at 10:07 PM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:15 PM   #3202
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Time will tell
It done tolled.

306 - 232

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:21 PM   #3203
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Hey, **** you guys. As someone said on Twitter, Trump can relate to the common: He contracted COVID, lost his job, and now he's facing eviction. Have a heart.
Plus he's one of a growing number who want to bang Ivanka but haven't yet.
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:24 PM   #3204
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Plus he's one of a growing number who want to bang Ivanka but haven't yet.
Stay classy. This wasn't.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:30 PM   #3205
Bubba
Illuminator

Pretending it is over is ill advised, looks dumb, and it wont stop Sidney Powell.

She is diligently working to get her evidence to court. She wants to make sure it was a fair clean election and expose any significant fraud found.

Truth is that she might get to court, she might not. Time will tell.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:32 PM   #3206
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Pretending it is over is ill advised, looks dumb, and it wont stop Sidney Powell.

She is diligently working to get her evidence to court. She wants to make sure it was a fair clean election and expose any significant fraud found.

simple question, the only relevant question:

who is going to pay Powell for her work?
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:33 PM   #3207
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's over; no one cares what fevered fantasies Powell has to sell, not even Trump. The only people who look dumb are, well . . .

Quote:
She is diligently working . . .
On a psych eval.
Quote:
Time will tell.
It has told, and the bell has tolled: 306 - 232.

George Will on
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 23rd November 2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:42 PM   #3208
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Okay so who wants to calculate the over/under on the epilogue to Biden's victory being procedurally officialized?

Two scenarios:

1. Trump's temper tantrum is permanentized; he and his legal team continue to insist for the rest of their lives that the election results were fraudulent.

2. Trump's legal team issues a statement along the lines of "We only wanted to make sure the results were fair and accurate and we are now satisfied, this is the system working as intended no hard feelings" and Trump is left to insinuate for the rest of his life that he was robbed but in ways that his proxies and spokespersons can handwave as joking or ironic when called out for it.
I predict statements indicating both.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:43 PM   #3209
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

Mexico?
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:48 PM   #3210
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Not necessarily
I am eager to hear your proposal as to how the outcome of the hand recount could be consistent with machine count manipulation.

If you choose not to express it, I'll just take your statement as a "nuh-uh" and get on with my life. Somehow.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:49 PM   #3211
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

What's stopping her? They're at the point of "Scotty... now would be a good time."

Old 23rd November 2020, 09:52 PM   #3212
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

I better find some low calorie popcorn or else I'm going to gain a lot of weight.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:00 PM   #3213
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

No. That was smart strategy. Now she is a free agent. Kinda like a pro athlete. She is now more powerful, as she is free to do whatever it takes to expose the crooks and bring justice to the nation's election, with no risk of jeopardizing Trump by association.
I am trying to figure out how she is more powerful now that she is no longer working with the President of the United States and leader of the largest cult in the world, but I'm not coming up with an answer.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:10 PM   #3214
StillSleepy
Muse

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump in leather? I don't think I want to see that.
I have my doubts that the lace would be any better, but ultimately it's the confidence that's important.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:15 PM   #3215
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump in leather? I don't think I want to see that.
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
I have my doubts that the lace would be any better, but ultimately it's the confidence that's important.
I'm just hoping he'll eventually be modeling the latest in orange jumpsuits. Nice match to his skintone.
rdaneel is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:24 PM   #3216
dirtywick
Master Poster

Concocting wild conspiracy theories at press conferences so crazy that even the right wing media thinks she's so incompetent that Trump fired her publicly for said incompetence was a smart strategy. That's a lot to unpack to be honest.

Like if you believe there's more evidence coming, then you know you're asking me to believe she could have just released the evidence and revealed the whole thing weeks ago but instead chose to look like an idiot?

Quote:
Not necessarily
If they could change the physical counts to match the computer counts then why would they not just alter the physical counts and let the computer just count normally? That's like adding another giant insane conspiracy on top of an already giant, insane conspiracy theory.

Last edited by dirtywick; 23rd November 2020 at 10:26 PM.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:29 PM   #3217
Bubba
Illuminator

You failed to ask whether or not she needs money, and whether or not wants to be paid for trying to save the nation from election thieves.

Last edited by Bubba; 23rd November 2020 at 10:32 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:32 PM   #3218
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

No, she just wants Trump to be president, and will gleefully invent whatever explanation she needs to support that head-canon, regardless of the actual election result.

But it is ultimately meaningless, and Sydney Powell doesn't need to be "stopped" because she doesn't matter. Trump's own legal team was laughed out of court in Pennsylvania, and Biden has won so many times in Michigan by this point he may as well change his name to Ohio State.

It's over.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:38 PM   #3219
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You failed to ask whether or not she needs money, and whether or not wants to be paid for trying to save the nation from election thieves.
If she wants to protect the nation from election thieves, she need look no further than her former "elite strike force team (snicker)" and the mirror.

The transition is started; the cabinet building has begun. It. Is. Over.

George Will on
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 23rd November 2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:39 PM   #3220
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

For the sake of argument, let's assume that's what she thinks she is doing.

In that case, I would compare her to Don Quixote, who didn't feel the need to be paid for slaying dragons, but the windmill owners really wanted him to stop.

I have part ownership of the windmill that is American democracy, and she is doing damage to it, even if her intentions are exactly the opposite.
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:39 PM   #3221
Elagabalus
Philosopher

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

******* Myron Grombacher!! ******* kills it!!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:41 PM   #3222
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I was in Mike Flynn's position* I would fire Sidney Powell, because it is abundanlty clear that she is (in no particular order)

1. A complete nutcase
2. An utterly clueless and incompetent lawyer
3. Not focussing much on defending me

* I wouldn't be in Flynn's position because I would never betray my country the way he did.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:59 PM   #3223
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I was in Mike Flynn's position* I would fire Sidney Powell, because it is abundanlty clear that she is (in no particular order)

1. A complete nutcase
2. An utterly clueless and incompetent lawyer
3. Not focussing much on defending me

* I wouldn't be in Flynn's position because I would never betray my country the way he did.

Obamas old pal judge sullivan has Flynn under gag order. Why ??
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:05 PM   #3224
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
“infiltrated Antifa” LOL
Not only infiltrated but in

an Antifa conference call

I wonder where their HQ is? I guess it's in a dormant volcano somewhere.

Oh, puleeaassseee.

We're talking ANTIFA!!!??!!! here. They'd never settle for a dormant volcano.

They'll be in an active one.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:11 PM   #3225
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

you don't understand people like Powell.

They always want money.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:11 PM   #3226
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Does antifa have membership cards? Any specials deals, like free knife and fork set when you sign up? Secret handshakes and salutes?

...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 03:03 AM   #3227
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningThe latest conspiracy theory stuff in regards to Powell have been merged into the ongoing thread in the conspiracy section. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=347781

If Powell actually files anything in a court in relationship to overturning the 2020 GE or electoral fraud I’ll allow the topic back into the USA Politics section.

Until that happens keep her stuff to the Conspiracy Theory section of the forum.
Posted By:Darat
Old 24th November 2020, 03:15 AM   #3228
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod InfoContinuation thread: Allegations of Fraud in 2020 US Election Part II
Posted By:Darat

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics