ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , joe biden , Kamala Harris

Old 24th November 2020, 08:03 AM   #281
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

We already went through the whole "OMG the Left is going to make it so another country owns us" thing back in the 80s/90s with Japan.

This whole line of think reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of how inter-country economics works.
Old 24th November 2020, 08:11 AM   #282
Distracted1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
We already went through the whole "OMG the Left is going to make it so another country owns us" thing back in the 80s/90s with Japan.

This whole line of think reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of how inter-country economics works.
Actually, back in the eighties, it was the Democrats who were in favor of protectionist policies. The trade Unions were screaming for it, Reagan, and his cohort, were against it.
Old 24th November 2020, 08:14 AM   #283
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The tea party ran rather racist ads during the Obama admin of how our debt would mean the Chinese would soon own us. Then Trump won and deficits didn’t matter anymore.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 08:16 AM   #284
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
The tea party ran rather racist ads during the Obama admin of how our debt would mean the Chinese would soon own us. Then Trump won and deficits didn’t matter anymore.
Utter nonsense - they mean everything, well from 20th January 2021 they will.
Old 24th November 2020, 08:17 AM   #285
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Actually, back in the eighties, it was the Democrats who were in favor of protectionist policies. The trade Unions were screaming for it, Reagan, and his cohort, were against it.
Joe said “the left”....
Old 24th November 2020, 08:19 AM   #286
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Utter nonsense - they mean everything, well from 20th January 2021 they will.
At noon, to be specific.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 08:20 AM   #287
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I’m assuming that 21/1 will be the first shutdown unless “the dems” agree to a compromise of cutting spending on everything the Reps want cutting?
Old 24th November 2020, 08:21 AM   #288
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Anyone want a sweepstake on when the first “cancel the ACA” vote happens?
Old 24th November 2020, 08:56 AM   #289
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Anyone want a sweepstake on when the first “cancel the ACA” vote happens?
6/jan/2023, after the Republicans have retaken the House in the midterms.
Old 24th November 2020, 11:27 AM   #290
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
After four years of excitement, excrement boring sounds good to me.
Fixed that for you.

Confirmations should be "interesting". I expect Mitch will let most through eventually.
Judges, on the other hand, I don't expect a single federal judge or SCOTUS nomination to be approved for the next two years.
Old 24th November 2020, 01:21 PM   #291
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Individual Congressmen have to grow a spine and stand up to their so-called leaders' ******** from time to time.

The few "swing Senators" are essentially held hostage by their own party.

The Dems need to start a concerted effort to subvert at least a few GOP senators to their cause. There's got to be a weak link or two, who want something the Dems can offer.

At the same time, Biden should direct the CIA and FBI to figure out what kompromat the Russians gave Trump to get Ted Cruz and Linsey Graham to turn into complete boot-licking yes-men, so they can use it themselves.
Old 24th November 2020, 02:13 PM   #292
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Marco Rubio tweets

@marcorubio
Biden’s cabinet picks went to Ivy League schools,have strong resumes,attend all the right conferences & will be polite & orderly caretakers of America’s decline

I support American greatness

And I have no interest in returning to the “normal” that left us dependent on China
This is the way the GOP will pretend, going forward, that even though their guy lost the Presidency, they still have a complete right to dictate the policies of the one who won it. "Elections have consequences"- unless it's one Repubs lose, in which case, what election, there was an election?

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 02:29 PM   #293
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
This is the way the GOP will pretend, going forward, that even though their guy lost the Presidency, they still have a complete right to dictate the policies of the one who won it. "Elections have consequences"- unless it's one Repubs lose, in which case, what election, there was an election?
Marky is just starting early on trying to assume Trump's mantle. What he doesn't realize is that the pack will never follow a beta dog. This pack is going to need a new alpha.
Old 24th November 2020, 04:03 PM   #294
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Kayleigh McEnany tweeted

@kayleighmcenany
Apparently Biden’s pick for Secretary of State can serenade the Iranian mullahs with guitar tunes while they ship over more plane loads of American cash.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 05:36 PM   #295
dirtywick
Master Poster

The GOP may not hold the Senate
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 05:39 PM   #296
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Kayleigh McEnany tweeted

@kayleighmcenany
Apparently Biden’s pick for Secretary of State can serenade the Iranian mullahs with guitar tunes while they ship over more plane loads of American cash.
OAN Barbie.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 06:51 PM   #297
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

OAN Barbie still doesn't get it that it wasn't plane loads of cash and it their money to begin in the first place. Maybe Ken should explain it to her in one and two syllable words. Maybe a few drawings would help, too.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 11:08 PM   #298
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
So now educatin and ecpereince are bad is the new GOP mantra.
Problem for Little Marco is he is too well educated for the Trumpers...hell, he was a college profesor for a while.
Sas thing is Rubio is smart enough to know this is pure BS.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 11:09 PM   #299
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Marky is just starting early on trying to assume Trump's mantle. What he doesn't realize is that the pack will never follow a beta dog. This pack is going to need a new alpha.
Besided, Trumpy will let nobody assume the mantle except himself or one of his kids.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:15 AM   #300
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

So now educatin and ecpereince are bad is the new GOP mantra.
Problem for Little Marco is he is too well educated for the Trumpers...hell, he was a college profesor for a while.
Sas thing is Rubio is smart enough to know this is pure BS.
Besided, Trumpy will let nobody assume the mantle except himself or one of his kids.
I'm trying not to call you out, but I've been seeing a lot of typos in your posts lately. Is it because you're delirious with happiness that Trump lost?
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 03:40 PM   #301
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Night and Day.

This video of Biden giving a Thanksgiving Address demonstrates the stark difference between Trump.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 25th November 2020, 04:18 PM   #302
Venom
Illuminator

Or a loyalist.

I think Trump is going to reach borderline Eternal President level, where anyone taking up the Trump mantle is going to have to throw his name out there every so often for the base.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 06:58 PM   #303
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
I'm trying not to call you out, but I've been seeing a lot of typos in your posts lately. Is it because you're delirious with happiness that Trump lost?
Lately?! dudalb does not proof his posts - never has.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:03 PM   #304
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

ISTR a poster giving a one time warning some time ago that health issues (a stroke?) would be making typing posts problematic for him. Might have been dudalb.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics