ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Old 20th February 2017, 10:39 AM   #601
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Sparrow View Post
No, whe wrote -27 That is, NEGATIVE 27.
Which is NEGATIVE 3 cubed.

She also wrote 25
Nope. She didn't.

I am not in any way endorsing the lunatic idea that everyone hears anyone else's...brain. The fact remains that -3x -3x -3 = -27. To that extent Michel H is correct. The attempt to purloin that into telepathy is at best dishonest.

Michel H is reduced from his claim that all of us hear his thoughts clearly to the claim that somebody somewhere vaguely gets an impression of his thoughts, maybe, perhaps on planet X, to perhaps any numerical answer can be bodged into agreement is, IMHO, a tactical error. It matters not one whit what one might reply. If said reply contains in any way any form of numerical reference, then clearly, Michel H will warp it by any means possible into support for his obvious crankery about the very concept of telepathy.

Do not forget that the claim at hand is that all of us hear his thoughts clear as a bell, yet somehow conspire to lie about it. All 7 billion of us. Somehow, in a vague test of no meaning, we reveal our true intent by answering in any way that contains a number of any sort.

It is no different to Drosnin and his crackpot bible codes. At base, it is outright numerology nonsense.

Both numbers have 2 in it, so therefore she must be subconciously receiving
"2", which is incorrect. So, you lose.
Ah, this is how Michel bends any response as support for his useless contention. This is also why I am careful to put nothing in my replies anymore that can possibly be misconstrued as support in any way for Michel H's contentions.
Old 20th February 2017, 10:58 AM   #602
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Which is NEGATIVE 3 cubed.

Nope. She didn't.

I am not in any way endorsing the lunatic idea that everyone hears anyone else's...brain. The fact remains that -3x -3x -3 = -27. To that extent Michel H is correct. The attempt to purloin that into telepathy is at best dishonest.

Michel H is reduced from his claim that all of us hear his thoughts clearly to the claim that somebody somewhere vaguely gets an impression of his thoughts, maybe, perhaps on planet X, to perhaps any numerical answer can be bodged into agreement is, IMHO, a tactical error. It matters not one whit what one might reply. If said reply contains in any way any form of numerical reference, then clearly, Michel H will warp it by any means possible into support for his obvious crankery about the very concept of telepathy.

Do not forget that the claim at hand is that all of us hear his thoughts clear as a bell, yet somehow conspire to lie about it. All 7 billion of us. Somehow, in a vague test of no meaning, we reveal our true intent by answering in any way that contains a number of any sort.

It is no different to Drosnin and his crackpot bible codes. At base, it is outright numerology nonsense.

Ah, this is how Michel bends any response as support for his useless contention. This is also why I am careful to put nothing in my replies anymore that can possibly be misconstrued as support in any way for Michel H's contentions.
But look at all the three letter words that your Post contained. You even had three in a row at one point in your post. That makes it obvious (to Michel) that you heard his third word, and are just in denial mode. Responding at all can be confirmation that you heard his thoughts in his mind.

I could post 42 as a response and Michel would not even understand the reference. (ETA Actually I think that I and several others have already done this in past tests)

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 20th February 2017 at 11:01 AM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2017, 11:23 AM   #603
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I could post 42 as a response and Michel would not even understand the reference. (ETA Actually I think that I and several others have already done this in past tests)

Norm
Yup. And 42 is divisible by 3 and is therefore a hit in Michel H world.

Can I explain that? Nope. Can Michel H explain that? Nope.

Where does that leave us?
Old 20th February 2017, 12:27 PM   #604
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Having had one of my own posts twisted in this way (which incidentally annoyed the hell out of me), I don't think there is a post that can be written that Michel H can't twist to support whichever answer he wants it to support. When you're not constrained by anything remotely approaching reality, no mental leap is too far.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 01:13 AM   #605
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Nope. She didn't.

Well, yeah. I did write 25 in the post Michel H twisted, while avoiding the issue of his sexism. I first stated I had 25+ years of experience, but of course, he ignored this miss and glommed on to the -27.

The innumeracy must be a guy thing.
Old 10th April 2017, 02:11 PM   #606
Michel H
Graduate Poster

A new telepathy test: which word did I write?

I recently wrote and circled one of the seven words: "gas", "illegal", "bombs", "two", "sides", "same", and "coin" on my paper.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you might know it).

Thank you for participating.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 02:13 PM   #607
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

No.
Old 10th April 2017, 03:13 PM   #608
fagin
Illuminator

No.
Old 10th April 2017, 05:10 PM   #609
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
I recently wrote and circled one of the seven words: "gas", "illegal", "bombs", "two", "sides", "same", and "coin" on my paper.

Instead of this, why don't you try doing one of the better tests that have been suggested to you many times?
Old 10th April 2017, 05:32 PM   #610
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Instead of this, why don't you try doing one of the better tests that have been suggested to you many times?
Squeegee Beckenheim, I don't want to offend any one, but I really don't think that most of the criticism that was made about my tests on this forum was of great value. Psychological aspects are important here, and it is important to realize that most people who take part in these telepathy tests are not necessarily fully cooperative.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 06:09 PM   #611
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Not no, but hell no.

Not This Again!
Old 10th April 2017, 06:23 PM   #612
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Psychological aspects are important here, and it is important to realize that most people who take part in these telepathy tests are not necessarily fully cooperative.
We already know from many of your earlier tests that you think that people who give correct answers are "hearing" you, and that people who give incorrect answers are lying (according to you).

Oh, third category - people who give ambiguous answers are either telling the truth or lying, depending on the answer they give based solely on your subjective interpretation of the answer.

So, do you actually have a point?

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 07:19 PM   #613
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
We already know from many of your earlier tests that you think that people who give correct answers are "hearing" you, and that people who give incorrect answers are lying (according to you).

Oh, third category - people who give ambiguous answers are either telling the truth or lying, depending on the answer they give based solely on your subjective interpretation of the answer.

So, do you actually have a point?

Norm
fromdownunder, nobody is forced to believe me. When people give an answer which (to me) seems related to the correct choice, I feel I have an obligation to mention this in the conclusion of the test.
Cooperation is there, or cooperation is not there, both in the (possibly ambiguous) answers during the test, and in the reactions from members after I have presented my personal conclusions.
I am now trying to make my tests evolve towards something a little bit more "social", with the hope of maintaining (hopefully) some level of interest, on the various forums.
Old 10th April 2017, 07:43 PM   #614
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

I really don't think that most of the criticism that was made about my tests on this forum was of great value. .
Your "experiment" is worthless. A scientist would eliminate all variables.

You have not sought psychiatric consultation to remove mental illness as a variable. Until you do this you are wasting everyone's time.

Additionally you have made a conflicting hypothesis. Sometimes you claim you can make animals do things, other times you say you hear voices in your head telling you to kill people. That's not a testable hypothesis is it?

Either do this scientifically or go waste people's time on the David Icke forum where science is not a concern.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 08:12 PM   #615
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

no
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 01:47 AM   #616
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Squeegee Beckenheim, I don't want to offend any one, but I really don't think that most of the criticism that was made about my tests on this forum was of great value.
Perhaps, but you've been at this for years with no satisfying results. Why not give a different methodology a try?

Quote:
Psychological aspects are important here, and it is important to realize that most people who take part in these telepathy tests are not necessarily fully cooperative.
Then you should definitely give one of the methods that ensures all participants are necessarily fully cooperative a go, rather than repeating the same flawed test over and over again.
Old 11th April 2017, 02:30 AM   #617
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

No.
Old 11th April 2017, 02:46 AM   #618
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Perhaps, but you've been at this for years with no satisfying results. Why not give a different methodology a try?

Then you should definitely give one of the methods that ensures all participants are necessarily fully cooperative a go, rather than repeating the same flawed test over and over again.
I think the answer would be obvious to all but one of the posters in this thread: any reasonable test would remove bias and show that Michel has no telepathy. He ran shrieking from the room the last time such a test was proposed.
Old 11th April 2017, 03:08 AM   #619
wea
Critical Thinker

nobody is forced to believe me
wea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 04:08 AM   #620
Donn
Philosopher

No.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 05:16 AM   #621
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

No.
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 05:44 AM   #622
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

He should include "no" as one of the options next time, and claim all of the nopes here as evidence of future telepathy.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 06:28 AM   #623
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
He should include "no" as one of the options next time, and claim all of the nopes here as evidence of future telepathy.
Don't give the para parrot ideas.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 08:30 AM   #624
Michel H
Graduate Poster

This is why I introduced my simple credibility method: when people seem to be serious and reliable, then their answers seem to be more closely related to the correct one.
I remind you that you should in principle reply one of the following seven words:
... "gas", "illegal", "bombs", "two", "sides", "same", and "coin" ...
in this test.
Don't be afraid of trying, even if you are incorrect, your fellow skeptics won't be able to eat you, if you do . Those who are too scared of failing will never encounter success, because they've not at least tried.
Old 11th April 2017, 08:33 AM   #625
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

This is why I introduced my simple credibility method: when people seem to be serious and reliable, then their answers seem to be more closely related to the correct one.
I remind you that you should in principle reply one of the following seven words:

in this test.
Don't be afraid of trying, even if you are incorrect, your fellow skeptics won't be able to eat you, if you do . Those who are too scared of failing will never encounter success, because they've not at least tried.
And everyone is telling you "No" because we all know what you will do with any answer. You will simply make things up.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Old 11th April 2017, 08:35 AM   #626
The Sparrow
Muse

No
The Sparrow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 09:01 AM   #627
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Don't give the para parrot ideas.
I doubt anything we say here is capable of dislodging whatever's currently in his head.

Writing and circling "telepathy is hogwash" should also receive an above-chance hit rate.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2017, 09:37 AM   #628
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

in this test.

Again I say no to you! No!
Old 11th April 2017, 09:55 AM   #629
Donn
Philosopher

We are the Knights of Nay.
On this One Subject we agray.
Nivver to feed facts to folly,
Or follow Michel's fallacious way.

Last edited by Donn; 11th April 2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11th April 2017, 10:56 AM   #630
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
I doubt anything we say here is capable of dislodging whatever's currently in his head.

Writing and circling "telepathy is hogwash" should also receive an above-chance hit rate.
Worse yet any and I do mean any reply has, can, and will be twisted into an answer.

A simple no can be read as the numbers: 2, 29, 11, 1, 7

Character or not he will reply quoting several or more of you and show why your responses were answers.

Short and sweet. Do Not Reply. Period.

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 11th April 2017 at 10:57 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2017, 01:49 AM   #631
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

This is nonsense, as you know. You should use one of the suggested methods which ensures that the only people who can participate are necessarily fully cooperative.

Quote:
I'm not going to help feed your delusion, only suggest that you try a real test of your abilities, rather than repeating the same unreliable, easily gamed "test" you've been running sporadically for the last 4 years. If you truly believe in your abilities then you have no reason not to. Even if just to shut other people up doing a proper test once in 4 years isn't going to hurt, is it? If you don't truly believe in your abilities, then what are you doing?
Old 13th April 2017, 01:08 PM   #632
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

No
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 02:24 PM   #633
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

No.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 03:20 PM   #634
Marcus
Master Poster

At least you said "if". It seems unlikely anyone would think they might know it.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 11:23 AM   #635
Michel H
Graduate Poster

I would like to give now some results of my latest telepathy test, which I started about eleven days ago:

The answer to the test was "two" (i.e. the fourth word; I chose it simply because the random number generator I used told me "4", so I wrote and circled the fourth word of the list of choices on my paper, this is my usual method). Note that, because of the relatively large number of possible choices, and because of a possible confusion between "four" and "two", this was a difficult test.

Superficially, no one participated in this test on this forum. However, many people replied (somewhat oddly - I have already done about 20 telepathy tests on this forum in the past 5 years, and I have never seen anything like this) "No", which is obviously a two-letter word:
Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
No.
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
No.
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Not no, but hell no.

Not This Again!
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
no
No.
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
No.
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
No.
No
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Again I say no to you! No!
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
No
Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
No.
Interestingly, Nay_Sayer commented:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
A simple no can be read as the numbers: 2, ...
Even Bashar al-Assad, the President of Syria, seems to have loosely participated in this test:

This picture seems to have been taken on April 12 (Damascus time):
http://pulse.ng/world/in-syria-assad...id6526803.html.
I started my test on April 10 (Belgium time).
Old 21st April 2017, 07:37 PM   #636
Kid Eager
Philosopher

I would like to give now some results of my latest telepathy test, which I started about eleven days ago:

The answer to the test was "two" (i.e. the fourth word; I chose it simply because the random number generator I used told me "4", so I wrote and circled the fourth word of the list of choices on my paper, this is my usual method). Note that, because of the relatively large number of possible choices, and because of a possible confusion between "four" and "two", this was a difficult test.

Superficially, no one participated in this test on this forum. However, many people replied (somewhat oddly - I have already done about 20 telepathy tests on this forum in the past 5 years, and I have never seen anything like this) "No", which is obviously a two-letter word:

Interestingly, Nay_Sayer commented:

Even Bashar al-Assad, the President of Syria, seems to have loosely participated in this test:

http://i.imgur.com/9t3YUG7.jpg?1

This picture seems to have been taken on April 12 (Damascus time):
http://pulse.ng/world/in-syria-assad...id6526803.html.
I started my test on April 10 (Belgium time).
And this is why you run shrieking from any semblance of a valid test, and why we refuse to be enablers for your delusions.
Old 21st April 2017, 07:51 PM   #637
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I called this, Actually I call it correctly every time.

my hit percentage is 100%

I cannot stress enough; DO NOT REPLY!
Old 21st April 2017, 09:59 PM   #638
philkensebben
Master Poster

This morning, for the first time in ages, I ate two TWO TWO slices of toast.

Oh.....my........god.
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:31 AM   #639
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I suggest that next time, your word should be "seven", so you can claim multiple replies of "**** off" as hits.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:35 AM   #640
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

*face palm*

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal