ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Old 20th February 2017, 10:39 AM   #601
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Sparrow View Post
No, whe wrote -27 That is, NEGATIVE 27.
Which is NEGATIVE 3 cubed.

She also wrote 25
Nope. She didn't.

I am not in any way endorsing the lunatic idea that everyone hears anyone else's...brain. The fact remains that -3x -3x -3 = -27. To that extent Michel H is correct. The attempt to purloin that into telepathy is at best dishonest.

Michel H is reduced from his claim that all of us hear his thoughts clearly to the claim that somebody somewhere vaguely gets an impression of his thoughts, maybe, perhaps on planet X, to perhaps any numerical answer can be bodged into agreement is, IMHO, a tactical error. It matters not one whit what one might reply. If said reply contains in any way any form of numerical reference, then clearly, Michel H will warp it by any means possible into support for his obvious crankery about the very concept of telepathy.

Do not forget that the claim at hand is that all of us hear his thoughts clear as a bell, yet somehow conspire to lie about it. All 7 billion of us. Somehow, in a vague test of no meaning, we reveal our true intent by answering in any way that contains a number of any sort.

It is no different to Drosnin and his crackpot bible codes. At base, it is outright numerology nonsense.

Both numbers have 2 in it, so therefore she must be subconciously receiving
"2", which is incorrect. So, you lose.
Ah, this is how Michel bends any response as support for his useless contention. This is also why I am careful to put nothing in my replies anymore that can possibly be misconstrued as support in any way for Michel H's contentions.
Old 20th February 2017, 10:58 AM   #602
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Which is NEGATIVE 3 cubed.

Nope. She didn't.

I am not in any way endorsing the lunatic idea that everyone hears anyone else's...brain. The fact remains that -3x -3x -3 = -27. To that extent Michel H is correct. The attempt to purloin that into telepathy is at best dishonest.

Michel H is reduced from his claim that all of us hear his thoughts clearly to the claim that somebody somewhere vaguely gets an impression of his thoughts, maybe, perhaps on planet X, to perhaps any numerical answer can be bodged into agreement is, IMHO, a tactical error. It matters not one whit what one might reply. If said reply contains in any way any form of numerical reference, then clearly, Michel H will warp it by any means possible into support for his obvious crankery about the very concept of telepathy.

Do not forget that the claim at hand is that all of us hear his thoughts clear as a bell, yet somehow conspire to lie about it. All 7 billion of us. Somehow, in a vague test of no meaning, we reveal our true intent by answering in any way that contains a number of any sort.

It is no different to Drosnin and his crackpot bible codes. At base, it is outright numerology nonsense.

Ah, this is how Michel bends any response as support for his useless contention. This is also why I am careful to put nothing in my replies anymore that can possibly be misconstrued as support in any way for Michel H's contentions.
But look at all the three letter words that your Post contained. You even had three in a row at one point in your post. That makes it obvious (to Michel) that you heard his third word, and are just in denial mode. Responding at all can be confirmation that you heard his thoughts in his mind.

I could post 42 as a response and Michel would not even understand the reference. (ETA Actually I think that I and several others have already done this in past tests)

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 20th February 2017 at 11:01 AM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2017, 11:23 AM   #603
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I could post 42 as a response and Michel would not even understand the reference. (ETA Actually I think that I and several others have already done this in past tests)

Norm
Yup. And 42 is divisible by 3 and is therefore a hit in Michel H world.

Can I explain that? Nope. Can Michel H explain that? Nope.

Where does that leave us?
Old 20th February 2017, 12:27 PM   #604
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Having had one of my own posts twisted in this way (which incidentally annoyed the hell out of me), I don't think there is a post that can be written that Michel H can't twist to support whichever answer he wants it to support. When you're not constrained by anything remotely approaching reality, no mental leap is too far.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 01:13 AM   #605
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Nope. She didn't.

Well, yeah. I did write 25 in the post Michel H twisted, while avoiding the issue of his sexism. I first stated I had 25+ years of experience, but of course, he ignored this miss and glommed on to the -27.

The innumeracy must be a guy thing.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal