ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th March 2017, 03:11 AM   #41
Noriabooks
New Blood

Flat Earth
Noriabooks is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2017, 08:59 AM   #42
Wudang
BOFH

On a tangential note I drive past the Aetherius Society to get to my nearest Tesco supermarket.
Old 13th March 2017, 09:53 AM   #43
TripleScorp
New Blood

I haven't read any of the books but the Missing 411 books seem pretty out there. As someone said above, David Icke's stuff. Also, the books published about Skinwalker Ranch.
TripleScorp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2017, 10:02 AM   #44
TX50
Graduate Poster

That guy who maintains that Tutankhamun was actually Jesus.
TX50 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 03:51 AM   #45
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What about this thread from our very own site http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=316378

Twitches and itches sent by God will defeat ISIS

That one has entered my hall of infamy.
Old 15th March 2017, 12:51 PM   #46
tinribmancer
NWO Templar Agent And Proud Of It!

Can I list Kyoon?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=307633

And of course his Illuminati cronies, led by Patrick Stuart Hitler, that act just like your average Scooby Doo villain.

But that is all part of the "script" that keeps changing 18 times a day.

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 12:56 PM   #47
baron
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What about this thread from our very own site http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=316378

Twitches and itches sent by God will defeat ISIS
"buttocks = forgotten truths" Hmm, not entirely without foundation.
Old 15th March 2017, 01:59 PM   #48
superfreddy
Muse

How about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/I-Visited-Gan.../dp/B00069X16K

I read the Spanish version long ago. I remember being fascinated as a teenager about the possibility of visiting Jupiter's moon.
superfreddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 04:56 PM   #49
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

For me it was the first time I came across the "freeman on the land" stuff. The context was an article that laid out why you didn't need a driver's license. The argument ran that you were travelling, and travelling is a right enshrined in law, so therefore the government has no basis on which to restrict your right to travel.

My first thought on that was, "Doesn't this writer understand the difference between moving from one place to another versus the government regulating a person's ability to operate a large and potentially dangerous piece of equipment? For sure he can travel legally from one place to another without a driver's license--so long as he walks!" (Or rides a horse, or takes a bus or train.)
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal