ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy

Reply
Old 12th February 2017, 01:35 PM   #121
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
There were many other things that happened which make it certain to me that I was being psychologically manipulated. Early in my employment, before nervous strain set in I was working on a nail gun and two men from another office came up behind me and one said "what's he got, its only a nail gun" they then went to the managers office. When they cam out the manager walked into the general office and I heard her say. "They didn't do it very well, they were not even wearing jackets" I believe they were pretending to be armed police in order to contain my behaviour while handling a dangerous item.

That just another example of what I experienced over 18 months. Over all there were many such incidents that convince me they were messing with my head.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 02:11 PM   #122
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Here is another incident, I looked out of my window which looked over a park and there was a woman sitting on a bench and two girls sitting on the next one. The woman saw me and said something I don't remember that seemed to be about me, so I shouted something I don't remember which was probably "shut the hell up". The woman turned to the girls and said. "Oh doesn't he realize we are all trying to help him" a girl said "no I think he is right, or why did the police tell everyone not to tell him anything" The woman said " Oh no"


There were many such incidents over the years and one of the earliest was the policed parked a car under my window. I heard one say" I think this man will hurt himself if he doesn't get some help tonight"

As far as I am concerned the police labeled me a psychopath in 1988 and tried to drive me to a breakdown by dirty tricks, that was six months before I got the last job.

Now that I think about it I remember my landlady saying she saw a job in the papers and that was during one month of unemployment since the last job I was made redundant from. So I think my landlady was told to mention the job to me, and I was set up to be controlled and contained by my last employer.

After I left the job I think I heard someone say, "everyone wants to know how a protected workshop could turn into a torture chamber " I think I also heard someone say " Everyone is saying, what a thing to do to a schizophrenic" But those are the kinds of things I cannot be sure about as they did not tell me logical facts. Most of it could have been paranoid hallucinations, but I don't really think so.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 02:14 PM   #123
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
I am thinking of sending a link to this thread to my ex employers, not that I think they will ever tell me anything.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 06:48 PM   #124
MostlyDead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,367
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I am thinking of sending a link to this thread to my ex employers, not that I think they will ever tell me anything.
What would you hope to accomplish by that? These employers were from, what, a generation ago? Not trying to be your therapist, but let it go, man. The best revenge is living well, right? Move on from those rough times, better yourself and enjoy your time above ground. Haunt them later.
MostlyDead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 07:37 PM   #125
Bladesman87
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
No. I said that 96% of the voices I heard told me no facts therefore I had to discount them as possible hallucinations. I also said 2% of my experiences told me I do hallucinate and that is why its so confusing. An example of a hallucination was I was concentrating on my work and did not notice it was lunch time. I looked up and everyone had gone to lunch but I could still hear the girls in the office talking. I walked to the office door and looked inside and the office was empty, and the voices stopped. So I know I can hallucinate.

But the remaining 2% of what I experienced contained facts I did not know, and that is evidence to me that not only was I paranoid but I was also being persecuted.
The same still applies that it's unsurprising that some small number of these occurrences turned out to hold some real world relevance. You had hallucinations, auditory, visual, or whatever, and in rare times they turned out to be sort of correct.

It's also very likely that you only remember the ones that were so seemingly poignant.
Bladesman87 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 07:39 PM   #126
Bladesman87
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I maintain I could not have known the facts I was told about the equipment.
They were facts of a kind I could not have speculated on, and I was told one item was out of stock when I did not know this.
Why couldn't you speculate about which part was broken? Why would it be unsurprising for some part to be out of stock?
Bladesman87 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 10:39 PM   #127
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Why couldn't you speculate about which part was broken? Why would it be unsurprising for some part to be out of stock?
Oh ! come on. I had never encountered that part being broken before, and I certainly had no reason to think it was out of stock.

I still maintain that the girl told me two facts I did not know on that occasion, and two facts about a circuit board on another occasion. Then there is the time she told me what I though was a pressure switch was a vacuum switch. I had never encountered a vacuum switch and did not know they existed until her voice wafting through the open office door informed me of the fact.

That is five absolute facts I was told. That is how I know I was not just going mad.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 10:47 PM   #128
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
What would you hope to accomplish by that? These employers were from, what, a generation ago? Not trying to be your therapist, but let it go, man. The best revenge is living well, right? Move on from those rough times, better yourself and enjoy your time above ground. Haunt them later.
For one thing, by not proving my case I am leaving the police to break down any number of other schizophrenics they come across. If I could prove my case they would be liable and owe me damages.

Besides if I am right they have my case documented and it is evidence of the existence of telepathy, and they are keeping it to themselves for their own ends.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 12:14 AM   #129
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 17,415
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I am thinking of sending a link to this thread to my ex employers, not that I think they will ever tell me anything.
How do you think your ex employers will feel about their decision to no longer employ you after reading this?
__________________
After a while you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 12:30 AM   #130
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 8,692
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Besides if I am right they have my case documented and it is evidence of the existence of telepathy, and they are keeping it to themselves for their own ends.
That's a convincing argument that you are wrong. Even if telepathy existed (which it does not) the police would have no good reason to keep it to themselves, and would be incapable of doing so because the evidence would be there for all to see.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 12:43 AM   #131
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,421
So you know you're paranoid, but there's still a massive conspiracy spanning years, and involving everybody who knows you or lives near you, trying to torture you, among other things with supernatural powers?
I know you won't believe me, but you're just paranoid, man.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 01:09 AM   #132
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 8,692
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
So you know you're paranoid, but there's still a massive conspiracy spanning years, and involving everybody who knows you or lives near you, trying to torture you, among other things with supernatural powers?
I know you won't believe me, but you're just paranoid, man.
FWIW I'm quite prepared to believe that Scorpion's neighbours, employer and colleagues discussed amongst themselves, and in consultation with the police and social workers, how best to deal with this mentally unstable individual whose behaviour was causing concern. They might well have decided that a spell in an institution would be good for him, and discussed the best way to get him into one in order to get him the help he needed. But they were just doing what normal people (with varying degrees of tolerance for antisocial behaviour) do in such circumstances. Which does not include asking someone with paranormal powers to torture the unfortunate individual into a breakdown. Not least because there are no people with paranormal powers.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 01:14 AM   #133
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,189
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Oh ! come on. I had never encountered that part being broken before, and I certainly had no reason to think it was out of stock.

I still maintain that the girl told me two facts I did not know on that occasion, and two facts about a circuit board on another occasion. Then there is the time she told me what I though was a pressure switch was a vacuum switch. I had never encountered a vacuum switch and did not know they existed until her voice wafting through the open office door informed me of the fact.

That is five absolute facts I was told. That is how I know I was not just going mad.
Hogwash! Why did they hire you? To fix things?! You couldn't intuit that instead of a vacuum switch it was a pressure switch? It's ALL you, man!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 02:58 AM   #134
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,364
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Oh ! come on. I had never encountered that part being broken before, and I certainly had no reason to think it was out of stock.

I still maintain that the girl told me two facts I did not know on that occasion, and two facts about a circuit board on another occasion. Then there is the time she told me what I though was a pressure switch was a vacuum switch. I had never encountered a vacuum switch and did not know they existed until her voice wafting through the open office door informed me of the fact.

That is five absolute facts I was told. That is how I know I was not just going mad.
Re: The hilighted. That is not telepathy it is an overheard conversation.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:50 AM   #135
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
HA HA ! Busy busy . I could not sleep last night so I got up early and made a couple of posts and I see there are more unbelievers on my case. Your problem is you cannot believe in anything you can't kick. On that subject everything you kick only seems solid because of the nuclear forces that bind atoms. I know its painful to kick and punch walls because I have made a habit of it. But the pain is not real, its electrical signals going up your nerves which the brain interprets as pain in order to make you stop kicking things.

I long ago came to the conclusion that the illusion of reality is not the be all and end all of everything, and after two years of attending a spiritualist church I became convinced some mediums are genuine, and they get messages from the spirit world. It follows that in a universe where there are higher dimensions in which the essence of our minds can exist without a brain telepathy is a given.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:51 AM   #136
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Re: The hilighted. That is not telepathy it is an overheard conversation.
Yes! I heard what she said, but she was reading my mind.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:51 AM   #137
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 3,902
Er um Ok.

Good luck with that.

You can believe what you like, I remain unconvinced.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:52 AM   #138
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Hogwash! Why did they hire you? To fix things?! You couldn't intuit that instead of a vacuum switch it was a pressure switch? It's ALL you, man!
How would I know a vacuum switch existed when I had never worked on anything but pressure switches?
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:53 AM   #139
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,364
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Yes! I heard what she said, but she was reading my mind.
Absolutely not because you had no idea at all about what she said until AFTER she said it.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:56 AM   #140
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 17,415
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
.......I long ago came to the conclusion that the illusion of reality is not the be all and end all of everything, and after two years of attending a spiritualist church I became convinced.....
If this conversation ever had any modicum of sense about it, here is where it ended. A paranoid schizophrenic taken in by a bunch of religious loons wants his woo-woo world view to be taken seriously. In the words of the Dragons.........I'm out.
__________________
After a while you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:57 AM   #141
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
FWIW I'm quite prepared to believe that Scorpion's neighbours, employer and colleagues discussed amongst themselves, and in consultation with the police and social workers, how best to deal with this mentally unstable individual whose behaviour was causing concern. They might well have decided that a spell in an institution would be good for him, and discussed the best way to get him into one in order to get him the help he needed. But they were just doing what normal people (with varying degrees of tolerance for antisocial behaviour) do in such circumstances. Which does not include asking someone with paranormal powers to torture the unfortunate individual into a breakdown. Not least because there are no people with paranormal powers.
I myself, have received direct communication from the spirit world on rare occasions. I have already told this story elsewhere. I said a female voice spoke to me twice, and it told me I would have a lottery win one hour before the draw on TV on the only occasion that I did win five numbers.

Thanks for your insight which is partly correct, but you go out of your depth when dismissing paranormal powers off hand.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 13th February 2017 at 05:11 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 04:58 AM   #142
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
If this conversation ever had any modicum of sense about it, here is where it ended. A paranoid schizophrenic taken in by a bunch of religious loons wants his woo-woo world view to be taken seriously. In the words of the Dragons.........I'm out.
Bye, bye.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 05:00 AM   #143
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
So you know you're paranoid, but there's still a massive conspiracy spanning years, and involving everybody who knows you or lives near you, trying to torture you, among other things with supernatural powers?
I know you won't believe me, but you're just paranoid, man.
I say it again and again, I am perfectly sane, I was and I will be again.
Spike Milligan
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 05:08 AM   #144
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
How do you think your ex employers will feel about their decision to no longer employ you after reading this?
I no longer care what they feel as they have tried to have me charged with harassment, which carries a two year sentence, and nuisance calls which is a six month sentence.

I am now prepared to make a complaint to the police against the management of my ex employers that they abused a mentally ill person and they are also guilty of negligence in their duty to protect an employee.

Of course the police will humour me if I just do that so I will inform them I am sending a copy of my complaint to the independent police complaints commission to oversee my complaint.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 05:39 AM   #145
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,194
Having read this thread I am entirely convinced that you sincerely believe your former employer cruelly tormented you, but I am equally persuaded that they didn't really do so and you only believe it because you were mentally ill at the time which affected your judgement of what was happening.

I'm sure if you presented the text of this discussion to the police and they considered it and your previous record of harassment of your ex-employer, they would conclude you were persisting in a delusional fight against people who intended you no harm and probably did you no harm. I cannot imagine the IPCC seeing it any differently either.

Think about it: your evidence consists of "this is how I remember it". You can bet that nobody else remembers it the same way, and no reasonable person could take your memories, confused as they would have been by your illness, as reliable. You shouldn't regard them as reliable either.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:08 AM   #146
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Having read this thread I am entirely convinced that you sincerely believe your former employer cruelly tormented you, but I am equally persuaded that they didn't really do so and you only believe it because you were mentally ill at the time which affected your judgement of what was happening.

I'm sure if you presented the text of this discussion to the police and they considered it and your previous record of harassment of your ex-employer, they would conclude you were persisting in a delusional fight against people who intended you no harm and probably did you no harm. I cannot imagine the IPCC seeing it any differently either.

Think about it: your evidence consists of "this is how I remember it". You can bet that nobody else remembers it the same way, and no reasonable person could take your memories, confused as they would have been by your illness, as reliable. You shouldn't regard them as reliable either.
As a matter of fact I do have hopes of getting one witness. A woman who worked in the office at my last job left while I was there. I have reason to believe she left because she was scared of me. Not because of anything I said or did but because of what I thought about doing to the office staff.
I encountered her in a shop after she left and she tried to identify with me by volunteering the information that she left because she could not stand the other girls talking about people.
I know her full name and would cite her as a potential witness.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:43 AM   #147
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 8,692
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Thanks for your insight which is partly correct, but you go out of your depth when dismissing paranormal powers off hand.
Not only am I not out of my depth I am still paddling.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:46 AM   #148
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,194
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
As a matter of fact I do have hopes of getting one witness. A woman who worked in the office at my last job left while I was there. I have reason to believe she left because she was scared of me. Not because of anything I said or did but because of what I thought about doing to the office staff.
I encountered her in a shop after she left and she tried to identify with me by volunteering the information that she left because she could not stand the other girls talking about people.
I know her full name and would cite her as a potential witness.
Doesn't sound too hopeful. Someone you say was scared of you, and when you later met her, she blamed other people's gossiping, rather than blame you, for making her quit.

Isn't that exactly what someone who was scared of you would say? She would hardly be likely to say anything that might antagonise you.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:55 AM   #149
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Doesn't sound too hopeful. Someone you say was scared of you, and when you later met her, she blamed other people's gossiping, rather than blame you, for making her quit.

Isn't that exactly what someone who was scared of you would say? She would hardly be likely to say anything that might antagonise you.
That's my point. She left the psychological war zone because she couldn't deal with it. Then she tried to pacify me by stating the other girls talked about me.

She will not want to talk to me, but if an official from the police complaints authority asks her about what happened she may tell the truth.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:57 AM   #150
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,421
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
As a matter of fact I do have hopes of getting one witness. A woman who worked in the office at my last job left while I was there. I have reason to believe she left because she was scared of me. Not because of anything I said or did but because of what I thought about doing to the office staff.
I encountered her in a shop after she left and she tried to identify with me by volunteering the information that she left because she could not stand the other girls talking about people.
I know her full name and would cite her as a potential witness.
You are going to contact a woman who left her job because she was afraid of what you might do to hurt the office staff? (though, if you never said or did anything, why would she be afraid? And if she was scared of you, why would she speak to you in the shop?).

If you are really the reason she quit her job, I don't think she'd like to be contacted by you.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:58 AM   #151
MostlyDead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,367
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
For one thing, by not proving my case I am leaving the police to break down any number of other schizophrenics they come across. If I could prove my case they would be liable and owe me damages.

Besides if I am right they have my case documented and it is evidence of the existence of telepathy, and they are keeping it to themselves for their own ends.
FWIW, I think you might have a statute of limitations barrier that would stop any legal actions cold. Actually pretty sure of it. Second, you have not described anything here that even sounds like a psychic experience, much less proves one. You said the psychic young woman was familiar with the parts, accounting for her knowledge about them. Saying 'HE THINKS' as you recount is a normal figure of speech, I use it all the time. This is important: you present no objective evidence at all. Do you agree that recalled events from decades ago while suffering from schizophrenia is not proof of anything to an outside observer?
MostlyDead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:10 AM   #152
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
You are going to contact a woman who left her job because she was afraid of what you might do to hurt the office staff? (though, if you never said or did anything, why would she be afraid? And if she was scared of you, why would she speak to you in the shop?).

If you are really the reason she quit her job, I don't think she'd like to be contacted by you.
She was afraid because the telepathic girl told the office staff what I was thinking. I will not contact her again myself, but if I make an official complaint citing her as a witness the police and the complaint authority will have to ask her about it.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:16 AM   #153
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 8,692
Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
Saying 'HE THINKS' as you recount is a normal figure of speech, I use it all the time.
Quite.

There are many ways to deduce what a person is thinking without being telepathic. The fact that Scorpion may not be able to work out how his colleague obtained certain information does not mean she obtained it telepathically.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:17 AM   #154
pantsorama
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 439
Originally Posted by corta View Post
I've been suffering from real thought-broadcasting for a long time.
My thougts and all five senses are transmitted to other people for real, like uncontrollable telepathy.
It is not thought-broadcasting in schizophrenia. Do you have any idea how to cure it?
I'd really appreciate it if you could help me. Thanks.
Assuming you are being serious, and not just winding us up, you should go and see a doctor and tell them exactly what you have told us here. There is nothing we can do for you her, but if you are projecting thoughts then you are possibly suffering from a threatening medical condition that needs to be diagnosed properly by a medical professional.

Go ASAP.
__________________
In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream
At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines
pantsorama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:18 AM   #155
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
FWIW, I think you might have a statute of limitations barrier that would stop any legal actions cold. Actually pretty sure of it. Second, you have not described anything here that even sounds like a psychic experience, much less proves one. You said the psychic young woman was familiar with the parts, accounting for her knowledge about them. Saying 'HE THINKS' as you recount is a normal figure of speech, I use it all the time. This is important: you present no objective evidence at all. Do you agree that recalled events from decades ago while suffering from schizophrenia is not proof of anything to an outside observer?
I read some law books on employment law a few years ago, which is why I know it is an offence to abuse a mentally ill person and negligence is an offence if employers do not fulfill a duty of care. I will have to go to the library to find out if there is a statute of limitations on those offences.


I never said I was presenting any objective evidence, all I have is my own logic.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:21 AM   #156
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by pantsorama View Post
Assuming you are being serious, and not just winding us up, you should go and see a doctor and tell them exactly what you have told us here. There is nothing we can do for you her, but if you are projecting thoughts then you are possibly suffering from a threatening medical condition that needs to be diagnosed properly by a medical professional.

Go ASAP.
corta has left the building
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 13th February 2017 at 07:24 AM. Reason: paranioa
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:41 AM   #157
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 3,902
Or maybe he reads minds so doesn't need to log in.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:52 AM   #158
Myriad
Hyperthetical
Moderator
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 12,624
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
How would I know a vacuum switch existed when I had never worked on anything but pressure switches?

Take a pressure switch; install it the other way 'round. Voila! Vacuum switch.

If you're telling me you're not intelligent enough to have figured that out yourself, I don't believe you.
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 07:54 AM   #159
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Take a pressure switch; install it the other way 'round. Voila! Vacuum switch.

If you're telling me you're not intelligent enough to have figured that out yourself, I don't believe you.
I don't recall that being the case. In my vague recollection they were purpose built to be either pressure or vacuum switches.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 08:04 AM   #160
Scorpion
Muse
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 541
I recall a snippet of conversation about me that came from the office and a girl said of me concerning the telepathy " I know it's happening, why doesn't he?" The psychic girl said,
" I was brought up to believe in it"
The whole office was colluding in supporting the psychic girl and not telling me anything.
I on my part was desperately struggling to get a handle on it, knowing full well that a symptom of schizophrenia is you think you are broadcasting your thoughts.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.