ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy

Old 16th February 2017, 03:33 AM   #241
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Why? Because you used a real gun with blanks and they had to come and check it out?
It was a real gun that had been deactivated, but I put in a firing pin so I could fire blanks. As it happens, years later the police took it away from me.
But at the time of their first investigation they tried to give me a mental breakdown and the first thing they did was to try and make me believe there was a hit man after me.

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Or you just blurted out to some people sitting on a park bench to "shut the hell up"? I'm assuming it was a bench of some kind for people to sit on. Does the position of the bench just happen to line up with your window? Perhaps they were just sitting on a bench and not talking about you at all?
Thy were in line with my window and I quoted what I think I heard them say.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 04:36 AM   #242
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
... I had just come out of a shop and walked to my motorcycle and in my head I was ranting about my experiences. Two girls were walking past and one said . "He must be completely insane to shout like that" "The other girl said " I didn't hear anything".
I turned round and the shopkeeper had come to the door and was looking at me strangely.
I assumed he too had heard something. But I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that I did not shout out loud. I had my teeth clenched.
Regarding the bolded part, I think it possible your illness caused you to be unaware of when you were speaking aloud.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 05:33 AM   #243
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

It was a real gun that had been deactivated, but I put in a firing pin so I could fire blanks. As it happens, years later the police took it away from me.
Police tend to remove weapons from the mentally ill for a reason. You have told us that you are diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. How would you feel if you had a paranoid schizophrenic neighbour with a gun who discharges it at random? Would it make you feel secure in any way?

But at the time of their first investigation they tried to give me a mental breakdown and the first thing they did was to try and make me believe there was a hit man after me.
That's the paranoia again.

Thy were in line with my window and I quoted what I think I heard them say.
You have no idea what they said at all. You are simply going on what you think they said. Once again...

How would you feel if you had a paranoid schizophrenic neighbour with a gun who discharges it at random and who shouts at random strangers? Would it make you feel secure in any way?
Old 16th February 2017, 06:37 AM   #244
kali1137
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
You seem totally oblivious to the fact that your admitted behaviour is good reason to call the cops. Why exactly is that?
This has been my problem with this story and dialogue the whole time I have read it. If you can't even be honest about your behavior, how can I take your observations about others as truth? As Abaddon and others have pointed out, your admitted behavior would be troubling to a lot of people, but you consistently dismiss yourself as a harmless target of others.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 07:27 AM   #245
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Regarding the bolded part, I think it possible your illness caused you to be unaware of when you were speaking aloud.
How, 'absolutely certain' do I have to be, I remember thinking at the time, I could not have been shouting because my teeth were clenched.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 07:38 AM   #246
Scorpion
Muse

Police tend to remove weapons from the mentally ill for a reason. You have told us that you are diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. How would you feel if you had a paranoid schizophrenic neighbour with a gun who discharges it at random? Would it make you feel secure in any way?
I think the chronology of the events were that the police first tried to make me believe a hit man was after me, then I got a deactivated gun to hope to scare the hit man off. I also went to Tai Kwon Do classes after this.

That's the paranoia again.
The police parked a car under my window on several occasions and seemed to be talking about me deliberately. They once said "one night he will find a hit man hiding behind one of these trees"

You have no idea what they said at all. You are simply going on what you think they said. Once again...
Nope, I am pretty sure of what was said.

How would you feel if you had a paranoid schizophrenic neighbour with a gun who discharges it at random and who shouts at random strangers? Would it make you feel secure in any way?
Is that an excuse for the police to deliberately try to break that persons mind?

Which I am sure they did, and the more I write about it and recollect what happened the more sure I am that I am right about everything. Including the telepathy.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 07:45 AM   #247
Scorpion
Muse

On the subject of trying to hold someone to account for what happened I have concluded there is not much hope I will be able to do anything. Because for one thing I have found out the company I worked for has been taken over by a larger organisation and they closed the workshop I was employed in down and made the staff redundant. So there is no chance I could find any witnesses after all these years.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 07:53 AM   #248
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

How, 'absolutely certain' do I have to be, I remember thinking at the time, I could not have been shouting because my teeth were clenched.
Clint Eastwood made a pretty good career out of delivering chilling threats through clenched teeth.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 08:22 AM   #249
Scorpion
Muse

I remember another early incident about the police trying to make me believe a hit man was after me. There was a car park under my window and two young men went to a car and they said something about being hit men that I don't remember, but then one said.
"If he heard that I bet he is ********" and the other said "The police said he is so wrapped up in himself that he will not notice we come from the end house"

Another time one of these men was standing behind the fence, out of sight at the bottom of the garden. He seemed to be talking about me, so I came out of the house and got on my motorcycle and drove into the park and shone my headlamp on him, and sure enough he was there. He ran away but not before I had seen he was there, and I was certain I had not imagined it.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 09:27 AM   #250
Donn
Philosopher

I remember another early incident about the police trying to make me believe a hit man was after me. There was a car park under my window and two young men went to a car and they said something about being hit men that I don't remember, but then one said.
"If he heard that I bet he is ********" and the other said "The police said he is so wrapped up in himself that he will not notice we come from the end house"

Another time one of these men was standing behind the fence, out of sight at the bottom of the garden. He seemed to be talking about me, so I came out of the house and got on my motorcycle and drove into the park and shone my headlamp on him, and sure enough he was there. He ran away but not before I had seen he was there, and I was certain I had not imagined it.
In a time so saturated in despair, this thread is a lead lining. I feel hope ebbing.
Donn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 09:29 AM   #251
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

My story is better. Check this out; So I was in school at the time but on September 8th 2001 I got, In total 20 vivid visions of the events that were going to unfold, These visions had specific information, names and dates.

I was too frightened to say anything and blame myself for not doing something to help, However I did have later whisper in my ear about the numbers to the powerball lotto and currently enjoy being a multi millionaire.

Point here: Anecdotes can be anything you want them to be.
Nay_Sayer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 09:43 AM   #252
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

abaddon, Yea, some might say I got what I deserved, but being psychologically tortured could also be said to be a cruel and unusual punishment. The only help I could get is to have evidence that everything I believe is true, then I could put it behind me. But the psychiatrist I tried to tell about all this did not believe a word I said and humoured me.

In any case it was the telepathic experience that caused me the most suffering, precisely because I could not be sure if I was going mad or being driven mad, which in itself is so confusing it drives you mad.
How did this psychiatrist contact all these people? How did he know who to contact. How did he know these people would all be willing to engage in such inhuman behaviour? Why were they all willing to be so cruel?
Old 16th February 2017, 10:04 AM   #253
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

My mom was feuding with some neighbors, who she believed were KKK drug dealers. Now these people once rented a yellow Ryder truck to haul something. Ryder trucks were commonplace all over the USA My brother worked for Ryder, and when My mom saw the Ryder truck in from of the evil neighbors house, she knew that my brother had to be in cahoots with the drug dealing Klansmen. She raised hell with him for many weeks until he got transferred to another city.

One time she wrote me a letter. She was delivering pizza for a living. On one particular day every time she looked in her rear-view mirror, she saw a police car, a Cook's Pest Control truck, or a truck from the local power company. She put 2 and 2 together and came up with the idea that the cops were tormenting her, and using these other companies to spy on her. That's when she wrote a letter to the chief of police threatening to kill him.

Sound familiar?
Old 16th February 2017, 10:26 AM   #254
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
How did this psychiatrist contact all these people? How did he know who to contact. How did he know these people would all be willing to engage in such inhuman behaviour? Why were they all willing to be so cruel?
It is my belief there was a clinical psychologist advising the police on how to deal with me. The police must have told a lot of people to talk about me and they told them I was a dangerous psychopath, so everyone went along with it.
I remember one time thinking of the people in the workshop and concluding they were not bad people, but it was the circumstances they were caught up in that made them torment me. As I thought that I heard the psychic office girl say "Thanks very much"
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 16th February 2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 16th February 2017, 10:28 AM   #255
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post

Sound familiar?
Yes that sounds like paranoia all right, but it does not mean I am wrong.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 10:32 AM   #256
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Yes that sounds like paranoia all right, but it does not mean I am wrong.
I think I see how this works now.
Old 16th February 2017, 10:34 AM   #257
fagin
Illuminator

When exactly was this, because since 2003, the mandatory minimum sentence for possession of a firearm is 5 years?
Old 16th February 2017, 10:42 AM   #258
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
When exactly was this, because since 2003, the mandatory minimum sentence for possession of a firearm is 5 years?
Not for a deactivated gun, but you are not allowed to put in a firing pin. The police told me that if I signed a waver they would keep the gun without charging me. But if I wanted it back they would put it before the prosecution service. So naturally I signed it away. I can't remember the year.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 10:56 AM   #259
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Not for a deactivated gun, but you are not allowed to put in a firing pin. The police told me that if I signed a waver they would keep the gun without charging me. But if I wanted it back they would put it before the prosecution service. So naturally I signed it away. I can't remember the year.
So the evil organisation hellbent on locking you up, going so far as to conspire with your employer, your neighbors, and random passers by to get you to snap... let you go when you snapped, when they could have had you prosecuted.
Yet you still think your paranoid delusions could not have played a part in your perception and it must have been a grand conspiracy involving everyone who knew and met you...
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 11:09 AM   #260
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
So the evil organisation hellbent on locking you up, going so far as to conspire with your employer, your neighbors, and random passers by to get you to snap... let you go when you snapped, when they could have had you prosecuted.
Yet you still think your paranoid delusions could not have played a part in your perception and it must have been a grand conspiracy involving everyone who knew and met you...
Yep ! Nobody helped me, but everyone helped the police. Even my own family.

I heard my stepfather say to my mother about me, " I told them (the police) he heard me, and they said, "yes we knew he would", they were only using me and I don't like being used. I have a good mind to tell him now"

My mother replied "No don't tell him anything, I think the doctors know what they are doing"

That from my own family years after I had left my job and moved to another town to get away from the torture of a small town. Well I can't confront my family now, as they have both since died and taken the truth to their graves.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 11:14 AM   #261
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I think I see how this works now.
Donn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 01:08 PM   #262
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Exactly! You see, unlike all the other Paranoid Schizophrenics who suffer from normal (for them) paranoid delusions, Scorpion suffers from a truly unique case of paranoid schizophrenia where everyone in his small town actually IS out to get him!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Yep ! Nobody helped me, but everyone helped the police. Even my own family...

...That from my own family years after I had left my job and moved to another town to get away from the torture of a small town. Well I can't confront my family now, as they have both since died and taken the truth to their graves.

Sadly, the truth is that they probably tried to help you as best they could but your illness made you believe they were conspiring against you and so you ran away from them every time they tried to help you.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 01:12 PM   #263
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

It is my belief there was a clinical psychologist advising the police on how to deal with me. The police must have told a lot of people to talk about me and they told them I was a dangerous psychopath, so everyone went along with it.
I remember one time thinking of the people in the workshop and concluding they were not bad people, but it was the circumstances they were caught up in that made them torment me. As I thought that I heard the psychic office girl say "Thanks very much"

How did the police contact all these people? How did they know who to contact. How did they know these people would all be willing to engage in such inhuman behaviour? Why were they all willing to be so cruel? Why were the police willing to engage in such cruelty?
Old 16th February 2017, 01:13 PM   #264
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

There is no such legal process in the UK.
Old 16th February 2017, 01:18 PM   #265
Scorpion
Muse

There is no such legal process in the UK.
Well that's what happened . I signed a waver, and they kept my gun.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 01:33 PM   #266
Scorpion
Muse

How did the police contact all these people?
Search me, they must have run up a big phone bill. Although on one occasion years after I left the job and moved to another town a policeman came to my neighbours door and warned them about me, I watched him out of a peephole in my front door, so I know he was there.

How did they know who to contact.
They seemed to contact everyone I encountered.

How did they know these people would all be willing to engage in such inhuman behaviour?
They told them I needed mental treatment. So everyone went along with it.

Why were they all willing to be so cruel?
As I said the lady in the park was dumb enough to think talking about me was helping me, when it was actually intended to break my mind, so I would get treatment in a mental hospital.

Why were the police willing to engage in such cruelty?
Because some policemen are bastards, in any case they were told I was a psychopath. Also the local police were friends of the man I threatened because he would not let his daughter go out with me. That is when it all started.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 16th February 2017, 03:05 PM   #267
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Search me, they must have run up a big phone bill. Although on one occasion years after I left the job and moved to another town a policeman came to my neighbours door and warned them about me, I watched him out of a peephole in my front door, so I know he was there.

As I said the lady in the park was dumb enough to think talking about me was helping me, when it was actually intended to break my mind, so I would get treatment in a mental hospital.

Because some policemen are bastards, in any case they were told I was a psychopath. Also the local police were friends of the man I threatened because he would not let his daughter go out with me. That is when it all started.
This was a correct assessment.
Nay_Sayer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 03:49 PM   #268
fagin
Illuminator

....the man I threatened because he would not let his daughter go out with me. ...
Sounds like a sensible father to me.
Old 16th February 2017, 11:48 PM   #269
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

edit: never mind, delete this post. It's no use.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 12:09 AM   #270
trustbutverify
Philosopher

1. What makes you think the daughter wanted to go out with you?
2. What did you threaten the father with for not forcing his daughter to date you?

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 01:27 AM   #271
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Well that's what happened . I signed a waver, and they kept my gun.
No you didn't.
Old 17th February 2017, 01:28 AM   #272
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

If this was true you would have simply been sectioned against your will. Your story is internally incoherent.
Old 17th February 2017, 02:59 AM   #273
fagin
Illuminator

Think about it. A 'deactivated' gun with a firing pin is an actual gun, which is quite illegal.
Old 17th February 2017, 03:32 AM   #274
p0lka
Muse

how do you know he warned them about you? could you hear him through the door?
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 05:43 AM   #275
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
how do you know he warned them about you? could you hear him through the door?
Yes
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 17th February 2017, 05:44 AM   #276
Scorpion
Muse

No you didn't.
You think I would bother to make something like that up?
I can assure you they took my gun.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 17th February 2017, 05:46 AM   #277
Scorpion
Muse

If this was true you would have simply been sectioned against your will. Your story is internally incoherent.
You can only be sectioned if you are considered a danger to yourself or others.
They tried to section me and failed because the psychiatrist they called in said he saw no reason to section me.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 17th February 2017, 05:48 AM   #278
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
1. What makes you think the daughter wanted to go out with you?
2. What did you threaten the father with for not forcing his daughter to date you?
I don't really want to talk about all that because for one thing it is off the topic of telepathy. For another it opens a big can of worms.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 17th February 2017, 05:50 AM   #279
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Think about it. A 'deactivated' gun with a firing pin is an actual gun, which is quite illegal.
The barrel had been filled in and the cylinder bored out, but you could still fire blanks.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 17th February 2017, 06:24 AM   #280
fagin
Illuminator

Seriously? Apart from being a public menace, you're lucky you didn't blow your hand off, or worse.

Assuming you are telling the truth.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal