IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags wtc

Old 11th July 2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

WTC built purposely to destroy... What the?

http://letsrollforums.com/building-w...th-t24622.html

WTF is this crap! Most of this insanity fueled horsepoop is unfathomable but the main points (I think) are:

*Some nutjob claims NYC buildings were constructed with demolition charges already in place. He might mean WTC only but it implies something more.

*The towers were poorly and weakly constructed for the very purpose of destroying them in a 1976 false-flag terrorist attack.

*For reasons that are definitely not explained despite the text, the above mentioned operation never happened and the buildings literally began to corode.

*The "perps" all got together in 2001 to carry out the original plan (usual suspects, Bush, the Bin Laden family and a lot of jewish names and connections).

ETA: Also this "article" mentions the 93 bombing as a failed false flag that despite the perps efforts to destroy the buildings, the method failed. Again, why bother to truck bomb the north tower if the perfect plane-based plan was drawn up for 1976? This is ten kinds of stupid, and then some!

Last edited by Dash80; 11th July 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

The rabbit hole is this way...

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 08:07 AM   #3
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

It must be true because noone would never lie on the internet...

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 08:11 AM   #4
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

3" rebar on 4' centers with C-4 planted in them. Ah, memories...
Old 11th July 2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
It must be true because noone would never lie on the internet...

Hmm yeah exactly. Just like those amazing rubber Boeings (operated by Air Elastic-Band) truthers keep talking about.
Old 11th July 2011, 08:16 AM   #6
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

The big problem?

Explosives and detonators have expiration dates.

All exord has a shelf life, and dets. deteriorate quicker than HE.

Somebody would have had to go through the building at regular intervals replacing all the det cord and dets - and then the HE itself would also have to be replaced.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 08:20 AM   #7
NoahFence
Banned

Someone on AE911's facebook page suggested it was the Japanese - they designed them, was their argument.

Apparently this dolt didn't take into account that actual Americans built them.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

The Realistice thread should be required reading before one can post in the 911 Conspiracy Forums...

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 08:45 AM   #9
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Someone on AE911's facebook page suggested it was the Japanese - they designed them, was their argument.

Apparently this dolt didn't take into account that actual Americans built them.
Leslie Robertson was Japanese?
Old 11th July 2011, 08:53 AM   #10
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Minoru Yamasaki was a second generation Japanese AMERICAN, born in Seattle.

Do Truthernuts have any idea how much work is done on big office buildings on a regular basis? People are in there with every kind of renovation and upgrade and retrofit imaginable. And no one noticed anything suspicious, or accidentally set off explosives while sweating some new plumbing?

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 09:00 AM   #11
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by Metullus View Post
The Realistice thread should be required reading before one can post in the 911 Conspiracy Forums...

I read that monument to stupidity while I was still a lurker lol.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:11 AM   #12
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Let's Roll is where the really stupid and insane Truthers hang out, as compared to the morons and slightly bonkers balance of the movement.

Phil Jayhan who runs that forum, came up with the "no-staircases" theory:

Quote:
9. The truth is you never once cleaned the stairwells at the world trade center and that your entire story is a fraud, and you are a total fraud Willy. There was no stairwells at the world trade center. 16 miles of missing staircase is an impossibility under every circumstance but one. That they were never there to begin with.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 10:34 AM   #13
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Let's Roll is where the really stupid and insane Truthers hang out, as compared to the morons and slightly bonkers balance of the movement.

Oh my GOD, this guy seriously needs to start taking his meds again. I've seen some of the crap over at let's roll. It's like a mental hospital escapee refuge or something.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:03 AM   #14
djlunacee
Muse

Let's not forget that it was 911thology who claimed he had exclusive knowledge that the towers were constructed with 150 kiloton mini-nukes in the plans. The rabbit hole runs deep, very deep.
djlunacee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 12:48 PM   #15
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by djlunacee View Post
Let's not forget that it was 911thology who claimed he had exclusive knowledge that the towers were constructed with 150 kiloton mini-nukes in the plans. The rabbit hole runs deep, very deep.
HA now that's a good one, kind of like saying the Titanic was constructed with it's own built-in atomic-iceberg.
I wish these God damned loony twoofers would learn to talk out of the correct orifice.
Old 11th July 2011, 02:02 PM   #16
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Phil Jayhan who runs that forum, came up with the "no-staircases" theory
Isn't he also cited as an expert on the low-altitude performance of the 757?

That he is so obviously insane blows all the credibility out of the no-planer,, incompetent hijacker and other aviation-related woo.
Old 11th July 2011, 02:05 PM   #17
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Somebody would have had to go through the building at regular intervals replacing all the det cord and dets - and then the HE itself would also have to be replaced.
Right. And somebody is going to go in their and swap out blasting caps with a bunch of high-powered radio transmitter towers all around them.

And lightning is never going to strike the building.
Old 11th July 2011, 02:15 PM   #18
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
Isn't he also cited as an expert on the low-altitude performance of the 757?

That he is so obviously insane blows all the credibility out of the no-planer,, incompetent hijacker and other aviation-related woo.
Considering this guy's extreme level of crazy, I'd be surprised if he was actually capable of recognizing a 757. Even if it walked up and humped his leg.

Last edited by Dash80; 11th July 2011 at 02:18 PM.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 03:17 PM   #19
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Wow.....

Quote:
There was 200 feet between buildings, almost 100 yards

That's an interesting definition of "almost" he's using there!
Old 11th July 2011, 04:00 PM   #20
triforcharity
Banned

Phil Jayden is also the one who claims there were 351 FDNY members killed on 9/11.

How he gets that number, I have no idea. Every list I have ever seen is 343. Even the FDNY's own page lists 343.

But nope, he's right. I organized a spreadsheet with all the members names, linked to the form that I got it from, and sent it to him.

He didn't look at anything, but still claimed he was right.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 06:11 PM   #21
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

This toddler-like fight between Phil Jayhan and septemberclues' Simon Shack amused me.

I have 3 words for these two crazy scumbags. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Honestly, it's like they are trying to out-loony each other. The pair of them are severely frigging unhinged. The whole thing pretty much goes like this:

Simon: My crayon is better than yours! Gatekeeper!
Phil: Go away I'm better than you so ner-ner-ner-neaaar!

Last edited by Dash80; 11th July 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11th July 2011, 07:01 PM   #22
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That's an interesting definition of "almost" he's using there!
I "Almost" had sex with Susanna Hoffs once. She walked by me at a distance no greater than about 10 feet...

Susanna, if you're reading this *call me*

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2011, 02:47 AM   #23
NickUK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Metullus View Post
Or any psychiatry forums, for that matter.

"that is a popular misconception or LIE...not saying you are lying, just saying that is not true..."
NickUK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2011, 04:03 AM   #24
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

What I find craziest about this entire idea is the notion that anyone builds buildings like this thinking about how they would be demolished. They build them thinking they will be there forever so they engineer them to withstand everything reasonable that can be thrown at them. Can you imagine someone at a meeting about a 110 story building asking how they might be demolished at some date in the future? Everyone will just look at them and say that demolishing the buildings is the responsibility of whatever sucker just bought the buildings from a presumably bankrupt entity.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2011, 04:25 AM   #25
Disbelief
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
I "Almost" had sex with Susanna Hoffs once. She walked by me at a distance no greater than about 10 feet...

You should have walked like an Egyptian to improve your odds.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2011, 05:22 AM   #26
BaaBaa
Semi-literate hench-person

Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post
This toddler-like fight between Phil Jayhan and septemberclues' Simon Shack amused me.

I have 3 words for these two crazy scumbags. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Honestly, it's like they are trying to out-loony each other. The pair of them are severely frigging unhinged. The whole thing pretty much goes like this:

Simon: My crayon is better than yours! Gatekeeper!
Phil: Go away I'm better than you so ner-ner-ner-neaaar!
All I could see in my head while reading that slapfight was boxing scenes from 'Our Gang' shorts.
Old 12th July 2011, 07:16 AM   #27
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by BaaBaa View Post
All I could see in my head while reading that slapfight was boxing scenes from 'Our Gang' shorts.
Haha!

I was thinking of THIS VIDEO CLIP when I read it.
Old 12th July 2011, 07:17 AM   #28
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

... I...

No, just no... This is my first day off in 3 months & I thought I was awakened by the kittens trying to get into the bunny cage but I'm obviously dreaming. I'll check back in an hour or so to find that was just a bit of underdone potato...
Old 12th July 2011, 08:18 AM   #29
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Susanna Hoffs!!!

No!! Me! Me! ME!!!!!!
Old 12th July 2011, 11:09 AM   #30
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
... I...

No, just no... This is my first day off in 3 months & I thought I was awakened by the kittens trying to get into the bunny cage but I'm obviously dreaming. I'll check back in an hour or so to find that was just a bit of underdone potato...
... Sigh... Still there.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:20 AM   #31
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
What I find craziest about this entire idea is the notion that anyone builds buildings like this thinking about how they would be demolished. They build them thinking they will be there forever so they engineer them to withstand everything reasonable that can be thrown at them. Can you imagine someone at a meeting about a 110 story building asking how they might be demolished at some date in the future? Everyone will just look at them and say that demolishing the buildings is the responsibility of whatever sucker just bought the buildings from a presumably bankrupt entity.
Most architects......including myself......want to believe our designs are so great they will have to last forever.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2011, 01:10 PM   #32
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
... I...

First day off in three months! Have you been sold into slavery?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories