IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th July 2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Dog Town
Banned

911 victims phones get hacked.

Twoofers will make something out of this in 3...2...

Quote:
Phone hacking: 9/11 victims 'may have had mobiles tapped by News of the World reporters'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/07/11/p...5875-23262694/

Quote:
his investigator is used by a lot of journalists in America and he recently told me that he was asked to hack into the 9/11 victims’ private phone data. He said that the journalists asked him to access records showing the calls that had been made to and from the mobile phones belonging to the victims and their *relatives

Last edited by Dog Town; 11th July 2011 at 09:50 AM.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 09:51 AM   #2
NoahFence
Banned

It doesn't say they were hacked, it says they tried to get someone to do it. He declined.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
It doesn't say they were hacked, it says they tried to get someone to do it. He declined.
Yes, I guess I should have included a smilie. I was doing it twoofer style.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 09:59 AM   #4
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You're not supposed to actually read the link. You'd make a crappy "truther".

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 10:03 AM   #5
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
You're not supposed to actually read the link. You'd make a crappy "truther".

That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me!
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 11:01 AM   #6
8den
Graduate Poster

It's a pretty sparse story, there's just a anonymous claim by about a New York City Policeman claiming he was approached by News of World hacks.

The story hasn't developed yet today, it may have legs, but it's sparse on the ground, wait for further develops.

We're still reeling from the fact that apparently the Sunday Times or other Murdoch Paper allegedly hacked a serving Prime Minister's family's medical records.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 11:22 AM   #7
NoahFence
Banned

Unfortunately, this whole ordeal doesn't surprise me in the least.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:46 AM   #8
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Twoofers will make something out of this in 3...2...
You managed to do it in less time.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by RedIbis View Post
You managed to do it in less time.
As usual, you missed the joke! Even after I explained the post.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:39 PM   #10
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Deleted. Wrong thread.

Last edited by leftysergeant; 11th July 2011 at 01:41 PM.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
It's a pretty sparse story, there's just a anonymous claim by about a New York City Policeman claiming he was approached by News of World hacks.
In truther world, that's irrefutable proof.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 03:07 AM   #12
Edx
Philosopher

Are people here saying its unlikely NOTW hacked 911 victims? Because in the UK it seems pretty clear they do this quite regularly, I saw one of them defending the practise on a chat show the other day.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 03:59 AM   #13
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
Are people here saying its unlikely NOTW hacked 911 victims? Because in the UK it seems pretty clear they do this quite regularly, I saw one of them defending the practise on a chat show the other day.
I think what people are saying is that there isn't any positive evidence yet that NOTW hacked 911 victims. It's well-known that the practice was commonplace throughout most of the last decade - in fact, it would be impossible to be living in the UK right now and not be aware of it - but at present there's no compelling evidence that they targeted that specific group. If they did, and any US citizens were among the targets, there will be a world of hurt in store for the Murdoch empire, because they'll find themselves under investigation in the US for violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 02:03 PM   #14
George 152
Philosopher

As usual, you missed the joke! Even after I explained the post.
Strange that he doesn't recognise a joke.
Probably there's no mirror involved .......
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 02:06 PM   #15
George 152
Philosopher

They hacked the London bomber victims.
That in itself should be sufficient for a real investigation by some body not tainted by this bribery corruption scandal
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 08:32 PM   #16
Dog Town
Banned

NO! I was betting da Twoof would run with this in some twisted fashion. The reality of it, is real!
Old 14th July 2011, 01:32 AM   #17
Dave Rogers

NO! I was betting da Twoof would run with this in some twisted fashion. The reality of it, is real!
But it's perfectly clear that there actually was a criminal conspiracy going on here. Why on Earth would truthers be interested in something like that?

Dave

Old 14th July 2011, 01:43 AM   #18
Mikey T
Scholar

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
But it's perfectly clear that there actually was a criminal conspiracy going on here. Why on Earth would truthers be interested in something like that?

Dave

Because anything with the even slightest mention of 9/11 draws them like a moth to a flame. I've already seen some truthers on CNN and other website comments pages where people are discussing the ramafications of everything associated with Murdoch, then some ass-clown truther chimes in about "A new Pearl Harbor" or "Larry Silverstien said 'pull-it'". Most people just ignore them on the comment pages calling them a tin hatter occassionally, but no substance of a discussion.
Mikey T is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 06:47 AM   #19
Dog Town
Banned

Dave
Old 14th July 2011, 12:52 PM   #20
Dog Town
Banned

If they did, and any US citizens were among the targets, there will be a world of hurt in store for the Murdoch empire, because they'll find themselves under investigation in the US for violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Dave
He ya go.
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — The FBI has opened an investigation into allegations that media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. sought to hack into the phones of Sept. 11 victims, a law enforcement official said Thursday.
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-fbi-...185600706.html
Old 19th July 2011, 06:45 AM   #21
WTC Dust
Illuminator

Somebody seeking to hack into information regarding 9/11 isn't troubling to me. It doesn't change what happened on 9/11. It might shed some light onto what happened, but nothing about phone hacking is outside the realm of possibility. It could have been done. In fact, it needs to be done. Cell phone calls were supposedly made on airplanes, and it is claimed to have been an impossibility by some researchers. The dudes from Myth Busters, when presented with the question, said they most wanted to test this very myth, but their insurance people were adamant that they did not attempt to make a cell phone call on a passenger plane. They said something about buying their own plane and going ahead with it anyway.
Old 19th July 2011, 07:16 AM   #22
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by WTC Dust View Post
Somebody seeking to hack into information regarding 9/11 isn't troubling to me. It doesn't change what happened on 9/11. It might shed some light onto what happened, but nothing about phone hacking is outside the realm of possibility. It could have been done. In fact, it needs to be done. Cell phone calls were supposedly made on airplanes, and it is claimed to have been an impossibility by some researchers. The dudes from Myth Busters, when presented with the question, said they most wanted to test this very myth, but their insurance people were adamant that they did not attempt to make a cell phone call on a passenger plane. They said something about buying their own plane and going ahead with it anyway.
It's not impossible, but I can see why you would think that considering what you class as "research"
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:08 AM   #23
WTC Dust
Illuminator

The provisional results as I understand them is that was it possible to make a cell phone call from an airplane, but only just. It's hard to keep cell phone service driving in a car sometimes, so the issue is the call itself.

Was it possible in 2001 to conduct a telephone call from a cell phone, long enough to say, "Hi Mom. This is Todd Beamer. You know, your son. You do believe me, don't you?" or similar.

Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post
It's not impossible, but I can see why you would think that considering what you class as "research"
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:03 PM   #24
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Somebody seeking to hack into information regarding 9/11 isn't troubling to me.

That you honestly believe this is troubling to me.
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:46 PM   #25
Dog Town
Banned

The provisional results as I understand them is...
You sure, you wanna lead with that?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories