IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags controlled demolition , wtc 7

Old 16th March 2009, 02:48 PM   #321
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
This supposed "evidence" does not exist in a vacuum. What about the eyes of hundreds of fire professionals experienced in observing smoke dynamics who were in position to see this phenomena firsthand? None of them corroborate your theory. Why do you feel your after the fact, layperson's opinion trumps theirs?
As I said, it looks like a smoke generator to me Johnny. It does not resemble smoke being blown out of a broken window which is the prevailing theory in certain quarters I believe. For me my own eyes are what I go by. Don't you think it looks like a smoke generator ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8lrTy5mrZY

Last edited by bill smith; 16th March 2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 03:10 PM   #322
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

LOL

"what it looks like" and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee, bill. So. What exactly do YOU expect to have seen then if there weren't your delightfully loony 'smoke generators'?
Old 16th March 2009, 03:11 PM   #323
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
As I said, it looks like a smoke generator to me Johnny. It does not resemble smoke being blown out of a broken window which is the prevailing theory in certain quarters I believe. For me my own eyes are what I go by. Don't you think it looks like a smoke generator ?
No. And my opinion is corroborated by every single firefighter who was on the scene. Again, why do feel your opinion trumps theirs?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 03:23 PM   #324
bill smith
Philosopher

No. And my opinion is corroborated by every single firefighter who was on the scene. Again, why do feel your opinion trumps theirs?
They saw what they saw and I see what I see Johnny. That's a smoke generator, no error. It seems obvious to me that that smoke is being mechanically pumped out like the smoke from a locomotive. Just a bit faster but in the same pulsed, rolling way. Smoke that being blown out does not look like that. It's only another minor observation but quite n interesting one.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 03:44 PM   #325
johnny karate

They saw what they saw and I see what I see Johnny. That's a smoke generator, no error. It seems obvious to me that that smoke is being mechanically pumped out like the smoke from a locomotive. Just a bit faster but in the same pulsed, rolling way. Smoke that being blown out does not look like that. It's only another minor observation but quite n interesting one.
You're not answering my question: Why do you feel your opinion trumps that of trained professionals who were on the scene?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 03:46 PM   #326
bill smith
Philosopher

You're not answering my question: Why do you feel your opinion trumps that of trained professionals who were on the scene?
My eyes tell me what I see. Their silence on the matter does not trump this visual evidence.
Old 16th March 2009, 03:53 PM   #327
johnny karate

My eyes tell me what I see. Their silence on the matter does not trump this visual evidence.
Are you suggesting their silence is meaningful?
Old 16th March 2009, 03:56 PM   #328
bill smith
Philosopher

Are you suggesting their silence is meaningful?
I'm afraid I couldn't say Johnny.
Old 16th March 2009, 04:03 PM   #329
Arus808
Philosopher

nice dodge.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 04:04 PM   #330
johnny karate

I'm afraid I couldn't say Johnny.
Which means you have your doubts. What reason do you have to suspect the FDNY would keep silent about something like this?
Old 16th March 2009, 04:13 PM   #331
bill smith
Philosopher

Which means you have your doubts. What reason do you have to suspect the FDNY would keep silent about something like this?
No....really....I couldn't say. Not on this particular aspect of 9/11 anyway. Though I do have my doubts about the fireman who said that '' WTC7 was fully involved in fire from ground to ceiling, all 47 floors''. I felt that he might have been exaggerating a little.
Old 16th March 2009, 04:15 PM   #332
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

I'm afraid I don't know.
The sum total of all the evidence from 911Truth is revealed. zero
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 04:34 PM   #333
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

You certainly can believe whatever you want, bill. Smoke generators it is then, if that's what it looks like to you. Stay true to yourself, that's what I always say.

Smoke generators ROCK!
Old 16th March 2009, 04:41 PM   #334
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
You certainly can believe whatever you want, bill. Smoke generators it is then, if that's what it looks like to you. Stay true to yourself, that's what I always say.

Smoke generators ROCK!
Perhaps someday soon a Truther will make a 9/11 presentation on coast-to-coast television. He could do well to finish with that clip asking poeple to call in giving their opinion on what it might be. A kind of 9/11-interactive thing. That sort of approach gets people involved . Not a bad idea. Pass it on please.

Last edited by bill smith; 16th March 2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: correction
Old 16th March 2009, 05:45 PM   #335
johnny karate

No....really....I couldn't say. Not on this particular aspect of 9/11 anyway.

Right. Which means you have your doubts. I merely asked for your opinion, not for you to make a definitive statement of fact (something you seem to have no compunction doing with regards to smoke generators, it seems). Your hesitancy to do so indicates you are suspicious of the FDNY silence on this issue. I want to know why.

Though I do have my doubts about the fireman who said that '' WTC7 was fully involved in fire from ground to ceiling, all 47 floors''. I felt that he might have been exaggerating a little.
So we've established that you think the FDNY have been untruthful in their depiction of the events of 9/11. Again, what basis do you have to believe the FDNY is lying or keeping silent about what they experienced on 9/11?
Old 16th March 2009, 05:49 PM   #336
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

so if it looks like smoke from a smoke generator, then IT MUST BE so.

Where is the picture they use to bring out of that animal that looked like one thing, but was actually another?

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 05:56 PM   #337
Thunder
Banned

They saw what they saw and I see what I see Johnny. That's a smoke generator, no error. It seems obvious to me that that smoke is being mechanically pumped out like the smoke from a locomotive.
Will someone please corroborate for me that this guy actually says:

"smoke generator"

I just wanted to make sure cause my eyes are not 20/20.

...Now I'm sure. Totally sure. 9-11 truth is dead. "Smoke Generator" just convinced me of this.

Last edited by Thunder; 16th March 2009 at 05:57 PM.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 07:06 PM   #338
A W Smith
Philosopher

bill neglects to rub his two remaining brain cells together

Theres a large hole in the side of the tower where the plane entered. very little smoke is exiting it. This means there is air entering it. Bill when you sit in front of a fireplace do you wonder why smoke comes out the top of the chimney and not out the fireplace?
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2009, 07:10 PM   #339
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
...when you sit in front of a fireplace do you wonder why smoke comes out the top of the chimney and not out the fireplace?
Because the smoke generator is pointing up?
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 12:13 AM   #340
bill smith
Philosopher

Right. Which means you have your doubts. I merely asked for your opinion, not for you to make a definitive statement of fact (something you seem to have no compunction doing with regards to smoke generators, it seems). Your hesitancy to do so indicates you are suspicious of the FDNY silence on this issue. I want to know why.

So we've established that you think the FDNY have been untruthful in their depiction of the events of 9/11. Again, what basis do you have to believe the FDNY is lying or keeping silent about what they experienced on 9/11?
I think the FDNY did a fine job on 9/11. In addition to their tremendous sacrifices I esoecially appreciated the 12,000 pages of sworn testimony they gave in the days and weeks after the events. Some of them, like the 'all 47 floors' guy made statements that are hard to reconcile with the visual reecord but that's not proof of anything. He may have been just exaggerating or mistaken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ4dVo5QgYg Firemen's Testimony- Study

Last edited by bill smith; 17th March 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: correction
Old 17th March 2009, 12:37 AM   #341
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

No it doesn't. I've worked with many smoke generators, in about 15 year of acting/tech theatre and none of them look like that. (unless you're basing this argumnt soley on the fact that "smoke" is being pushed out.)
Old 17th March 2009, 01:20 AM   #342
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
No it doesn't. I've worked with many smoke generators, in about 15 year of acting/tech theatre and none of them look like that. (unless you're basing this argumnt soley on the fact that "smoke" is being pushed out.)
Smoke generators at outdoor rock concerts produce smoke that looks exactly like this. I don't think that many people who see this clip will have many doubts about what they are seeing. I may be wrong but I would love to test it on public broadcast TV with a call-in afterwards.

Old 17th March 2009, 01:49 AM   #343
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

In a vain attempt to prompt some rationality, bill smith, can you show a few videos of real smoke from buildings that were genuinely on fire, then explain exactly how and why they look different to WTC7? Or is that too much like intelligent analysis for your tastes?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 02:16 AM   #344
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
In a vain attempt to prompt some rationality, bill smith, can you show a few videos of real smoke from buildings that were genuinely on fire, then explain exactly how and why they look different to WTC7? Or is that too much like intelligent analysis for your tastes?

Dave
Real fires often appear to produce less smoke than you might expect. Have a look at this video of WTC5 blazing (and incidentally take note that it did not collapse unlike WTC7 which apparently did from much,much smaller fires).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41OCQvu7ULQ WTC5

Last edited by bill smith; 17th March 2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: correction
Old 17th March 2009, 02:30 AM   #345
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Real fires often appear to produce less smoke than you might expect. Have a look at this video of WTC5 blazing (and incidentally take note that it did not collapse unlike WTC7 which apparently did from much,much smaller fires).
WTC5 and 6 had collapses internally due to fire, you are so funny as you lack knowledge and make up cute idiotic statements. BTW, did anyone put water on WTC5?

Do you want to see the internal failures of steel in WTC5 or 6? Are you really this ignorant on fires?
You need to step it up, your apologies for terrorist are weak.

Oops, they save the building by putting water on it; darn you posted a video of firemen fighting WTC5 fire. Not real smart to debunk your own stupid ideas with your own post.

Yeppers, WTC5 is ready to be used right now!!! Wowzer, no fire damage there! Good job expert 911Truth man. Great work. Better sign up for your Pulitzer Prize.

I guess you are not familiar with any of the 10,000 pages of NIST. Sad. Knowledge would save you from displaying piles of ignorance.

Wow, that is a small fire in WTC7, you are right again, you are totally knowledge free on 911. Did you know the firemen knew WTC7 could fall and hour or two before it fell all due to un-fought fires which is always a danger and many times firemen have abandoned fire fighting efforts due to possible collapse. Darn, the things you could learn if you wanted to try stop apologizing for terrorists and think for yourself instead of googling your way through ignorance on 911.

Last edited by beachnut; 17th March 2009 at 02:48 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 02:36 AM   #346
dtugg
Banned

Smoke generators in WTC7. LOL. I don't think I've heard that one before. Thank you very much for the laugh, bill.

(Just to be clear, I am laughing in your face bill)
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 02:39 AM   #347
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dtugg View Post
Smoke generators in WTC7. LOL. I don't think I've heard that one before. Thank you very much for the laugh, bill.

(Just to be clear, I am laughing in your face bill)
I'm glad you are enjoying the show. I hope you brushed your teeth if you are going to laugh in my face.

Last edited by bill smith; 17th March 2009 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 17th March 2009, 02:55 AM   #348
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Could you make a special effort, and come up with a line of argument that doesn't involve lying? The idea that less smoke comes from a smaller building on fire (despite the fact that other conspiracy theorists have argued that all the smoke came from WTC5) is completely irrelevant to your original suggestion that it was the dynamics of the smoke, not the amount, that was suspicious.

It's painfully obvious that your approach to 9/11 is to start by picking a phenomenon at random, claim it's suspect, then invent a flimsy rationalisation for that belief. When someone questions that rationalisation, you simply invent a different one. Nobody's fooled by it.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 17th March 2009 at 02:56 AM.
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 03:13 AM   #349
tsig
a carbon based life-form

So now you can just look at smoke and tell what made it? How long have you had this talent?

I'm sure that your untrained eye looking at a video many years after the event is better that all the professionals who were there actually experiencing it.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 03:17 AM   #350
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Could you make a special effort, and come up with a line of argument that doesn't involve lying? The idea that less smoke comes from a smaller building on fire (despite the fact that other conspiracy theorists have argued that all the smoke came from WTC5) is completely irrelevant to your original suggestion that it was the dynamics of the smoke, not the amount, that was suspicious.

It's painfully obvious that your approach to 9/11 is to start by picking a phenomenon at random, claim it's suspect, then invent a flimsy rationalisation for that belief. When someone questions that rationalisation, you simply invent a different one. Nobody's fooled by it.

Dave
I note that you excised my link to the raging inferno in WTC5 and can only conclude that you do not like the comparison with the much,much smaller fires in WTC7 which NIST say caused it to totally collapse despite it being one of the strongest steel structures ever constructed in the World history of such buidings. I repost the link to WTC5 for completeness.

The rest of your post is rambling and indecisive so I will lay out the framework for why I think smoke generators may have been used in WTC7 to create the illusion that 'where there is smoke there must be fire'.

Ifyou look at the video of WTC5 burning you will note that the heavy smoke is not apparent in the areas where there is serious fire.It appears to be rising away from where the raging inferno ends near the top of the buiidng.
In WTC7 the heavy smoke begins more or less at ground level, indicating that there was no raging inforno inside (otherewise we would have seen roaring flames and no smoke inthe area of fire, as can be seen in the WTC5 video). Considering that the fires were supposedly started by rubble from the North Tower we can easonably assume that the fires were right inside the South Wall where the smoke was coming from. So you see where I am going ? Small fires producing a mountain of smoke can only mean one thing--smoke generators like the one n the video I showed earlier.

Last edited by bill smith; 17th March 2009 at 03:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 17th March 2009, 03:18 AM   #351
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Smoke generators at outdoor rock concerts produce smoke that looks exactly like this. I don't think that many people who see this clip will have many doubts about what they are seeing. I may be wrong but I would love to test it on public broadcast TV with a call-in afterwards.

I see your problem. Too much Smoke at rock concerts.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 03:32 AM   #352
tsig
a carbon based life-form

I note that you excised my link to the raging inferno in WTC5 and can only conclude that you do not like the comparion with the much,much smaller fires in WTC7 which NIST say caused it to totally collapse despite it being one of the strongest steel structures ever constructed in the World history of cuch buidings. I repost the link to WTC5 for completeness.

The rest of your post is rambling and indecisive so I will lay out the framework for why I think smoke generators may have been used in WTC7 to create the illusion that 'where there is smoke there must be fire'.

Ifyou look at the video of WTC5 burning you will note that the heavy smoke is not apparent in the areas where there is serious fire.It appears to be rising away from where the raging inferno ends near the top of the buiidng.
In WTC7 the heavy smoke begins more or less at ground level, indicating that there was no raging inforno inside (otherewise we would have seen roaring flames and no smoke inthe area of fire, as can be seen in the WTC5 video). Considering that the fires were supposedly started by rubble from the North Towr we can easonably assume that the fires were right inside the South Wall where the smoke was coming from. So you see where I am going ? Small fires producing a mountain of smoke can only mean one thing--smoke generators like the one n the video I showed earlier.
So roaring fires do not produce smoke only smoke generators do that.

Bill have you ever heard" Where there's smoke there's fire" or is that just an old wives tale?
Old 17th March 2009, 03:39 AM   #353
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

bill do you HONESTLY think that smoke generators are the only explanation for the smoke in the WTC fires? I'm serious, because do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?

ETA: I just had a thought. I can picture workmen carrying large boxes and distributing them around the WTC. When asked what they were, muttering "uhhhh....brand new copy machines sir. Nothing to see here. Move along..."

Last edited by twinstead; 17th March 2009 at 03:42 AM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2009, 03:45 AM   #354
bill smith
Philosopher

bill do you HONESTLY think that smoke generators are the only explanation for the smoke in the WTC fires? I'm serious, because do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?

ETA: I just had a thought. I can picture workmen carrying large boxes and distributing them around the WTC. When asked what they were, muttering "uhhhh....brand new copy machines sir. Nothing to see here. Move along..."
Of course not. There were fires after all. But in the case of WTC7 there were not enough fires to explain the gigantic quantity if smoke that was pumped out.

BBL
Old 17th March 2009, 03:49 AM   #355
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Something in his behavior has given you the expectation of an honest answer? I pronounce you the most optimistic person in the universe!

Nothing to see here but dead horses.
Old 17th March 2009, 03:53 AM   #356
GStan
Graduate Poster

Of course not. There were fires after all. But in the case of WTC7 there were not enough fires to explain the gigantic quantity if smoke that was pumped out.

BBL
How did you calculate this? Please show your work.
Old 17th March 2009, 04:01 AM   #357
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Why is 911Truth full of delusions of thermite?

There comes a time when your silence becomes betrayal
The time has come when your lack of knowledge on 911 betrays you

WTC5 destroyed by fire. How ironic. The same happened to WTC7.

Only a few fringe people fail to comprehend WTC7 failed due to fire. Knowledge is the key; 911Truth lost their key.
Old 17th March 2009, 04:27 AM   #358
Dave Rogers

You're using the behaviour of the smoke to determine the intensity of the fires, then claiming that the behaviour of the smoke from WTC7 is inconsistent with the size of the fires that you've just deduced from it. That's not circular logic, it's Moebius logic.

The possibility, of course, that you've chosen to ignore is that there were very large fires inside WTC7 - which was, after all, a very large building - but that most of them were not close to the exterior walls at the time your video was recorded. The reason that you've chosen to ignore that possibility is that it's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the behaviour of the smoke, is consistent with the fire modelling results published in the NIST report, and doesn't carry the faintest suggestion of anything underhand going on with WTC7.

Oh, and "rambling and indecisive"? There's nothing indecisive about pointing out that you're lying, and there's nothing rambling about pointing out that you're changing your lie whenever it suits you.

Dave

Old 17th March 2009, 04:32 AM   #359
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I pronounce you the most optimistic person in the universe!
Well, either that or a master of the rhetorical question
Old 17th March 2009, 04:34 AM   #360
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GStan View Post
How did you calculate this? Please show your work.
He has his eyes, dude. He has his eyes. He don't need no stinkin' calculations!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories