IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags neads , NMCC , pentagon

Old 20th July 2011, 03:16 AM   #1
BCR
Master Poster

Air Threat Conference Call; Staff Transcript

Some new information from Miles Kara and the authors of The Eleventh Day; The Full Story of 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden.

Quote:
Robbyn Swan, co-author of The Eleventh Day, filed a mandatory declassification review with NARA concerning the Air Threat Conference Call convened by the National Military Command Center (NMCC) on 9-11. That request surfaced a Commission Staff version titled, “DJH Notes.” Swann and Summers, therefore, are the only investigators, other than the Commission Staff, who have had access to the contents of that key document.
Interesting stuff and I ordered the book last night. More and more authors seem to be reaching the same conclusion(s) that I have regarding 9/11 and the CT's.

Quote:
The legacy of the spurious doubts, though, has been that far too little attention has been given to the very real omissions and distortions in the official reporting. The conspiracy theorizing in which the skeptics indulged, David Corn has rightly said, “distracts people from the actual malfeasance, mistakes and misdeeds of the U.S. government and the intelligence community.” There were certainly mistakes, and there may have been wrong doing.
Old 20th July 2011, 04:43 AM   #2
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BCR View Post
Some new information from Miles Kara and the authors of The Eleventh Day; The Full Story of 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden.

Interesting stuff and I ordered the book last night. More and more authors seem to be reaching the same conclusion(s) that I have regarding 9/11 and the CT's.
These conclusions are vague, and I fail to see how they are supported by the linked documents

Is there more than FUBAR?
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2011, 05:09 AM   #3
MikeW
Graduate Poster

The linked Air Threat Conference Call transcript may link back to Mineta, I see... He's logged in to the PEOC at 10:07, 6 minutes later the PEOC are referenced saying "we've got confirmation of a plane 60 miles out".
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2011, 05:21 AM   #4
BCR
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
These conclusions are vague, and I fail to see how they are supported by the linked documents

Is there more than FUBAR?
I just ordered the book last night. Fenton's is very well documented however. I don't do Google linkeys. Publishers don't like that sort of thing
Old 20th July 2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BCR View Post
I just ordered the book last night. Fenton's is very well documented however. I don't do Google linkeys. Publishers don't like that sort of thing
How do you know the book supports any conclusions of "malfeasance, mistakes and misdeeds of the U.S. government and the intelligence community", and what are these conclusions anyway? I see neither a summary of the conclusions, nor any supporting evidence, in your text or the linked sites.

Is this only a call to buy the book?
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2011, 01:01 PM   #6
BCR
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
How do you know the book supports any conclusions of "malfeasance, mistakes and misdeeds of the U.S. government and the intelligence community", and what are these conclusions anyway? I see neither a summary of the conclusions, nor any supporting evidence, in your text or the linked sites.

Is this only a call to buy the book?
Hey, I linked the quote source, former Team 8 staffer Miles Kara. He has posted a full review on his site for the book and made the recommendation. I'm just the messenger. In the meantime, you may wish to buy the book or not.
Old 21st July 2011, 04:18 PM   #7
BCR
Master Poster

Although linked at the top of the page I linked in the OP, some folks seem to be having trouble finding Miles book review. So here is a direct link to it.

http://www.oredigger61.org/?p=4436
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:16 PM   #8
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I'm curious as to the point of this thread, to be honest. Is the "Air Threat Conference Call; Staff Transcript" part of this evidence of the "actual malfeasance, mistakes and misdeeds of the U.S. government and the intelligence community"?

I would presume that it provides evidence that the FAA and NORAD lied/gave false information to the 9/11 Commission in their initial account of events, but this is hardly ground shattering - the Commission itself worked this out pretty quickly and the inaccuracy of that early account has been public knowledge now for many, many years.

If the transcript provides evidence of further false recounting, that would be at the feet of the Commission itself (including Miles, incidentally) as they had access to the transcript themselves, and the "now official" account of FAA/NORAD actions derives from their timeline, not the FAA or NORAD.

I'm a little confused as to what we should be taking a look at re: the OP.

Regarding the last point of the OP:

Quote:
More and more authors seem to be reaching the same conclusion(s) that I have regarding 9/11 and the CT's.

Quote:
The legacy of the spurious doubts, though, has been that far too little attention has been given to the very real omissions and distortions in the official reporting. The conspiracy theorizing in which the skeptics indulged, David Corn has rightly said, “distracts people from the actual malfeasance, mistakes and misdeeds of the U.S. government and the intelligence community.” There were certainly mistakes, and there may have been wrong doing.
You're preaching to the choir. Most regular "debunkers" of 9/11 conspiracy theories have been saying the exact same thing for a decade. The primary issue most of us have with 9/11 Conspiracy Theories is that they distract from genuine issues - ones that actually exist in the real world.

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories