IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Crazy J
Student

Eyewitness Testimony of Explosions at the Twin Towers: A Possible Explanation

As we all know, conspiracy theorists point to eyewitness testimony as proof that explosives were involved in the destruction of the Twin Towers. Let's forget that most of the quotes are taken out of context. Let's forget the fact that alot of people were afraid, in panic, and running for their lives. Is there another explanation. Are there other things that sounded like explosions or did explode that doesn't necessarily involve explosives? Did people mistake several other things for bombs. Due to the horrific nature of the event it's not the least bit surprising. Especially since there were many other things that sounded like or did explode that anyone could've mistaken bombs. Here is a small list that I've put together that could easily explain the testimony of explosions.

The Planes
""a huge fireball explodes in the lobby...It left alot of smoke and everything was blown out, all the glass and revolving doors...we [later] found out what happened...a plane had hit the building." Never Forget pg.44

"I had just hung up when I heard and felt something ripping through the building. Boom! Boom! Boom! I didn't know about an airlplane." September 11: An Oral History pg.49

"When the first plane hit Tower 1 I didn't know what it was....I thought maybe it was a generator or some sort of an explosion." Never Forget pg.54

"Everything was going well until we heard that explosion. Boom!...I didn't know what had happened....At that time, I didn't know a second plane had hit. I didn't even really know about the first plane..." Tower Stories pg.95-97

"As I was headed through the tunnel, just as I was getting on West street, I heard another explosion. That must have been when the second plane hit." Never Forget pg.92

"there's a secondary explosion. BOOM!...we had no idea that it was the second plane because we're on the north side of the building." Never Forget pg. 106-107

"I believe that's when the second plane hit. At the time we didn't know the second plane hit. At the time we didn't know what it was. I thought maybe the elevators had fallen down the shaft and made that explosion." Never Forget pg.167

"I was getting some tools out of our truck when I heard massive explosion behind me. I turned around to see what it was, and it was the second plane hitting the south tower." Never Forget pg.203

"I was still probing the roof when, Wham! I heard a big explosion...We didn't know it was another jet." September 11: An Oral History pg.119-120

"All of sudden we heard another loud explosion. And that was the second plane hitting the second tower. We didn't know what it was at first." Never Forget pg. 218

Cars and Trucks
"Every minute or so you heard an explosion from somewhere close by. I thought at the time that they were bombs, but I later found out that they were cars exploding from the heat of the fires." Tower Stories pg.182

"There's a parking lot on the southeast corner of liberty and west, and I see four or five cars and trucks on fire, just exploding....I watched five cars and trucks burning and exploding and nobody paid any attention." Never Forget pg.74

"There was one explosion after another. A fire truck blew up and then a police car and then another police car." September 11: An Oral History pg.157

Bulding Collapsing
"I thought we were running from any explosion and some debris. It turned out we were running from the collapsing building." Never Forget pg.79

"I heard the most terryfying noise. It sounded like an explosion, but I knew it wasn't that. It seems the other tower, the south tower, was collapsing just 50 yards behind me." September 11: An Oral History pg.29

Other Things
"There were explosions everywhere...Everyone started screaming about car bombs. What it was though, were hot pieces of structural steel from Tower 1 flying through the air like toothpicks....It was terrible but it was not bombs." September 11: An Oral History pg.188

"The men could hear nothing except what sounded like a series of explosions that went on...in rapid successio, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, and the screaching sound of steel beams and girders that were being twisted like plastic ties and a loaf of bread." Tower Stories pg.80

"At one poing, we had to hide underneath that overpass so we wouldn't get hit with a body. Once it hit the ground and exploded." Never Forget pg.245

""When that [plane crash] happened, some elevators must've ripped loose from their cables and shut down their shafts to the main floor...The wall exploded and the pieces went flying..." Tower Stories pg.102

"I can still hear that horrible noise in my ears. Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! It was the sound of my elevator hitting the walls as it dropped from just above the 44th floor." September 11: An Oral History pg.9

"I'd heard nothing but explosions all day like bombs going off. It makes sense looking back. The fires from the jet fuel was still burning. Air conditioning and refrigerators units in the nearby buildings were going off like crackers, exploding from the super heat." Tower Stories pg.252

How many people heard these things and didn't know what it was at the time
or even today?

Could these be some of the things that people mistook for explosives?

How many people naturally mistook any of these things for bombs?

Why aren't any of these witnesses on any of the "inside job" websites, books, and documentaries?

Will conspiracy theorists accept these witnesses as legit or accuse them too of being "in on it?"

If anybody has others please post them. GRACIAS!!!
Crazy J is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 01:46 PM   #2
bill smith
Philosopher

I have a video clip where verbatim firefighter testimony is analysed. Would you like me to post it ?
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 02:16 PM   #3
seewithyourowneyes
Banned

open your eyes!!!

the Fact that our lovely gov't waited over 400 days to start an investigation to find out what caused the buildings to "fall down" and to find out who did it is a joke! it's an insult to the American people.....and the few people who can't see that both towers were destroyed with a massive bomb to wipe out the central core.......yeah 110 stories of concrete,steel etc.....falls apart and turns to dust...and some of you have the nerve to make fun of the people who want the truth to be told.....THE TRUTH IS WE WERE ALL LIED TO....ALL OF US....BUT I LIKE SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY HEAD IN THE SAND...AFRAID TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS! WAKE UP.....
seewithyourowneyes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
I have a video clip where verbatim firefighter testimony is analysed. Would you like me to post it ?
A homage to quote mining Bill?
Old 26th July 2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by seewithyourowneyes View Post
the Fact that our lovely gov't waited over 400 days to start an investigation to find out what caused the buildings to "fall down" and to find out who did it is a joke! it's an insult to the American people.....and the few people who can't see that both towers were destroyed with a massive bomb to wipe out the central core.......yeah 110 stories of concrete,steel etc.....falls apart and turns to dust...and some of you have the nerve to make fun of the people who want the truth to be told.....THE TRUTH IS WE WERE ALL LIED TO....ALL OF US....BUT I LIKE SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY HEAD IN THE SAND...AFRAID TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS! WAKE UP.....
Just... LOL!
Old 26th July 2011, 02:22 PM   #6
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I see it's school vacation again.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 02:25 PM   #7
bill smith
Philosopher

Welcome to the jref.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 02:27 PM   #8
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

How massive was the bomb? Please answer in pounds of TNT. Can you do it before the 10th anniversary, as you fail to apologize with evidence for the terrorists, instead you spread lies about bombs, and appear to have missed the last 10 years, which from the evidence, you did not speed in engineering school. What turned to dust? The towers were 95 percent air, and filled with tons of wallboard, you know the stuff you can punch a hole in with your fist, your walls in your house, try to miss the stud when mad at the wall.

"But I like some of you" too. How massive were they? How did they keep them from going BOOM?

Quote:
"I'd heard nothing but explosions all day like bombs going off. It makes sense looking back. The fires from the jet fuel was still burning. Air conditioning and refrigerators units in the nearby buildings were going off like crackers, exploding from the super heat." Tower Stories pg.252
A good truther can quote mine and cherry pick this statement to satisfy their need to post moronic delusions and spread false information.

Last edited by beachnut; 26th July 2011 at 02:30 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 07:49 PM   #9
JamesB
Master Poster

I was thinking about this argument while reading about the recent tragedy in Oslo. The bombing involved just a couple of crude carbombs, yet the resulting explosions blew out windows for blocks around.

Quote:
On the square where the car bomb detonated, the glass face of a clock high on a tower remains shattered and the windows of the Prime Minister's building and the nearby Labour Party headquarters are boarded up. Tourists press at the gates cordoning off the damaged area, kneeling to grab tiny shards of glass and stuff them in their pockets as souvenirs.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz1TGn9jh9M

The truthers claim that there were over a hundred tons of "high tech military grade explosives" at the WTC, yet they can't point to even a single blown out window anywhere in downtown Manhattan as a result, or even a clear audio recording of these tremendous blasts.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 08:48 PM   #10
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Do you have to ask permission? Why not just do it?
Old 27th July 2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Björn Toulouse View Post
Bill has deluded himself into believing we are afraid of his twoof.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 12:14 AM   #12
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy J View Post
Eyewitness Testimony of Explosions at the Twin Towers: A Possible Explanation!
I always thought "things explode inside burning buildings" was more than enough.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 12:43 AM   #13
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Björn Toulouse View Post
The guy put in a fair bit of work to compile his long list. It just seemed a bit shabby to undermine it so quickly with this compelling video. But he doesn't seem to be continuing so I'll take your hint and go ahead and post it .

An Analysis of firefighter testimony from 9/11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ4dVo5QgYg

Last edited by bill smith; 27th July 2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:50 AM   #14
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Funny how no one ever goes back and interviews those very firefighters to see if that's what they indeed thought, huh?
Old 27th July 2011, 12:52 AM   #15
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Funny how no one ever goes back and interviews those very firefighters to see if that's what they indeed thought, huh?
Especially not you guys eh SOT ?
Old 27th July 2011, 01:05 AM   #16
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Especially not you guys eh SOT ?
Actually, one of us did:
Firefighters and their unions don't hesitate to demand that safety issues be addressed. At Farrell's bar in Brooklyn, which is a firefighter and cop hangout, I asked one of New York's Bravest how he would respond to someone who said the 9/11 first responders were keeping quiet about what killed their brothers. He laughed, shook his head, and said, "There better not be a Halligan around. I'd put it through his ____ing skull." At the center of Farrell's back bar stands a cross made from WTC steel and a portrait of longtime Farrell's bartender Vinny Brunton, a FDNY Captain with Ladder 105, who died on 9/11.
Your turn, Bill (you better bring a helmet though).
Old 27th July 2011, 01:15 AM   #17
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Actually, one of us did:
Firefighters and their unions don't hesitate to demand that safety issues be addressed. At Farrell's bar in Brooklyn, which is a firefighter and cop hangout, I asked one of New York's Bravest how he would respond to someone who said the 9/11 first responders were keeping quiet about what killed their brothers. He laughed, shook his head, and said, "There better not be a Halligan around. I'd put it through his ____ing skull." At the center of Farrell's back bar stands a cross made from WTC steel and a portrait of longtime Farrell's bartender Vinny Brunton, a FDNY Captain with Ladder 105, who died on 9/11.
Your turn, Bill (you better bring a helmet though).
I'm not interested in this kind of anecdote SOT. Neither are the readers I suspect.
Old 27th July 2011, 01:30 AM   #18
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not interested in this kind of anecdote SOT.
Why not, Bill? You just said none of us has spoken to the firefighters since 9/11. That claim has now been proven false.

Why don't you go down to Farrell's and talk to them yourself, Bill? Oh... and make sure you tell them how you think FDNY members are lying about WTC7.

Quote:
Neither are the readers I suspect.
You mean the voices in your head Bill?
Old 27th July 2011, 01:46 AM   #19
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Bill, if you are unwilling to accept the testimony of firefighters who contradict your beliefs then you simply cannot expect anyone anywhere to accept what you put forth. As far as that one isolated example of a firefighters comment, no skeptics wouldn't accept it. It's the massive, massive pile of other evidence which proves 9/11 was not an inside job.

SoT called your bluff. Now it is your turn. I'd love to see a video of you talking to the firefighters. It might give you a bit more clarity of what happened on the day. After all, if you are seeking the truth you should relish the opportunity to speak to the FDNY.

Good luck, you can find them in New York City.

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60

Last edited by JAStewart; 27th July 2011 at 01:49 AM.
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 04:15 AM   #20
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

If you mean MacQueen's garbage, go find Karen Deshore and read it to her. (Idiot boy MacQueen quotes her as proof of his garbage.)

Wear your body armor and helmet and you might want a tube of K-Y Jelly handy.

ETA: I guess I should have read the whoile thread first. MacQueen sucks tremendously and should have his mouth washed out with soap for lying about what the fire fighters' testimony shows. The boy is a punk.

Last edited by leftysergeant; 27th July 2011 at 04:19 AM.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 04:21 AM   #21
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

THE TRUTH IS WE WERE ALL LIED TO....ALL OF US....BUT I LIKE SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY HEAD IN THE SAND...AFRAID TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS! WAKE UP.....
The sand would actually be a better place for your head to be than where you did stick it.
Old 27th July 2011, 07:29 AM   #22
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not interested in this kind of anecdote SOT. Neither are the readers I suspect.
There you go again assuming the "readers" give a crap about what you think.
Old 27th July 2011, 07:40 AM   #23
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
There you go again assuming the "readers" give a crap about what you think.
I can only analyse the events from a distance Twinstead so readers may not give some of what I say much credence. But they certainly should listen to what some of the 118 firefighters who experienced explosive events on 9/11 said in their sworn testimony.(Which was entirely excluded from the 9/11 comission hearings I might add.)

Deputy Fire Commissioner Thomas Fitzpatrick. [Source: City of New York]Numerous witnesses to the collapse of the south WTC tower think it resembles a demolition using explosives. Some initially believe this is what is occurring:

Reporter John Bussey watches the collapse from the Wall Street Journal's offices across the street from the WTC. He say s,''I… looked up out of the office window to see what seemed like perfectly synchronized explosions coming from each floor, spewing glass and metal outward. One after the other, from top to bottom, with a fraction of a second between, the floors blew to pieces'' [Wall Street Journal, 9/12/2001]

Deputy Fire Commissioner Thomas Fitzpatrick:''I remember seeing, it looked like sparkling around one specific layer of the building.… Then the building started to come down. My initial reaction was that this was exactly the way it looks when they show you those implosions on TV'' [City of New York, 10/1/2001]

Assistant Fire Commissioner Stephen Gregory: '' saw low-level flashes. In my conversation with Lieutenant Evangelista… he questioned me and asked me if I saw low-level flashes in front of the building, and I agreed with him… I saw a flash flash flash and then it looked like the building came down.… You know like when they demolish a building, how when they blow up a building, when it falls down? That’s what I thought I saw'' [City of New York, 10/3/2001]

Firefighter Richard Banaciski:''It seemed like on television they blow up these buildings. It seemed like it was going all the way around like a belt, all these explosions'' [City of New York, 12/6/2001]

Firefighter Joseph Meola:''As we are looking up at the building, what I saw was, it looked like the building was blowing out on all four sides. We actually heard the pops.… You thought it was just blowing out'' [City of New York, 12/11/2001]

Fire Chief Frank Cruthers:''[T]here was what appeared to be at first an explosion. It appeared at the very top, simultaneously from all four sides, materials shot out horizontally. And then there seemed to be a momentary delay before you could see the beginning of the collapse'' [City of New York, 10/31/2001]

Battalion Chief Brian Dixon:''I was watching the fire… the lowest floor of fire in the South Tower actually looked like someone had planted explosives around it because the whole bottom I could see—I could see two sides of it and the other side—it just looked like that floor blew out.… I thought, geez, this looks like an explosion up there, it blew out'' [City of New York, 10/25/2001]

Firefighter Timothy Burke:''Then the building popped, lower than the fire… I was going oh, my god, there is secondary device because the way the building popped I thought it was an explosion'' [City of New York, 1/22/2002]

Firefighter Edward Cachia:''It actually gave at a lower floor, not the floor where the plane hit, because we originally had thought there was like an internal detonation explosives because it went in succession, boom, boom, boom, boom, and then the tower came down'' [City of New York, 12/6/2001]

Firefighter Kenneth Rogers:''[T]here was an explosion in the South Tower… I kept watching. Floor after floor after floor. One floor under another after another and when it hit about the fifth floor, I figured it was a bomb, because it looked like a synchronized deliberate kind of thing'' [City of New York, 12/10/2001]

Reporter Beth Fertig:''The tower went down perfectly straight, as if a demolition crew had imploded it. I wondered if it was being brought down deliberately'' [Gilbert et al., 2002, pp. 78]

Only a fool or a Shill could say that these statements do not prove that 9/11 was an inside job.

Last edited by bill smith; 27th July 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 27th July 2011, 09:31 AM   #24
Animal
Master Poster

I can only analyse the events from a distance Twinstead so readers may not give some of what I say much credence. But they certainly should listen to what some of the 118 firefighters who experienced explosive events on 9/11 said in their sworn testimony.(Which was entirely excluded from the 9/11 comission hearings I might add.)

Deputy Fire Commissioner Thomas Fitzpatrick. [Source: City of New York]Numerous witnesses to the collapse of the south WTC tower think it resembles a demolition using explosives. Some initially believe this is what is occurring:

Reporter John Bussey watches the collapse from the Wall Street Journal's offices across the street from the WTC. He say s,''I… looked up out of the office window to see what seemed like perfectly synchronized explosions coming from each floor, spewing glass and metal outward. One after the other, from top to bottom, with a fraction of a second between, the floors blew to pieces'' [Wall Street Journal, 9/12/2001]

Deputy Fire Commissioner Thomas Fitzpatrick:''I remember seeing, it looked like sparkling around one specific layer of the building.… Then the building started to come down. My initial reaction was that this was exactly the way it looks when they show you those implosions on TV'' [City of New York, 10/1/2001]

Assistant Fire Commissioner Stephen Gregory: '' saw low-level flashes. In my conversation with Lieutenant Evangelista… he questioned me and asked me if I saw low-level flashes in front of the building, and I agreed with him… I saw a flash flash flash and then it looked like the building came down.… You know like when they demolish a building, how when they blow up a building, when it falls down? That’s what I thought I saw'' [City of New York, 10/3/2001]

Firefighter Richard Banaciski:''It seemed like on television they blow up these buildings. It seemed like it was going all the way around like a belt, all these explosions'' [City of New York, 12/6/2001]

Firefighter Joseph Meola:''As we are looking up at the building, what I saw was, it looked like the building was blowing out on all four sides. We actually heard the pops.… You thought it was just blowing out'' [City of New York, 12/11/2001]

Fire Chief Frank Cruthers:''[T]here was what appeared to be at first an explosion. It appeared at the very top, simultaneously from all four sides, materials shot out horizontally. And then there seemed to be a momentary delay before you could see the beginning of the collapse'' [City of New York, 10/31/2001]

Battalion Chief Brian Dixon:''I was watching the fire… the lowest floor of fire in the South Tower actually looked like someone had planted explosives around it because the whole bottom I could see—I could see two sides of it and the other side—it just looked like that floor blew out.… I thought, geez, this looks like an explosion up there, it blew out'' [City of New York, 10/25/2001]

Firefighter Timothy Burke:''Then the building popped, lower than the fire… I was going oh, my god, there is secondary device because the way the building popped I thought it was an explosion'' [City of New York, 1/22/2002]

Firefighter Edward Cachia:''It actually gave at a lower floor, not the floor where the plane hit, because we originally had thought there was like an internal detonation explosives because it went in succession, boom, boom, boom, boom, and then the tower came down'' [City of New York, 12/6/2001]

Firefighter Kenneth Rogers:''[T]here was an explosion in the South Tower… I kept watching. Floor after floor after floor. One floor under another after another and when it hit about the fifth floor, I figured it was a bomb, because it looked like a synchronized deliberate kind of thing'' [City of New York, 12/10/2001]

Reporter Beth Fertig:''The tower went down perfectly straight, as if a demolition crew had imploded it. I wondered if it was being brought down deliberately'' [Gilbert et al., 2002, pp. 78]

Only a fool or a Shill could say that these statements do not prove that 9/11 was an inside job.
The only thing it proves is that eyewitnesses relate what they see to what is familiar. The vast majority of the population has never seen a building collapse except for televised demolitions.

Only the willfully ignorant and terminally stupid believe that eyewitness association of the events on 911 to controlled demolition = proof of an inside job.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 10:04 AM   #25
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Animal View Post
The only thing it proves is that eyewitnesses relate what they see to what is familiar. The vast majority of the population has never seen a building collapse except for televised demolitions.

Only the willfully ignorant and terminally stupid believe that eyewitness association of the events on 911 to controlled demolition = proof of an inside job.
Even though the majority of these witnesses are senior firefighting officers with years of experience. ? There are plenty more by the way.

I stick by what I said.

Only a fool or a Shill could say that those statements do not prove that 9/11 was an inside job.

Last edited by bill smith; 27th July 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 27th July 2011, 10:50 AM   #26
Animal
Master Poster

Even though the majority of these witnesses are senior firefighting officers with years of experience. ? There are plenty more by the way.

I stick by what I said.

Only a fool or a Shill could say that those statements do not prove that 9/11 was an inside job.
<snicker> I stick by what I said, only the willfully ignorant and terminally stupid believe such statements are proof of an "inside job"

I can post statements from people that said it sounded like a locomotive. By troofer logic, that means trains destroyed the WTC.

But please continue to live in your world of cynical delusions and fantasy....it is great entertainment.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 11:56 AM   #27
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

I can only analyse the events from a distance Twinstead so readers may not give some of what I say much credence.
The bolded portion is a lie.

There is an option other than analysing "from a distance". You could go back and ask the firefighters whom you have quoted what they really meant.

But you've admitted you don't want to do that.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:02 PM   #28
alienentity
Illuminator

Really? 400 days? Not according to FEMA, who conducted the first investigation. They began plans on Sept 12, 2001, and 'A number of the team members were at the site immediately after the attacks to assist as needed. As soon as the rescue operations were halted and the FEMA Urban Search and Rescue teams left the site, the BPS Team mobilized to the WTC site and conducted field observations during the week of October 7, 2001. While in New York, the team inspected and photographed the site and individual building conditions, visited the salvage yards receiving steel from the collapsed buildings, attended presentations by design professionals associated with WTC buildings, and reviewed available building drawings.'

Not 400 days, as you falsely claimed. Why are you making false claims?

And the cores were destroyed by massive bombs? Really? Are you sure they weren't turned to dust by high-tech military energy weapons? That's what some truthers believe .
They claim even the steel was turned to dust by 'molecular dissociation'.
Are they wrong?

Or how about those who claim there were mini-nukes which vaporized the buildings? Are they wrong?

They can't all be right, so which is it?
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 12:28 PM   #29
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I see it's school vacation again.

Or, as a certain popular imageboard puts it, summer.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 12:42 PM   #30
NoahFence
Banned

The guy put in a fair bit of work to compile his long list. It just seemed a bit shabby to undermine it so quickly with this compelling video. But he doesn't seem to be continuing so I'll take your hint and go ahead and post it .

Redicuous, regurgitated crap.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 05:23 PM   #31
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

You forgot to include the reports from thse fire fighters who were trapped inside the core of one of the towers who heard a glass-shattering-ear-destroying-KABOOM as each floor was destroyed. Without that you have a handful of unicorn poo.
Old 27th July 2011, 05:24 PM   #32
triforcharity
Banned

Wow. This is one of the WORST quote mine jobs I have seen iun quite a while.
Bill, this is a FLAT OUT LIE. I sure hope that you're not responsible for this abortion of honesty. Here is the VERY NEXT SENTENCE:

"I guess in some sense of time, we looked at it and realized, no, it actually just collapsed. That's what blew out the windows, not that there was an explosion there, but that windows blew out. "

Here's the COMPLETE text (page 15, 2nd Paragraph)
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...IC/9110166.PDF
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2011, 05:11 PM   #33
ergo
Illuminator

Notice that, in 9/11 liar speak, anything twoofers post is called "quote mining".

Other quote mines, however, such as Crazy J's above, are not quote mines. They are called "compelling evidence".

Last edited by ergo; 28th July 2011 at 05:15 PM.
ergo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2011, 05:15 PM   #34
ergo
Illuminator

This has probably appeared somewhere here recently, as it's been highlighted on the AETruth main site.

Here it is for those 9/11 fakers who haven't seen it yet. A 27-minute compilation of TV and video reports of explosions, explosions, explosions.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 28th July 2011, 05:39 PM   #35
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ergo View Post
This has probably appeared somewhere here recently, as it's been highlighted on the AETruth main site.

Here it is for those 9/11 fakers who haven't seen it yet. A 27-minute compilation of TV and video reports of explosions, explosions, explosions.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
almost ten years and troofers have yet to come to terms with the fact that explosions DOES NOT mean explosives.
Old 28th July 2011, 05:50 PM   #36
Edx
Philosopher

I AGREE
OH NOES - Heres some more explosion witness' ergo!!!

I AGREE
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2011, 05:52 PM   #37
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

I AGREE
Taking notes Crazy J? THAT'S how quote mining is done.
Old 28th July 2011, 05:52 PM   #38
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Here's something else that Banaciski said in that interview:

Quote:
They told us to get out of there because they were worried about 7 World Trade Center, which is right behind it, coming down. We were up on the upper floors of the Verizon building looking at it. You could just see the whole bottom corner of the building was gone. We could look right out over to where the Trade Centers were because we were that high up. Looking over the smaller buildings. I just remember it was tremendous, tremendous fires going on. Finally they pulled us out. They said all right, get out of that building because that 7, they were really worried about.
Only a fool or a Troofer (but I repeat myself) would say that isn't evidence that Building 7 came down because of fires.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2011, 05:58 PM   #39
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I AGREE
Same old BS that we have already dissected a hundred times, cobbled together by a moron who has no freaking clue what he is doing. Take it back to the latrine you dug it out of.
Old 28th July 2011, 06:08 PM   #40
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Notice that, in 9/11 liar speak, anything twoofers post is called "quote mining".

Other quote mines, however, such as Crazy J's above, are not quote mines. They are called "compelling evidence".
How's this for compelling evidence?
I walked out and I got to Vesey and West, where I reported to Frank [Cruthers]. He said, we’re moving the command post over this way, that building’s coming down. At this point, the fire was going virtually on every floor, heavy fire and smoke that really wasn’t bothering us when we were searching because it was being pushed southeast and we were a little bit west of that. I remember standing just where West and Vesey start to rise toward the entrance we were using in the World Financial Center. There were a couple of guys standing with me and a couple of guys right at the intersection, and we were trying to back them up – and here goes 7. It started to come down and now people were starting to run.
–FDNY Deputy Chief Nick Visconti

When the building came down it was completely involved in fire, all forty-seven stories.
–FDNY Assistant Chief Harry Myers

It was fully engulfed, that whole building. There were pieces of tower two [sic: he probably means tower one] in building Seven and the corners of the building missing and what-not. But just looking up at it from ground level however many stories -- it was 40 some odd -- you could see the flames going straight through from one side of the building to the other, that’s an entire block.
– Firefighter Tiernach Cassidy, FDNY

We spoke to with a FDNY Chief who has his men holed up in the US Post Office building. He informed us that the fires in building 7 were uncontrollable and that its collapse was imminent. There were no fires inside the loading dock (of 7) at this time but we could hear explosions deep inside.
–Port Authority Police Department Officer William Connors

"There's number Seven World Trade. That's the OEM bunker." We had a snicker about that. We looked over, and it's engulfed in flames and starting to collapse."
–Firefighter Gerard Suden

The whole south side of Seven World Trade had been hit by the collapse of the second Tower, and there was fire on every floor."
– Fire Captain Brenda Berkman

"When I got out and onto a clear pile, I see that 7 World Trade Center and the customs house have serious fire. Almost every window has fire. It is an amazing site. –Captain Jay Jonas, Ladder 6, FDNY

7 World Trade was burning from the ground to the ceiling fully involved. It was unbelievable.
–Firefighter Steve Modica

So I attempted to get in through the Barkley Street ramp which is on Barkley (sic) and West Broadway, but I was being held back by the fire department, because 7 World Trade, which is above the ramp, was now fully engulfed.
–PAPD K-9 Sergeant David Lim

We walked over by number Seven World Trade Center as it was burning and saw this 40-plus story building with fire on nearly all floors.
–FDNY Lieutenant Robert Larocco

Just when you thought it was over, you're walking by this building and you're hearing this building creak and fully involved in flames. It's like, is it coming down next? Sure enough, about a half an hour later it came down.
–FDNY Lieutenant James McGlynn
According to your standards of evidence, WTC7 must have been the biggest office building fire of all time.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories