IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th July 2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Israeli Connection to 9/11

I've noticed in other threads on 9/11 the truthers often claim Israel was connected to 9/11. Here's a chance for this particular branch of the truth movement to make that case. Provide your best evidence that Israel is good for the crime.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Dayan81
Banned

What possible reason would you have to invite such trash?
Dayan81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2011, 09:34 PM   #3
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dayan81 View Post
What possible reason would you have to invite such trash?
I opened this because another thread was being derailed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 02:05 AM   #4
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I've noticed in other threads on 9/11 the truthers often claim Israel was connected to 9/11. Here's a chance for this particular branch of the truth movement to make that case. Provide your best evidence that Israel is good for the crime.
I think we should avoid talking about an Israeli connection to 9/11. It only results in jeering, 'Joos' and accusations of Holocaust Denial and anti-Semitism. Not very productive in other words. If researchers are interested they should compile their own private dossiers.
Personally I think that if there is something to investigate, the potential Israeli connection can be resurrected after we break the story in America. Time enough then. In the meantime there there are other fish to fry.

Last edited by bill smith; 31st July 2011 at 02:10 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 02:55 AM   #5
tmd2_1
Graduate Poster

I'll quickly add my two cents in. I agree with bill smith. I offered evidence in that other thread...only when asked to do so, because I know what this can turn into. Discussions such as this...often lead to things where people are just blaming the "Jews" for every bit of evil in the world. Then even if someone makes a good point...you have the other side...which will just yell anti-semite. So I think discussions such as this should be avoided. Concentrate on proving the official story false (assuming it is), and then go after the criminals who ever they might be.

This will be all I add to this thread, even if you respond to this post, I will add nothing more, then what I have just stated.
tmd2_1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 03:17 AM   #6
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tmd2_1 View Post
I'll quickly add my two cents in. I agree with bill smith. ....
It is clear you agree with bill on 911, she has no clue what happen too. Your two cents were the Mossad did 911, you think the Jews did 911. You make a lot of statements about 911, you can't discuss your statements, you have to say go see the link, go see the video, etc. You don't have a clue what you are talking about because you offer no evidence.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 03:18 AM   #7
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Bill, tmd: Is it true, according to your perception, that some truthers claim involvement by Israel (its military, secret service, or lobby groups)?

Which of the following do you think is the most prudent thing to do:
  1. Discourage truthers from making such claims
  2. Encourage them to make claims, but discourage provision of evidence
  3. Encourage claims and evidence, but discourage debate
  4. Encourage claims, evidence and debate
Give reasons!
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 03:20 AM   #8
bill smith
Philosopher

It might be a good thing if all Truth people who agree with tmd and myself about avoding discussing an Israeli/Jewish connection to 9/11 at this time would make a statement to that effect here. That way it will be easy to spot debunkers who are trying to turn the conversation onto that subject.

Last edited by bill smith; 31st July 2011 at 04:04 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 03:24 AM   #9
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Bill, tmd: Is it true, according to your perception, that some truthers claim involvement by Israel (its military, secret service, or lobby groups)?

Which of the following do you think is the most prudent thing to do:
  1. Discourage truthers from making such claims
  2. Encourage them to make claims, but discourage provision of evidence
  3. Encourage claims and evidence, but discourage debate
  4. Encourage claims, evidence and debate
Give reasons!
Read our two posts Oystein. All you need is contained there.
Old 31st July 2011, 03:27 AM   #10
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
It might be a good thing if all Truth people who agree with tmd and myself about avoding discussion about an Israeli/Jewish connection to 9/11 at this time would make a similar statement here. That way it will be easy to spot debunkers who are trying to turn the conversation onto that subject.
You are saying the Jews did 911? But too shy?

Are you able to make a conclusion on 911? No, you make up stuff about tangential bs. Is that due to lack of knowledge and no evidence? 911 truth never has evidence to back up claims on 911, and you share that quality. 911 truth can't figure out 911, so how could you have offer information on an Israeli connection? 911 truth, evidence free, not making an impact for 10 years. When will you and 911 truth break the big story? never

It is easier to spot 911 truth never able to supply evidence, always spreading false information.

Last edited by beachnut; 31st July 2011 at 03:34 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 05:32 AM   #11
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I think we should avoid talking about an Israeli connection to 9/11. It only results in jeering, 'Joos' and accusations of Holocaust Denial and anti-Semitism. Not very productive in other words. If researchers are interested they should compile their own private dossiers.
Personally I think that if there is something to investigate, the potential Israeli connection can be resurrected after we break the story in America. Time enough then. In the meantime there there are other fish to fry.
So you think Israel was involved but you don't want to talk about it? Why do you think Israel was involved?
Old 31st July 2011, 05:36 AM   #12
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'll quickly add my two cents in. I agree with bill smith. I offered evidence in that other thread...only when asked to do so, because I know what this can turn into. Discussions such as this...often lead to things where people are just blaming the "Jews" for every bit of evil in the world. Then even if someone makes a good point...you have the other side...which will just yell anti-semite. So I think discussions such as this should be avoided. Concentrate on proving the official story false (assuming it is), and then go after the criminals who ever they might be.

This will be all I add to this thread, even if you respond to this post, I will add nothing more, then what I have just stated.
This is not true you offered no evidence. You attempted to by what you offered hardly meets any rational standard of proof. You think Israel was involved. Why is that?
Old 31st July 2011, 06:49 AM   #13
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

I believe it has been verified that 100% of the holocaust deniers on this site also believe in 911 conspiracy theories. Earlier threads have invited debate about the obvious connection between holocaust denial and twooferism, but several twoofers took offense, as I recall. Personally, I believe that antisemitism is a basis for many CT beliefs, including forms of twooferism, and that's from where the connection stems.

It would be interesting from a sociological point of view to poll CTs on this subject. For example, follow a series of questions about 911 conspiracy theories with questions about the holocaust. One might also include other conspiracy theories that doesn't often include Jews as the bad guys, as an adherence to many or all of these CTs might indicate mental illness instead of antisemitism.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 07:11 AM   #14
NoahFence
Banned

Quote:
Discussions such as this...often lead to things where people are just blaming the "Jews" for every bit of evil in the world. Then even if someone makes a good point..
Since they weren't involved in any way, shape, or form, any reference to "Jews" on 9/11 is a BAD point by default.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 07:15 AM   #15
triforcharity
Banned

I love it. tmd makes a WILD claim, then when called on it, is afraid to back it up.

This is called "being a truther". Bill at least is entertaining. He just throws **** all over, and hopes that some sticks.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 07:50 AM   #16
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Yeah, how is that "fish fry" coming, Bill? Haven't you been telling us "any day now" for the two and a half years you've been here. Bet that ballot in NYC is going to shake some people up, eh? Oh, wait... that went down in flames like all the other nonsense you were banking on didn't it?

So you want to put off discussing the Israeli until you get your new investigation do you. Is that how one says "never" in Truther-ese.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 08:16 AM   #17
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I have to agree with Foolmewunz here. Since the odds you the truth movement ever being even remotely successful why not discuss it? It's not as if your work is good enough to get you any of the things you want.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:45 AM   #18
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

I offered evidence in that other thread...
lie.

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 12:15 PM   #19
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

It seems to me that Israel comes up in almost every CT, and the folks doing the proposing of the given theory have different motivations in naming Israel.

Some CTers may be outright anti-semites, some may have some level of validity to their assertion, but wrt 9/11, the whole story starts with the 5 dancing Israelis, and continues with the "60 Israeli spys" (as noted by our new resident truthbot in the other thread) nabbed post 9/11.

For me, the story of the 5 dancers isn't anything more than the cirumstances of the moment and cultural differences - those guys could have been jumping up and down in shock for all I know, and none of the individuals interviewed on Israeli television said they were reacting with joy. Since I wasn't there and no action was taken when they were contacted by LE, that story goes nowhere.

The "spys" expelled post 9/11? people don't want to think about this, but the fact is that nations have no friends, only interests. Israel "spys" on us, we spy on them, the Brits spy on everybody and so on. Why Israel ended up with their ass in a crack post-9/11 I don't know, but the fact that they did doesn't have any provable connection in any way to 9/11 complicity.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 06:11 PM   #20
Triterope
Muse

I think we should avoid talking about an Israeli connection to 9/11. It only results in accusations of Holocaust Denial and anti-Semitism. Not very productive in other words.
Umm... don't you have to establish the facts of the crime before you start eliminating suspects?

It speaks volumes that you don't know what happened, don't know who did it, don't know why, want a new investigation, but you want to absolve Israel of any wrongdoing because it might look anti-Semitic on your part. You're not interested in finding the facts; you're interested in public relations.
Triterope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2011, 11:07 PM   #21
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Correction: (S)He wants to temporarily absolve Israel - but will get back to them, later.

The absolute stupidest argument for Teh Truth that I've ever heard and I've heard some doozies. These 'borgs wander around everywhere dropping direct accusations, innuendo, and bad gossip and when they have a nice warm cozy thread dedicated to allowing them to actually document any of those, they say, "Naaah, that would be tacky, and we wouldn't want to do anything tacky." Yeah, Teh Truth Movement, that bastion of etiquette for over a 20th of a century!

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2011, 07:35 AM   #22
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

What crime are we talking about? We already know who hijacked and crashed the planes beyond all reasonable doubt.

We also know that Israel was involved in 911....5 of their citizens died that day

http://web.archive.org/web/200211041...=1031666147075

along with ciitizens of 56 other countries including 66 from my country, the UK.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2011, 08:58 PM   #23
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
What crime are we talking about? We already know who hijacked and crashed the planes beyond all reasonable doubt.

We also know that Israel was involved in 911....5 of their citizens died that day

http://web.archive.org/web/200211041...=1031666147075

along with ciitizens of 56 other countries including 66 from my country, the UK.
I know all that. The point was to see why the truthers think this. As a back story this thread came about to avoid a derail on this topic from another thread.
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:05 AM   #24
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Unfortunately, Israel WAS connected to 9/11 - according to that dead turban guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motivat...ber_11_attacks
Bin Laden's 1996 Fatwa | PBS NewsHour | August 1996 | PBS
Al Qaeda's 1998 Fatwa | PBS NewsHour | Feb. 23, 1998 | PBS
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:32 AM   #25
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
It is clear you agree with bill on 911, she has no clue what happen too. Your two cents were the Mossad did 911, you think the Jews did 911. You make a lot of statements about 911, you can't discuss your statements, you have to say go see the link, go see the video, etc. You don't have a clue what you are talking about because you offer no evidence.
Debunkers are good wishful thinkers
Marokkaan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:39 AM   #26
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Marokkaan View Post
How is questioning the bunk spewed by the lunatic fringe, wishful thinking?

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:50 AM   #27
bill smith
Philosopher

Don't bother Markokaan. They are just trying to suck you in so that they can label you as an anti-semite,
Old 3rd August 2011, 05:31 PM   #28
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Truthers are excellent delusional construction artists.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2011, 06:07 PM   #29
Dayan81
Banned

Pardon me, but who are the ones who argue that the USA is indestructable, almighty, all-knowing, and there is simply no way that we could have our center of military operations attacked without the government having foreknowledge or being involved in the attack?

It is surely not debunkers who suggest this.

From the get-go 9-11 Truthers have been arguing that the USA is an indestructable force that simply cannot be taken down unless its an inside job. This is wishful-thinking at its Zenith.
Dayan81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:50 PM   #30
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Please provide evidence that Israel was involved in carrying out the attacks of 9/11.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories