IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th April 2021, 10:35 AM   #1
Axxman300
Philosopher

A Few New Photos of the WTC on 9-11

Someone posted these to Reddit. A teenager was going through an album belonging to his great aunt.

The story and pictures are here:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/27/unseen...ign=SocialFlow

The Reddit Link is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...discovered_in/

Nothing really new, but it has an interesting angle on the collapse of WTC1 that gives a great perspective of how far debris was ejected from the building and a huge chunk is visible falling near WTC7. I've always said there are more photos out there. Someday we will see them all. The story won't change.
Old 27th April 2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Full album on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/190109...h/50931313337/

Things I look for are:
Dust cover on the ground after 1st, and after 2nd collapse. It appears that the North Tower collapse pushed dust further north than the South Tower collapse (no huge surprise, but it's interesting to see there was, at least initially, a visible limit to dust spread).
Possibility of using shadows and sunlight to estimate time, at least relatively.
Some of the images appear to be from later days.
Old 28th April 2021, 10:13 AM   #3
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Full album on Flickr:

Things I look for are:
Dust cover on the ground after 1st, and after 2nd collapse. It appears that the North Tower collapse pushed dust further north than the South Tower collapse (no huge surprise, but it's interesting to see there was, at least initially, a visible limit to dust spread).
Possibility of using shadows and sunlight to estimate time, at least relatively.
Some of the images appear to be from later days.

Your link terminates at a Flikr log-in wall. I joined Flikr to view the images and
now your posted terminates at a flikr 404 nonexistant page link here...

How can I view the new images? thank you
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 01:43 AM   #4
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Your link terminates at a Flikr log-in wall.
Nope, doesn't for me (and no, I am not already logged in).
Old 29th April 2021, 03:55 AM   #5
Fonebone
persona non grata

The first time I used the link you supplied I received a 404 message that I needed to "login".
I joined flikr and am fully logged in using the exact same link you supplied, and I'm now getting 404 messages stating

This is not the page you’re looking for.

2021-04-29T10:26:33Z-fb0fcb9f@server
It appears the album you seek doesn’t exist.
Here are some of today’s best photos instead:

Mox Nix -I have only viewed two images from "My great Aunt's photo album"

and both appear to be amateur grade images created by children with photo shop type software.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 04:03 AM   #6
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I had the same problem. Is it a regional thing, do you think?

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 05:16 AM   #7
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post

The 404 message appears to be generated by the website flikr.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 11.

Last edited by zooterkin; 1st May 2021 at 12:54 PM.
Old 29th April 2021, 10:51 AM   #8
Axxman300
Philosopher

The NY Post link has them. Reddit has them.

You are not a victim because you don't know how to "Internet".
Old 29th April 2021, 11:54 AM   #9
pgimeno
Illuminator

I get 403, not 404. Different things.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 12:30 PM   #10
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Well, some more pictures of one of this century's most photographed events.. What exactly is interesting here?

Hans
Old 29th April 2021, 02:29 PM   #11
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Well, some more pictures of one of this century's most photographed events.. What exactly is interesting here?

Hans
Nothing. These photos have been available for a very long time.
Old 29th April 2021, 07:56 PM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I have not the slightest idea. How about this?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/190109...7718241415376/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190109...57718241415376

?
Old 30th April 2021, 03:58 AM   #13
Fonebone
persona non grata

Both links terminate at 404 messages in new jersey USA
Edited for rule 11.

Old 30th April 2021, 04:08 AM   #14
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
403 notice: I don't have permission to view the album, and I have to sign in.
Same as before.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2021, 10:53 AM   #15
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Hans
Well, they give our resident truther something to throw a tantrum over.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2021, 11:00 AM   #16
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The 404 message appears to be generated by the website flikr.
Edited for rule 11.
get help now... what are you ranting about --- do you look at dates of stories?

if you have all your photos on flickr and not flikr, and have over 1,000, then they will be cut to 1000 if you don't pay - SO, but you can keep them on your own computer and share them -

Does flikr have a limit like flickr does? You can pay to have more service...

beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2021, 11:08 AM   #17
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
get help now... what are you ranting about
For several of us, the pictures are not available, unless we register somewhere. I need a good reason to register somewhere. Another picture from 9/11 is not a good reason.

Hans
Old 30th April 2021, 12:22 PM   #18
Axxman300
Philosopher

For several of us, the pictures are not available, unless we register somewhere. I need a good reason to register somewhere. Another picture from 9/11 is not a good reason.

Hans
To be blunt the gist of the OP is that "New Photos" of 911 don't add much since they are similar to images already published. No missiles, no micro-nukes, no flashes from cutting charges. Just WTC1 burning with a big hole, the collapse, and dust cloud. I believe it is safe to assume that there are thousands more just like these.
Old 30th April 2021, 12:54 PM   #19
catsmate
No longer the 1

Both links terminate at 404 messages in New Jersey USA
I think you mean 403.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2021, 01:15 PM   #20
Fonebone
persona non grata

I found what claims to be the new photos here
04/30/21 16:00 EDT
There appears to be thirty-eight images
Old 30th April 2021, 01:26 PM   #21
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Still requires sign-in, for me at least.

It's OK, I don't care.

Hans
Old 30th April 2021, 01:47 PM   #22
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Both links terminate at 404 messages in new jersey USA
Edited for rule 11.
the NWO is blocking you... ???

only those who have reality based research skills can find the photos, which leaves out the fantasy based researchers know as 9/11 truthers, who are really 9/11 lies and assorted BS woo spreaders

https://i.redd.it/24ytvi00ecv61.jpg

darn is this blocked too - https://nypost.com/2021/04/27/unseen...ign=SocialFlow

Last edited by zooterkin; 1st May 2021 at 12:57 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2021, 08:22 PM   #23
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Exact same URL that I posted in #12
Old 1st May 2021, 03:57 AM   #24
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

As confirmed by the OP, even if those pictures may have only been made public recently, they contain no new information. /thread

Hans
Old 3rd May 2021, 03:53 PM   #25
pgimeno
Illuminator

My best explanation for the 403 is that the publication in NYT caused a "slashdot effectWP", triggering Yahoo's excessive bandwidth usage protections, and in order to view the images now you need a paid account.

It might fix itself over time as interest decays.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2021, 08:22 AM   #26
Austinlegro
New Blood

It may simply be that they are no longer available?

His main page is viewable - that I can't yet link to, and has just a handful of photos?
Austinlegro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2021, 03:15 PM   #27
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Someone posted these to Reddit. A teenager was going through an album belonging to his great aunt.

The story and pictures are here:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/27/unseen...ign=SocialFlow

The Reddit Link is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...discovered_in/

Nothing really new, but it has an interesting angle on the collapse of WTC1 that gives a great perspective of how far debris was ejected from the building and a huge chunk is visible falling near WTC7. I've always said there are more photos out there. Someday we will see them all. The story won't change.
But what if the World Trade Center never existed?

Checkmate, debunkers.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories